Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP (2375 Views)

Wike Is The Worst Governor Rivers Has ever Seen – APC Slams PDP / 2015 Election: Jonathan Should Have Sacked Partisan Jega – Okupe / Ex-akwa Ibom Governor, Attah Quits Partisan Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
A former governor of Akwa Ibom State and
founding member of the Peoples Democratic
Party, Victor Attah, has announced his
retirement from partisan politics.
Mr. Attah, a member of PDP Board of
Trustees, on Tuesday announced at a press
conference in Uyo, the state capital, that he
would be playing the role of an elder
statesman to “continue to serve this country
with love, strength, and faith”.
Although it was not expressly stated, it
appeared Mr. Attah was quitting the PDP to
enable him mobilise support across party lines
for the All Progressives Congress in Akwa
Ibom whenever there would be a rerun of the
governorship election in the state.
The Akwa Ibom Governorship Election
Tribunal recently nullified the April 11
governorship election in 18 out of 31 local
government areas in the state, and ordered a
rerun.
Mr. Attah hailed the judgment as an indication
that Akwa Ibom closer to being liberated.
“What I had always wanted is beginning to
come into focus,” he said.
Mr. Attah, who will be 70 years old on
November 20, made reference to comments by
the spokesperson of the PDP, Olisa Metuh,
who said the former governor could not
remain a member of the party while making
“utterances for PDP to fail”.
“This reminded me of the story of a man who
had chosen to live a sinful life,” he said of the
comments. “But there was a pastor who had
consistently preached against the man’s way
of life and had warned that unless he
repented, he risked going to hell. When finally
the man died and found himself in hell, of
course he put all the blame on the pastor’s
utterances rather than on his sinfulness.
“Indeed I made utterances and I stand by all
of them including those ones which I was,
from time to time, accused of anti-party
activities. The tragedy for the PDP is to now
blame its failure on such utterances rather
than its perilous refusal to heed the warning
they convey,” Mr. Attah said.
He accused the PDP of not sticking to the
ideals of democracy, and said for the party to
bounce back it must stop looking for who to
blame, and reorder its ways along the aims
and ideals of its founding fathers.
“Who does not know that you only conduct
election to fill a vacancy. But the PDP would
start by announcing that there is no vacancy.
Then it would offer ‘automatic tickets’ to a set
of people. What manner of democracy!”
Mr. Attah also made reference to a
controversial remark his successor, Godswill
Akpabio, who said in January that it was his
wife, Unoma Akpabio, that “discovered” the
then secretary to Akwa Ibom State
government, Udom Emmanuel, who later
succeeded Mr. Akpabio as governor on May
“Can the national publicity secretary of PDP,
an eminent member of the National Working
Committee that he is, point to anything in the
constitution of the PDP that suggests that it is
the wife of an incumbent governor that
should nominate her husband’s successor,
and having been so nominated, that the party
should put its full weight behind the
incumbent governor to impose the nominee
on the state as his successor?” he asked.
Mr. Attah described the eight years of Mr.
Akpabio’s tenure as “eight locust years”.
A former deputy governor of the state, Nsima
Ekere, former national vice chairman of PDP,
South South, Edet Mkpubre, and former
chairman of PDP, Akwa Ibom State, Otu Ita
Toyo were among the politicians who
attended the press conference to show
solidarity with the former governor.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/192234-ex-gov-attah-quits-partisan-politics-slams-pdp.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
In David Mark's voice: Feather Weight Politicians.
Anyway... none of my business!
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by luvinhubby(m): 8:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
Is it not this same Obong Attah that wasted 8 precious years of Akwa Ibom people as a governor without direction.

Politicians sef. !

2 Likes

Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by DeviIhimself: 8:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
Who's Attah and how does this stop udom from winning Umana again

2 Likes

Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by nigerianvenom(m): 8:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
Who is attah?
A failed political warlord who tried to super imposed his son inlaw on we the akwa ibomite, but we vehemently refused, rejected and pushed him and son inlaw to the waste bin, we are glad we did that.
Since attah failed in his plot to imposed his son inlaw on us, he has always been against any positive development that emanates from akwa ibom.
This man isnt an elder stateman, not at all.
Him alongside don etiebiet, the late ime umana and co were enemies of akwa ibom.
TonyeBarcanista, ibokUtoroh, gboliwe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2015
Cc: NextGen PDP
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by BlackrulesDworld(m): 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
Attah there is no room for you in APC and if at all they let you in you will be a slave to the less human fulani/hausa men.

1 Like

Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by Mogidi: 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
kk
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by EdCure: 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
Way to go, Attah. Though you have a chequered record, best way to be a statesman and to enjoy much credibility is to quit partisan politics and be a father for all.

This is what Adams Oshiomole has been sounding to the ears of Pa Osaigbovo Ogbemudia. But the old man wouldn't listen. He seems to be more comfortable with going to his grave with the dirty cloak of PDP wrapped around his body.

1 Like

Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
Wait, he called Akpabio's tenure 8 locust years? old man where is your honour?
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by kodded(m): 9:09pm On Oct 27, 2015
undecided

attah that made akwa ibom look like the poorest state in the country eventho they had oil

thank God akpabio came on board

undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:23pm On Oct 27, 2015
nigerianvenom:
Who is attah?
A failed political warlord who tried to super imposed his son inlaw on we the akwa ibomite, but we vehemently refused, rejected and pushed him and son inlaw to the waste bin, we are glad we did that.
Since attah failed in his plot to imposed his son inlaw on us, he has always been against any positive development that emanates from akwa ibom.
This man isnt an elder stateman, not at all.
Him alongside don etiebiet, the late ime umana and co were enemies of akwa ibom.
TonyeBarcanista, ibokUtoroh, gboliwe

bros howfar?
attah has leprous hand, if u want to fail in any election just go and meet him, once he lift ur hand u don fail no matter who contest with thay person.
attah is like the biblical ham, a servant of servants. can u imagine someone who was a govr now becoming a boy to his commissioner?
don etiebiet's own is like the biblical nebuchadnezzer, the hand writing on the wall is crystal clear and this time around it isnt mem mene tekel, but don ur time of suffering has come. so I pray more of them leave the political scene so we young and bright star will take up the building of our dear state.
udom is right, etang ekak!
doko amo ke etang ekak, udom ade governor ajid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2015
I can categorically tell u that even attah's kinsmen had long ago abandoned and spit on him.
that man was just been recognised one of the govr in the state, outside that the old man career died before it was struck by huricane AKPABIO!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2015
Obong Attah is an expired politician. Good riddance

2 Likes

Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by nigerianvenom(m): 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

bros howfar?
attah has leprous hand, if u want to fail in any election just go and meet him, once he lift ur hand u don fail no matter who contest with thay person.
attah is like the biblical ham, a servant of servants. can u imagine someone who was a govr now becoming a boy to his commissioner?
don etiebiet's own is like the biblical nebuchadnezzer, the hand writing on the wall is crystal clear and this time around it isnt mem mene tekel, but don ur time of suffering has come. so I pray more of them leave the political scene so we young and bright star will take up the building of our dear state.
udom is right, etang ekak!
doko amo ke etang ekak, udom ade governor ajid.
Ibokyy, i deh respect u die.
I couldn't laugh this alone, i had to show my friend who visited me and we both bust into laugh. We are still laughing.

@Attah is now a servant to his mere commissioner.
Don etibiet is just like the biblical nebuchadnezzar.
Its a pity when such men calls themselves "elderstatemen"
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by nigerianvenom(m): 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Wait, he called Akpabio's tenure 8 locust years? old man where is your honour?

Attah wasn't a good leader. Infact he was just top bad. Thank God for akpabio.
He isnt an elderstateman, not at all
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
nigerianvenom:

I couldn't laugh this alone, i had to show my friend who visited me and we both bust into laugh. We are still laughing.

Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
nigerianvenom:

mmodo mba nte rev fada francis mbaba

1 Like

Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by blazetitov: 10:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
Interesting. Me too when I retire from whatever, I will automatically become an elder statesman!
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by Okanokan(m): 10:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Obong Attah is an expired politician. Good riddance

that's good news! But he has to answer the questions and accusation raised by Steve Masiya of Econet. We are also hoping that others mentioned would also do likewise.
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by Warlord3000(m): 10:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
Stateman my a$$
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by WisdomTank: 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2015
PDP is undoubtedly and irreversibly sliding to extinction.

What a meteoric fall from grace to grass? Largest party in Africa to Regional party.

Should APC win Akwa Ibom, River's rerun, and Bayelsa then we should start planning for PDP's burial rites.
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by lawkie77(m): 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2015
people dat got thier info on the page of newspaper will speak more than the insider,and the will ask question like 'wHO IS ATTAH',attah undoing was is refusal to buy popularity,unlike dat oyster,apart frm the stadium which was subsidez by jonathan,can any one point somthing else which was build frm the scratch dat is function with over 2trillion in revenue for eight year,..Attah should take a bow cos we knw those dat matter to us in akwa abasi ibom state,,nkan na mbòng mkpö
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by meezynetwork(m): 10:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
Is it not the same attah that is wanted by the metropolitan police in uk concerning the corruption scandal in the Econet deal? He shouldn't stain Apc jor
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by happney65: 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2015
meezynetwork:
Is it not the same attah that is wanted by the metropolitan police in uk concerning the corruption scandal in the Econet deal? He shouldn't stain Apc jor

But Atiku is also wanted in the U.S as per the Halliburton Scandal.Isnt it?
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 27, 2015
@Op, you wrote rubbish.

Before Governorship Election in AKS, Victor Attah and some members of PDP who knew they're no more needed left PDP to APC.

At that juncture, APC state chairmans stated that he and his members were not needed as there's no place for them.

This happened, 4 days after APC won Presidential election.

Obong Victor Attah, remained an expired Politician in Akwa Abasi Ibom State.

He became an expired politician, the day some factions of PDP/APC organized a welcome for him at Ibom Hall,Uyo. State Diginateries were not there at all.

AkwaIbom State remained my 2nd home because ofUncommon Transformations.

1 Like

Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
The 3rd picture here is one of the villages in AKS..... But can you see that quality road done?

Its Uncommon Transformation.

If Attah, opens his mouth again to rubbish Akpabio's 8. Years...I would post another different 10 pictures of uncommon transformation.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by Gboliwe: 4:39am On Oct 28, 2015
lawkie77:
people dat got thier info on the page of newspaper will speak more than the insider,and the will ask question like 'wHO IS ATTAH',attah undoing was is refusal to buy popularity,unlike dat oyster,apart frm the stadium which was subsidez by jonathan,can any one point somthing else which was build frm the scratch dat is function with over 2trillion in revenue for eight year,..Attah should take a bow cos we knw those dat matter to us in akwa abasi ibom state,,nkan na mbòng mkpö

Every Akwaibomite at home or in diaspora, irrespective of where you are from in any of the 31 local governments that make up the state, no matter how evil minded the individual is, every single one of you should take up a thanksgiving offering to God and thank God for the gift of Obong Godswill Akpabio as a one-time governor in the state.

Akpabio changed AKS so much today that even the social media can witness a surge in Akwaibomites.
Previously, the entire country had this stereotype of Akwaibomites as either witches or cooks/houseboy. I don't mean no disrespect but that was how you were viewed. It was so bad that those who tried to be something will hide under the cover of coming from or being "Calabar" or "Abian". It was that bad. Even the educational sector had AKS listed along with Bayelsa and the northern states as educationally backward.

That changed for good. Today, you can come on nairaland and proudly say you are from Akwaibom state, you couldn't do this as recently as 2010. This is something the people of Ebonyi state are yearning for. Tomorrow, if God uses this governor to uplift them, they should never ever misyarn.

The stadium you mock is one of the reasons AKS will host many visitors in time to come and rake in profit from that. That was one of the reasons Calabar/CRS was in spotlight.

1 Like

Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by Opinedecandid(m): 4:43am On Oct 28, 2015
...and extols Apc, abi?
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by Opinedecandid(m): 4:51am On Oct 28, 2015
lawkie77:

Bro, you are ambiguous, be frank and matter-of-factly so readers can understand you
. What stadium was subsidised by Jonathan?
Re: Ex-gov. Attah Quits Partisan Politics, Slams PDP by thomasthomas: 5:42am On Oct 28, 2015
I have taken time to read the comments above me except for one or two, others are from the so called silly and foolish youths who were toddlers when Obong Attah was governor or lived outside the state then or there were beneficiaries of Akpabio's locust years who see nothing right in Obong Attah administration.

Imagine the fools asking who is Obong Attah, funny enough the stupid guy posting pictures of Ibom Plaza in Uyo doesn't know it was built by Obong Attah, same with Nwaniba road. When I read comments from the so called youths, I see how silly they are! There is no objectivity in their arguments, there's is no creativity in their reasoning and there is analysis in their thinking.

Attah achieved so much yet he did not spend billions to broadcast and tell the whole world what he did and being that in 1999/2000, we just beginning to have GSM not even internet the silly youths did not have information of his achievements and since they hardly read, they will not care to go through government magazines at that time to see what government was doing.

How many roads were dualized in Uyo if Obong Attah did nothing. Uyo as at 1999 had just three dualized roads (Ikot Ekpene road, IBB Way and Udo Udoma Avenue) if I'm not mistaken.

Dualized roads built by Obong Attah in Uyo include: Atiku Abubakar, Abak Road, Nwaniba Road, Oron Road, Edet Akpan Avenue, Nsikak Eduok Avenue and other roads. Mine you some of these roads were not in existence as he built them after drawing the Master Plan for Uyo being an internationally known Architect!

I am sure kids with internet service today do not know anything about the onshore and offshore dichotomy in 2002/2003, they were probably in Primary one then.

It's a very foolish statement to call an elder Old man; don't we wish to get old someday? The youths of this generation are fools!

The so called 'old men' will continue to rule and lead the foolish youths until they have sense.

Akpabio's tenure was full of window dressing with so much media hype and little paperwork because reasoning like the youths who doesn't like institutionalised governance, he was able to hoodwink the gullible unreasonable silly youths!

Udom is finding it really difficult hitting the ground running because he cannot find anything to work with from Akpabio's administration!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Innoson Keeps Our Jets In Operation Against Boko Haram- Chief Of Air Staff / Dangote To Generate 12,000 Megawatts For Nigeria / Enugu Massacre: Let Us Declare Six Zones Sovereign Countries - Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.