Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:12 AM

How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara (28401 Views)

James Ibori Did Not Make Me Speaker- Dogara / How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker - Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2015

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Honourable Yakubu Dogara, on Sunday, in Jerusalem, the religious home of Israel, publicly revealed how God used the Ekiti State governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose, to win the battle associated with his election as Speaker.

Giving his testimony at a special pilgrimage programme: “A day with Jesus for Nigeria in Israel,” organised by the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission (NCPC), held at the International Conference Centre (ICC), Jerusalem, Honourable Dogara, who emphasised the importance of prayers in the affairs of a nation and individuals, said he had lost hope of becoming the Speaker of the House of Representatives, as many forces were against him until God himself intervened.

“Concerning the race for speakership race, it was almost the same story to how I won the election to the House. Some of our members and the powers that be said they did not want a fundamentalist Christian, that I am a fanatic.

“At a point, I decided to leave everything to God, having realised that human efforts were not working, even my supporters had resolved to accept the deputy speakership offer, which I declined.

“In the process, I think a few days, thereafter, that I ran into my brother, the governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose, for the very first time. When I got to him, I did not know I was coming to meet a prophet, I thought I was coming to see a politician.

“If they had told me what happened that day was going to happen, I would not have believed it. When we got to him (Fayose), he took us to a swimming pool, told everybody to remove his/her shoes, asked us to hold our hands, kneel down and he started praying.

“As he started the prayers, I said wow! I have never seen or heard a politician pray in this version before, but I thank God that those prayers really worked for me.”

The Speaker said he was not surprised at what Fayose had become, adding that his experience had turned him to a firebrand as testified by Fayose himself earlier during the programme.

“Come and see the words coming out of Fayose’s mouth. He mentioned my name, saying ‘I pronounce you the Speaker of House of Representatives’, and he said the God who made his own possible, would make my own possible.”

He urged Nigerian leaders to seek the face of God in the ruling of the country and not lean on their wisdom or knowledge alone, saying only then, the change all were clamouring for would come.

Fayose and other governors present, including the Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom; Plateau State governor, Simon Lalong had testified to how God, through prayers, changed their lives for better.

Source: www.dailypost.ng/2015/10/26/how-god-used-fayose-to-pronounce-me-speaker-dogara/

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by madridguy(m): 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
GEJ see your life, you get Fayose and you allowed the bling bling man and the hell gate keeper to scam you. PDP, papa deceiving pickin party.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by timidot(m): 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2015
Fayose d man of d moment apc don't hv choice buh to love dis guy... D man dat knws hw to enter apc anyhow lolz... Prophet Fayose...dis man get anointing pass bishop ayo our CAN president

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
Please Edit.
Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by bigeagleeye(m): 6:34pm On Oct 26, 2015
I was not there but I believe the story, Fayose is a selfstyled politician with a unique brand...I love him for his resolution to be the Special One...not minding that his submissions sometimes can be very distracting and bogus!

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
Fayose is always our role model. Lalasticala,Obinoscopy,Seun,this thread deserves FP

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:00pm On Oct 26, 2015
Please can any of the supermod tell me why this isn't deserving of front page?
Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, mukina2, Dominique

3 Likes

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by buoye1(m): 7:38am On Oct 27, 2015
Why is this not on front page?

Lala, what are you waiting for?

1 Like

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by kayemdy: 8:27am On Oct 27, 2015
Shey he dressed as a bishop....
Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by talktrue1(m): 8:34am On Oct 27, 2015
MAybe Wike should run to him NOW.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by rejoice4eva(m): 8:53am On Oct 27, 2015
Front page
Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by Earthkumy(m): 9:01am On Oct 27, 2015
God will always be with you and Fayose, God won't forsake you.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by Earthkumy(m): 9:02am On Oct 27, 2015
Our God is a miracle work. Front page pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by shidof(m): 9:56am On Oct 27, 2015
wike and saraki needs to go and consult prophet fayose on dere future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by Obinoscopy(m): 6:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
LogoDWhiz:

I tire o.

Still surprised as to why it hasn't being on FP.

Cc: Obinoscopy
Seen
Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by damton(m): 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
Funny. Fayose Is now a prophet.

1 Like

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by Bonapart(m): 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
Ok
Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by tobtap: 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
fayose will soon claim u wear PAMPERS grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by RichDad1(m): 6:31pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hmmm, I hope this guy is not threading on the path of impeachment.
Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by asumo12: 6:31pm On Oct 27, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by Tonnierichy(m): 6:31pm On Oct 27, 2015
No comments
Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by otabuko(m): 6:32pm On Oct 27, 2015
The mourinho of Nigerian politics.... Kudos

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by AsherStorm(m): 6:32pm On Oct 27, 2015
Lol... see politricks

To get any of these thru jumia agent, call or whatsapp 08060389161

1 Like

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by Demmocrats(m): 6:32pm On Oct 27, 2015
Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by Funjosh(m): 6:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
Ok
Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by martin1772(m): 6:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
uhm
Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by pleiades45: 6:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by emmasege: 6:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
I hope Dogara doesn't get punished by his party for this statement, because 'otito koro' (truth is bitter) & liars don't like hearing the truth.
We are praying for you, Your Excellency, so that you'll have a peaceful and successful tenure. But be watchful of those northern cabals, so that they don't eliminate you like they did Patrick Yakowa. It was one of the main reasons they hated GEJ, because he was instrumental to the emergence of the first Christian governor in Kaduna.
Remember the words of our Lord: WATCH & PRAY!

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by RockMaxi: 6:33pm On Oct 27, 2015

Fayose should keep this up, we need more of God fearing politicians.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Used Fayose To Pronounce Me Speaker – Dogara by pretydiva(f): 6:34pm On Oct 27, 2015
Good 4 him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obiano, Ifeanyi Ubah And Bianca Ojukwu Strike A Pose In APGA Outfits / Tinubu Will Win Highest Votes, Might Have Run-Off With Obi - SBM Intelligence / Senators, Reps Collecting Signatures To Impeach Buhari - The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.