Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,715 members, 7,802,162 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

In Nigeria Too! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Nigeria Too! (1193 Views)

Is Nigeria Too Big For A Blackman To Rule? / Nigeria Too Big To Fail — Rwandan President / We Need Newspapers Like 234next In Nigeria. Too Much Is At Stake. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Nigeria Too! by lewa(m): 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2006
When I read this piece I was of the article but you could go in disbelief, it looked as a script from a Ludlum or better still a Forsyth. Interesting, yet not on BBC or CNN.Website is www.dailytrust.com
Court remands 3 expatriates, others over espionage
By Ruby Rabiu
Three foreigners accused of espionage were yesterday remanded in prison by a federal high court, sitting in Abuja.
Three Ministry of Defence employees were also charged for giving out state secrets.
The six accused persons, Vincent Mattew Shigrut aged 39, Godwin Aboh alias Omeje, 47, Samuel Okogie 35, Rom-anian Bogdam Dumitrescu aged 50, Israeli Eliav Hom-massany 46 and Irishman, James Nolan, 40, who were docked on a 12 count charge of procuring, producing and retaining “security materials”.
They all pleaded not guilty.
The Europeans allegedly bribed the Ministry of Defe-nce staff to pass information to them.
It was not revealed in court what the information was. It was only said to refer to a “protected place” and was “prejudicial to the security of Nigeria”.
Justice Binta Murtala Nyako refused to entertain any bail applications from counsels to the six accused persons and remanded the suspects in prison custody pending when their bail application will be brought by way of a motion on notice.
The judge however, adjo-urned the case to November 21, for trial.

I can’t seem to copy the remainder of the article but you could go the website
Re: In Nigeria Too! by lewa(m): 2:58pm On Oct 12, 2006
Sorry the opening should be-when i read this piece i was in disbelief- my bad
Re: In Nigeria Too! by Chxta(m): 5:16pm On Oct 12, 2006
http://chxta..com/2006/10/russia-is-spying-on-naija.html

The gist is at least 72 hours old, and I concur with what Azuka wrote on my blog. . .

(1) (Reply)

Jerry And Ngozi In Aso Rock(2007)! / A Divided House Of Uba? / EFCC To Arraign Two (Sam Egwu and George Akume) More Ex-govs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.