Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. (45419 Views)

My Relative Abandoned His Children In My Home / Relative Missing Since 2008, Please Help (Photo) / Zimbabwean Woman Living With 2 Husbands (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by IgweBUIKE1(m): 2:45am On Oct 25, 2015
by doin so u re heapin a coal on them...love that hymn too

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by bammo: 3:49am On Oct 25, 2015
Atmmachine:
God forgives but i don't.

I make war so i may live in peace.
My asshole Aunties , friends and uncles are reaping the fruits of their labor.
They did say I'm useless when i was in Nigeria because i had no job.
I traveled to America in 2008, studied medicine, now i make millions in just a year

They treated me like shit when i was nobody & I'm kind of rich now and they want me to forgive and forget.

I ripped my heart and buried it in the grave, now i don't have any sympathy for anyone.
but then she wakes you up from your dream to go and mop the floor

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Excellent7(m): 3:56am On Oct 25, 2015
andyanders:
Op, note that this experience must have been divined in order to mold you for challenges ahead of live and could be a way for God to preserve you and your siblings.

Now, your experience must have exposed you to things you wouldn't have known then.Had it been that you went to stay with them now that you are an adult, you wouldn't have known their attitude or maybe any of your younger siblings was sent to them then instead of you,that person would have died.

You are just like Christ that suffered for mankind.You suffered for your younger ones as one of them would have died while staying with them and they will come and lie to your parents as to what happened.

Sir/madam, please stop trying to rationalize this bad treatment.
Reading these experiences here is already making me feel so bad.
No child should be treated that way.
Unfortunately, this is rampant.
Sometimes people make me wonder if they are really human.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by bammo: 4:39am On Oct 25, 2015
silverr:
Hmmm, where do I start from,
While I was quite younger, my cousin married a bad woman who came in like a saint.

She always complain that she needs a maid to live with her. We started sourcing for a young relative whose parents needed help. So I stayed with her temporarily.

She made me scrub the rug with water, dettol and liquid fresher twice a day, mop the rest of the house everyday. I don't eat on the table but in the floor. I don't sit in the cushion but in the floor. Get shouted at every little thing and she asks me if my mum sent me to kill her. Accused me of being a spy. Everyday, I pray: God let them find someone fast.
I'm the kind of person that will endure you stepping on my legs till you balance before I ask you to shift as long as I'm not bleeding to death and so, I didn't even tell my cousin anything. I had a phone but didn't call any family, we attend church with our elder in the family yet I don't tell his family anything. She knew this was my weakness and exploited it fully.

Finally, I left, she brought a new girl, treated that one worse till the girl jumped out from the balcony of the 2 story they live in and ran away. She then came back to my mum and asked for my younger sister. (my sister is quiet like me).

She mistreated her till one day, my sister was forced to eat her tasteless food and rejected it. She kept beating her to eat, she ate and vomited, she then asked her to eat the vomit, my sis ate it and vomited it again then she started another round of beating till my cousin came home, she then shouted at her to clean up the mess.
She cut my sis 14inch hair out of pure jealousy. She has no hair and won't have cus of her wicked hrt.

Finally, years after, there was a guy I don't really like enough to marry but he was hot on me. She kinda knew his family, she ran there and was asking his mum to stop her son from having anything to do with my family.
She said I called her a witch and only visits her when I need money, I'm lazy and can't do any work, that she slaved for me while I wa at her place.
She said my sis is a thief an she stole her last kobo, she had to borrow her transport to my parents house.
She said my bro is a thief and went to steal and they caught him and were abt to Lynch him till she found out and intervened.
She said my mum is childless cus we aren't worth being called humans. She swore all these with a bible.

I cried when I heard it not cus of the man but cus I still loved her despite all, I just took it as human wickedness and moved on.
Sorry about that. But u fvck up And i'm dissapointed.. Why did you send your sister to her despite knowing her character

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Flye: 4:52am On Oct 25, 2015
silverr:
While I was quite younger, my cousin married a bad woman who came in like a saint.

She always complain that she needs a maid to live with her. We started sourcing for a young relative whose parents needed help. So I stayed with her temporarily.

She made me scrub the rug with water, dettol and liquid fresher twice a day, mop the rest of the house everyday. I don't eat on the table but in the floor. I don't sit in the cushion but in the floor. Get shouted at every little thing and she asks me if my mum sent me to kill her. Accused me of being a spy. Everyday, I pray: God let them find someone fast.
I'm the kind of person that will endure you stepping on my legs till you balance before I ask you to shift as long as I'm not bleeding to death and so, I didn't even tell my cousin anything. I had a phone but didn't call any family, we attend church with our elder in the family yet I don't tell his family anything. She knew this was my weakness and exploited it fully.

Finally, I left, she brought a new girl, treated that one worse till the girl jumped out from the balcony of the 2 story they live in and ran away. She then came back to my mum and asked for my younger sister. (my sister is quiet like me).

She mistreated her till one day, my sister was forced to eat her tasteless food and rejected it. She kept beating her to eat, she ate and vomited, she then asked her to eat the vomit, my sis ate it and vomited it again then she started another round of beating till my cousin came home, she then shouted at her to clean up the mess.
She cut my sis 14inch hair out of pure jealousy. She has no hair and won't have cus of her wicked hrt.

Finally, years after, there was a guy I don't really like enough to marry but he was hot on me. She kinda knew his family, she ran there and was asking his mum to stop her son from having anything to do with my family.
She said I called her a witch and only visits her when I need money, I'm lazy and can't do any work, that she slaved for me while I wa at her place.
She said my sis is a thief an she stole her last kobo, she had to borrow her transport to my parents house.
She said my bro is a thief and went to steal and they caught him and were abt to Lynch him till she found out and intervened.
She said my mum is childless cus we aren't worth being called humans. She swore all these with a bible.

I cried when I heard it not cus of the man but cus I still loved her despite all, I just took it as human wickedness and moved on.

You have to seek forgiveness from your sister, everything that women did to ur sister was ur fault.

A wise brother or sister protect his/her siblings from any danger but u deliberately exposed your sister to danger by not telling ur parent what u went trough while staying in her house and u still allow her to go with your sister.

Honestly I'm really mad at u for allowing her to maltreat ur sister even though u know b4 hand.

7 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by ebukaobi14(m): 5:36am On Oct 25, 2015
Its really sad... thank God it made u strong... You really endured. Am proud of u dearie

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:55am On Oct 25, 2015
Hmmmmmmm God bless my Aunty...... she tried when I was staying with her in Ilorin 1999 to 2001. God really used her during the period, her contribution to my life is highly significant.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by moseshola(m): 6:05am On Oct 25, 2015
My elder sister and I suffered similar fate when we were staying with an uncle. The wife showed us pepper. We were kept hungry most times and maltreatment. But looking back I really don't blame her. I blame my parents who sent us to live with them. People should learn to bear their burden themselves. Parents in house never sent ur children to stay with any supposed rich sister or brother in the name of family ties. Such children end up as house girls/boys in those houses. Some get molested sexuality and all that. Even if na garri make u dey drink am with ur children for ur house one day e go better. Forget all these so Called rich uncles and aunties nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by DICKtator: 6:19am On Oct 25, 2015
MrBLING:

May you suffer such treatment times 1000 for the rest of your life.

Say a big AMEN!!

Ewuuu

Kindly don't quote me to type rubbish if you don't understand my modus operandi here.

You are forgiven though for your ignorance.

And for the records, I do not have to visit any relative because I stand on my own!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by donodion(m): 6:28am On Oct 25, 2015
Dear MissAssy...

Your life story is indeed touching and most unfortunate a reality. Thank you for sharing.

I have witnessed this while young and now old, sadly this vicious cycle of abuse towards dependants and benefactors continues, the slavery culture.

Either towards househelps or extended relatives.

I wish to advise every young folks aspiring to marry, especially the men, the need to realise how brutally territorial women could be in their domain.

As responsible man you must be vigilant and assert your authority when the need arise.
Many families have become sworn enemies as a result of this brutal culture of abuse,not considering the fact that the wheel of life does and always turn.

Family members looking up to you today could become the very same nurturing you and your wards tomorrow.

God bless those men and women who treat others regardless they are their blood relations or not,like humans with dignity and true love.

Remember, the wheel of life always turn.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by obiak4(m): 6:35am On Oct 25, 2015
itsmine:
" will say it times and time again;
Women are one Heartless creatures!!! I only Hope u don't grow to treat another kid like ur aunt..."

Gbam!
not all women wait till u see my mum who treat anybody like her son or daughter
u as a son would even be jealous
my dad z the exact opposite
NNEKA
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by maputohq: 6:52am On Oct 25, 2015
Atmmachine:
God forgives but i don't.

I make war so i may live in peace.
My asshole Aunties , friends and uncles are reaping the fruits of their labor.
They did say I'm useless when i was in Nigeria because i had no job.
I traveled to America in 2008, studied medicine, now i make millions in just a year

They treated me like shit when i was nobody & I'm kind of rich now and they want me to forgive and forget.

I ripped my heart and buried it in the grave, now i don't have any sympathy for anyone.
I love you for this. Nohomo! My situation was/is a little better because of my stubborness. Trustme, i stay with my uncle.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by project7(m): 7:00am On Oct 25, 2015
You never know with women. -- James Hardley Chase

I payed a visit to an uncle. Stayed too late to return home. Left very early the next morning because I had to get home change and resume work by 7am.

Later I started hearing stories from extended family members that I stayed at my uncles place and refuse to sweep the house in the morning. The woman was complaining that I left the house without doing anything.

What is it with africans and slavery?

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by nicerichard05: 7:03am On Oct 25, 2015
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Tinyemeka(m): 7:23am On Oct 25, 2015
corisande:

I concur!
I would never send my child/children to go stay with any relaTION no matter the condiTION!

The plain truth is that your child in their house, would immediately be seen as a quick and cheap solution to getting a house help.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 25, 2015
MissAssy:

I thank God i survived those horrible three years of my life, i remember one time like that my mum visited me, when it ws time for her to leave i started crying that i want to follow her bt she advised me to stay that it was only a matter of time before she will come back and take me with her and she was crying too.
hey U know wah.. Just forgive em i know its not easy, it is really difficult i know.. But just move on, work hard okay?
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by mac04: 7:27am On Oct 25, 2015
MissAssy:
There are some experiences you don't wanna keep to yourself. Mine is what i experienced when i lived with my aunt and her children who are all older than me in 2006.Am gonna make this story as short as possible.Am not much of a writer so please bear with me and share your experiences too.

It started when i went for a vacation at their house in aba. I was 11yrs then and that made it easy for them to brainwash me with fake love using bleach and iron sponge. Well one day like that, my aunt gave me nd my cousin some chores to do and left for market, after i finished mine my cousin tried to cajole me to do hers so i refused but when she tried to drag me inside to beat me or something, my eyes hit the key lock.i thought i ws going to go blind because blood started gushing out of my left eye as if that was not enough she asked me to lie on how i got the accident and that was during the period of my vacation,i thought that was an accident and that such thing wont happen again cos they asked me to live with them which i agreed meanwhile my mom disagreed cos she was maltreated by her aunt when she was little on the other hand my dad agreed cos that is his sister. As time went on,they showed me their true colour.i go to school only 3times in a week except when we have exams.i do all the hard work in the house and they're never satisfied, as an 11yr old girl i fetch water with 25liters of gallon i bet that's why all my siblings are taller than me ,i wake up around 5 every morning to wash the plates, fetch water meanwhile i fetch water every night and the most painful part is that she have sons that can fetch water and am always late for school and am always the last to pay school fees, everyone knows me in school then, most of the time i wont eat breakfast before going to school and i will stay hungry till 4 with nothing in my tummy.i cry myself to sleep every night and they don't care, i hardly smile or laugh when am with them.school is my escape route cos i have a best friend then who buys things like food for me then and help pay for my textbooks then cos am always the last to pay for everything.If i ask her to give me money for a textbook worth 150 she will say she doesn't have meanwhile she will bring money in bundles and count in my presence our school then is a mixed school so i gained alot from boys,at a time our sp stopped punishing me for coming late.Her daughter sends me out at night to buy things for her and if i refuse i will get a beating.whenever my mum or dad visits me, they start treating me well and calling me by my short name which us Muanya instead of Chimuanya they usually blurt out.whenever they cook a new soup i will b the one to eat the old one and by the time i finish it, the new one will b old.when i was in jss2, my lil sis who was around 6 then came for a holiday so one day it rained so hard,u know aba nau with bad road and everything After the rain my aunt asked me to go and buy pepper so i bought dry pepper which they usually use, when i came back she asked me to go and change it that she needs fresh pepper so i told her that we have fresh pepper and she asked me to bring it, when i brought it, it turns out that the pepper has decayed with maggot the next thing i knew she poured the on my face and i didn't even know what i did to deserve that.i thought my heart was going to break,i couldn't even cry but when i turned and saw my lil sis crying, i couldn't hold back my own tears with my heart aching after i washed off the pepper on my face she still asked me to go and change the pepper and it was already dark then.These are just half of the things they did to me and the only thing i regret till now is never running away cos i know they would have alot to answer to everyone if i did.

Lalasticlala please push this for me
Bigger you I pray for.Thank God you survived
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Atmmachine(m): 7:29am On Oct 25, 2015
bammo:

but then she wakes you up from your dream to go and mop the floor

Sorry.
I don't play with kids.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Mudorsis: 7:29am On Oct 25, 2015
Such horrible treatments are meted out only to the calm and gentle ones..... My aunties or relatives cant try such with me. All of them dey fear my stubbornness and strong headedness then ... I no dey hear word na.... My relatives walk on egg shell while relating with me ... A na m anu ife?..lol

I was that kind of kid that you wont even like to live with because if you dont have strong heart, I can give you high blood pressure...lol.

On the other hand, my mum rarely allows me and my siblings to spend time or holidays in any relatives house. She is always afraid I might go there and cause trouble.... Anyway, I have mellowed down now..

@OP, just forgive and move on...such is life

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 25, 2015
everyone has a story to tell, I once lived with an uncle and His wife was fire. well, I left there 2010 and now I'm a better person in my own father's house, damn never let a child stay with a relative. never.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by naijaboiy: 7:55am On Oct 25, 2015
silverr:

Meehn you fuçked up!

BIG TIME! angry

I'm really angry with you! angry

How can that your aunt treat you in such manner and you still allowed her to come take away your sister?

Mehn you should be held responsible for what your sister went through. angry

You didn't try at all in that aspect.

Where is the THUMBS DOWN smiley when I need one. Seun take note. angry

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by naijaboiy: 8:26am On Oct 25, 2015
Mehn those of you that stayed and endured all these treatments from your relatives tried.

I trust myself,i won't let such happen to me. I rather be in my parents house and suffer than be maltreated by another person. If I don't have parents i'll rather be in the streets.

My wife dare not try this with any of my relatives else she will see hell. I hate being maltreated and I can't stand seeing someone else going through such experience too.
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by charlesucheh(m): 8:32am On Oct 25, 2015
MissAssy:
There are some experiences you don't wanna keep to yourself. Mine is what i experienced when i lived with my aunt and her children who are all older than me in 2006.Am gonna make this story as short as possible.Am not much of a writer so please bear with me and share your experiences too.

It started when i went for a vacation at their house in aba. I was 11yrs then and that made it easy for them to brainwash me with fake love using bleach and iron sponge. Well one day like that, my aunt gave me nd my cousin some chores to do and left for market, after i finished mine my cousin tried to cajole me to do hers so i refused but when she tried to drag me inside to beat me or something, my eyes hit the key lock.i thought i ws going to go blind because blood started gushing out of my left eye as if that was not enough she asked me to lie on how i got the accident and that was during the period of my vacation,i thought that was an accident and that such thing wont happen again cos they asked me to live with them which i agreed meanwhile my mom disagreed cos she was maltreated by her aunt when she was little on the other hand my dad agreed cos that is his sister. As time went on,they showed me their true colour.i go to school only 3times in a week except when we have exams.i do all the hard work in the house and they're never satisfied, as an 11yr old girl i fetch water with 25liters of gallon i bet that's why all my siblings are taller than me ,i wake up around 5 every morning to wash the plates, fetch water meanwhile i fetch water every night and the most painful part is that she have sons that can fetch water and am always late for school and am always the last to pay school fees, everyone knows me in school then, most of the time i wont eat breakfast before going to school and i will stay hungry till 4 with nothing in my tummy.i cry myself to sleep every night and they don't care, i hardly smile or laugh when am with them.school is my escape route cos i have a best friend then who buys things like food for me then and help pay for my textbooks then cos am always the last to pay for everything.If i ask her to give me money for a textbook worth 150 she will say she doesn't have meanwhile she will bring money in bundles and count in my presence our school then is a mixed school so i gained alot from boys,at a time our sp stopped punishing me for coming late.Her daughter sends me out at night to buy things for her and if i refuse i will get a beating.whenever my mum or dad visits me, they start treating me well and calling me by my short name which us Muanya instead of Chimuanya they usually blurt out.whenever they cook a new soup i will b the one to eat the old one and by the time i finish it, the new one will b old.when i was in jss2, my lil sis who was around 6 then came for a holiday so one day it rained so hard,u know aba nau with bad road and everything After the rain my aunt asked me to go and buy pepper so i bought dry pepper which they usually use, when i came back she asked me to go and change it that she needs fresh pepper so i told her that we have fresh pepper and she asked me to bring it, when i brought it, it turns out that the pepper has decayed with maggot the next thing i knew she poured the on my face and i didn't even know what i did to deserve that.i thought my heart was going to break,i couldn't even cry but when i turned and saw my lil sis crying, i couldn't hold back my own tears with my heart aching after i washed off the pepper on my face she still asked me to go and change the pepper and it was already dark then.These are just half of the things they did to me and the only thing i regret till now is never running away cos i know they would have alot to answer to everyone if i did.

Lalasticlala please push this for me
Sounds like an award winning Nolly wood story. But wait ooO!! All these happened and you didn't deem it fit to let your mum who would have believed you know! Haba!! And when we watch those films, we'll always offer strategies on how to escape the situation.
Bruv! It's one of those rough roads we have to ply before we start experiencing the smooth ones. It'll will get better.
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Acecube(m): 8:50am On Oct 25, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Nah, this is bull! Someone treats you like this and you keep quiet when she asks for your precious baby sister? Nah, somethings not right ere...
I thought it was only me that saw this oh... the guy messed up big time... his quietness led to the suffering of his 2 other siblings smh
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Acecube(m): 8:53am On Oct 25, 2015
naijaboiy:

Meehn you fuçked up!

BIG TIME! angry

I'm really angry with you! angry

How can that your aunt treat you in such manner and you still allowed her to come take away your sister?

Mehn you should be held responsible for what your sister went through. angry

You didn't try at all in that aspect.

Where is the THUMBS DOWN smiley when I need one. Seun take note. angry
seriously i almost ran mad after reading his narration

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by iamkingzlee(m): 8:56am On Oct 25, 2015
bummyla:
Wow! My Happened around that time 2006! I have finished serving in NYSC, 2 years plus no job, only temporary jobs that lasted like 3 months and frustration was about setting in. So I remember my Aunty, Aunty Ijeoma, my Mother's only sister in the family of 10. I remembered in 2004, when I lost one of my younger brother, she wept more than everybody that came for the burial! I remembered her saying that my late brother asked her for some help, if she had known, he won't live long, she would have assisted him immediately he asked. So she turned to us and made a promise that whosoever among us that needs her helps shouldn't hesitate to call on her, so I decided in 2006 to take her by her words. Though something kept telling me I will regret this decision, but I couldn't place my hands on what was it.

I called her up, she said no problem, come over to Lagos, we now live in Lekkie, I know people in NPA, Shell Oil Company, Starcomms, Chervon, etc, I will hook you up in days to the best job offer in any of the numerous oil companies in Lagos. I was so excited, with my last money I went shopping for corporate wears for my Oil company job. Oh Poor gullible me!

I got to Lagos Lekki, became my aunty's houseboy! Initially I did not complain, it was a little price to pay for an oil company job. I had dreams! I wake up 4 am in the morning, crumb the floor, cook breakfast, lunch and dinner, wash her dog and brush it teeth, wash her car, sweep the compound and any other chores she would assign me.

But when It was obvious she wasn't going to help me, I start going to cyber cafe to submit my CV and became her enemy. I never knew there was something like psychological Abuse till then.

Everyday my aunty will send to my phone from her office up to 20 SMS telling me will never amount to something in life because: I stammer and stutter, fat, dark, tall and ugly

And as an applicant every alert that comes in, rises your hope for job, but imagine getting in a day for one year SMS telling you: How worthless you are, how fat, smelling, dark and ugly you are After sometimes, I started believing her that I was Ugly, dark and fat, no white man will want to work with me. I will be giving them nightmares!

I couldn't go back home, because It means I had given up! I came to Lagos for a good job and A good Job I will get! My Aunty Abuse led me to Christ. I became Born Again

Because at this stage only GOD could help me.

And She did not like it at all.

For 6 months she stopped giving me food systematically. First she changed her house girls like 8 times till she got Franca who she could use against me. Franca claimed I tried to rape her. Thank GOD none of my cousins bought her stories, so it died down.

They started warming my food with the dog's pot and serving me sometimes with the old dog's plate, so I stopped collecting food from them.

I was always the last to eat, I have to wait till everyone finish eating before I eat, if I dare to eat before anyone, Franca will report me, at the age of 25 my Aunty will ask me to Knee down, close my eyes and rise my hands up! If I refuse she will call all my pastors and report me, and for the sake of peace my pastors will ask me to obey. I will knee down, close my eyes and raise up my hands while Franca will be clapping and singing around me in circle "Olodo! Olodo!!! Ode!!!! Ode!!!"

I had no other Choice but to endure! As if the punishment was not enough, she started asking me to lay down at any little provocative! Once she asked Franca to climb on my head while I was on the floor! And I gave a Black Eye souvenir and a licking nose to remember never to mess with a broken young man!

After she started saying saying if I don't cry and wail for her forgiveness, she will never forgive for what she chooses to say I had done! So I became a professional actor - Who cries on cue I could have won an Oscar for my Weeping and Wailing in her house!

The painful part my parents did not believe me, so I stopped telling them of my painful ordeal in the hands of my aunty! aunty Ijeoma

If my aunty catches my watching movies, or sleeping during the day time, she will ask me to crumb all the interlocking stones in her compound! Life was a living hell! But I refuse to give up.

I sold all my clothes to eat in my wealthy aunty's house, where her dogs only eats Tantalizers

Before then, she got me and interview with one Indian man in Apapa-A Plastic company, that was before I started selling off my clothes, belts, shoes to eat, she advised me to wear one of my not too good shirt for the interview, which sounds odd! So I didn't take her advise! I wore my best Pink Shirt, Tie and Suit for the Interview! I needed to create a perfect first impression - That was what we were taught!

When I was called in, to see the India man, obviously, he was expecting to see a shabbily dressed young man, which he voiced out! He was really mad at me, he started screaming "Boy Who do you think You Are! Dressed up Like This? You Are A Monkey! Who Gave You This Suit And Tie! Get Out Of Here"

I immediately started take off my suit, tie and my pink shirt, I knelt before him pleading for forgiveness and for a chance or opportunity to serve in his company, he call the security and I was thrown out!

I felt like committing suicide that day!

To cut the long story short! I got a job without her help, moved out of her house. One day I came to work to find my aunty in the reception room waiting to see my boss, according to her to let her know whom she had employed: A Thief And An Armed Robber

But That was the last straw! I made my point very clear to her that if she ever in her lifetime try me again, I will make her regret the day she was born! I drove the point in and she understood the message very well. http://www.bummyla.com
damn!!! shocked you went through all of this shocked I salute your ability to endure..

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 25, 2015
MissAssy:

I thank God i survived those horrible three years of my life, i remember one time like that my mum visited me, when it ws time for her to leave i started crying that i want to follow her bt she advised me to stay that it was only a matter of time before she will come back and take me with her and she was crying too.

What was going on in your home?that made your mom give you away.

May Godbless you,I was actually crying reading your story,I can relate to it.if I may ask,how old are you now?
Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by aameyah(f): 9:33am On Oct 25, 2015
bummyla:
Wow! My Happened around that time 2006! I have finished serving in NYSC, 2 years plus no job, only temporary jobs that lasted like 3 months and frustration was about setting in. So I remember my Aunty, Aunty Ijeoma, my Mother's only sister in the family of 10. I remembered in 2004, when I lost one of my younger brother, she wept more than everybody that came for the burial! I remembered her saying that my late brother asked her for some help, if she had known, he won't live long, she would have assisted him immediately he asked. So she turned to us and made a promise that whosoever among us that needs her helps shouldn't hesitate to call on her, so I decided in 2006 to take her by her words. Though something kept telling me I will regret this decision, but I couldn't place my hands on what was it.

I called her up, she said no problem, come over to Lagos, we now live in Lekkie, I know people in NPA, Shell Oil Company, Starcomms, Chervon, etc, I will hook you up in days to the best job offer in any of the numerous oil companies in Lagos. I was so excited, with my last money I went shopping for corporate wears for my Oil company job. Oh Poor gullible me!

I got to Lagos Lekki, became my aunty's houseboy! Initially I did not complain, it was a little price to pay for an oil company job. I had dreams! I wake up 4 am in the morning, crumb the floor, cook breakfast, lunch and dinner, wash her dog and brush it teeth, wash her car, sweep the compound and any other chores she would assign me.

But when It was obvious she wasn't going to help me, I start going to cyber cafe to submit my CV and became her enemy. I never knew there was something like psychological Abuse till then.

Everyday my aunty will send to my phone from her office up to 20 SMS telling me will never amount to something in life because: I stammer and stutter, fat, dark, tall and ugly

And as an applicant every alert that comes in, rises your hope for job, but imagine getting in a day for one year SMS telling you: How worthless you are, how fat, smelling, dark and ugly you are After sometimes, I started believing her that I was Ugly, dark and fat, no white man will want to work with me. I will be giving them nightmares!

I couldn't go back home, because It means I had given up! I came to Lagos for a good job and A good Job I will get! My Aunty Abuse led me to Christ. I became Born Again

For 6 months she stopped giving me food systematically. First she changed her house girls like 8 times till she got Franca who she could use against me. Franca claimed I tried to rape her. Thank GOD none of my cousins bought her stories, so it died down.

They started warming my food with the dog's pot and serving me sometimes with the old dog's plate, so I stopped collecting food from them.

I was always the last to eat, I have to wait till everyone finish eating before I eat, if I dare to eat before anyone, Franca will report me, at the age of 25 my Aunty will ask me to Knee down, close my eyes and rise my hands up! If I refuse she will call all my pastors and report me, and for the sake of peace my pastors will ask me to obey. I will knee down, close my eyes and raise up my hands while Franca will be clapping and singing around me in circle "Olodo! Olodo!!! Ode!!!! Ode!!!"

I had no other Choice but to endure! As if the punishment was not enough, she started asking me to lay down at any little provocative! Once she asked Franca to climb on my head while I was on the floor! And I gave a Black Eye souvenir and a licking nose to remember never to mess with a broken young man!

After she started saying saying if I don't cry and wail for her forgiveness, she will never forgive for what she chooses to say I had done! So I became a professional actor - Who cries on cue I could have won an Oscar for my Weeping and Wailing in her house!

The painful part my parents did not believe me, so I stopped telling them of my painful ordeal in the hands of my aunty! aunty Ijeoma

If my aunty catches my watching movies, or sleeping during the day time, she will ask me to crumb all the interlocking stones in her compound! Life was a living hell! But I refuse to give up.

I sold all my clothes to eat in my wealthy aunty's house, where her dogs only eats Tantalizers

Before then, she got me and interview with one Indian man in Apapa-A Plastic company, that was before I started selling off my clothes, belts, shoes to eat, she advised me to wear one of my not too good shirt for the interview, which sounds odd! So I didn't take her advise! I wore my best Pink Shirt, Tie and Suit for the Interview! I needed to create a perfect first impression - That was what we were taught!

When I was called in, to see the India man, obviously, he was expecting to see a shabbily dressed young man, which he voiced out! He was really mad at me, he started screaming "Boy Who do you think You Are! Dressed up Like This? You Are A Monkey! Who Gave You This Suit And Tie! Get Out Of Here"

I immediately started take off my suit, tie and my pink shirt, I knelt before him pleading for forgiveness and for a chance or opportunity to serve in his company, he call the security and I was thrown out!

To cut the long story short! I got a job without her help, moved out of her house. One day I came to work to find my aunty in the reception room waiting to see my boss, according to her to let her know whom she had employed: A Thief And An Armed Robber

But That was the last straw! I made my point very clear to her that if she ever in her lifetime try me again, I will make her regret the day she was born! I drove the point in and she understood the message very well. http://www.bummyla.com

How could you say you didn't have a choice? At 25?
You fuk up! Even those pastors self!!

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 25, 2015
euromilion:

What was going on in your home?that made your mom give you away.

May Godbless you,I was actually crying reading your story,I can relate to it.if I may ask,how old are you now?
Am 20 now, my mom didn't give me away. She didn't even agree @first but my dad insisted and its not like they cant take care of us cos we are financially stable then but u knw my dad agreed cos she's his sister.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience When Living With A Relative. by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 25, 2015
bummyla:

Am sorry but,I had no pity on you,at 25 you allowed yrself in such a mess.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Advice To Single Ladies Approaching 40 / I'm 30 And Still Living With My Parents..smh / My Wife Has Been Poisoning My Meals Since 2008, Husband Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.