Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) (57257 Views)

Gary Lineker: Player Who Never Received A Yellow Or A Red Card In His Career / Eight Retired Footballers Who Never Received A Single Red Card In Their Career / Brazilian Referee Pulls Gun On Players During Red Card Dispute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by Olubodef(m): 10:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
When Football is known as a game of passion and desire, there are some players who overdo it and gets penalized for shoving the opposition players. When there are players like Pepe and Joey Barton who loses their cool every now and then, some SAINT Players exists as well who always play within the rules and make history. Sadly for some, Lionel Messi is not in the list as the Argentine Footballer has received 1 Red Card during his playing time. So here are our top 10 Players who never received a red card in their entire footballing career.
1.Gary Lineker
One of the all-time great English Footballers, this legendary Striker has this unique record of not been booked for once during his entire career. Let alone Red Cards, the current Match of the Day Broadcaster for BBC didn’t even received a single yellow card in his 15 year long career. So he is a perfect role model for Young Players who aspire to play this beautiful game while staying within the rules.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by nairalandmaster(f): 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
op is that the best you can think About?
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by Olubodef(m): 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
2Xavi
Currently playing for a Qatari side, Xavi is one of the best midfielders of our generation. Apart from his ability to score goals and create unbelievable passes to his team mates, Xavi is yet to receive a single Red Card in his illustrious career. Even though he does play in the Midfield where rash tackles becomes necessity sometimes, but even that doesn’t force Xavi to get in trouble with the referee.

3.Damien Duff
Talking about Midfielders, Damien Duff is a veteran in this particular field. Even though he spent most of his career playing for physical teams like Blackburn and Fulham, but Duff was never ejected from the field. When his work rate was exceptional, his discipline was even better. So after spending 18 long years in top flight without a single Red Card, Duff lies on number 3 of our list.
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by Olubodef(m): 10:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
4.Ryan Giggs
Participated in every Premier League campaign from 1990 to 2014, Ryan Giggs is one of the most successful players in the English Premier League era. And even though his looks were a bit tough and nervy, but Ryan Giggs is another player who hasn’t received a Red Card in his entire career.

5Raul
Imagine playing for Real Madrid, against Barcelona, in an El Clasico, where victory is everything and no one remembers the loser, some players can cross every limit to succeed when stake is so high. But Raul Gonzales isn’t one of them. When his desire and ability to score goals on consistent basis was unmatched, Raul was decent enough to avoid Referee’s notebook at all cost. Even after playing in so many big matches like El Classico, UEFA Champions League Final and Copa Del Rey Finale, Raul never received a single Red Card in all those times.
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by Olubodef(m): 10:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
6.Phillip Lahm
Currently the best right back in this entire world, Phillip Lahm is that historical figure whose tackles and lunges never got him into trouble. When there are defenders who have created history of getting red cards, this life long Bayern Munich servany is yet to receive a Red Card in his playing time.

7Michael Carrick
The MR dependable of Manchester United, Michael Carrick has this uncanny ability to boss the Midfield no matter who the opposition is. And he is another player who is yet to receive a Red Card in all those times.
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by Olubodef(m): 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
8.Luke Young
If you are a full back, you are always vulnerable to being penalized for your tackles. But Luke Young isn’t one of them. Even though he spent most of his career with teams who were fighting to avoid relegation, Young was always one feet away from a Red Card.

9.Shay Given
Currently playing for Stoke City, this Irish Goalie was decent enough to save himself from getting evicted of a football match. He holds the record of playing for more than 39000 minutes without a single Red Card.

10. Edwin Van Der Saar
Another Goal-Keeper but with much higher credentials, Edwin Van Der Saar was one of the best Dutch Players who graced English Premier League. And when he was saving goals and winning matches for the Red Devils, his discipline was exceptional. He playing more than 27000 minutes for Manchester United, and didn’t received a single red card in that time.
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by Olubodef(m): 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
1.Lineker
2. Xavi
3.Duff
4.Giggs

Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by Olubodef(m): 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
5. Raul
6. Lahm
7. Carrick
8. Luke young

Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by Olubodef(m): 10:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
9. Given
19 van-der-saar

Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by Olubodef(m): 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by Olubodef(m): 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
nairalandmaster:
op is that the best you can think About?
i think one should probably do what the Bible says in Proverbs chapter 26, verse 4. It says don’t answer a fool because you may also become like him.

“When you go to the same Proverbs chapter 26, verse 5, it says answer a fool so that he will not think he’s a wise man. So, I am now torn between which of the two verses I should follow in this respect. Obasanjo reply 2 IBB is d best answer fr u

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by PapaNnamdi: 11:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
Where is Mikel and taye Taiwo angry??

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by daveP(m): 11:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
Is it proper to call lalasticlala by now? Seems so.

Yeah. As for one i saw and watched. I respect Duff and Sar.

These guys are naturally-energized imo

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by EzePromoe: 11:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
Vandersar received a red card against a side in an FA cup match. I could recollect vividly. That was the first time I saw Ferdinand being a goalkeeper.
Carrick received a red card in ManU's 6-2 loss to Liverpool at Old Trafford. That should be around 2009 or 2010. If I start going down memory lane I may find half of your list flawed.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by Baddestguyp(m): 1:26am On Oct 26, 2015
messi
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by BarcaBlood: 10:45am On Oct 26, 2015
EzePromoe:
Vandersar received a red card against a side in an FA cup match. I could recollect vividly. That was the first time I saw Ferdinand being a goalkeeper.
Carrick received a red card in ManU's 6-2 loss to Liverpool at Old Trafford. That should be around 2009 or 2010. If I start going down memory lane I may find half of your list flawed.

That wasn't van der sar. It was tomas Kuszczak. Van der sar was subbed at half time

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by BarcaBlood: 10:47am On Oct 26, 2015
Op

Xavi has received a red card once in an el clasico. Real madrid won 4-1 in 2008

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by tuffgongjo(m): 10:51am On Oct 26, 2015
Sir Mathew Stanley,wasn't even yellow carded in his entire career.
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by tuffgongjo(m): 10:52am On Oct 26, 2015
Baddestguyp:
messi
He lasted less than 10mins in his first match for the Albicelestes.
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by EzePromoe: 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
BarcaBlood:

That wasn't van der sar. It was tomas Kuszczak. Van der sar was subbed at half time
Kuszczak was injured. It was Van der Saar, I'm sure about it. The match was against Portsmouth and Kanu played in that match.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by BarcaBlood: 2:43pm On Oct 26, 2015
EzePromoe:
Kuszczak was injured. It was Van der Saar, I'm sure about it. The match was against Portsmouth and Kanu played in that match.

You must have mistook it for another match cos I watched that particular match

Here is a link
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/7272806.stm

Man Utd: Van der Sar (Kuszczak 46), Brown,
Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Scholes, Hargreaves

(Carrick 68), Nani, Rooney, Tevez (Anderson 68).
Subs Not Used: O'Shea, Park.

Sent Off: Kuszczak (76).

Booked: Rooney.

Portsmouth: James, Johnson, Campbell, Distin,
Hreidarsson, Utaka (Lauren 74), Diarra, Diop,
Kranjcar (Hughes 81), Muntari, Kanu (Baros 54).

Subs Not Used: Ashdown, Mvuemba.

Booked: Diop, Diarra.

Goals: Muntari 78 pen.

Att: 75,463

Ref: Martin Atkinson (W Yorkshire).

BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match:
Portsmouth's Glen Johnson 7.40 (on 90 minutes).

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by EzePromoe: 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
BarcaBlood:

You must have mistook it for another match cos I watched that particular match

Here is a link
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/7272806.stm

Okay you won

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by Baddestguyp(m): 5:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
tuffgongjo:
He lasted less than 10mins in his first match for the Albicelestes.
he has never received a red card oh
*edited* you were right
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by homesteady(m): 9:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
Not even one yellow for Gary Lineker? seriously? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
EzePromoe:
bruv d match u talked about that vanderser collected a red card was man u vs portmouth.it was not vanderser that kept,rather tomax kushak.check it on ur fone.and micheal carrick didt collect red card against liverpool.
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
EzePromoe:
it was kuszczak.bt carrick has been red carded,against ac milan.
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by tolor: 3:27pm On Nov 23, 2016
Gary is an exceptional footballer
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by paschal47(m): 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2016
I have never been booked because I'm always on the bench grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by MightySirKay(m): 11:04am On Apr 05, 2017
BarcaBlood:
Op

Xavi has received a red card once in an el clasico. Real madrid won 4-1 in 2008

Xavi Has Never Be Sent Off In His Career...Do Your Findings Very Well Before Opening Your Maggot Filled Mouth
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by arantess: 7:56pm On Sep 02, 2023
Benzema
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by arantess: 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2023
MightySirKay:

Xavi Has Never Be Sent Off In His Career...Do Your Findings Very Well Before Opening Your Maggot Filled Mouth
No be fight

Xavi has received 2 red cards
Re: Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) by Landlord97: 3:26pm On Sep 03, 2023
Me i think you forget iniesta

(1) (Reply)

Josh Maja Rejects Sunderland 7 Times Wage Increase Contract / Alex Iwobi's Sister, Marie, Is Beautiful (Photos) / Jay-Jay Okocha And Others Announce FIFA Best Awards Nominees. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.