Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. (27241 Views)

2018 UTME Results - A Scam! / What Causes Missing Results In Nigerian Universities? / HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 28, 2015
mikeuz:

I wish i can just fly from here and give you a slap of sense!!!. You call this a minor issue abi? Because you saw your own? The pain people face because of this will catch up with you soon, thats my prayer for you, since you think is fun for your fathers age mate to sit for an exam and you tell him missing script. You sure don't know the valuevof time, you think everybody have the luxury of time to go to VI? Mk i just reserve the anger i get for you MUMU.
...life is a choice,Mr. Ode. Adapt or perish, Methusela.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by pastorhen: 5:51am On Oct 28, 2015
Good morning house. Please i need assistance on how to get admission form for national open university. Have been told to go online to www.remita.net. But pls I need further information. Thanks
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 28, 2015
rumours:

It's so unfair and insensitive of you to refer to this issue as minor. Anyway it is said that when it is someone else's corpse, then it must be a log of wood. Somebody has articulated and pointed out an issue that has affected and is still affecting many today. And there you are trivializing it. It is right somebody will write exam and not see the result? Is it easy to study and write exam? NOUN should wake. There are Open Universities in other countries. Omotolu, not everyone have the time or resources to travel to VI Lagos to request for statement of result. In fact we need to take this matter beyond nairaland. It needs to go to the Radio. And it is a big ISSUE.

....while I was a student at N.O.U.N.(MBA), I had similar problem (I did not panic a sec). After officially notifying the study centre of my missing scores, I went to Victoria Island to complain. At V.I,my Statement of Result was printed out immediately featuring my missing scores. Go and do likewise. I repeat, this is so minor.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by joy4fa: 6:31am On Oct 28, 2015
pls for those studing law there better find ur way out ....Cos after spending money energy and time u will not go to law school is preposterous. ...I was in nls campus the day dg of nls made it known that open university will never come to nls....be warned!!!!!!!!!!
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by milky3(f): 6:36am On Oct 28, 2015
I have never experience such predicament ever since I started my program- I appreciate d fact that I Work and at d same time Learn
hopefully d management will work on their weaknesses.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by pastorhen: 6:45am On Oct 28, 2015
SOMEBODY PLS HELP
Good morning house. Please i need assistance on how to get admission form for national open university. Have been told to go online to www.remita.net. But pls I need further information. Thanks
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Achiles: 6:56am On Oct 28, 2015
Damalex4luv:
Stop this your complaints jare. Most of us that are graduates and have our ready made results don't have any job yet why most of you people in noun or what do they call it self have a good paying job. I don't even know how you people manage to get those jobs self without any result if not for the corruption that has embedded this country. Most of us that graduated with good results from reputable university are yet to get any job while you people come here to make some nonsense complaints. I swear I go vex for you shocked shocked shocked

You are so stupid Mr man. Is anyone responsible for your joblessness?
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by lifenajeje(m): 7:03am On Oct 28, 2015
pastorhen:
Go to a cyber cafe tell the attendant you want to generate a RRR from the site or do it yourself. You should state the institution you are paying to, what you are paying for and the amount.. Take the printout and go to a bank tell a staff you want to to do a remits transaction and you have generated the RRR which makes their job easy.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by nkemdi89(f): 7:36am On Oct 28, 2015
Hiploko:
shhhhhhhh dear!!! What is dis one saying? So the whole MBA class with 2 missing results (on the average. Someone has 5 missing) registered late abi don't know how to register courses. Did you go to any special skul dat others didn't go to to learn how to *properly* register courses? Go through the thread and see plenty people with similar complains. So for their image, we shud hurt our own future. Didn't u pay for course and exam registration? Is it free? I heard Law students had to sue the school authorities and the issues sharply was resolved. Be there doing image.
that's the problem with most of you like I said coming online to seek E-sympathy is not the panacea to your problem, most of us graduated from that school years back when things weren't as stabilise as now. if your Study center can't rectify it why not write to lagos? if this is a general issue affecting the whole MBA student the school is aware. missing script isn't applicable to only noun, even renowned institutions do have such issues.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Ndeewonu: 7:41am On Oct 28, 2015
EMMYB0Y:
haaaa. ..... thank God I have not enroll in that adult secondary school. .. maybe I will try ADJECTIVE... I heard they don't sell or miss result there

Please, correct your grammar. Nkem Owoh does not commit grammatical errors when he speaks--that is if you even realise you committed a blinder in your post!

Tomorrow you would come here to tell us you have a missing script!
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by samuelson06(m): 7:55am On Oct 28, 2015
pastorhen:
Good evening house. Please i need assistance on how to get the admission form for national open university. Have been told to go online to www.remita.net. But pls I need further information. Thanks

If you can't find it on remita, go to mumu.com. Idiot.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by pastorhen: 8:04am On Oct 28, 2015
@samuelson06 all I requested for was help there is no basis for the insult.
Thanks got some
Prospective and Old Students - New
Payment Process
For Payment of Fees for New and Current Students
click on the links below: New or
Prospective Students - [http://nou.edu.ng/page/
prospective] Current Students - [http://nou.edu.ng/
page/current-students-information-for-payment-of-
school-fees
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by holysaint1(m): 8:08am On Oct 28, 2015
gurunlocker:
NOUN Na school?
abi part of speech

i came... I saw... I SMD.. sad
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by DNA123(m): 8:19am On Oct 28, 2015
....while I was a student at N.O.U.N.(MBA), I had similar problem (I did not panic a sec). After officially notifying the study centre of my missing scores, I went to Victoria Island to complain. At V.I,my Statement of Result was printed out immediately featuring my missing scores. Go and do likewise. I repeat, this is so minor.

So, I should go all the way from Makurdi to veronica Island. Veronica Island ko, Elizerbeth Lake nii.

2 Likes

Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Khez: 8:35am On Oct 28, 2015
Please brother, is it possible i transfer my study center from lagos to the new place i got a job outside lagos

Like what happens if I'm schooling in lagos and finally have to move to abuja for my new job

What do i do?
richdaflux:
Let's assume I speak as an authority on this issue. As someone very close to management; its a known fact that, more often than not, students do the following (remember, its a fact, not an hearsay):
1. Students deliberately write the wrong Matric Number on their scripts, as soon as they realise they'll most likely fail the course.
2. The only thing that ties your result to you, is your matriculation number, which a lot of students refuse to write legibly. There are even cases where students completely forget to fill their details on their scripts.
3. One way to prove you actually took an exam, is signing the attendance register. Some students are often in a haste to leave the exam hall without signing out. If there's no proof you sat for an exam, how do you expect the management to trace your result/script?

The above is based on facts and proofs.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Khez: 8:38am On Oct 28, 2015
Bro what happens if my study center is in lagos, and i got a new job in abuja, how do i do that ?
Can it be transferred?
Hiploko:
This is a plague adversly affecting the students of the National Open University of Nigeria. I am left to worry if NOUN does it intentionally or are willingly attracting litigations to themselves.

All we hear about NOUN is missing results! Missing results!! Missing results!!! The irony is that you are told the results are released in batches and when you approach your Study center for rectification, there is little or nothing they can do other than for you to take the TMAs and exams again.

When you send mails to them, you get no response. This is sheer wickedness knowing that most NOUN students are workers who often times sneak out from work to write exams or are given little time by the organization to go write the exam.

Someone I know wrote 7 courses for MBA and only 2 results were released. The MBA batch currently in their 2nd semester has 2 results seized for all the students in a SC. I also read of someone re-writing 8 courses.

This dents the image of the school, adds more stress to the students, more cost incurred and a greater risk of abandoning the program.

NUC needs to be involved in this so that this ill will be checked and corrected.

Cc:Lalasticlala,ishlove
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Ndeewonu: 9:01am On Oct 28, 2015
DNA123:

So, I should go all the way from Makurdi to veronica Island. Veronica Island ko, Elizerbeth Lake nii.

Thank you, my brother. A lot of students are lazy and funny.
They don't read, don't write and expect miracles from miracles centers.
I heard a lot of them write wrong matrix numbers at the point of writing exams, when once they sense they don't know what to write.
This automatically places them on the missing script list!
Shame on our generation!
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by samuelson06(m): 9:11am On Oct 28, 2015
pastorhen:
@samuelson06 all I requested for was help there is no basis for the insult.
Thanks got some
Prospective and Old Students - New
Payment Process
For Payment of Fees for New and Current Students
click on the links below: New or
Prospective Students - [http://nou.edu.ng/page/
prospective] Current Students - [http://nou.edu.ng/
page/current-students-information-for-payment-of-
school-fees

Story. Help indeed!
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by freeman67: 9:34am On Oct 28, 2015
nkemdi89:
most times people will just come online with the complaint of a person and generalise it in order to get to get online attention or unnecessary sympathies. When you fail to follow on online instructions when registering courses or you register late what do you expect if you don't know the procedures involve why not contact a computer expert or someone who has a better idea or knowledge on how the system works. don't capitalise on you or someone ignorance to destroy the image of the institution because I can beat my chest and count a lot of people who graduated and who are still Justudent that are not experiencing what you accused the institution of. As a responsible individual I advise to seek for advise on how to go about it instead complaining, thereby giving some ignorant people a bad impression about the institution.
I will say those pple you know were lucky. I know more than 10 pple that did are still doing everything right without getting results.
The school is only interested in collecting more compulsory fees and more money on registering courses from missing results. And most of saying here saying there should stop complaining are just looking for ways to reap them off.

1 Like

Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Hiploko(m): 9:49am On Oct 28, 2015
Khez:
Bro what happens if my study center is in lagos, and i got a new job in abuja, how do i do that ?
Can it be transferred?
yes ... It is a very flexible school. People do it alot

1 Like

Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by icymaze(m): 10:05am On Oct 28, 2015
Am a victim of this missing Result, like four of my courses are missing. Was told to apply for the release of my missing result hv nt seen It yet.........I pray Allah help us all in NOUN
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Hiploko(m): 10:21am On Oct 28, 2015
icymaze:
Am a victim of this missing Result, like four of my courses are missing. Was told to apply for the release of my missing result hv nt seen It yet.........I pray Allah help us all in NOUN
it is a big problem
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Khez: 12:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
Hiploko:
yes ... It is a very flexible school. People do it alot

Thanks brother.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by rumours: 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
And why can't it be resolve from where I am? In this era of ICT! So I should abandon everything I am doing in Abuja - work, family, et al. and blindly enter VI Lagos. You tried o!
Omotolu:
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 28, 2015
rumours:

And why can't it be resolve from where I am? In this era of ICT! So I should abandon everything I am doing in Abuja - work, family, et al. and blindly enter VI Lagos. You tried o!
...you either wait till the University rectifies the error at its convenience or you visit the HQ in Victoria Island - the choice is yours.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Kazrem(m): 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
Omotolu:
Request for your statement of result at the Exam and Assessment Department, V.I.. The missing scores may likely not be missing. That's what I did while one of my courses was missing. You don't need to bring that minor issue to Nairaland. That is a minor issue.
How can one request for statement of result. Does it require any money? If yes how much?
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 28, 2015
nkemdi89:
most times people will just come online with the complaint of a person and generalise it in order to get to get online attention or unnecessary sympathies. When you fail to follow on online instructions when registering courses or you register late what do you expect if you don't know the procedures involve why not contact a computer expert or someone who has a better idea or knowledge on how the system works. don't capitalise on you or someone ignorance to destroy the image of the institution because I can beat my chest and count a lot of people who graduated and who are still student that are not experiencing what you accused the institution of. As a responsible individual I advise to seek for advise on how to go about it instead complaining, thereby giving some ignorant people a bad impression about the institution.

Your post is as stupid as you sound. What rubbish online instructions are you talking about? What has it got to do with release of results? I can also provide you people who have abandoned this programme cos of result issues (trust me I won't beat my chest cos am not a coward). Some people are working on taking the institution up in court soon so chill and don't come online and rant rubbish.

1 Like

Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by nkemdi89(f): 11:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
ejibaba:

Your post is as stupid as you sound. What rubbish online instructions are you talking about? What has it got to do with release of results? I can also provide you people who have abandoned this programme cos of result issues (trust me I won't beat my chest cos am not a coward). Some people are working on taking the institution up in court soon so chill and don't come online and rant rubbish.
you sound pained, hurt, battered, frustrated and dejected. I never in my post abused or ridiculed anyone just giving a palliative measure to the issue. Sorry you just got burnt cos I don't fall into the categories of E- low lives who derives comfort in insulting people online .
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by rumours: 4:49am On Oct 29, 2015
You that reside in Lagos, when next you are chanced to be at NOUN Ahmadu Bello Way, VI. Kindly add your voice. Encourage them to improve their processes and procedures to make life a little easy for people in remote locations. The resolution of your issue in Lagos is possible in other places and at the same speed. That is my point. People are suffering. I had that issue in the past - two missing results. I sent email, raised the issue on hard copy, visited study centre, etc. All to no avail. The easy advice in everyone's month was register the course again. Let us stop encouraging these noticeable anomalies. Other countries have overcomed them. And youths like you (I suppose you are a youth) should not be justifying mediocrity and calling non-issue. NOUN should stop punishing people. Until they face litigation one day and pay true their nose.

Omotolu:
...you either wait till the University rectifies the error at its convenience or you visit the HQ in Victoria Island - the choice is yours.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 29, 2015
Kazrem:

How can one request for statement of result. Does it require any money? If yes how much?
...Statement of result is freely given. Just go to Exam and Assessment Department in Victoria Island. The process is easy. The timing of waiting is relatively within short minutes....
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Nobody: 5:27am On Oct 29, 2015
rumours:
You that reside in Lagos, when next you are chanced to be at NOUN Ahmadu Bello Way, VI. Kindly add your voice. Encourage them to improve their processes and procedures to make life a little easy for people in remote locations. The resolution of your issue in Lagos is possible in other places and at the same speed. That is my point. People are suffering. I had that issue in the past - two missing results. I sent email, raised the issue on hard copy, visited study centre, etc. All to no avail. The easy advice in everyone's month was register the course again. Let us stop encouraging these noticeable anomalies. Other countries have overcomed them. And youths like you (I suppose you are a youth) should not be justifying mediocrity and calling non-issue. NOUN should stop punishing people. Until they face litigation one day and pay true their nose.

...anyway, I am a graduate of the University. I have told you the way out. The choice is yours.
Re: MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. by Hiploko(m): 7:50am On Oct 29, 2015
nkemdi89:
you sound pained, hurt, battered, frustrated and dejected. I never in my post abused or ridiculed anyone just giving a palliative measure to the issue. Sorry you just got burnt cos I don't fall into the categories of E- low lives who derives comfort in insulting people online .
shhhhhh there and get inside the house

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. / Requirements To Study Accounting. / SSANU, NASU To Begin 14-Day Nationwide Warning Strike On October 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.