Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings (16650 Views)

10 Things The Bible Wants U To Know In This Recession Time. / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway / 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by parzdor(m): 10:14am On Oct 25, 2015
ygdxye
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by Clara16(f): 10:28am On Oct 25, 2015
searching4love:
[size=16pt] angry FUCCK THE HOLY SPIRIT. THERE IS NOTHING HOLY IN ANY SPIRIT. ITS JUST A TALE TO FLEECE YOU OFF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY EVERY SUNDAY BY PASTORS. USE YOUR BRAIN AND EMANCIPATE YOURSELVES FROM MENTAL SLAVERY. [/size]
"my people suffer because of lack of knowledge." brother from now on, I will make it a point of duty praying for you..

God Almighty forgive him for he doesn't really know the implication of what he just said. smh

2 Likes

Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 25, 2015
Clara16:

"my people suffer because of lack of knowledge." brother from now on, I will make it a point of duty praying for you..

God Almighty forgive him for he doesn't really know the implication of what he just said. smh

Pray for yaself not me. i am too enlightened for all this bullshiit. fucck holy spirit
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by shamecurls(m): 10:47am On Oct 25, 2015
wink

Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by freshcvvs: 10:56am On Oct 25, 2015
searching4love:
[size=16pt] angry FUCCK THE HOLY SPIRIT. THERE IS NOTHING HOLY IN ANY SPIRIT. ITS JUST A TALE TO FLEECE YOU OFF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY EVERY SUNDAY BY PASTORS. USE YOUR BRAIN AND EMANCIPATE YOURSELVES FROM MENTAL SLAVERY. [/size]

For real?
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by smite(m): 11:02am On Oct 25, 2015
is the holy spirit scared of tougher tasks? Holy Spirit forget about offering today, why don't you visit any general hospital of your choice this Sunday and heal all the patients, infants and kids suffering excruciating pain as a result of heart disease, sickle cell, inflammatory, kidney failures. why don't you visit those children starving with food packages.

during testimony Christians be like: " halleluyah, yesterday while returning from the market, a speeding vehicle almost hit me, but for the holy spirit, who a little blew breeze, the car swerved to the left and killed 5 people...I thank God for my life"
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 25, 2015
freshcvvs:

For real?

yes bro. i dont believe in God
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by udatso: 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
JaypeeAnics:
the holy spirit is a good prove of Christianity... when it's in you, you feel it, its speaks and guilds u....
pls ooo...for d Muslim bro, wat do u have as a prove dat Allah is in u is it d killing spirit or wat(stoning d devil)
must you bring muslims into everything. why can't you just talk about your Faith and leave us alone?

1 Like

Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by XaintJoel20: 1:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
I so much love this Spirit of God. Thanks for the research.. T[img][/img] wink[color=#006600][/color]...
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by ogahenry(m): 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
[ALL I WILL SAY IS, MAY DADDY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU FOR THIS IN JESUS CHRIST'S GLORIFIED NAME.AMEN.
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by Billygee2u: 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
iliyande:
1. The Spirit convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment (John 16:cool.

2. The Spirit guides us into all truth (John 16:13).

3. The Spirit regenerates us (John 3:5-8; Titus 3:5).

4. The Spirit glorifies and testifies of Christ (John 15:26; 16:14).

5. The Spirit reveals Christ to us and in us (John 16:14-15).

6. The Spirit leads us (Rom. 8:14; Gal. 5:18; Matt. 4:1; Luke 4:1).

7. The Spirit sanctifies us (2 Thess. 2:13; 1 Pet. 1:2; Rom. 5:16).

8. The Spirit empowers us (Luke 4:14; 24:49; Rom. 15:19; Acts 1:cool.

9. The Spirit fills us (Eph. 5:18; Acts 2:4; 4:8, 31; 9:17).

10. The Spirit teaches us to pray (Rom. 8:26-27; Jude 1:20).

11. The Spirit bears witness in us that we are children of God (Rom. 8:16).

12. The Spirit produces in us the fruit or evidence of His work and presence (Gal. 5:22-23).

13. The Spirit distributes spiritual gifts and manifestations (the outshining) of His presence to and through the body (1 Cor. 12:4, 8-10; Heb. 2:4).

14. The Spirit anoints us for ministry (Luke 4:18; Acts 10:38).

15. The Spirit washes and renews us (Titus 3:5).

17. The Spirit is our guarantee and deposit of the future resurrection (2 Cor. 1:22; 2 Cor. 5:5).

18. The Spirit seals us unto the day of redemption (Eph. 1:13; 4:30).

19. The Spirit sets us free from the law of sin and death (Rom. 8:2).

20. The Spirit quickens our mortal bodies (Rom. 8:11).

21. The Spirit reveals the deep things of God to us (1 Cor. 2:10).

22. The Spirit reveals what has been given to us from God (1 Cor. 2:12).

23. The Spirit dwells in us (Rom. 8:9; 1 Cor. 3:16; 2 Tim. 1:14; John 14:17).

24. The Spirit speaks to, in, and through us (1 Cor. 12:3; 1 Tim. 4:1; Rev. 2:11; Heb 3:7; Matt. 10:20; Acts 2:4; 8:29; 10:19; 11:12, 28; 13:2; 16:6,7; 21:4,11).

25. The Spirit is the agent by which we are baptized into the body of Christ (1 Cor. 12:13).

26. The Spirit brings liberty (2 Cor. 3:17).

27. The Spirit transforms us into the image of Christ (2 Cor. 3:18).

28. The Spirit cries in our hearts, “Abba, Father” (Gal. 4:6).

29. The Spirit enables us to wait (Gal. 5:5).

30. The Spirit supplies us with Christ (Phil. 1:19, KJV).

31. The Spirit grants everlasting life (Gal. 6:cool.

32. The Spirit gives us access to God the Father (Eph. 2:18).

33. The Spirit makes us (corporately) God’s habitation (Eph. 2:22).

34. The Spirit reveals the mystery of God to us (Eph. 3:5).

35. The Spirit strengthens our spirits (Eph. 3:16).

36. The Spirit enables us to obey the truth (1 Pet. 1:22).

37. The Spirit enables us to know that Jesus abides in us (1 John 3:24; 4:13).

38. The Spirit confesses that Jesus came in the flesh (1 John 4:2).

39. The Spirit says “Come, Lord Jesus” along with the bride (Rev. 22:17).

40. The Spirit dispenses God’s love into our hearts (Rom. 5:5).

41. The Spirit bears witness to the truth in our conscience (Rom. 9:1).

42. The Spirit teaches us (1 Cor. 2:13; John 14:26).

43. The Spirit gives us joy (1 Thess. 1:6).

44. The Spirit enables some to preach the gospel (1 Pet. 1:12).

45. The Spirit moves us (2 Pet. 1:21).

46. The Spirit knows the things of God (1 Cor. 2:11).

47. The Spirit casts out demons (Matt. 12:28).

48. The Spirit brings things to our remembrance (John 14:26).

49. The Spirit comforts us (Acts 9:31).

By Frank Viola
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by Maamin(m): 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2997022_fbimg1445551212135_jpeg5d39d0dcf9cfd879f4674ff7572ed1f5

Dont sweat it bro! Those names are originally in hebrew, a language of the Middle eastern people except for Andrew and Philip.

Simon was Shimon. James was Yakov (that is, Jacob). John was Yochanan. Bartholomew was Bar-Talmai (son of Ptolemy). Matthew was Mattityahu, meaning, “gift from God.” Thomas was Tau’ma, an Aramaic name. Thaddaeus was a variant of Theudas, which was a Grecian version of Judas or Yehuda.  Andrew and Philip are interesting because those are clearly Greek names—Andreas and Filippos; there are no Hebrew equivalents. Thus, we may surmise that Andrew and Philip were either Grecian-Jews or Grecian-Gentiles. In all probability, we may discount the theory that they were Gentiles: Jesus was a Jew who saw his mission as teaching and healing his fellow Jews. “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Matthew 15:24. It would be hard to imagine preaching to Jews while having Gentile Apostles.  - See more at: http://www.jesusandtheprofessor.com/2011/03/hebrew-names-for-jewish-apostles.html#sthash.bqhp9TaS.dpuf
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by 1miccza: 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
searching4love:

You are this knowledgeable and you are searching for an ever elusive man made love right?
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by lordcenred(m): 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
IamTheAlmighty:
grin
U caught me, i swear grin
IamTheAlmighty:
grin
U caught me, i swear
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by Onyiido: 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
Smartresult:

So churches have up to this savings and wealth in millions of dollars while most of the members live in abject poverty, they should preach to themselves before preaching others! Yes charity begins at home.
Why Nigerians are so heartless, ungodly and so insensitive to the plight of the masses, if not why would a church need a mansion or a private jet before it can preach the gospel of god, are they worshipping money or the lord? A question needs to be answered here. Why the money won’t be invested into the lives of fellow Nigerians
Did they forget the proverb that says that an idle man is a devils workshop or “a hungry man is an angry man, if they really want to change people they should start by changing their living condition.
Most causes of sin in our society are poverty, jobles
continue reading
That is not the topic here. Besides no one forces anybody to give oooo
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by Onyiido: 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
searching4love:
Lord forgive him for he know not what he is saying
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by orunto27: 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
The Holy Spirit is The Grace of Jesus Christ,The Holiness, The Mercies, The Purity, The Righteousness and The Sovereignty of God Almighty. We all pray for these always any when we get them, we become God to God.
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by hedgesfun(m): 10:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
how come most people always call holy spirit to consume enemy as I don't see anything of such here abi na me no read am well, where den dry see holy ghost fire consume them they always shout? Na question I ask o...
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by abayolb: 9:09am On Oct 26, 2015
udatso:

must you bring muslims into everything. why can't you just talk about your Faith and leave us alone?
u r an Idiot and pple dat lyk ur comment,respect som1 else religion
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by michaelwilli(m): 10:06am On Oct 26, 2015
What the Holy Spirit doesn't do
Take over you and make you roll on the floor, hit your body against so many things and not leave aboniki for u
Tell u to make ur pastor rich while u trek
Turn worship to a merriment service and forget what u came for

Brb
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by udatso: 1:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
abayolb:
u r an Idiot and pple dat lyk ur comment,respect som1 else religion
what have i done to warrant this insult from you?
Please sir, how have i disrespected your religion?
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by Ultimate001: 7:15am On Nov 18, 2015
Standing5:
It is the Spirit of God
Holy spirit is a personality, therefore, we use 'He' to qualify Him (and not 'it'). Afterall, He is not non-living.
Re: Here Are Things The Holy Spirit Does: Biblical Backings by Standing5(m): 8:19am On Nov 18, 2015
Ultimate001:

Holy spirit is a personality, therefore, we use 'He' to qualify Him (and not 'it'). Afterall, He is not non-living.
True. I missed that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? / How Prophet ‘daniel’ Abodunrin Was Killed And Eaten By Lions At University Of Ib / Jesus Is A Prophet Of God And Not A God : Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.