Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,497 members, 7,808,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Did Anyone See This Moon In His/her Area Yesterday Night? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Did Anyone See This Moon In His/her Area Yesterday Night? (2472 Views)

This Long Snake Was Killed In My Neighbour's Room Yesterday Night / Did Anyone Received This SMS From Nigeria College Of Aviation / How Is The Moon In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Anyone See This Moon In His/her Area Yesterday Night? by emmykey0128(m): 11:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
The ring is what atmospheric scientists call a "halo" or "glory." It probably looked something like this: A halo around the Moon Credit: APOD Halos are caused by the light of the sun or moon passing through a very thin layer of cirruform (ice-crystal) clouds in the upper atmosphere. The ice crystals refract the light of the moon, similar to the way water droplets in the lower atmosphere can refract sunlight to produce a rainbow. Just like a rainbow, strong halos can have bands of color in them, due to slightly different refractive properties of the ice crystals for different colors. Essentially, halos ARE rainbows caused by primary refraction in ice crystals. Some interesting facts about halos: Halos always occur exactly 22 degrees away from the sun or moon. Occasionally, intense halos can be double halos, just as intense rainbows can be doubled. Intense halos can also produce "moondogs" or "sundogs," very bright regions on the halo evenly spaced at 90 degree intervals around the halo.

Re: Did Anyone See This Moon In His/her Area Yesterday Night? by Fraih(f): 12:03am On Oct 26, 2015
Was there any trace of moon at all in my area? It was a very cold evening...
Re: Did Anyone See This Moon In His/her Area Yesterday Night? by odinese(m): 12:08am On Oct 26, 2015
What is a moon?
Re: Did Anyone See This Moon In His/her Area Yesterday Night? by Ahmba: 12:36am On Oct 26, 2015
Nope, I would have loved to see it though cry. I guess I'll have to take my bed or a chair outside and keep staring at the sky every night (like someone wink)if ever I wan see it sad
Re: Did Anyone See This Moon In His/her Area Yesterday Night? by tpiah11: 4:28am On Oct 26, 2015
right on time.

op at least you aren't linking the photo to anything yet.

(1) (Reply)

SERIOUSBABE AND CKLENT SHOULD BE SUED FOR PLAGIARISM.. (PIX) / Between Tekno And Davido Who Do U Prefer More / Darlings . . Lets Have A Heart To Heart Chat (Its Peace Time 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.