Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Top 5 Problems Of The Infinix Hot 2 And Their Solutions - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 5 Problems Of The Infinix Hot 2 And Their Solutions (3367 Views)

Meet The Infinix Smart 2 And Smart 2 Pro / Most Common Android Problems And Their Solutions / Top 5 Problems Of The Infinix Hot 2 And Their Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Problems Of The Infinix Hot 2 And Their Solutions by khalhokage(m): 9:19am On Oct 27, 2015
The Infinix Hot 2 is one of the most impressive budget devices we’ve seen in Nigeria for the year 2015. Why so? The phone is an Android One device. This simply means that Google partnered with Infinix to make the phone. Hence, users of this device will receive the latest Android updates as they come, directly from Google.

That asides, looking at the spec vs price angle, there are few devices that come close. After going through various complaints from people and threads in Nairaland, I’ve decided to compile the most common issues with the phone and proffer solutions for them.

Before we proceed, Here are things you should know:

The Infinix Hot 2 runs stock Android. This is very different from what you see on the regular Android devices you’ve used or seen before.
This phone runs raw Android – just the way founding fathers made it to be – without any extra customization. You should have this at the back of your mind.
You need to set up your Gmail account before using this phone. You can’t do much on this phone if you don’t do that immediately after purchase. Simply login (if you already have an account) or create a new one.
Now back to the common problems and their solutions.

Problem 1: I can’t see a file manager

After signing in with your Gmail account, the first thing you need to do is run to Google Play Store, and download a file manager. Es File Explorer is highly recommended.

Problem 2: I can’t use a custom song as ringtone

When you notice you can’t set a song as ringtone, then next thing is, use your ES File Explorer, navigate to the song you want, and set that as your ringtone.

Problem 3: I can’t find any gallery

The Infinix Hot 2 actually has a gallery app called Google Photos. Though, I’ll admit, the app looks weird and different from what we’re used to. To fix the problem, run along to Google Play Store and download Quick Pic. It is a lightweight and fast gallery app. Highly recommended.

Problem 4: I can’t play videos

If you can’t find a good video player on your phone, again Quick Pic is decent. For a more rounded experience, go ahead to Google Play Store and download MX Player.

Problem 5: The phone doesn’t have HSDPA

So because the phone shows 3G on the network signal bar (instead of H+), you people have concluded the phone doesn’t have HSDPA. If you dig around Setting -> About section, you’ll clearly see where it is shown. The phone has HSDPA. However, if you need to be able to see it reflected as an icon in the status bar, you can still go farther, by rooting, install Xposed Framework and Gravity Box, then set it up to write H+ on the status bar.

That’s all for now. The list will be updated as soon as see more issues to be addressed. You can sound of your thoughts in the comments box.

Source: MobilityArena
Re: Top 5 Problems Of The Infinix Hot 2 And Their Solutions by kaayposh: 9:32am On Oct 27, 2015
For ur mind u created a meaningful thread right?
Re: Top 5 Problems Of The Infinix Hot 2 And Their Solutions by Hero10001: 9:33am On Oct 27, 2015
Correct!
Re: Top 5 Problems Of The Infinix Hot 2 And Their Solutions by Hero10001: 9:34am On Oct 27, 2015
kaayposh:
For ur mind u created a meaningful thread right?
To a fool, everything is foolish.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Problems Of The Infinix Hot 2 And Their Solutions by RobinHez(m): 9:40am On Oct 27, 2015
Cc Lalasticlala

Some people will just be acting dumb! Cuz android one is different from what they know undecided
Re: Top 5 Problems Of The Infinix Hot 2 And Their Solutions by RedCard1(m): 10:22am On Oct 27, 2015
@OP you forgot the worst problem of them all, THE CAMERA. I don't think it's 8mp like we were told and made to believe. The so called 8mp camera is rubbish compared to the 5mp camera on Samsung Galaxy J1. Even the 5mp camera of Lumia 520 that has no LED flash beats the 8mp of Infinix Hot2. When I heard about the release of this Infinix Hot2, I fell in love with it that I even wanted to buy it. But after handling my neighbour's Hot2, I have decided not to spend my money on that thing. Bad camera, poor screen, poor battery, the design isn't even attractive.

I'm not saying that people should not buy it oh.
Re: Top 5 Problems Of The Infinix Hot 2 And Their Solutions by Jaymharx23(m): 10:44am On Oct 27, 2015
why can't I choose my default storage memory... I have a 32gb memory card inserted and it still complain of low memory because the internal memory is low... how can I switch to using my memory card?
Re: Top 5 Problems Of The Infinix Hot 2 And Their Solutions by khalhokage(m): 11:00am On Oct 27, 2015
RedCard1:
@OP you forgot the worst problem of them all, THE CAMERA. I don't think it's 8mp like we were told and made to believe. The so called 8mp camera is rubbish compared to the 5mp camera on Samsung Galaxy J1. Even the 5mp camera of Lumia 520 that has no LED flash beats the 8mp of Infinix Hot2. When I heard about the release of this Infinix Hot2, I fell in love with it that I even wanted to buy it. But after handling my neighbour's Hot2, I have decided not to spend my money on that thing. Bad camera, poor screen, poor battery, the design isn't even attractive.

I'm not saying that people should not buy it oh.

Don't judge cameras by their megapixels, my 2mp lumia 630 takes better ics than my friend's 5mp galaxy s2.
The hot2 has an 8mp camera, what kind of sensor it has and how well optimised it is determines what it's results look like.
Re: Top 5 Problems Of The Infinix Hot 2 And Their Solutions by 400billionman: 8:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
I just set up one for a friend. Infinix is okay.

I still love my Phantom. Who can get me original Tecno Phantom battery F7 ?
Re: Top 5 Problems Of The Infinix Hot 2 And Their Solutions by Tunalty(m): 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
Fairly used Infinix hot x507 for sale..... Bad side:- touch pad only..... I stay @ ifo ogun state nd ere z my contact if u re interested in d fone:07065289526
Re: Top 5 Problems Of The Infinix Hot 2 And Their Solutions by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2015
These are not problems na
Re: Top 5 Problems Of The Infinix Hot 2 And Their Solutions by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
400billionman:
I just set up one for a friend. Infinix is okay.

I still love my Phantom. Who can get me original Tecno Phantom battery F7 ?

that na 1980 phone na

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp(blackberry And Iphone Chat Combined): Bbmessenger And Imessenger / Help! I Want To Unlock My Visafone / Please How Do I Stop This Advert Pop Up Ruining My Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.