Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression (17106 Views)

Dear Job Seeker, I Have A Proposition For You / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / Dear Job Seeker, Is Your Computer Literacy Enough? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by Dahveydson(m): 10:41am On Oct 28, 2015
As I write this, I consider it a message to myself and also to fellow job seekers on Nairaland.

I can't count how many times I check my inbox and spam in day, and think - "why have I not been contacted?" - "when will they contact me?" and other related questions. I know many are like me, with this same behaviour and thoughts, but my advice today is don't think yourself into depression. It's definitely not a good place to be.

Let me make this short, To avoid depression and frustration in this job seeking business, engage your mind on a daily basis, learning something new, whether it's a skill or an online course.

Read, dear job seeker, you have to read, read books that keep your mind alive and gets you thinking, I am not talking about motivational books here, unless it's what you fancy, but read, it's a must.

Lastly, refresh your skills and knowledge daily, whether it's writing, communication, leadership, any skill you have, Please do refresh these skills and always put them out there.

PS: Nowadays, employers call for aptitude test first so you might want to pick up GMAT and get accustomed to it. I recently attended an aptitude test and the numerical reasoning part gave me headaches, I studied political science so it's been a long time since I solved ratios, percentages and all.

Feel free to add your experience and tips to what I already stated.
Thanks For Reading.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by ambassadorgozie(m): 10:56am On Oct 28, 2015
Same here dear.. Its very bad to be jobless I can't believe dat am jobless upon my qualifications
Am learning french language to keep mysef busy
God pls bless our hustle

24 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by Mogenerous(f): 11:04am On Oct 28, 2015
All is well... Life after NYSC is seem overrated already... God help me

6 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by Dahveydson(m): 11:10am On Oct 28, 2015
ambassadorgozie:
Same here dear.. Its very bad to be jobless
I can't believe dat am jobless upon my qualifications

God pls bless our hustle

These days qualifications are not enough. Just keep applying and trying at it. Great move with the french language!

God bless our hustle (Amen)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by Dahveydson(m): 11:10am On Oct 28, 2015
Mogenerous:
All is well... Life after NYSC is seem overrated already... God help me

The deal is not to give up on yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:14am On Oct 28, 2015
Dahveydson:

These days qualifications are not enough. Just keep applying and trying at it. Great move with the french language!

God bless our hustle (Amen)

By God's grace we will get there, whether devil and scammers want it or not

3 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by Talie2kiss(f): 11:21am On Oct 28, 2015
is not all about getting a job.
when praying ask God to give u a good job, in my own case am employed but i feel more depressed than someone who isnt working... imagine u being employed as an accountant then made to be a sales assistant from there to being a full time marketer with target set. Sometimes i feel like quitting; going to work every morning with a burdened filled heart not only that, asking me to start coming to a new branch very far from my house without prior notice or additional pay to work as a marketer which i never imagined of. But what can i do?

18 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 28, 2015
Life after service is really something else when one is yet to find something doing.... When I see students I reflect back on how wonderful life use to be.... cry but it's all gone now and one has to face the realities of naija.

Worst still I had an interview recently the 3rd stage out of maybe 4 or 5.... What I experienced I pray no job seeker passes through it.... An issue with a different address on my CV and the one I wrote in the applicant's form got the ED disinterested in me... She even said that I was lying when I was trying to explain something to her at a point..... I latter found myself inside the rest room trying to really grasp what happened. I wished what I experienced never happened because it really broke my spirit.
It's so sad what life Is here.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by temi4fash(m): 11:30am On Oct 28, 2015
Bubewilson:
Life after service is really something else when one is yet to find something doing.... When I see students I reflect back on how wonderful life use to be.... cry but it's all gone now and one has to face the realities of naija.

Worst still I had an interview recently the 3rd stage out of maybe 4 or 5.... What I experienced I pray no job seeker passes through it.... An issue with a different address on my CV and the one I wrote in the applicant's form got the ED disinterested in me... She even said that I was lying when I was trying to explain something to her at a point..... I latter found myself inside the rest room trying to really grasp what happened. I wished what I experienced never happened because it really broke my spirit.

Bro...... life after service is not beans.. you now realise you had money in school than you have now...

Don't give up... Continue to push forward and again make your informations are always the same to avoid stories that touch

7 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:34am On Oct 28, 2015
Bubewilson:

Its well even in the well
Da lord is wit u

3 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by Dahveydson(m): 11:50am On Oct 28, 2015
Talie2kiss:
when praying ask God to give u a good job, in my own case am employed but i feel more depressed than someone who isnt working... imagine u being employed as an accountant then made to be a sales assistant from there to being a full time marketer with target set. Sometimes i feel like quitting; going to work every morning with a burdened filled heart not only that, asking me to start coming to a new branch very far from my house without prior notice or additional pay to work as a marketer which i never imagined of. But what can i do?
Wow. The pain I felt while reading this though. I don't even know what to stay.

Ok, stay strong, see it as an experience towards a better job and keep applying for jobs that suit your preference.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by Dahveydson(m): 11:53am On Oct 28, 2015
Bubewilson:

This is heart-breaking. It really is.

1 Like

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by damton(m): 12:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
Depression is putting it mildly. if one should ponder on this unfortunate situation, one might be tempted to commit(God forbid) suicide. God help us

9 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
great...truth is that there are no jobs outside.

even NGO jobs seem to be flooding the market with their uncertain and temporal nature..imagine adverts for jobs in Yobe, Adamawa and Borno states respectively.

my recommendation is to follow up on friends and colleagues that are working...not to beg them for money but to inquire about opportunities.

again my grouse with Jonathan was that he had the opportunity to fix the country but he looked elsewhere.

another approach is to develop oneself more, nothing stops you from advancing your education and meet a different set of individuals with different perspectives to life.

you can engage in teaching lower classes.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by halix239(f): 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
not yet a graduate, still a liability, thread not for me, otta here i go
Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by Miracle4Sure: 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
It is well oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by teepsee(f): 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
They yaf hear.
Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 28, 2015
Dahveydson:
As I write this, I consider it a message to myself and also to fellow job seekers on Nairaland.

I can't count how many times I check my inbox and spam in day, and think - "why have I not been contacted?" - "when will they contact me?" and other related questions. I know many are like me, with this same behaviour and thoughts, but my advice today is don't think yourself into depression. It's definitely not a good place to be.

Let me make this short, To avoid depression and frustration in this job seeking business, engage your mind on a daily basis, learning something new, whether it's a skill or an online course.

Read, dear job seeker, you have to read, read books that keep your mind alive and gets you thinking, I am not talking about motivational books here, unless it's what you fancy, but read, it's a must.

Lastly, refresh your skills and knowledge daily, whether it's writing, communication, leadership, any skill you have, Please do refresh these skills and always put them out there.

PS: Nowadays, employers call for aptitude test first so you might want to pick up GMAT and get accustomed to it. I recently attended an aptitude test and the numerical reasoning part gave me headaches, I studied political science so it's been a long time since I solved ratios, percentages and all.

Feel free to add your experience and tips to what I already stated.
Thanks For Reading.
is not all about seeking jobs now and then.

I was once jobless but now I'm a farmer wink

8 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by Amack(m): 12:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
Self employed. Is the best way to be a Nigeria. Most bankers have developed heart attack over the fear of tomorrow. Will I be sack or not? How will my children feed and go to school if I get sacked tomorrow. Always pray, work hard and God will bless your effort.

6 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by raayah(f): 12:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
Easy to say, hard to do.

When you keep getting rejection e-mails everyday, It's common to start blaming yourself and sink into depression. It's extremely frustrating to be unemployed or having no funds to start a business.

6 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by jamex93(m): 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
True talk

Sometimes I wish have d capital to set up something

But the truth is

Am not moved at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by positivec(f): 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
(@ambassadorgozie)Same here dear.. Its very bad to be jobless
I can't believe dat am jobless upon my qualifications

God pls bless our hustle
[Please , I also need someone to help me with French. I want to continue from where I stopped.]

1 Like

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by JayRise(m): 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
truth be told, joblessness is not be absence of a job, but the lack of engagement in useful and profitable activities. Think my friend!

MUST READ
5 types of men every woman should avoid(love messages)
Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by sanmibukunmi: 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2015
I am trying to read some books.... but i have ran out of money buying books. life can be mean at times. at times it feels like we went to school for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by joeace2020(m): 12:13pm On Oct 28, 2015
Just look at the depressing stories of Job seekers and even those with jobs on this thread. Is it not obvious?

[b]
Come to my thread and learn how to join fiverr and offfer Hot, In-demand Services as well as develop the skills needed not only to make money monthly working online on fiverr but offline as a skill you can start a business with or use to boost your resume and job chances.

Stories like this drives me crazy and angry, it tells me how deficient in life changing information we graduates are. I can't believe people still have to pursue employers like this, wake up Nigerian youths, wake up. You visit the job vacancies section more than the business and you complain of depression. We are the architects of our problems. I have directed tons of ppl to my thread, but skepticism and The ppor mans mindset of passing over opportunities repeatedly has kept people from making that move. Here i am advertising it, somewhere money is entering my account from fiverr, money comes in through arbitrage, moneys comes in through music. You guys better wake up cuz i am incensed right now

There are very easy ways of making it through the internet, you just have to find the safest and surest way, and this one beckons. follow me now...

The Nairaland Fiverr Free Training Thread[/b]

1 Like

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by harsysky(m): 12:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
Talie2kiss:

AtLeast, it kEeps you busy. I'm not saying this , because I understand your plight. Trust me, you're exposed to so many great opportunities leaving your home everyday than someone who stays at home doing nothing. I pray something better than ur present job comes ur way and every other jobseekers.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
Thats your plight in a picture.
Its all about getting rich. No real desire for anything we ever studied in school.

1 Like

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
raayah:
Easy to say, hard to do.

When you keep getting rejection e-mails everyday, It's common to start blaming yourself and sink into depression. It's extremely frustrating to be unemployed or having no funds to start a business.

I'm already tired of staying @home, I feel like getting married

2 Likes

Hunting for job ain't a bad idea, But there are so many ways one can be self employed

There are so many business one can start with little capital.. Laundry (dry cleaner) is one of them.. it is well

2 Likes

Re: Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2015
true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Boss Fined Me 10k For An Assignment On Sunday / FG May Replace Unverified NPOWER Beneficiaries Says Presidency / Thread For Those Who Registered For N-Power Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.