Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,360 members, 7,780,981 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:51 AM

Being disowned by your mom because of your career prospect - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Being disowned by your mom because of your career prospect (544 Views)

Chat Between A Mom Whose Child Is On Life Support And Her Boss / 300 Sacked Lagos Street Sweepers Disowned / Career Prospect And Opportunities In Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being disowned by your mom because of your career prospect by ohgurl(f): 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hello,I don't know if this is the right section to post this but am really confused and need matured advice.My story goes thus;after the joy of gaining admission,although I was not given my dream course I wanted English and was given Linguistics while i picked law in my UTME.I sound like a confused fellow right?Am actually not confused I know what I want,but due to circumstances am going to explain I chose law.
Lemme try to explain a bit,am from a broken home and my mom has been doing basically doing everything from finance to feeding,clothing and all.I have a dad but an irresponsible one.At times he sends money to me,but not every time and his inconsistent coupled with the fact that he fails to keep to his promise.So my mum wants me to study law by fire by force,just few days ago she has called that she is no longer concerned about my school and I should not call her because have failed to study law.I was once a science student,an unhappy one as at that because I was pushed by my mom to study science,in fact I was promised I will study medicine in any university in the world by my step-dad.The truth is that I was not thrilled a bit and crossed to art.Hell almost let loose and she told me after my 'o levels' when I come to meet her in abroad I will still go back to science.The plan failed and she wanted me to pick law for my UTME,I was left with no choice but to do that and now she has disowned me or I don't know if it is a threat.
Am planning my traveling process to go and meet her.Its almost through self and one of the condition is that,I have to deny my biological father at the interview because my step dad filed for me.I don't know if I will drop my surname,but she has been talking about putting me in medical school and I have to learn a trade i don't like because it will help me.I can not do what i like it is forbidden!Am being silenced in fear.I don't feel like traveling that is the truth.She doesn't even want me to accept the admission in the first place because it is not law and am traveling soon.Have decided to stand on my own but its impossible without financial support.I called my dad and he sent my fees promising to see me through.For the fact that my dad is irresponsible I have to have something I can fall back on if he fails me and I don't even trust him.The question is what can I do to sustain myself as a student?At times I have this fear of running back to my mum,which she knows I might later when I run out of cash.But a voice keeps telling me in my head 'to stand up for what i believe in' am so passionate about my dreams.Please am I making a mistake here or am on the right part? Everybody I know told me to go and beg my mum so I wont end up ON the street.If I finally gather the balls to stand alone what can i do to survive as a student?My dad is an option B,his inconsistent.So please help me.SORRY FOR THE LONG EPISTLE....CC lalastical please do the needful,am so confused right now I need my post to be pushed to F.P Thanks....
Re: Being disowned by your mom because of your career prospect by jascon1(m): 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
The story sef na dilemma. E too long. U go day this dilemma tay o. Just shorten the story

(1) (Reply)

What Career #ilongerthroat For / Welcome Criticism, It Helps / See Hw U Can Download Our Free Video Tutorial On Autocad 3D, Revit 3D Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.