Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake (65805 Views)

Lady Shares Before & After Photos With Her Dad After He Graduated With Masters / Beautiful Lady Who Graduated With Third Class Shares Her Touching Story (Photos) / Medical Students To Spend 11 Years In Varsity − NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by centusportaiwo(m): 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
You can not just go to the school like that. Just take a step to the court of law where it will be ordered for future purpose. Pls my dear do so before you are betrayed and cheated
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by ademusiwa5: 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
ademusiwa5:
[size=28pt]. Now I am going to continue from unizik writeup.

Now to fix the problem in universities. You are going to take 4000 students each from ABU, bayero,unimad,unizik.. Etc. Own by gover ment.

going to place them into the 60 private university at the cost of 2 billion for every 4000 student. 100,000 students

Many of this students who go to abu , bayero will prefer to go to private universities like covenant,afe babalola etc...

You want to use government money to send them. You transfer 100,000 students those with good grade to private universities.

What it means is that you have drop down the cost of private universities

Y
It mean you have invested 80 billion in private universities indirectly, which reduce the fee private universities cost to half the price.

If you fail to do this. You will be creating a large gap between the rich and the poor. And you already seen Boko haram.
So you want to mix the children of the rich and the poor, this way.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=8pt][/size]
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Lionofdjungle: 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
The best thing to do is to seek the service and advice of a good lawyer. If possible, a SAN who is also a human right activist. After all, the school equally has the right to withdrawal the certificate if they discover that you didn't meet up some requirements you ought to have met as at the time it was issued.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by ademusiwa5: 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
[size=38pt]You look at the hostel in government and private universities [/size]

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by francisbiz: 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:
We need help. My friend graduated 11yeras ago with 2:2 (CGPA : 3.47). He ordered for his transcript few months ago for his MBA programm and discovered that the school made a mistake. When we recalculate the scores we discovered that the correct CGPA is 3.52 which is second class upper.

Good people of nairaland, kindly advise us on what to do.

Is there anybody that experience this in the past?

Can we still correct this ?

If yes, kindly give us the best step to take please.
YOU ARE AN INCURABLE FOOL
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Holysholay: 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
Crosscheck very well to be sure you know how to calculate CGPA. its straight forward wen u do not have carry-overs, if u do hav, then you must take d carry-overs into considerations wen u doing ur calculations.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by emeritus00(m): 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
It happened to two of my mates in the university. One is 2.2 instead of 2.1 and other one is third class instead of 2.2. It was actually discovered by the department but barely two year later when they were trying to harmonise CGPA database for department. They called inform them and that it would pass through the senate before it could be rectified on paper.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by ntutu(m): 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
One thing I wish to clear here is that any Institution is awarding degree both in learning and in Character. If you are brilliant and as well unrespectful both to your lecturers or higher authority, there is every tendency that your award of degree might be influence by the former character. Check yourself when you were in school and if you are respectful and brilliant go for the correction and if not forget it and move forward in life. Your degree does not determine your statue in this world rather the grace and mercy of God. Wish you good luck and God grace.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by FAVOUR13: 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:
We need help. My friend graduated 11yeras ago with 2:2 (CGPA : 3.47). He ordered for his transcript few months ago for his MBA programm and discovered that the school made a mistake. When we recalculate the scores we discovered that the correct CGPA is 3.52 which is second class upper.

Sorry, it is possible the they could not find some results and decided to manipulate figures without checking it properly
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by frenchboy(m): 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
So it happens....a frend once tell dat someone suppose to graduate with 2;2,but when she saw her result it was 2;1....
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Yinkatolu: 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
Post ur grades here let's help u do a recalculation before u proceed.

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Certifiedboss: 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:

Yes it can be corrected but the school is going to delay the process if you don't have someone of high authority to fasten the process . but yes it can be corrected
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by alphonsok: 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
The same thing happened to me but i was able to detect on time and it was corrected. it was a programming error that time and it also affected other results as well but i was final year student so it makes it very difficult.i will advise to go to his / her department and sort the problem.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Samtob90(m): 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:

Get a competent lawyer, you will not only get it corrected but get damages paid for the loss the school error has caused you but ensure that you are not making mistake in you calculation.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Profeme: 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
I agree with those that said you should be sure of your CGPA before you go to your former school. I want to ask: Did you see your transcript and was the change reflect in your transcript or not? I know of somebody who was issued with 2.1 statement of result when she graduated but her statement of result was changed to 2.2 when she applied for her transcript because her CGPA was recalculated and it was found that she actually made 2.2. So it's possible for it to be changed if there are errors.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by kolaaderin: 7:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
abbey621:
Your friend is at best an ignorant fellow and at worst delusional! You fed us with bits of info. and expect us to offer sound advice, impossible! Post the transcript with all the scores and we will recalculate it for you, only then can we continue otherwise you are on your own!

I'm trying to believe this story, we have all been through tertiary institutions one way or the other and I believe if u are this close to 2.1 u will do all wheird thing possible to land it on the line of 3.5 and then u most have calculated a100 times just to be sure there is no error.

What I see to this is that probably ur friend is not 2.1 product he was just lucky to be that close, if not he should have sat down with his HOD then to proof read the result over and over again then the error must have been detected.

Well not to discourage u this is Nigeria and nothing is impossible, follow it up with the school.

But I have to say this, that collateral damages over 11 year is a tragedy and quantifying this might run into billions of Naira. who ever did this to ur friend either spiritual or typographical has definitely dented him for life. There is God ooooo

2 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Sharp9: 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
If our president could get his after so many yrs, yours is moi moi. Go for it joor.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by realaz: 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
He should just go and see the present VC of the university. Administration for now could not handle his case. Probably God might be on his side an
d turn things in his favour.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:

My man dis is ur opportunity sue the school after uve gotten enough prove so that they cant go back on there words.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by themountain(m): 9:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
My friend actually graduated with a 2.2. He knows he graduated with a 2.2. Yet he was awarded a certificate of 2.1. Should he return the certificate or just take it that he has a 2.1. and use it in searching for work. Are there any implications?
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by chiwuike20: 9:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:

This is a very serious matter; it actually took someone 11 years to correctly calculate his CGPA?

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by MacluvPH(m): 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
quote author=espn post=39347235]Fight for ur right..d poster above me is trying to say if a criminal evade justice 11yrs ago he cannot be tried again..nonsense..[/quote]

What if in the process of fighting for his right as you said the schOol now released another transcript which shows he graduated with 2.36? Hope he will still fight for his right.

In my own candid advise he should let the sleeping dog lie and forge ahead cos he has a brighter future.

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by kunmi5: 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
This is a potential law case if true. I am shocked no on is looking in that light.
This must have caused the individual some potential jobs!!!!!
Seek the advise of a lawyer before approaching the school. You'll be guided, Infact it will speed up the correction of the anomally.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by kisstbynature(m): 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
Get a Lawyer if he wants to be taken seriously, the Lawyer will serve the HOD,Dean and the school could compensate, omo nor dull yourself again.

Fight for what is yours, who knows what you have been deprived of because of 2.2
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by harry509: 10:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:

dis is vry easy. If ur sch has a gud record system, d problm can b resolve. So... Far u gve dem gud information on it, I tink they wil hlp u out. Dats y I love d white man system they can keep ur record's since d day u kame 2 dis planet earth.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by abibshine: 10:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:

Godsate:

Godsate:

Yo, dawg hope u didn't calculate it as 4.0+3.0+4.0+3.0 all divided by 4, cos it's not how they calculate it. No offence tho
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by adekaz777: 10:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
Sue the university! Your prayer shall be ; re-issuance of a new university certificate reflecting ur correct grade and claim a monetary damages as compensation. OR write an official letter to the vice-chancellor and copy senate & governing council of the university. If u can afford paying for newspapers advert, place the letter on few national daily newspapers. JOKE OF THE MATTER;That's why we always tell u to stop attending mushroom universities but you guys turned a deaf hears
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by some1(m): 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
The person wey Sidon on top him matter just die.... grin
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Idrismusty97(m): 11:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
I am surprise no one is even blaming the guy. What's so difficult in conducting your own calculations of YOUR own CGPA? Most schools even advise you do so yourself, this should have been a problem you rectify the very year you graduate.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Sunny4Gold: 11:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
I don't believe your story. School can make mistakes, no doubt about that. As a student you suppose to cumulate your GPA every semester. If your friend was on a good standing before the final exam, he will discovered the error and notify the school authority. How on earth will your CGPA fall from 3.4 to as low as 2.2 and you don't know. Man, your story is not true.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Qualms: 11:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
Similar happened to me in Unilag. I had graduated with a 2:1 and my "To Whom it May Concern" also clearly reads Second Class Upper. I requested for my transcript to be sent to a school in Germany and knowing fully my rights as a student in these countries, I mailed the school to send me the transcript they had received. Lo and behold, Unilag sent a transcript where my grade was quoted as 2:2. I requested that the German school to hold on with the processing of my admission while I engaged Unilag. In the end, Unilag acknowledged their mistake and sent an updated copy. Though it was a 2:1 this time, my grades had mysteriously dropped along the line, making it a weaker 2:1 than I originally finished with.

I will advise that you take the school up on it and demand a sizeable compensation. 11 years is no joke mehn!
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by chilan: 12:43am On Oct 26, 2015
Godsate:

You can get it corrected using the court system. If you are minded to do so, call 08035533560.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) / Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) / Lagos Explosion: Bethlehem Girls College In Ruins, Students Being Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.