Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,516 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta (1169 Views)

Militants Threaten To Stop Oil Exploration Over PMB's Focus On Northern Nigeria / Militants Threaten To Attack Niger-Delta Governors / Ex-militants Threaten To Blow Up Hijacked Vessel, Expatriates Onboard Over Biafr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by simtosul: 9:41am On Oct 27, 2015
About 500 former militants under the
Presidential Amnesty Programme (PAP)
have threatened to unleash mayhem in the
Niger Delta region over the non-payment of
their three-month allowances by the
amnesty office.
Ex-militants protesting
The Punch reports that the angry ex-militants
stated that they would breach the peace in the
region if Brigadier General Paul Boroh, the
coordinator of the PAP, fails to pay them after five
days.
Speaking after a meeting in Yenagoa, Bayelsa
state, on Monday, October 26, the former
militants warned that they would begin their
showdown by blocking the East-West Road, which
is a major gateway to the South-South.
They said that Boro had paid them two out of
their five-month outstanding allowances.
According to the ex-militants, their names were
excluded from the list when the PAP coordinator
paid the three-month outstanding allowances.
Bipelede Enere, one of the concerned ex-
militants, said that in the last two weeks some of
ex-militants in the third phase were paid their
three-month allowances. However, he added that
over 500 of them did not receive their money.
“They have not told us the reason why we have
not been paid. As I speak with you, I have not
been paid my three-month allowances but when
they paid the two-month allowances some
months ago, we received the money.
“We don’t want them to push us to the point
where we would take drastic action that would
make people feel we want to fight against the
state. That is why we are using this medium to
appeal to President Muhammadu Buhari to advise
the leadership of the amnesty programme to pay
us our money,” he said.
On Tuesday, October 20, a group of Niger Delta
ex-militants took to the streets of Abuja
protesting against an alleged fraud within the
management of the amnesty programme.
They accused the handlers of the programme,
specifically one Peter Evah, of embezzling over
N405 million the federal government had released
for them.
Meanwhile, the government has denied owing the
former Niger Delta agitators.
According to the amnesty office, all monthly
payments to ex-militants under the programme
were up to date.
Source: Naij.com

Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by nikkiking(m): 9:44am On Oct 27, 2015
undecided
Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by Dannyset(m): 9:44am On Oct 27, 2015
See grown up men oo! grin
Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by chocolateme(f): 9:44am On Oct 27, 2015
They get the morale?
Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 27, 2015
Whatever you guys are planing to do, remember not to touch your own. egbere faaaaa

2 Likes

Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by speedyGonzales: 9:52am On Oct 27, 2015
I hate this amnesty militants stuff... It has turned southerners to lazy slops likes northern a-b-o-k-i government dependant slops
Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 27, 2015
There is a lot of time bomb the dullard is planting all over the zoogerian.

IPOB arising
BOko haram.
Niger Delta militants.
Fulanis threatning there slavesgrin

1 Like

Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 27, 2015
Na today....
Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by pedrilo: 10:06am On Oct 27, 2015
All niger deltan youths shud benefit from this allowance! Payin some few and leavin d rest of us will only bring anarchy.

1 Like

Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by Henrypraise: 10:07am On Oct 27, 2015
Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by Henrypraise: 10:14am On Oct 27, 2015
I tot buhari knew wat he will do afta winning d presidential election wen he said "Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gun powder" but alas d man is clueless, wat is he doin in india wen naija is boiling.

M in support of dia cry n struggle, but I knw d once coming out to demonstrate ar just pawns in d game of chess.
Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by princemillla(m): 10:19am On Oct 27, 2015
This is indeed rubbish.... Can you imagine some set of people holding the nation to ransom.

Displaying guns in the public and their elders sees nothing wrong in that. If this continues, I think I will support the agitations for splitting Nigeria
Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by funlord(m): 10:26am On Oct 27, 2015
undecided

Who gives a _fuck? Let them call their hopeless hero or heroine to aid their plight na! Na only dry raking them sabi! Nonsense
Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:28am On Oct 27, 2015
Xwayhandsom264:
There is a lot of time bomb the dullard is planting all over the zoogerian.

IPOB arising
BOko haram.
Niger Delta militants.
Fulanis threatning there slavesgrin
Afenifere is talking tough.
Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by DaBullIT(m): 10:49am On Oct 27, 2015
Please Abeg, Unleash on your people

He no concern me

and if una no unleash am , na thunder go fire una

BTW , Na the same picture them use fumble say dem go cause Civil war if Clueless no win

If Jonathan Loses, There Will Be Civil War - Niger Delta Militants
Manuel Ndimele 9 months ago 403

https://www.naij.com/371769-if-jonathan-loses-there-will-be-civil-war-niger-delta-militants.html
Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by ruggedboy01: 10:52am On Oct 27, 2015
I can see barcanista grin grin grin

The should bomb all their SS region, abi SS Republic grin cheesy grin
As far they stay off SE
who cares undecided undecided
Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by glacswhite: 11:29am On Oct 27, 2015
ruggedboy01:
I can see barcanista grin grin grin

The should bomb all their SS region, abi SS Republic grin cheesy grin
As far they stay off SE
who cares undecided undecided

Yes a Yoruba guy trying to bring enemity B/w SS and SE...our Eyes are now Open we aint Blind anymore....

1 Like

Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by Chiaka(f): 11:33am On Oct 27, 2015
President Buhari is not governing this country well. I think he is full of the 1970.....mentality and system of Governance. The world and ways of governance has long evolved. His system of governance (Master -Slave methodology) no longer thrive in the new world. HE should wake up!
Re: Ex-militants Threaten To Unleash Mayhem In Niger Delta by ruggedboy01: 11:37am On Oct 27, 2015
glacswhite:

Yes a Yoruba guy trying to bring enemity B/w SS and SE...our Eyes are now Open we aint Blind anymore....
check my previous posts
Kudos to barcanista for bringing the disunity

https://www.nairaland.com/2693510/ndokis-ijaws...fact

(1) (Reply)

See The Lovely Gift El-Rufai Gave 2 One Of His Pretty Wives On Her Birthday(pics / Illegality Of Stay Of Proceedings In Saraki's Corruption Trial By Femi Falana / Biafra: Nigerians’re Determined To Remain Indivisible – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.