Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? (13871 Views)

See What This Bi-sexual Lady To Her Ex-boyffriend Who Broke Her Heart / Help,my Friend Keep Talking About My Man Handsomeness. / My Husband And His Ex-grilfriend Are Still Keeping In Touch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by kinnkw(m): 9:32pm On May 04, 2009
should a girl friend keep in touch with her ex and other guy she has dated?
I mean calling them and see them ?
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by StephenP(m): 9:41pm On May 04, 2009
What will be her reason for doing that?
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by StrStruck(f): 9:42pm On May 04, 2009
StephenP:

What will be her reason for doing that?

Maybe she's still friends with him and doesn't have a reason to cut off that friendship
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by bluespice(f): 9:43pm On May 04, 2009
its an ex no an enemy

y shouldnt she as long as she's sure nothing can happen
no 'mistakes'

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by StrStruck(f): 9:45pm On May 04, 2009
bluespice:

its an ex no an enemy

y shouldnt she as long as she's sure nothing can happen
no 'mistakes'

YES!
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 04, 2009
Depending on her emotional state. But i really don't see any need for that, maybe as an acquaintance though.
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by tope5000: 11:19pm On May 04, 2009
Well it dependz on the reason why they broke up in the first place undecided
But i dont think its wise lipsrsealed
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by ikamefa(f): 11:19pm On May 04, 2009
Kingsleyinfo:

Depending on her emotional state

gbam!  @ topic it all depends on her juices hormone level grin grin grin grin

oxytocin is a big baaad biatch
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by mntpaul(m): 11:20pm On May 04, 2009
That's a risky situation.  I have had female co-workers (friends) put the moves on me, it happens. So why would your girl friend put herself in a situation where old friends might make a move on her.

Imagine a scenario between you and your GF where you get into a fight with her.  She gets hurt and and hooks up with one of her so called guy friends;  she is also confused, because of her hurtful emotions.  Some guys are like wolves and can sense when a women is in need of sympathy.  The guy takes advantage of the situation.

The end result is her regret for her actions.  She has to live with that; may never even tell you what happened.  

The point is don't put yourself in a compromising situation.  If your in a serious relationship or marriage, only meet friends of the opposite sex in groups, but never alone.

If the women here don't believe me, come my way.  I'll be your friend next time you have a lovers spat.  I'll put my arms around you and hold you close.

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by ikamefa(f): 11:23pm On May 04, 2009
mntpaul:

If the women here don't believe me, come my way.  I'll be your friend next time you have a lovers spat.  I'll put my arms around you and hold you close.

" grin"  shirawe haa! haa!  cheesy
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by bluespice(f): 11:31pm On May 04, 2009
mntpaul:

I'll be your friend next time you have a lovers spat. I'll put my arms around you and hold you close.
DEAD! grin
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by Secretz(f): 11:38pm On May 04, 2009
well, if I hadn't split up with any of my exs amiccably then we wouldn't be friends, so there isn't much of an issue, but I think no matter what, distance should be kept especially when you're in a new relationship, exes and currents don't really mix! grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by Enquirer: 11:48pm On May 04, 2009
I'd say she hasn't made a definite choice yet who to stick with. Keeping in touch with exs may be a sign of emotional confusion and can backfire as the guy in question may see her as something other than an ex. Better safe than sorry.
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by Winnergal(f): 12:44am On May 05, 2009
According to OmoT 'Burn it in the fire'!!!!
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by Oxone(m): 3:05am On May 05, 2009
@op
why ever not/ am friends with all my exes save for 1 & i make sure my relationship ends amicably. we still hang out sometimes grin grin grin
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by Sissy3(f): 6:01am On May 05, 2009
as long as she doesn't secretly start redeveloping feelings for him undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by kinnkw(m): 12:23am On May 06, 2009
Well i think the past should be the past. I dont thinks its right to bring your pass to the present.
Besides doesnt she care about how her present boy friend feels. And there is no way to know exactly what is going on between her and the ex.
No matter what she tells you considering the fact that you have told her how you feel bad about her being in contact with him.
I think is also shows less regard for the present boy friend if she cant make a sacrifice for the present relationship unless he doesnt complain about it.

In fact i think its a NO DO for a relationships

4 Likes

Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by kinnkw(m): 12:24am On May 06, 2009
Well i think the past should be the past. I dont thinks its right to bring your pass to the present.
Besides doesnt she care about how her present boy friend feels. And there is no way to know exactly what is going on between her and the ex.
No matter what she tells you considering the fact that you have told her how you feel bad about her being in contact with him.
I think is also shows less regard for the present boy friend if she cant make a sacrifice for the present relationship unless he doesnt complain about it.

In fact i think its a NO DO  for a relationship

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by NaJaHaJe(f): 12:26am On May 06, 2009
I still keep in touch with most of my exes but we have an understanding. Nothing is eva going to happen.

You should not keep in touch with an ex if you have any remnants of feelings it could jeopardize moving on with life.

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by Nobody: 12:35am On May 06, 2009
it all depends on how you broke up. if you are still friends and nothing more than that then there is absolutely nothing wrong about it.
the insecure/jealous new bf/gf is the one who has a problem with that and who should deal with his own issues.
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by kinnkw(m): 2:01am On May 06, 2009
if you are still friends and nothing more than that

How does the present bf know that there is nothing else going on.
and what if its not ok with him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:44am On May 06, 2009
Nope. . .Exs are Exs and are meant to stay that way. . .What are you keeping in touch for?  undecided

If you wanna keep in touch with exs then you make them acquaintances and nothing more.
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by CrazyMan(m): 10:07am On May 06, 2009
It makes no sense keeping in touch with your ex; such practice would only ruin your present relationship; once you’re through with someone, forget about him and move on with your life.

I myself I don’t think I would feel very comfortably if I notice that my girlfriend still contacts her ex; so in order to avoid unnecessary quarrels, let your ex know that you’ve found someone who loves and cares for you better than he did.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:40am On May 06, 2009
crazykid:

It makes no sense keeping in touch with your ex; such practice would only ruin your present relationship; once you’re through with someone, forget about him and move on with your life.

I myself I don’t think I would feel very comfortably if I notice that my girlfriend still contacts her ex; so in order to avoid unnecessary quarrels, let your ex know that you’ve found someone who loves and cares for you better than he did.

gbam!
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by Bolarge(m): 10:44am On May 06, 2009
. .Palaver she dey find. . .

-Fela Anikulapo Kuti.
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by izeek(m): 10:49am On May 06, 2009
why will she be keeping them contacts?

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by Kaestro(m): 10:58am On May 06, 2009
If it suits her in a good or bad way.Some fire never go out unless immersed deeply in the ocean. Majority live in denial of this but only out of morality.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by PERFECTLUV(m): 11:01am On May 06, 2009
I AGREE WITH U INTOTO. grin lipsrsealed
MY RELATIONSHIP WAS DESTROYED COS, I WAS STILL KEEPING INTOUCH WITH MY FORMER AND MY PRESENT GIRL THOGHT I WAS STILL SEEING MY FORMER GIRL, SO SHE BOLTED BEFORE I COULD REALISE IT

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 16, 2009
kinnkw:

How does the present bf know that there is nothing else going on.
and what if its not ok with him

if you are in a STABLE relationship then your boyfriend should TRUST you and be SECURE with himself that you wouldnt lie to him about this.
(if you have ever lie or cheated on him then i understand why he doesnt trust you)
if you lay with skanks then dont be scared to be bitten.
if it is NOT ok with the new bf then he should hit the road, NO MAN/WOMAN SHOULD EVER CHANGE THEIR LIFESTYLE FOR ANYBODY!!
do you know why?! because
First thats who they are, whatever you try to change will only come back stronger later when you are deep in the relationship
Second people should accept you for who you are as a whole, not who you are when you will change to accommodate his/her insecure self.
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by ugozzz(m): 4:40pm On May 16, 2009
that girl is a bitch,why would she do that
Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 16, 2009
there is nothing wrong you being in good terms with your exes. but you shouldn't get too close. keep the friendship at an arm's length. we are humans soooooooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Friend Keep In Touch Which Her Ex? by sylve11: 5:42pm On May 16, 2009
to me i don't have anything to do with my exes, they shoiuld get lost in the wind cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strictly For Ladies / The ‘endure It’ Syndrome: Women, Flee From This! / Shameless Nigerian Model Put Her Nipple On Display In See-through Outfit(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.