Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Meet Morufat Lawal, A Little Primary School Pupil Who Makes Public Schools Proud - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Morufat Lawal, A Little Primary School Pupil Who Makes Public Schools Proud (3206 Views)

Rivers Pastor Builds House For Pupil Who Graduated As Best In His School / Nigerian Man Who Makes Drones For US Army Bags His 6th Master's Degree. Photos / Mohammud Modibbo Dies (Nigeria's Oldest School Pupil) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Morufat Lawal, A Little Primary School Pupil Who Makes Public Schools Proud by hibee4uall(m): 10:29am On Oct 24, 2015
‪‬Professor Peter Onumanyi, the representative of Professor Adewale Solarin of the National Mathematical Centre, Abuja presenting Morufat Lawal with a trophy WHO says nothing good can come ‘out of Nazareth’? A. D. S. Primary School, Fiditi, Oyo State, may just be one of those obscure public schools, but not anymore – thanks to this kid prodigy, Morufat Yetunde Lawal, who through her sheer brilliance is bringing her school into national prominence, and making a name for herself.
No doubt, nine-year-old Morufat is
working her way to the top.
Currently in Primary 4, Morufat has won several awards of excellence in Mathematics, competing with others well ahead of her in age and academic level.
In 2014, Morufat became the first
pupil in primary three and in a public school to represent Oyo State at the national level of the prestigious national Mathematics Olympiad organised by the Mathematical Association of Nigeria (MAN).
She had been selected to represent her school (A.D.S Primary School, Fiditi) at the local level of the competition. She trounced over 40 other contestants to qualify to represent her local government (Afijio) at the zonal in level. The zonal stage involved 12 winners from four local governments (Afijio, Atiba, Oyo East and Oyo West). Morufat still came tops, despite being in primary three.
At the state level of the competition,held at the Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo, she competed with 23 others, who were winners at the respective zones, and came third and was primed to represent Oyo State at the national edition hosted by the University of Ilorin. Here, she was paired with another pupil for the quiz category. The duo came first, beating 40 contestants from other states. She
was presented with a cash gift.
In December last year, Morufat, as a primary four pupil, again represented Oyo State in Abuja in a JETS competition organised by the Federal Ministry of Education. She took the first prize to the amazement of guests at the event when she was announced as a public school primary four pupil.
Also in January 2015, Morufat
defeated many other participants to win a Mathematics competition
organised by a school – International College of Arts, Science and Technology (ICAST), Ibadan, sponsored by Sterling Bank Plc.
For the 2015 edition of the MAN
Olympiad, she effortlessly repeated the 2014 feat at every stage of the competition till the national level hosted by the University of Nigeria (UNN), Enugu campus between August 30 and September 4. Morufat contested with over 50 other state champions and came third.
For her brilliant performance, she
was awarded a N6 million scholarship by the National
Mathematical Centre (NMC), Abuja.
Morufat will have her secondary
education at the International Model Science Academy, Abuja – a school run by the NMC.
Little Morufat has, indeed, proved
that the unimpressive infrastructure in public schools notwithstanding, with a good dose of determination, champions can emerge from ‘backstage schools’.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Morufat Lawal, A Little Primary School Pupil Who Makes Public Schools Proud by skondo09(m): 10:37am On Oct 24, 2015
some ppl were born genious no matter d condition dt surrounds them.

i rem my primary sch days, awards wan kill me, though non was of national level, bt still see hatred n bullying frm 'council of elders of my class'(backbenchers)

3 Likes

Re: Meet Morufat Lawal, A Little Primary School Pupil Who Makes Public Schools Proud by abat4real37(f): 10:42am On Oct 24, 2015
Excellent
Re: Meet Morufat Lawal, A Little Primary School Pupil Who Makes Public Schools Proud by lekankolade(m): 10:47am On Oct 24, 2015
Nice one...I remember when I came 4th in cowbell national mathematics competition during my secondary sch days.. I nearly killed myself
Re: Meet Morufat Lawal, A Little Primary School Pupil Who Makes Public Schools Proud by klickash077(m): 11:51am On Oct 24, 2015
limitation and fear only exist in our mind. we can achieve all we desire, provided we put our head into it.

kudos to the young girl, keep shining

lalasticlala do the needful, let's motivate our young generation, it shouldn't be about pdp, apc, name checking, "10 ways to know that you are hungry" or tonto dike
Re: Meet Morufat Lawal, A Little Primary School Pupil Who Makes Public Schools Proud by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 24, 2015
Nigeria is full of talents, how i wish the federal govt. and other "bigmen" of our dear nation could help harnessing these talents into citizens we can be proud of embarassed. lalasticlala
Re: Meet Morufat Lawal, A Little Primary School Pupil Who Makes Public Schools Proud by NaijaBlend: 6:39am On May 03, 2017
Almost two years, yet one page on Nairaland. Had this been one breast-baring lady or one BBN housemate who conducts BJ on another housemate, this thread would run into scores of pages. You see how we have all failed society?

Congratulations to this angel. Congratulations to her parents. Surely, she does not belong to the kitchen and the other room!
Re: Meet Morufat Lawal, A Little Primary School Pupil Who Makes Public Schools Proud by Sohot: 5:02am On Sep 20, 2018
The reason why it's like that is that she has a talent for it.So no matter her location she will excel
Re: Meet Morufat Lawal, A Little Primary School Pupil Who Makes Public Schools Proud by Evangkatsoulis: 6:02am On Sep 20, 2018
9 years old in Primary 4?
Re: Meet Morufat Lawal, A Little Primary School Pupil Who Makes Public Schools Proud by Favor99(m): 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:
9 years old in Primary 4?
Hey bro

(1) (Reply)

Tai Solarin University Of Education (TASUED) 2016 Admission Forum. / How Do I Become An IGCSE Certified Teacher? / UNIABUJA: How Nairalanders Opened My Eyes To Reality Of The School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.