Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government (3271 Views)

States To Benefit From The N345b EU Fund / The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 / An Average Black Man Not All Black Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by bigass(f): 5:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
The essence of governance is to provide security and welfare services for the citizens
As a Nigerian, what do you or have you benefited from the government.
Are your children in public or private schools?
Can you drive 2kms without potholes?
Do you have a generator,and should you?
Do you have access to free emergency services?
Do you enjoy free medical services?
Do you feel safe in this country?
Are you employed? Or do you have favorable conditions for business?
Do you have access free and qualitative care for pregnant mothers?
Do you feel safe when the police is around?
Do you have a well equipped primary health centre within your vicinity?
Do you get top notch treatment when you travel abroad as nigerian?
Do you stay hours in traffic daily esp. for those in urban areas?
Do you have a borehole or you are connected city water?
Do you have cheap unlimited wifi?

Well if you cant answer all these favorably, then you are benefitting nothing from your government.

You may add more of what governments around the world do for their citizens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by Dannidom(m): 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nigeria is a sham!

2 Likes

Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by KHAYGOLD(m): 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2015
Unemployment, epileptic power and poverty.

2 Likes

Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by Uchexxy(m): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
op every average Nigerian like me knows that they don't stand to gain anything from Nigeria. what then baffles me is why we are so scared of trying to do things on our own as separate entities. please what do u lot think u stand to gain from Nigeria being one?
Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by bigass(f): 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2015
Uchexxy:
op every average Nigerian like me knows that they don't stand to gain anything from Nigeria. what then baffles me is why we are so scared of trying to do things on our own as separate entities. please what do u lot think u stand to gain from Nigeria being one?

I believe we should go our separate ways however,I believe it's not the answer as the politicians are the same.

1 Like

Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by BALLOSKI: 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
Every Nigerian is a government on his or her own cos they provide everything from light , water , road , etc , for themselves- Rotimi Amaechi
Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by Uchexxy(m): 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2015
bigass:

I believe we should go our separate ways however,I believe it's not the answer as the politicians are the same.
it is yet to be tried my dear. until we try it and it proves to be worse (which I doubt) then we would know what to do. But it will also be a huge shame on any faction that allows its current polithiefcians to also rule them in their New state

3 Likes

Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by funlord(m): 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2015
undecided
Corruption!
Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by armadeo(m): 5:24pm On Oct 27, 2015
I would come back here to rant.
Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by mikolo80: 6:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
Uchexxy:
it is yet to be tried my dear. until we try it and it proves to be worse (which I doubt) then we would know what to do. But it will also be a huge shame on any faction that allows its current polithiefcians to also rule them in their New state
you cannot confront them Now, is it then you want to confront them. it's not the system that is bad it's the ppl
Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by Uchexxy(m): 11:44pm On Oct 27, 2015
mikolo80:
you cannot confront them Now, is it then you want to confront them. it's not the system that is bad it's the ppl
I don't get what u mean by confronting them cos they simply won't be given d chance to go anywhere near govt. it's as easy as that

1 Like

Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by mikolo80: 6:58am On Oct 28, 2015
Uchexxy:
I don't get what u mean by confronting them cos they simply won't be given d chance to go anywhere near govt. it's as easy as that
you will not be given a chance
you have to find it
and take it
or continue to wail
your choice
I have decided to try my luck so I won't tell my children stories
Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by mikolo80: 7:03am On Oct 28, 2015
bigass:
The essence of governance is to provide security and welfare services for the citizens
As a Nigerian, what do you or have you benefited from the government.
Are your children in public or private schools?
Can you drive 2kms without potholes?
Do you have a generator,and should you?
Do you have access to free emergency services?
Do you enjoy free medical services?
Do you feel safe in this country?
Are you employed? Or do you have favorable conditions for business?
Do you have access free and qualitative care for pregnant mothers?
Do you feel safe when the police is around?
Do you have a well equipped primary health centre within your vicinity?
Do you get top notch treatment when you travel abroad as nigerian?
Do you stay hours in traffic daily esp. for those in urban areas?
Do you have a borehole or you are connected city water?
Do you have cheap unlimited wifi?

Well if you cant answer all these favorably, then you are benefitting nothing from your government.

You may add more of what governments around the world do for their citizens.

you obviously don't know how democracy works
you get what the majority 'votes ' for
not what majority wishes for
Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by PRYCE(m): 7:05am On Oct 28, 2015
Like Under this government, We only benefit from the lies, deceit, Body Stench and propaganda!

We've been high on those lately!
Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by blackprowler: 7:06am On Oct 28, 2015
OP, what has the government benefitted from you? You people have been deceived for so long in this country, you have a warped idea what government should mean and the role of the citizens. Let me tell you something: everyone is wrong in this country. Both the government AND THE CITIZENS are wrong and have no idea of their inter-relationship. Who told you there should be government at all? Why did man create government? Of course most Nigerians have religious delusions and can't answer that question because some name called "God" would be used as blanket evidence for everything.
Have you ever heard of John F Kennedy? Why do you think he said: "...ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country".

As I always say, there's a reason why America is great and black society is backward

1 Like

Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by Uchexxy(m): 10:31am On Oct 28, 2015
mikolo80:
you will not be given a chance
you have to find it
and take it
or continue to wail
your choice
I have decided to try my luck so I won't tell my children stories
U obviously didnt get me, i said the politicians in naija wont be given a chance in biafra. and as for choosing not to tell your children stories, its too bad u r blind to d fact that these kids will someday learn about it from friends or internet. check your choices again my friend. and as for my wailing, pls let it be. i cant recall asking u for data so i can wail online
Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by mikolo80: 5:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
Uchexxy:
U obviously didnt get me,

I doubt anybody can get you

said the politicians in naija wont be given a chance in biafra.

what are we talking
what are you sayin

and as for choosing not to tell your children stories, its too bad u r blind to d fact that these kids will someday learn about it from friends or internet.
by the time I am done
my children will not know suffering
I pity yours sha
Hope you're not looking for admission for them
Hope me and mine have fixed it for you

check your choices again my friend

it is you that needs to check your lack of choices

. and as for my wailing, pls let it be.

i cant recall asking u for data so i can wail online
of course you have the privilege of wasting your time and data on wailing while I will use mine to conquer
Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by Uchexxy(m): 6:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
mikolo80:

I doubt anybody can get you

what are we talking
what are you sayin

by the time I am done
my children will not know suffering
I pity yours sha
Hope you're not looking for admission for them
Hope me and mine have fixed it for you

it is you that needs to check your lack of choices
of course you have the privilege of wasting your time and data on wailing while I will use mine to conquer
bwahahahahaha, my goodness me. yes sir u have provided admission for my kids, thank u sir for d generosity. all I can do is laugh. sorry for wasting your busy time since u are busy conquering. people can be very funny at times
Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
propagandas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by mikolo80: 8:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
Uchexxy:
bwahahahahaha, my goodness me. yes sir u have provided admission for my kids, thank u sir for d generosity. all I can do is laugh. sorry for wasting your busy time since u are busy conquering. people can be very funny at times
I didn't say you'll beg me
you can pretend to laugh all you want
but I am very sure you will,are or will beg somebody somewhere for admission or employment for your kids from the way you have abandoned your community
waiting for Jesus to tcome down to solve your problems
no be by complain o
somebody gas to get down in the muck and clean up the mess our elders left for us
you stand up to be counted or you remain a spectator on the sidelines
Re: What Does An Average Nigerian Citizen Benefit From The Government by mikolo80: 8:37pm On Oct 28, 2015
Uchexxy:
I didn't say you'll beg me
you can pretend to laugh all you want
but I am very sure you will,are or will beg somebody somewhere for admission or employment for your kids from the way you have abandoned your community
waiting for Jesus to tcome down to solve your problems
no be by complain o
somebody gas to get down in the muck and clean up the mess our elders left for us
you stand up to be counted or you remain a spectator on the sidelines
this is how they laughed at all the politicians Who are billionaires Now determining our collective fate
g choose to join them and beat them
what have you decided to do, laugh Abi

(1) (Reply)

Did You See That Broken Seat At The National Assembly Close To Buhari [PICS] / Painful:pregnant Women Waiting To Deliver(pictures) / Ethnic Groups That Always "Click" In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.