Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg (39457 Views)

Fashola Inspects Wharf Road, Apapa, Other Selected Roads In Lagos / 99% Of Schools And Roads In Ogun Are Bad, worst state / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
In 2014, the Nigeria government made a dubious claim that Nigeria economy has overtaken that of South Africa.

Like I said then, I am of the opinion that the reason Nigeria government keep getting away with obvious lies is because most Nigerians are not well travelled.

For clerity I have been to major cities in EUROPE but it never bothered me this much that Nigeria is so backward because I believe they have a head start.

Well, I am currently in south Africa and in Johannesburg. This country is 100times ahead of Nigeria in all indices of development.

A comparism of where normal citizens live with the best places the richest Nigerians live in Lagos for instance shows a South African earning a stipend living in Joburg has a better life quality than his Nigerian counterpart with millions.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
This is what a BRT bus stop look like in Joburg, these bus stop are AC tight.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by 4everisaac(m): 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
WHERE'S THE PIC? undecided
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by 4everisaac(m): 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by nikkiking(m): 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
My Area still better pass this half pishure undecided

4 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
Notice the yellow lanes for BRT buses only. Also take note of the wideness and cleanness of the roads

I have been to 4 provinces in Joburg and the quality of roads is the same.

Now, I am yet to see a pothole on any road in the city and this is not an exaggeration but a fact

5 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by oduastates: 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
Largest economy my butt.
Nothing but Iweala statistical 419 for Jonathan's reelection.
Even after massaging and inflating the figures from agriculture, it is easy for the discerning to figure out that the South African economy is not only larger, but deeper.
It shows not only from the size of their budget but even from their agricultural output. Products which are exported all over the world.
What about banking, telecommunications, IT,statistics, tourism, mining, show business, construction etc. South Africa totally owns Nigeria.
Lastly, when I say that Abuja is rubbish for the money spent and wasted on it, your picture proves it all over again.
South Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia etc were building power plants, steel plant,aqueduct,pharmaceutical, IT,industrial and technology Hubs while our useless leaders were wasting money on building a chappy and soulless capital.
Guess what? they are still wasting money on that rubbish.
The worst thing is that Nigerians cannot even build their own damn roads. They give the contracts to foreigners to build them substandard infrastructure.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
Same model same standard all over the city

1 Like

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Flyoruboy(m): 6:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
oduastates:
Largest economy mu butt

That Largest economy BS was a straightup LIE. Only an ignoramus would fall for that GEJ/Iweala mischief. They merely cooked-up some figures and abracadabra, we became number 1. Yeah, right!

5 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Flyoruboy(m): 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
Same model same standard all over the city

S.A is Africa's closest shot at first-World status.

5 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
And more, with street lights at every city junction, not just the major roads but normal streets in residential areas have street lights functioning.

2 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by NewNigeriaMind: 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
Watch this thread for more pics mainly from their main business district similar to our Victoria Island and you will pity Nigeria.

More pics will come tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
ok o
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by oduastates: 6:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
Watch this thread for more pics mainly from their main business district similar to our Victoria Island and you will pity Nigeria.

Victoria island and ikoyi were destroyed in the 70's.Look closely and what you spot the keys, ipanja and the mushin in the island. Same open gutters, lack of walkways, bus stops, same containers and Pako shacks ,

3 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Foxflames: 6:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
yupe Nigeris is nothing more than a glorified village. quality of life is important. you may be rich but you cant enjoy your money in Nigeria because the living condions are terrible. I keep on wondering how leaders can go outside Nigeria, see how good things are then come back to Nigeria and be comfortable with the mess. wonder if we have the same brian as other developed counties.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by ucheokpara100(m): 6:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
wey EKOOOO own na?

2 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by tdayof(m): 8:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
In 2014, the Nigeria government made a dubious claim that Nigeria economy has overtaken that of South Africa.

Like I said then, I am of the opinion that the reason Nigeria government keep getting away with obvious lies is because most Nigerians are not well travelled.

For clerity I have been to major cities in EUROPE but it never bothered me this much that Nigeria is so backward because I believe they have a head start.

Well, I am currently in south Africa and in Johannesburg. This country is 100times ahead of Nigeria in all indices of development.

A comparism of where normal citizens live with the best places the richest Nigerians live in Lagos for instance shows a South African earning a stipend living in Joburg has a better life quality than his Nigerian counterpart with millions.

use the internet well. Not just coming to spoil the country's name.

2 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Symphony007: 8:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
Flyoruboy:

That Largest economy BS was a straightup LIE. Only an ignoramus would fall for that GEJ/Iweala mischief. They merely cooked-up some figures and abracadabra, we became number 1. Yeah, right!
shut your stinking lying mouth. That is a fact attested by the IMF, world bank and other agencies, did GEJ and iweala infiltrate those too?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by BOWOTO(m): 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
Nigeria cannot be compared to South africa in development, I live in Capetown and I sometime forget I am in Africa, everything is so organized and in order, I feel really bad for my country , it'll take a lot to meet up.

8 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by wheredemdey: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
Its a no brainer

The black man is cursed....when God said He created man in His image...He was referring to the white man......before some mis-informed dolts come and remind their father that SA is an African country....yeah but all the good things were done by the whites...

Its only someone that has not travelled out if this hellhole Nigeria nay Africa that will counter me......black people all over the world are unruly..corrupt...lazy and bereft of any good developmental strides......check out blacks in Cuba...brazil...america...Africa...mexico...the black man is the same....lazy dolts that abandoned their religion..culture...sold their children into slavery...

While you blame Gej...also blame tinubu..fashola and the big head ambode for allowing Lagos to rot considering the IGR and all the monies that come to Lagos on a yearly basis...the city is in shambles....iru and eti-osa lga that generate the bulk of the IGR I left to rot....

Speak no more...the Blackman is a problem to everybody inclusion himself

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Ballmer: 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
I have repeatedly stated this as well most especially when I see Nigerians talk down on South Africa.

If South Africa should stop developing today Nigeria with the rate n governors we have will not catch up in a thousand year.

OP you claim you have been to Europe please name a country that is more beautiful than the places you visited in South Africa.

I bet to say there is none. South Africa is country where tarred roads are built to doors of each houses unlike Nigeria that is struggling to build n maintain highways.

I told someone dem no de park shit for SA, the drainage don't smell, you can't even see any. Sewage system is already in place.

OP if you are in doubt of any country in Europe being more beautiful visit Cape Town, water front especially to dispel such believes.

I have never been to the USA but no country in Europe is beta developed than SA. They have functional speed training running from Pretoria to Jo'burg, they have the normal rail.

The airport not so pretty but none can not be compared to those in Nigeria in terms of efficiency. Nigerians make una listen n listen good South Africa n Nigeria no be mate n would never be not in this life except the White do us the favour they did to them.

50 billion Fashola and Akpabios join together can not turn Nigeria to South Africa if they are given a million year. We are talking about your best ever performing governors from APC n PDP.

If any Nigeria care to now every / any where in Capetown is as neat as any Nigeria sitting or living room and am talking about outdoors roads. You'd drive through out the length n breath of South Africa without a single pothole that is as big as the size of an iPad. I never saw one n believe that is the worse you can ever come across.

I have driven with friends from Pretoria to Durban no single pothole about 4 hrs drive, frim Brakenville to Cape Town not a single pothole, from Jo'burg to Pretoria etc

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Ballmer: 9:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
In fact Nigerians should give up on Nigeria. I have anyway.

3 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Ballmer: 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
BOWOTO:
Nigeria cannot be compared to South africa in development, I live in Capetown and I sometime forget I am in Africa, everything is so organized and in order, I feel really bad for my country , it'll take a lot to meet up.

Bro it will not take a lot for Nigeria to meet up with South Africa, if Jesus should come down to support you I doubt if Nigeria can ever meet up. That is the only basis or option for us to meet up.
Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Sweetguy25: 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
This OP na learner.

Have you looked at the WEF Global Competitiveness Report for 2015? In case you haven't, let me give you a brief.

Even in our own little West Africa, Ivory Coast, Gambia, Senegal, Ghana, Mali and Cape Verde have better infrastructures than Nigeria. Nigeria ranks the worst (140/140) in Africa on some factors and indices like healthcare and education.

9 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Pangea: 9:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
grin grin grin
Until nigeria ditch foreign construction companies and start developing local technologies to meet nigerian problems, we are still joking!
Using local materials, Nigeria should embark on massive construction of roads and other physical infrastructures and stop inflating road construction contracts.
Then we will start!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

e be like say you just travel out for the first time in your life eh? look, nigeria may not match SA in terms of infractructure but it's the best country in the world and i'm coming back home next year.. i'm in SA btw.. don't let pavement fool you, naija sef no bad abeg [without oyinbo o]!

22 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
There will still be people that will come on here to insult the OP.

5 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Sweetguy25: 9:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ballmer:

OP if you are in doubt of any country in Europe being more beautiful visit Cape Town, water front especially to dispel such believes.

I have never been to the USA but no country in Europe is beta developed than SA. They have function speed training running from Pretoria to Jo'burg, they have the normal rail.

Get off your high horse man.

2 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by SkyBlue1: 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
I don't doubt that Nigeria has a bigger economy than South Africa, and the economy is highly hindered from growing even faster due to poor infrastructure. Economy isn't just about infrastructure (even though this helps immensely), but population also plays a role. Nigeria has the population (market) and the natural and human resources going for it. Is there room for improvement, yes. And just for clarification, Nigeria didn't just overtake SA economy a couple of years ago, it was bigger before then but not fully evaluated, do you know how big the country's informal economy is?

7 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Rossikk(m): 9:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

You are a complete moro.n and economic illiterate. For your information, you dunce, the Nigerian economy is Africa's largest BY FAR, and it has ABSOLUTELY ZILCH to do with the standard of infrastructure in South Africa. If we are to measure the size of economies by infrastructure, then UAE or Kuwait would easily be the world's largest economies. But India and Pakistan are larger economies than UAE or Kuwait by any measurement, even though you will see levels of deprivation in the former that can never be seen in the latter. USE YOUR dull BRAIN FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE. NITWIT who found himself in South Africa and can't control himself. ''Largest economy'' does not mean ''most advanced'' or ''most developed'', or ''best infrastructure''. It means LARGEST ECONOMY, QED. IGNORANT DULLARDS DROWNING IN INFERIORITY COMPLEX.

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by OreMI22: 9:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
This is what a BRT bus stop look like in Joburg, these bus stop are AC tight.

[size=15pt]I had always known the biggest lie in Nigeria is that our economy is bigger than South Africa.

Perhaps South Africa decided not to expose our lie with data because they didn't want their business interests in nigeria to suffer. But that lie is so evident nonetheless.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: See Pics Of South Africa's BRT Bus Stops And Roads In Joburg by Rossikk(m): 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
OreMI22:

[size=15pt]I had always known the biggest lie in Nigeria is that our economy is bigger than South Africa.

Perhaps they decided not to expose our lie because they didn't want their business interests in nigeria to suffer. But that lie is so evident nonetheless.[/size]

ANOTHER DUNCE. SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH AND GO LEARN THE MEANING OF AN 'ECONOMY'.

12 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Dumped By Buhari Ministers, Appointees, South-South Leaders -Vanguard / Why I Visited Orji Kalu – Tinubu / Tinubu Takes The Lead, Submits APC Nomination Form With More Than 570 Delegates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.