Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Whats The Most Reliable E-commerce Platform Online ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Whats The Most Reliable E-commerce Platform Online ? (485 Views)

Please Webmasters Whats The Name Of This Template / Any Free Web Hosting And Domain Platform Online / Hello Webmasters Whats The Best Platform To Build A Hospital Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Most Reliable E-commerce Platform Online ? by osile2012: 2:56am On Oct 24, 2015
[size=18pt]I once used opencart for a client and before i knew it, people where already uploading files to my server, exploiting scripts and sending spam mails with my domain address. I pulled it down.

Can someone recommend a reliable alternative.

Thanks
[/size]
Re: Whats The Most Reliable E-commerce Platform Online ? by whisp3r(m): 5:16pm On Oct 24, 2015
osile2012:
[size=18pt]I once used opencart for a client and before i knew it, people where already uploading files to my server, exploiting scripts and sending spam mails with my domain address. I pulled it down.

Thanks
[/size]

Try woocomerce runs on WordPress. Its easy to set up and also secure
Re: Whats The Most Reliable E-commerce Platform Online ? by bassdow: 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2015
osile2012:

Thanks
[/size]

It's not the fault of the CMS script you used but your own fault for failing to do the necessary things.
On many occasions, I have seen and worked on websites having little to no security.
Whoever designed them (or should I say put them together) did a very poor job thereby leaving lots of loopholes.
Its becoming a regular thing nowadays to see websites with brows able directories among others.

Moreover if you believed Open cart was easily compromised, how far about WordPress that's so popular and easily a target.
I would advice you check the way you design your websites and also watch what module or plugin you install.

PS: Who knows if you had used a nulled script (as some people are too greedy to buy one) that was compromised. That can easily be another cause.

PSS: Doing nothing and leaving the defaults where they’re at is the worst thing you can do, and it gives the CMS (e.g WordPress, Joomla, OpenCart, etc) a bad name from a security standpoint.
Re: Whats The Most Reliable E-commerce Platform Online ? by osile2012: 1:23am On Oct 25, 2015
bassdow:

It's not the fault of the CMS script you used but your own fault for failing to do the necessary things.
On many occasions, I have seen and worked on websites having little to no security.
Whoever designed them (or should I say put them together) did a very poor job thereby leaving lots of loopholes.
Its becoming a regular thing nowadays to see websites with brows able directories among others.

Moreover if you believed Open cart was easily compromised, how far about WordPress that's so popular and easily a target.
I would advice you check the way you design your websites and also watch what module or plugin you install.

PS: Who knows if you had used a nulled script (as some people are too greedy to buy one) that was compromised. That can easily be another cause.

PSS: Doing nothing and leaving the defaults where they’re at is the worst thing you can do, and it gives the CMS (e.g WordPress, Joomla, OpenCart, etc) a bad name from a security standpoint.

[size=18pt]The problem was from opencart. Opencart is actually a site of its own and you have little or nothing to design. The attack was from opencart and my hosting provider even showed the script that was manipulated and used to upload the files from opencart. [/size]

(1) (Reply)

Drupal Tutorials / Get Cheap Web Hosting, And Build A Website As Cheap As U Think / 13 Doforums That Increase Your Backlinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.