Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,228 members, 7,780,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:14 PM

Rivers State "Belongs" To The Centre, Not PDP. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State "Belongs" To The Centre, Not PDP. (2762 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: 419 Okorocha Belongs To IBB Gay Cult; Killed White Man, Dad Hausa / Amaechi Is Our Member, The Senate Belongs To APC Not PDP – Ndume / Tinubu, Not PDP Group Is Behind Calls For Buhari’s Resignation – Northern Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State "Belongs" To The Centre, Not PDP. by thunderrider: 9:25am On Oct 25, 2015
Hmm

APC's kind of change is unprecedented

CHANGE INDEED

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State "Belongs" To The Centre, Not PDP. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:29am On Oct 25, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
No sooner did the APC candidate, Dakuku Peterside, in the last Governorship Election of Rivers State challenged the (s)election of Nyesom Wike of the PDP, than some people started saying "Rivers State is a PDP state."

The bitter truth is that no party can lay claim on Rivers State except the one at the centre. History has shown that right from 1979 when presidential system has been introduced, a party different from the one at the centre has not governed the state.

(1) Between 1979 and 1983 when Shehu Shagari of the NPN was the President, Melford Okilo of the same NPN was the Governor.

(2) Between 1999 and 2007 when Olusegun Obasanjo of the PDP was the President, Peter Odili of the same PDP was the Governor.

(3) In 2007, for the brief period Celestine Omehia of the PDP was Governor, Obasanjo of the PDP was the President.

(4) Between 2007 and 2015, while Umaru Yar'Adua and Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP were presidents at different times, Rotimi Amaechi contested and won elections as Governor on the platform of PDP.

Come when the election in Rivers State will hold, Dakuku Peterside of the APC is going to defeat any candidate of the PDP.

Cc Lalasticlala, TonyeBarcanista, Omenka, PassingShot, Miss NgeneUkwenu, Beremx, Obiagelli, Dinachi, Firefire.
I hope you yorubas and your fulani masters have all obtained rivers voters card and will also be importing almajiri to go and vote APC in Rivers State because that's only way APC can win Rivers. APC will be resisted in Rivers
Re: Rivers State "Belongs" To The Centre, Not PDP. by Joeace3000(m): 9:30am On Oct 25, 2015
This is one section of NL where many youths are lost, fighting over people who are basically living large and filling up to their numerous bank accounts daily. It's time some of you here, who know within you that you are broke wake up and secure your future.

If you are a student, young school leaver searching for jobs, or you are tired of switching jobs or have no skill at all and want to develop skills that can fetch you money today, then visit my my Nairaland fiverr free training thread where you can come in to learn how to join fiverr and offer 5 Hot, In-demand Services as well as developing the skills needed not only to make money monthly working online on fiverr but offline as a workplace skill you can start a business with or use to boost your resume and job chances. Ain't that cool?

The thread is a well explained step by step guide along with images to help you grasp what you need to do. to help you get started today

There are very easy ways of making it through the internet, you just have to find the safest and surest way, and this one beckons. follow me now...

The Nairaland Fiverr Free Training Thread
Re: Rivers State "Belongs" To The Centre, Not PDP. by omenka(m): 11:32am On Oct 25, 2015
dearpreye:
In the best interest of our democracy, Rivers state must be in the opposition. Say NO to one - party state.

This isn't about Wike, but our democracy.
Stop being overly emotional about this, doing what career alarmists do. I don't see how losing Rivers State to the APC translates into turning Nigeria into "one party state".

Whatever it is, the people of Rivers state would make their voices heard again, only this time, state security apparatus won't be used to coerce voters and election participants into taking decisions under duress.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State "Belongs" To The Centre, Not PDP. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
Firefire:

My sister,

Open your eyes and see you were being deceived.

APC is a fraud, the biggest scam in Africa.

Oju to ma ba ni kale, kin fi aro sepin.

Mountains of promises before election all disappeared within 30 days of taken power ?

5k for unemployed youths, free feeding to the pupils, 100 Days promises, defeating Boko terrorist within 2 months, public and full assets declaration, all fully evaporized.

The CHANGE APC Promised has been fully achieved, don't expect any more change.

CHANGE and give the power back to the North. Finito!
How many times are you going to be told that the economic plans cannot come into mainstream with the present budget of Jonathan? Wait and see the budget of Buhari next year.
Re: Rivers State "Belongs" To The Centre, Not PDP. by Babacele: 1:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
omenka:
Ss".
A
Whatever it is, the people of Rivers state would make their voices heard again, only this time, state security apparatus won't be used to coerce voters and election participants into taking decisions under duress.
tell them ,self deluders. Wike is gone.
Re: Rivers State "Belongs" To The Centre, Not PDP. by Yanks101: 2:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
Babacele:
tell them ,self deluders. Wike is gone.
Wike is going to win. Anybody that knows rivers politics knows he didn't really need any tricks to win before.
Anyway, by the time wike wins, i hope amaechi and his hordes will never be heard in rivers politics for a very long time.
Re: Rivers State "Belongs" To The Centre, Not PDP. by Babacele: 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
Yanks101:
Wike is going to win. Anybody that knows rivers politics knows he didn't really need any tricks to win before.
Anyway, by the time wike wins, i hope amaechi and his hordes will never be heard in rivers politics for a very long time.
if he is DT popular, y did he rig?
Re: Rivers State "Belongs" To The Centre, Not PDP. by olatunjithomas(m): 9:11am On Aug 03, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Does democracy portend that a party that has the chance(s) of winning an election should watch it slip off its hands because it doesn't want a one-party system? Why didn't PDP lose Rivers State to Sergent Awuse (APP) or Eric Aso (AD) in 1999?

A very good morning to boss, I'm sorry to have disturbed you,but you have to help me now.

The Mr nairaland contest is on,as a matter of fact,today is going to be the semi finals and I need you to help me vote Falconey. I am writing you because I am trusting You.

the link to the voting thread is

https://www.nairaland.com/3265483/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-semi-final

voting starts 10am- 6pm

the voting format is "" I vote falconey Cc; NLjega"

Thanks so much Boss.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: Igbos Have The Right To Agitate For Biafran Nation – Orji Uzor Kalu / One Small EFCC Lawyer Defeated 34 Sans Says EFCC BOSS / N/delta Militants To Attack S/kaduna Disguised As Fulani, Says El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.