Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,478 members, 7,781,395 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:45 PM

Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday (21422 Views)

Buhari Leaves For New York For 71st UN General Assembly (pics) / Buhari Leaves For S-africa Today To Discuss With China’s President / Buhari Leaves Abuja For Iran On Sunday-punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by onatisi(m): 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
ril19:

Abi ....
The Whole World Needs To Know That He's The President Of Nigeria Naa.
to be honest this trip is very important because since the USA stopped buying our oil and since china reduced the amount of oil being bought from Nigeria ,India has been our number 1 oil buyer and I think and pray that Baba wakawaka will have tangible discussions with his Indian counterparts but the point is Baba wakawaka has travelled too much during this few months and Nigerians no longer see anything reasonable in his travels
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by subtle009(m): 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
Waka waka, we still sitdon dey expect the changes, I hope we won't sha need a microscope to see the promised changes.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
I think this man will only do well in the tourism sector

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by Okies27(m): 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
Emekamex:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/buhari-to-attend-3rd-summit-of-india-africa-forum-in-new-delhi/
. Buhari like to travel o. I guess he's been missing so bad that he had to scam pple like me.lol
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by HRich(m): 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
He's going for treatment.
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by Flips: 4:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
j1mmy:
India/Africa?
Is India not a single country for it to lob all of Africa into one unit?
India is the most poverty stricken country on the planet according to the UN, even more poverty stricken than sub saharan Africa.
I wonder too..I was why PMB will be gping for such meetings. He should have sent his vice or a minister. The meeting belittles his status as the leader of the largest black community. What did they call it again? India/Africa relationships or what?
His long throat for travelling is getting out of hand.
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by olawooro: 4:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
RUBBISH! I can't blame India, I blame African leaders who have belittle the continent with their wayward characters. Why won't India gather all African nations as if they are one country, all in the name of helping her boosting her economy. Anyway, we have had China- Africa forum, Japanese- Africa forum, why not India? Very soon we will have malaysia-Africa forum or better still Lebanese African forum. Are they not the ones that engage in the manufacturing sector of nigeria economy who use nigerian youths as labourers.
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by heavenmade(m): 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
shaddoww:
He is going with Okowa, a PDP governor, nao dats how a president should behave, little wonder d PDP governors are testifying to his goodwill
I wonder why he is not taking wike along
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by richard870(m): 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
What's this poo Posting a President Itinerary online
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by babafirst(m): 4:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
damton:
Baba representing Nigeria well since 1983.
Baba has been representing Naija well since 1802.And we will give him our mandate again in 2019.
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by john650(m): 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
j1mmy:
India/Africa?
Is India not a single country for it to lob all of Africa into one unit?
India is the most poverty stricken country on the planet according to the UN, even more poverty stricken than sub saharan Africa.
I honestly don't see a need for this trip. This conference was supposed to be held in 2014 but the Indian government cancelled it at the height of the Ebola crisis. They were afraid African Heads of States would bring Ebola to their country. Meanwhile, The US- African summit did hold in the same period and the President of the United States, Barak Obama welcomed African Heads of States and their representatives to Washington with open arms. So how sincere are the Indians.

Furthermore, there is nothing bilateral about the conference between India and Nigeria vis-à-vis Africa. The trade between India and Africa up to now has only gone one way, for the development of India at the expense of Africa. The only product we sell to India is oil. You tell me which industry in Nigeria that doesn't have Indian companies in it. They have virtually taken over our economy all in the name of bilateral trade.

A Nigerian company cannot open a multi-brand retail chain like Shoprite or Spars in India even if you wanted because foreigners are bared from operating multi-brand retail outlets. The Indians say they have to protect their small retailers from foreign invasion. So what do we know they don't.

Meanwhile, in Nigeria, they are free to operate retail chains. Spars in Nigeria is franchised to Artee Group of India. They just even opened an outlet at the kocal wing of the Murtala Airport. How insulting is that. And go to Ikoyi and elsewhere around the country, you see them running supermarkets and other businneses unfettered.

I am not against bilateral trade or foreign direct investment by one country in another. However, we need to structure this investments so there is a huge benefit to our country and people. Our people must come first. If Indians are going be allowed to operate here, let it be in industries where we lack the technical knowledge and they are bringing a skillset we lack. There needs to be a profound difference in our lives by us allowing them to come here. It could be in infrastructural development, roads, bridges, building hospitals, etc. We do not needs traders who come here to import Indian rice or cornflakes from America and elsewhere into Nigeria and sell to us. Our people can do that.

There is something wrong with the way we Africans allow other countries outside of the continent to come here and take advantage of us economically all in the name of bilateral trade or foreign direct investment. We can barely keep our currency from collapsing due to the huge imports coming in from other countries. We need to be able to export our own goods to these countries for it to be a mutually beneficial bilateral trade.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by kilar5(m): 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
Buhari dey use his presidential position to travel to countries he has never been to before After all,ba government money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by kels4fun(m): 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
[quote author=obum88 post=39345554]

Amen! Amen and Amen

But you and your family shall never smell there[/AMEN]
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by AnneMomoh: 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
Freemanan:
Stop being silly.... We both know what it means...
Stop being Stupid__ and stop insinuating
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by Evaromantik(m): 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
The oldman's wanderlust is inexhaustible.........this presidency has really done the braindead,senile-dementia victim a huge favour

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by ajebuter(f): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
The old dude is travelling again:

Watch out for him and his famous black kaftan

Sewn by mallam Bature the Mai Suya.

Ajala travel all over the world.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by klax(m): 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
Left for India to fight boko haram isn't

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by ajebuter(f): 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
klax:
Left for India to fight boko haram isn't

No, dem baba went to "pight kwarofion'
grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by francizy(m): 5:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
IYANGBALI:
Baba biko nu try bring small india jazz come for us to use in dealing with all these wailing wailers like rokiatu,freeglobe,veickyrotex,TonyeBarcanista, Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxel erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu Phockphockman, nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria,chukwudi44 and all other wailers

Shey you don smoke free weed this hot afternoon bah?
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by obynaDmob(m): 5:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
gurunlocker:

Normally I don't quote stupid mentions, but can't just ignore your stupidity, its astonishing.

answer what I ask or stfu forever

Now i believe the saying that a fool is someone who does not know that he does not know... undecided GTFOH!!!
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by shaddoww: 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
musKeeto:

Pdp minions won't see this. The likes of TB Anista, MoimoiAgidi, SeveredAnus and the rest will keep mute, hoping for news of a bomb blast so they can perform their wailing rituals.
by d time Buhari fully resumes governance which I believe will b next year, d PDP will not have any mouth to talk again
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by kpolli(m): 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
I thought one of GEJ's greatest faults was traveling too much..... People no dey complain anymore
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by onatisi(m): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
shaddoww:
by d time Buhari fully resumes governance which I believe will b next year, d PDP will not have any mouth to talk again
so what has been doing for the past 7months? playing and toying with the lives of Nigerians? No problem .January is just around the corner your eyes go clear
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by Khez: 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hahahhahahha i swear o
The nigga own tire me, seems his even enjoying the attention...... Smh grin
ril19:

Abi ....
The Whole World Needs To Know That He's The President Of Nigeria Naa.

Or Maybe We Should Change His Name From "Baba Go Slow" To "Baba Go Show"
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
AnneMomoh:

Stop being Stupid__ and stop insinuating
Because you look pretty, I will let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by wtfCode: 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
our touring president. Always trying to tour the whole world
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
Disneylady:

How do you mean? Saying amen while you are being cursed?
Going to heaven ain't a curse" are u a jihadis"?
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by symbianDON(m): 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
musKeeto:

The likes of TB Anista, MoimoiAgidi, SeveredAnus and the rest will keep mute, hoping for news of a bomb blast so they can perform their wailing rituals.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin take ya time o!!! my soup don throwey because of you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by tijanouzwasii: 7:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
For the renewal of the pledge pertaining the witchcraft/Broom party.

Na wa for you ooo,the broom party that has gone dead over decades? Since the year Ebele 1813 wink
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by genuinechimere(m): 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
obum88:
Soon he go leave for heaven
lol
Re: Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday by genuinechimere(m): 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
India and Nigeria have one thing in common. High unemployment rate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTO: Buhari And Saraki At Jumat Service / Defection: Federal Lawmaker, Ogbe, 2000 Others Dump APC For PDP / Inconclusive Primary : Gunmen Disrupt Kogi PDP Gov Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.