Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,119 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All (6977 Views)

Samsung Once Again Mocked Apple Iphone X With New Hilarious Video / #opinion Poll# How Blackberry Users Will Miss Whatsapp As It Ends This Midnight / How To Flash Your Android Phone Free Without Going To Engineers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by tomiobj(m): 4:58am On Nov 01, 2015
Panshow:
The best bet for blackberry is to ditch their OS and go fully for Android. I'm sure this BB Priv will be a major determinant on how BB as a company will fare in the nearest future.
Berra don't say rubbish

Bb10 os for lyf

1 Like

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Panshow(m): 7:11am On Nov 01, 2015
tomiobj:
Berra don't say rubbish

Bb10 os for lyf
Where's BB 10 today in the scheme of things?. And if BB 10 was successful, why would they want to produce an Android device?.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by tomiobj(m): 7:43am On Nov 01, 2015
Panshow:

Where's BB 10 today in the scheme of things?. And if BB 10 was successful, why would they want to produce an Android device?.

Blackberry 10 os is targeted towards a small number of people who wants a productive phone. The us president and pentagon officials all use blackberry's. BlackBerry 10 os is very popular in some regions ie Indonesia. Singapore. They are making an android phone in order to increase their customer base

Just like how fanta made an apple flavor of their drink
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by ValerianSteel(m): 7:58am On Nov 01, 2015
I can't wait to buy it.Its a very promising mobile.
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Panshow(m): 8:46am On Nov 01, 2015
tomiobj:

Blackberry 10 os is targeted towards a small number of people who wants a productive phone. The us president and pentagon officials all use blackberry's. BlackBerry 10 os is very popular in some regions ie Indonesia. Singapore. They are making an android phone in order to increase their customer base

Just like how fanta made an apple flavor of their drink
While I quite agree with you that they are moving towards Android in order to increase their customer base, the grand plan is far beyond that. Blackberry are moving towards Android mainly because their OS is not appealing to a wider audience. No mobile manufacturer will spend huge on coming out with an OS just to benefit a small number of people . I mean, they all want to grow, they need more people to patronize them. So if you say BB 10 OS is mainly for a small number of people then I'll quite disagree with you. The reason why BB 10 OS is not so popular is simply because, it fall short of Expectations. As a matter of fact, that's why they (BlackBerry) are going the Android way.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Collinz2(m): 9:13am On Nov 01, 2015
xda dev will sure break this bb priv.
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Panshow(m): 9:47am On Nov 01, 2015
tomiobj:

BlackBerry 10 os is very popular in some regions ie Indonesia. Singapore.
This is not true. Android is Indonesia's most widely used OS and held a market share of around 60%. BlackBerry owns just about 12% of the market share. See it for yourself here
And for Singapore. I wouldn't say much. You can see it below.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by tomiobj(m): 9:48am On Nov 01, 2015
Panshow:

While I quite agree with you that they are moving towards Android in order to increase their customer base, the grand plan is far beyond that. Blackberry are moving towards Android mainly because their OS is not appealing to a wider audience. No mobile manufacturer will spend huge on coming out with an OS just to benefit a small number of people . I mean, they all want to grow, they need more people to patronize them. So if you say BB 10 OS is mainly for a small number of people then I'll quite disagree with you. The reason why BB 10 OS is not so popular is simply because, it fall short of Expectations. As a matter of fact, that's why they (BlackBerry) are going the Android way.
the reason BlackBerry 10 os is not popular is because of the limited number of apps. They tried to address the issue by allowing BlackBerry users to install apk's. And introducing the amazon appstore. But apparently. It wasn't enough. So they made the Priv.and they said 'the combination of android apps + protection from bb' it might nt be the exact phrase. But aside from the lack of apps. BlackBerry 10 is a perfect mobile os
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by Panshow(m): 10:23am On Nov 01, 2015
tomiobj:
the reason BlackBerry 10 os is not popular is because of the limited number of apps. They tried to address the issue by allowing BlackBerry users to install apk's. And introducing the amazon appstore. But apparently. It wasn't enough. So they made the Priv.and they said 'the combination of android apps + protection from bb' it might nt be the exact phrase. But aside from the lack of apps. BlackBerry 10 is a perfect mobile os
These are apparently more reasons why BB 10 is not popular.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by HyDef(m): 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
Why is it that Blackberry releases an Android phone and everyone jumps up to start discussing how they'll soon overthrow Samsung? Yeah... I don't think so.

Nokia switched to Android, but that was a mess. Hot mess.

You'll say, Blackberry is different, yeah. The only thing they have is added security. Everyone wants that, but not everyone will grab the Priv because of that. I wouldn't.

More likely to take over Samsung would be Chinese OEMs. Xiaomi, Meizu. Why? Because they are innovative and give you amazing bang for buck.

And Blackberry will almost never have competitive enough prices to push Samsung anywhere. Let's stop basking in the past glory of the Blackberry expecting it to claim a position it relinquished years ago.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by tomiobj(m): 2:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
Panshow:

These are apparently more reasons why BB 10 is not popular.
. It is has been praised for its messages and mail management system, multi-tasking ,gestures etc

Like I said before. BlackBerry 10 os is a perfect mobile os. (excluding limited applications)
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by tomiobj(m): 2:12pm On Nov 01, 2015
Panshow:

This is not true. Android is Indonesia's most widely used OS and held a market share of around 60%. BlackBerry owns just about 12% of the market share. See it for yourself here
And for Singapore. I wouldn't say much. You can see it below.

BlackBerry 10 makes the most sales in the countries I mentioned. And 12% is still a large number as most people own multiple android devices
Re: This Is How Blackberry Is Going To Dislodge Samsung Once And For All by tomiobj(m): 2:25pm On Nov 01, 2015
Panshow:
The best bet for blackberry is to ditch their OS and go fully for Android. I'm sure this BB Priv will be a major determinant on how BB as a company will fare in the nearest future.
. Ditch kini? Don't let me vex here oooooooooooooooooooo. There is no other os I can use xcept BlackBerry os. (same goes for the other millions of BlackBerry 10 os fanns)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Xhamster Video Downloader Apk Latest Version For Android / Telegram App Is Now Haven Of Scammers / NCC Fixes April-22 For Mobile-Number Portability Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.