Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,714 members, 7,805,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. (27237 Views)

2018 UTME Results - A Scam! / What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? / HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by bandol(m): 8:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
@op, Hiploko: bringing ur matter here would further complicate ur matter. Most people here don't understand noun system. They are already skeptical about d schl this will further spoil d image of the institution
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hiploko:
how minor is this minor issue? You have approached ur study center and they tell u dey dnt knw wat to do. You send mail to NOUN complaint e-mails and no response. You check your portal and you see former courses you wrote well appearing as missing TMA link.And then you remember how hard it was for you to write d exam by way of expenses, sneaking out of work etc and u say it is minor. A problem affecting majority of NOUN students isn't minor my dear
...N.O.U.N.'s study centres can't really be of help or their help will prolong your worries. Visit the headquarters in Victoria Island, go to Exam and Assessment Department-request for the Statement of Result printout. Don't strain yourself over general issues, be bothered over personal issues. Wish you well.

1 Like

Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Hiploko(m): 8:13pm On Oct 27, 2015
bandol:
@op, Hiploko: bringing ur matter here would further complicate ur matter. Most people here don't understand noun system. They are already skeptical about d schl this will further spoil d image of the institution
I understand. But most peopla have exhausted all means on complaint but to no avail. The school needs to wake up becos their image is not better than the sufferings students go through for missing results. These courses are paid for.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by afanide: 8:15pm On Oct 27, 2015
Damalex4luv:
Stop this your complaints jare. Most of us that are graduates and have our ready made results don't have any job yet why most of you people in noun or what do they call it self have a good paying job. I don't even know how you people manage to get those jobs self without any result if not for the corruption that has embedded this country. Most of us that graduated with good results from reputable university are yet to get any job while you people come here to make some nonsense complaints. I swear I go vex for you shocked shocked shocked

Success is not by That PAPER CALLED CERTIFICATE. You've not gotten Job because you have refused to change your mentality/mindset.

U went to school just to get a good Job and not to be successful, that's why you are finding it difficult BRO......

1 Like

Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Hiploko(m): 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2015
afanide:

Success is not by That PAPER CALLED CERTIFICATE. You've not gotten Job because you have refused to change your mentality/mindset.

U went to school just to get a good Job and not to be successful, that's why you are finding it difficult BRO......
lol... He is Mr reputable university and good grades

1 Like

Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 27, 2015
Same issue i'm facing as well. The result for a course i wrote in 300lvl has been missing till date. I've been wondering how i'll re-write the exam, as it is one of the most bulky and one of the most complicated courses i've ever written.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Hiploko(m): 8:22pm On Oct 27, 2015
Chi59:
Same issue i'm facing as well. The result for a course i wrote in 300lvl has been missing till date. I've been wondering how i'll re-write the exam, as it is one of the most bulky and one of the most complicated courses i've ever written.
just imagine... Now they expect you to read that in addition to the cuRrent semester courses, do d TMAs and write d exam
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by bigboyo: 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hiploko:
This is a plague adversly affecting the students of the National Open University of Nigeria. I am left to worry if NOUN does it intentionally or are willingly attracting litigations to themselves.

All we hear about NOUN is missing results! Missing results!! Missing results!!! The irony is that you are told the results are released in batches and when you approach your Study center for rectification, there is little or nothing they can do other than for you to take the TMAs and exams again.

When you send mails to them, you get no response. This is sheer wickedness knowing that most NOUN students are workers who often times sneak out from work to write exams or are given little time by the organization to go write the exam.

Someone I know wrote 7 courses for MBA and only 2 results were released. The MBA batch currently in their 2nd semester has 2 results seized for all the students in a SC. I also read of someone re-writing 8 courses.

This dents the image of the school, adds more stress to the students, more cost incurred and a greater risk of abandoning the program.

NUC needs to be involved in this so that this ill will be checked and corrected.

Cc:Lalasticlala,ishlove

Hiploko ooo! I see U ooooo, what are U doing here?

By D way nice write up...
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2015
And for the individual implying that wrong matric no. is the reason for the missing script ish, DON'T GIVE ME THAT CRAP!!
Seems they told you guys what to tell the students, as my study centre director said the same thing.
YOU KNOW IT ISN'T TRUE, at least for most students.
My departmental mates all had a missing result in a course, could that be as a result of wrong matric number??
You guys are always feeding us with the lies you get from your ogas at the top, IT HAS TO STOP!!
The VC and the entire mgt. of N.O.U.N MUST stand up to their responsibilities! Don't you guys fear God? With the exorbitant fees we pay each semester, yet we neither get facilitation(lectures) nor course materials, and yet after paying for and reading for exams, only to find missing result(s).
THIS HAS TO STOP!
No wonder, they don't want the formation of student unions to put them in check, to make sure we receive the proper stand of education.
Many of those old w/men schooled when nigeria ws gud nw they wnt to frustrate us!!!

1 Like

Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by afanide: 8:36pm On Oct 27, 2015
All of you criticising this School, you claim to have graduated from one of the the BEST schools in Nigeria and yet you have no Jobs so what's the difference?

NOUN no be school and yet the likes of Obasanjo, Iniedo, Destmond Elliot etc. Are running Programmes there.

Weren't they aware of LASU, UNN, UNIBEN UNICAL, etc.?

Note that Destmond Elliot and Iniedo are studying LAW and not Botany.

Why didn't they go to the BEST schools to study Law?

You guys should stop the criticisms as this is Nigeria where SSCE/School Cert holders are working in NNPC as STAFF.

Make una dey dere dey depend on certificate to survive. Dey dere dey compare/criticise your fellow brothers because you go UNN Wey GUARANTY JOB AFTER GRADUATION.

1 Like

Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hiploko:
just imagine... Now they expect you to read that in addition to the cuRrent semester courses, do d TMAs and write d exam
Of course, that's the implication. I'll hv to add a 400+ paged course to next semester's courses.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by lemolemo: 8:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
gurunlocker:
NOUN Na school?

abi part of speech
yes it's a school and baba iyabo ( obasanjo) only just graduated so you know it's one of those late night university.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
KINGTELLER:
Story, It's a common occurrence in most Nigeria Federal universities, I can't even count how many missing scripts I had before I graduated in one of the first generation university

How much was your school fees in that federal university as compared to NOUN that is also a federal university??

How many times did you have to repeat one exam before the result was released?

Answer this questions then i accept ur statement else it doesn't make sense.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by afanide: 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hiploko:
lol... He is Mr reputable university and good grades

No mind that guy, he just go me angry with his reasoning.........
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by harry509: 8:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hiploko:
This is a plague adversly affecting the students of the National Open University of Nigeria. I am left to worry if NOUN does it intentionally or are willingly attracting litigations to themselves.

All we hear about NOUN is missing results! Missing results!! Missing results!!! The irony is that you are told the results are released in batches and when you approach your Study center for rectification, there is little or nothing they can do other than for you to take the TMAs and exams again.

When you send mails to them, you get no response. This is sheer wickedness knowing that most NOUN students are workers who often times sneak out from work to write exams or are given little time by the organization to go write the exam.

Someone I know wrote 7 courses for MBA and only 2 results were released. The MBA batch currently in their 2nd semester has 2 results seized for all the students in a SC. I also read of someone re-writing 8 courses.

This dents the image of the school, adds more stress to the students, more cost incurred and a greater risk of abandoning the program.

NUC needs to be involved in this so that this ill will be checked and corrected.

hmmmmmM! Make dis NOUN sch behave well ooh. My urga sista is there ooh. They shud jst stp dis rough play of missing resuit ooh.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Bowaley17(m): 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
NOUN is a scam...
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Missmossy(f): 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
Too bad, my friends there complain about the same thing. They reduce the rate at which good people ought to finish. Something urgent ought to be done.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Visocrate(m): 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
this part of speech called NOUN AND its likes PRONOUN should better behave o because I am thinking of running my Ph.D there o otherwise I will change my mind
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Ossaifamous(m): 9:15pm On Oct 27, 2015
And to think that I almost enroll
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Nyceguy92: 9:16pm On Oct 27, 2015
[quote author=Hiploko post=39405906]

It is really a very big shame for results get missing in the university I'm this computer age.

Last year, a family member had her result missing.

The university did nothing about it.

The only advice ground staff gave was to re-register the course while waiting to hear from head office.

Of course, nothing was heard.

Think of the economic cost to the numerous students affected!
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Gluthatione: 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2015
Damalex4luv:
Stop this your complaints jare. Most of us that are graduates and have our ready made results don't have any job yet why most of you people in noun or what do they call it self have a good paying job. I don't even know how you people manage to get those jobs self without any result if not for the corruption that has embedded this country. Most of us that graduated with good results from reputable university are yet to get any job while you people come here to make some nonsense complaints. I swear I go vex for you shocked shocked shocked
Mr damalex how can u reason like this for Christ sake !Is NOUN only meant for undergraduate students?What about people going for their masters and PhD. Even most undergraduate students in NOUN have good certificate before they proceeded to Noun for higher qualifications. Let me take myself as an example I studied Pharm tech. in college of health technology and I'm also an oracle database administrator . I have a good job with a good pay before i proceeded to study computer science in NOUN . u better forget this your good result and reputable university of a thing and go and find sth better to do.

1 Like

Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by KINGTELLER: 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2015
ejibaba:

How much was your school fees in that federal university as compared to NOUN that is also a federal university??

How many times did you have to repeat one exam before the result was released?

Answer this questions then i accept ur statement else it doesn't make sense.
The amount I paid aint consequential but most missing results are caused by the workload of the lecturers and those careless assistant lecturers or would I called them GA .
If I begin to lament to you how many letters I wrote just to have my script (story for another day), I eventually resolve to re-writting them since the grade wasnt affect my CGPA
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by freeman67: 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
we all woulld have to add our voices to this issue if that is what it would take to either resolve the issue and save us (students) from wasting our time ans money or make the government general publiv be aware so that they'll sack the entire management staff of that school and replace them with new people because rheir actions seem delibrate. They tend to enjoy students suffer ing and frequent payment of exams fees when when that student should have graduated.
I started a programme there last second half of last year after our exams results were released early this year . One of my course was not appropriate and obe was missing. I complained at d SC and was told to write which I did. I was hoping I will see d result through out the second semester to no avail then I paid another compulsory fee of N23000 and registered them only for the new result to come out and 1 discovered that out of the 6 courses I wrote fie d second semester only 2 were released. I was just discouraged and left everything.

for those saying it is a normal thing.. it is not normal in conventional university to me because I never had any issue of missing result through out my undergrad days where I finished. so I see it as very abnormal. For those talki g of going to VI,thanks for trying to profer solutions to the situation but then not everybody stay in lagos. we are not talking about project defence or collection of Original Certificate yet. How many time do we then have to visit VI before things are done right.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by nuelzy: 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
u all have spoken....

nw lemme spark!!... first..d guy dat brought dis issue here is an idiot !!#fact

....u xpect what to happen ??...

dat ayo tenebe will read dis??

nonsense... if u want justice...go through d right source... the head-quarters!!

....bt on a lighter note.... dis issue needs to be adressed thoroughly... noun is already there... let dem solidify it!! ...what rubbish!! ... grin

@op.. take heart...
more wine waiter!!
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by vikajef(m): 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
Damalex4luv:

LOL, Guy u d vex o
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by mikeuz(m): 10:23pm On Oct 27, 2015
Omotolu:
Request for your statement of result at the Exam and Assessment Department, V.I.. The missing scores may likely not be missing. That's what I did while one of my courses was missing. You don't need to bring that minor issue to Nairaland. That is a minor issue.

I wish i can just fly from here and give you a slap of sense!!!. You call this a minor issue abi? Because you saw your own? The pain people face because of this will catch up with you soon, thats my prayer for you, since you think is fun for your fathers age mate to sit for an exam and you tell him missing script. You sure don't know the valuevof time, you think everybody have the luxury of time to go to VI? Mk i just reserve the anger i get for you MUMU.

1 Like

Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by pastorhen: 11:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
Good evening house. Please i need assistance on how to get the admission form for national open university. Have been told to go online to www.remita.net. But pls I need further information. Thanks
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by nkemdi89(f): 11:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
Hiploko:

most times people will just come online with the complaint of a person and generalise it in order to get to get online attention or unnecessary sympathies. When you fail to follow on online instructions when registering courses or you register late what do you expect if you don't know the procedures involve why not contact a computer expert or someone who has a better idea or knowledge on how the system works. don't capitalise on you or someone ignorance to destroy the image of the institution because I can beat my chest and count a lot of people who graduated and who are still student that are not experiencing what you accused the institution of. As a responsible individual I advise to seek for advise on how to go about it instead complaining, thereby giving some ignorant people a bad impression about the institution.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Hiploko(m): 12:07am On Oct 28, 2015
nkemdi89:
most times people will just come online with the complaint of a person and generalise it in order to get to get online attention or unnecessary sympathies. When you fail to follow on online instructions when registering courses or you register late what do you expect if you don't know the procedures involve why not contact a computer expert or someone who has a better idea or knowledge on how the system works. don't capitalise on you or someone ignorance to destroy the image of the institution because I can beat my chest and count a lot of people who graduated and who are still student that are not experiencing what you accused the institution of. As a responsible individual I advise to seek for advise on how to go about it instead complaining, thereby giving some ignorant people a bad impression about the institution.
shhhhhhhh dear!!! What is dis one saying? So the whole MBA class with 2 missing results (on the average. Someone has 5 missing) registered late abi don't know how to register courses. Did you go to any special skul dat others didn't go to to learn how to *properly* register courses? Go through the thread and see plenty people with similar complains. So for their image, we shud hurt our own future. Didn't u pay for course and exam registration? Is it free? I heard Law students had to sue the school authorities and the issues sharply was resolved. Be there doing image.

1 Like

Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by mavinc4u(f): 3:39am On Oct 28, 2015
Hiploko:
shhhhhhhh dear!!! What is dis one saying? So the whole MBA class with 2 missing results (on the average. Someone has 5 missing) registered late abi don't know how to register courses. Did you go to any special skul dat others didn't go to to learn how to *properly* register courses? Go through the thread and see plenty people with similar complains. So for their image, we shud hurt our own future. Didn't u pay for course and exam registration? Is it free? I heard Law students had to sue the school authorities and the issues sharply was resolved. Be there doing image.

Stop going to study centers. Go to NOUN's head office, you would see your results.

1 Like

Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by marlockj: 5:11am On Oct 28, 2015
Damalex4luv:

Wat r u saying.

U b pure Mumu I swear,

U Dnt knw Dat sumone cn upgrade from bsc to masters.

Or from ssce to bsc

Cn u do a ssce Wrk n upgrade later?

U knw nothing.

In ur mind u feel Dey go d job showing Jst white plan sheet.

Dis is Mre reason u r yet to get a job, Cuz u Dnt tink Lik a graduate.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by rumours: 5:46am On Oct 28, 2015
It's so unfair and insensitive of you to refer to this issue as minor. Anyway it is said that when it is someone else's corpse, then it must be a log of wood. Somebody has articulated and pointed out an issue that has affected and is still affecting many today. And there you are trivializing it. It is right somebody will write exam and not see the result? Is it easy to study and write exam? NOUN should wake. There are Open Universities in other countries. Omotolu, not everyone have the time or resources to travel to VI Lagos to request for statement of result. In fact we need to take this matter beyond nairaland. It needs to go to the Radio. And it is a big ISSUE.

Omotolu:
Request for your statement of result at the Exam and Assessment Department, V.I.. The missing scores may likely not be missing. That's what I did while one of my courses was missing. You don't need to bring that minor issue to Nairaland. That is a minor issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IPPIS: ASUU Asks FG Why Staff Of CBN, NDIC, FIRS Are Not On The Payment System / 10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics / Requirements To Study Accounting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.