Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,081 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:32 AM

Why Is Nigeria Not Working? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Nigeria Not Working? (15012 Views)

Analysis - Buhari Win Means Nigeria, Not Chad, To Lead Boko Haram Fight / Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by Onlytruth(m): 11:42pm On Jul 16, 2009
Nigeria is not working because there is too much wickedness and hatred. A whole nation has forgotten that about 40 years ago, 2 million "fellow Nigerians" were killed between 1967 and 1970. You can go to youtube.com to view the videos of Biafran war. Someone in the video ( I suspect a calabar guy) told a newsman that he was leaving Lagos after 15 years because his safety could not be guaranteed. That was in 1967! The thing repeated itself during the Abiola crisis in 1994. I don't want to count how many people that died in "northern riots" since the end of the war. I think the question should be, why are some tribes in Nigeria always quick to shed innocent blood? and how can such tribes pretend to share nationhood with their victims? Someone from the north recently called for (by implication) killing of 20 million Niger Deltans, just for oil.
Sometimes the most frustrating problem is when some Nigerians make statements like "politicians are the problem". It is like saying "headache is the problem" of a man with cerebral malaria! Who doesn't know politicians are corrupt in a nation like Nigeria, the question is why? Let's say for instance that James Ibori stole the funds from Urhroboland (no federal allocations, all revenues are generated in Urhroboland) treasury or Alams stole funds from Ijawland treasury, let's see how long they survive their peoples rage.
People hide behind this mammoth of a "nation" to commit genocide, grand theft (larceny), fraud, and all manners of evil which make the lives of inhabitants of that space brutish and short!
Time we tell ourselves the truth. The ghosts of the innocent victims of Nigeria are wailing before God for justice!
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 3:41am On Jul 23, 2009
i agree with chidi chris to a certain  extent i.e that u have a bit of a point. because abiola did have a hand with the cia and possibly did also obj also had a relatioship with cia to be providing and sponsoring coups and officers over the years.

and the cia seems to have a habit of once it uses certain people, and those people have gained too much information about how the cia operates, it will then want to oust the person. this appears to be the case of abiola. because they did something like this to saddam and mobutu. they armed them supported them provided them the intel over the years and then oust them and use them as scape goat. its either that or the entire abiola family are simply cia undercover.

i know of a case of a former cia operative who was undercover in south africa pretending to be a rich socialite similar to abiola, only to end up faking his own death in the papers and exit with style back to america.

abacha knew very well that abiola was being used.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2009
It not only the naija dredging going on but The northerners also are now building an oil and gas pipline that will link niger and chad republics. this was after they used obasanjo to build the coastal pipline linking west african countries. so you see the north are aware that their resources cannot compare to the south and all they are doing is to prepare incase there is another civil war and they have to cut off so that they will have a supply of oil.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2009
how can a tribe (fulani) that came last to the land area known as nigeria, want to be the leaders. they should join the back of the line.

but yet these same fulani want to even be directing the members of the tribe that came to nigeria first i.e nok (jos/birom)

If we are supposed to go by first come first serve i.e servicom then fulani are suppose to be caleed the ethnic minority , not by population but in form of opportunity.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 9:49pm On Jul 31, 2009
however i dont blame ty danjuma for eliminating ironsi and co because the igbo man if yuo give him hand he will take leg. e.g an igbo man that wants to sell a good to you and he knows you only have 500 naira on you, he will want to sell you another thing that is very essential that will make the transation to be 550 naira.

e,g if an igbo sells an air conditioner for 500 naira and he knows the person has 500 only in thier pocket , he will then bring a plug and say you know your going to also need plug and it costs 50 naira.

this is what azikiwe, ironsi wanted to start doing they wanted to igbolize nigeria using thier exposure to travelling and foreign education.

they will say the yoruba dosnt know how to do it as well as them e. g engineering, or fianance etc that they travelled abroad to learn their field i.e foreign trained , so that automatically makes them superior amd proud. this was the issue with ojukwu and its the same till now,
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by Onlytruth(m): 3:04am On Aug 01, 2009
jimmyjam:

however i dont blame ty danjuma for eliminating ironsi and co because the igbo man if yuo give him hand he will take leg. e.g an igbo man that wants to sell a good to you and he knows you only have 500 naira on you, he will want to sell you another thing that is very essential that will make the transation to be 550 naira.

e,g if an igbo sells an air conditioner for 500 naira and he knows the person has 500 only in thier pocket , he will then bring a plug and say you know your going to also need plug and it costs 50 naira.

this is what azikiwe, ironsi wanted to start doing they wanted to igbolize nigeria using thier exposure to travelling and foreign education.

they will say the yoruba dosnt know how to do it as well as them e. g engineering, or fianance etc that they travelled abroad to learn their field i.e foreign trained , so that automatically makes them superior amd proud. this was the issue with ojukwu and its the same till now,

If you don't like to "Igbolize" Nigeria, then let Igbos leave Nigeria and form their own country. Simple!
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by invisible2(m): 1:20pm On Aug 01, 2009
Onlytruth:

If you don't like to "Igbolize" Nigeria, then let Igbos leave Nigeria and form their own country. Simple!

You are saying this as if that will 'authomatically' solve all our problems?
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 1:46pm On Aug 01, 2009
u see what only is talking that if we dont want to igbolize nigeria. meaning for him and the igbo man its either they dominate or they leave nigeria.

igbo man if you give him a room in a house he will want to take over the whole house.

so you seee i dont blame danjuma , but at the same time i chide him for allowing fulani to convince him that ironsi and co should be eliminated. they should simply have been arrested and locked up or allowed amnesty in a forign country.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2009
as it is now yar adua most likely habours a lot of resentment for the igbos because of what they did to his father and his fathers contemporaries.

what im trying to say is that igbo most likely wont produce the next president, it most likely will be edo, south south i.e warri, port hourcourt or akwa ibom axis or middlebelt.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2009
the federal character that obasanjo set up wont work becuase. if you say that no to people from the same tribe can be direcly above or below each other in the govt there will be issues because hausa man does not like being under igbo man etc and edo man will not like being below yoruba man or igbo man etc

obasnajo seems to be good at comeing up with experimental idea that cannot and do not work e.g operation feed d nation
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by ebila(m): 2:13pm On Aug 01, 2009
@Poster,
I am actually becoming so much of a patriot lately.Maybe it's because we ought to be or just cos i love and believe in this country.The problem Nigeria is facing has been on my mind for a very long time now and the problem is just one at this moment.Don't get me wrong,there are others,but the major one gave rise to the others.The problem is this:Our mindset is infected by corruption! Yes,our mind are infected by corruption.We had good Nigerians who wanted to go out there and be good nigerians,but when they get there,the people at the top change their mindset and things get messy.The saying is true that "if u can't beat them,join them",so they meet alot of corrupt minds who eventually corrupt their minds.But let me tell you one truth,a really good mind will not be corrupted.I ask you,was Dora Akunyili not a politician?Did you not feel her impact?Did she not mingle with the "bad eggs"?We can chnage things,we can change the situation in Nigeria by changing our mindsets.Things are getting better.Look at Gov.Amaechi of Rivers state,Gov.Fashola of Lagos state,and some other good Nigerians we have.Things are getting better,but things will get worse if we go with the popular and over-used notion "If i get there,i'll go and collect my share".I live you with this question: Our fathers have failed,will we also fail our children?
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by sjeezy8: 3:37pm On Aug 01, 2009
jimmyjam:

as it is now yar adua most likely habours a lot of resentment for the igbos because of what they did to his father and his fathers contemporaries.

what im trying to say is that igbo most likely wont produce the next president, it most likely will be edo, south south i.e warri, port hourcourt or akwa ibom axis or middlebelt.

Exactly what i mean. i think the igbo are holding themselves back big time but dont seem to realise their are to many tribes in the east other then igbos. they have the most to lose because many people from the SS and other part of the east have come out of that whole biafra way of thinking. not to mention many who are angered with igbos for dragging them along during the war. Also many of the igbos, wont agree with an igbo delta president or one who doesn't favor his tribe over Nigeria as a whole. The platform of a good president is not run based on his or her tribe but for the COUNTRY.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by Onlytruth(m): 4:14pm On Aug 01, 2009
@Invisible (Igbo masquerade)

invisible!:

You are saying this as if that will 'authomatically' solve all our problems?

I wish you can use 10% of your "patriotic zeal" to respond to comments like this:

jimmyjam:

Reserve enough energy to explain it to your children why they are slaves in a country that hate them. Don't try to convince me. My mind is made up. I know I won't let my own children think like yours.
Then again, comments like the one above convinces me in no uncertain terms that there will be another country carved out that space for sure.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2009
and the funny thing is that most of the initiatives against indiscipline in nigeria came about during hausa fulani administrations e.g  WAI, KAI, etc

even there was an advertisement on the radio during IBB's time that "no put eye where you no sabi your eye go see pepper, no spoil govt work again na economic sabotage"

but yet the biggest economic sabotagers where IBB and his henchmen.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2009
the current sultan of sokoto i.e brig-gen saad needs to come out and tell his people the truth that usamn dan fodio was not a direct son to the then king of arabia. dan fodio was a 3rd or 4th nephew to the then king.

dan fodio himself did not look 100% arabic but was mixed with somalian, being that his mother was apparently from somalia.

in short fulani specializes in claiming something that does not belong to him including air to throne, oil and gas and land area etc
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 5:02pm On Aug 02, 2009
thats how fula actually came about i.e majority of arabs that came from arabia mixed with somalians and a few of them with some other indigenous african tribes e.g senegalese

in short . , saudi arab + somalian /mali/senegalese = fulani

these princely caravans spilt up, thats why there are sultans in i think in mali/senegal, niger republic and in dar es salaam in uganda. the sultans in sengal and uganda used to trade slaves in those days

so there are about 3-5 sultans in africa that where also nephews to the then king of arabia. but apparently the sultan of sokoto now is the most influencial because slaves are not a major commodity compared to oil. initially the other sultans where more powerful than the sotoko sultanate.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2009
fula in nigeria claim that they have been domesticated and primarily reagard themselves as nigerians for the past 200 or so years and that they reside only in katsina, sokoto, kano, bauchi etc

however till date the sultan of sokoto still officiates, presides and invites fula emirs in neigbouring african countries to various affairs, activities and ceremonies
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2009
the south south has not yet ptoduced a president , even if its a norhtern apologist e.g don etiebet or dan etete then they should put them there as predient just to appease the south south

there has never been a yoruba chief of army staff since independence, because the fula are scared that yoruba may take over the country or may cut off themsleves.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2009
anytime there is a northerner as head of state or president and he is sick. the northerners will use style to eliminate the southerner who is number 2 man , so that the power will remain in the north will continue. this was the case of abacha and diya and it appears this is the case of yar adua and good luck.

obasanjo was lucky he was a northern apologist if not shehu yar adua would have been named to replace murtala.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 5:39pm On Aug 02, 2009
to the extent that at the united nations or the nigerian embassy in london or washington dc , if the oyibo there dont see a fulani muslim as ambassador they start asking "is everything o.k with nigeria"

so even the international community have got addicted to fulani representing nigeria.

infact the UN agenda for west africa and africa as as whole is fulani agenda. because majority of the ambassadors at united nations representing african countries are usually fulani
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2009
look at how fulani wanted to disgrace the nation at obamas inauguration. the fulani led FG delegation and deputy ambassador who where fulani wanted to steal the show from general olu rotimi by making him feel as if he was not even the ambassador, the next thing yar adua removed the man. this is proof that fulani dont care about nigerians, their primary loyalty is to their fellow fulanis in other african countries not to nigerians.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 3:28am On Aug 16, 2009
im glad sule lamido the new cbn gov is behaving like musa bamaiyi by eliminating erastus akingbola, cecelia ibru and co these people where stealing depositors money and fronting it as their own. also akingbola was laundering and lodging money for obasanjo including laundering curency for obasanjos associates,

EFCC needs to deal with akingbola and cecelia ibru in fact all those bank md's need to face a special cbn panela dn efcc combined. akingbola should be given 30 years imprisonment, he dosnt know that obasanjo has immunity he wanted to be following him, also his dreams of becoming cbn gov and minister of finance are over now good for him!

akingbola who was double dealing by fronting money from some northerners , and was mixing and jugling their money with obsanjos loot and the loot of objs friends all the while dipping into their funds for his personal enjoyment.

so you can see how hausa will make certain people from certain tribes look bad to their own people, to the extent that those people start distrusting their own people.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2009
the answer is ' because they refuse to 'light up nigeria' nothing works no policy thrives no economy survives on generators as long as the darkness remain the nation will fail, ' let there be light in nigeria ' and great things will begin to happen .
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 5:51am On Aug 29, 2009
some people are practicing for hell with style without thier knowledge let me explain,  IBB lives on a hill top mansion,

once he arrives in hell the devil will tell him " ibrahim theres a special place been reserved for you, we tired to make it as close to what your already used to so you will feel very much as home , its on top of the hot larva and ash on the vulcano over there"
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 6:06am On Aug 29, 2009
when the signal of the spiritual coup plotters gets to God via prayer signal from the people. God will dispatch a return signal list to the necessary brigade of angels  to carry out various actions:

on that signal list

some people will be pencilled down for death via spiritual firing sqaud (haladu, abacha etc)

some will be pencilled down to report to the medical center/ sick bay (e.g yar adua and IBB with cancer)

some people will be pencilled down for dismissal, retirement and sack (e.g ribadu, akingbola, cecelia ibru etc)

some people will end up reporting to guardroom for lock up e.g alams

some people will be pencilled down for transfer or be placed on mandatory leave

Im sure david mark and tanko ayuba are reading this at the senate and they understand what i mean being that they were former signal corps commanders and minsters of communication, to them it may sound funny but its not a joke!
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jamace(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2009
@Jimmyjam
Please, Keep the expose coming.
By what is happing now, the old brigades who expect blind loyalty from the youths should have a rethink. The clock is ticking fast to its end on them. Only time will tell.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 2:51am On Aug 31, 2009
selfless service (humble) service does not serve and contribute to the country and toot thier own horn by paying someone inthe newspapers or on tv, selfless service is not puffed up, it gives not conditions (i.e need for political appointments), selfless service is like a child that is quiet and gives no problem.

the bible mentions this selfless serivce as love ie. that love is not puffed up, its not proud, it dosnt give conditions for hard work , contribution or serivce, it saws with an optimism that there will be a better tommorow for their children to reap.

selfless serivce is a silent achiever

everybody needs to realize that no matter the noise you make or the political machine gun you use at the end of the day its a simple silencer (death) that will end all the noise the person has made right from day one.
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jimmyjam: 2:54am On Aug 31, 2009
i remember at one time that there was a slogan in nigeria "for god, for country" i think this was in th early 70's that is selfless service, not for pride, not for money, not for peoples name to be on newspaper, not as condition of political appointment, not if i dont get something from the govt or from the country i wont contribute, i wont work, i wont do a good job, i will steal etc
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by jamace(m): 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2010
How can a people progress when the common interest is a taboo to them?
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by MrCrackles(m): 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2010
Topic. . .

Nigeria is not working because a lot of people required to fix it are not trying to fix it. . . grin
Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by flashgeek: 4:20pm On Jan 17, 2010
@poster .

Diversify the economy away from OIL , Kill the politicians and you will see progress

Focus on the following sectors:

Agriculture
                 Crop Farming
                 Livestock Farming (pastoral)
                 Fisheries (seafood and caviar)
                 Wineries
                 Wool Farming (from sheep)
                 Milk Production
                 Leather Production
                 Grass and Flower Farming (landscaping)

Manufacturing
                 Electronics
                 Vehicles
                 Toys
                 Furniture
                 Plastics
                 International Branded Products
                 E.T.C
Mining
                Crude Oil
                Natural Gas
                Iron Ore
                Gold
                Zinc
                Magnesium
                E.T.C

Energy
                Wind Energy
                Solar Energy
                Nuclear Energy
                Hydro Electric Energy
                Hybrid Technology
                Electric Battery Energy
                Self Propelled Energy
                Kinetic Energy

Information Technology
                Web Hosting
                Web Design & Development
                Payment Gateways
                Software Development
                Software Applications
                Online Trading (Binary Options, stocks, currency exchange e.t.c)
                Freelance Networking (articles , Tax returns e.t.c)
                Online Marketing (S.E.O)
                Web Trade (e-bay, Amazon e.t.c)

Real Estate Development
                Golf Estates
                Water front estates
                Green powered estates
                Recreational Park development
                Business Park development
                Mega Shopping Malls
                Downtown condos
                Skyscrapers
                E.T.C

The above is just a few ideas and I mean A FEW ideas on how you can jump start the economy without depending on oil.

Here is a pic of durban a city in South Africa that was built through agricultural produce ,mining and manufacturing.

Re: Why Is Nigeria Not Working? by revolt(m): 10:23am On Jan 18, 2010
Flash i support lets take it a lil further. Kill those greedy mallams they control evrytin da rest are stooges thus can be easily handled

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagos police arrest 10 People For Robbery, Cultism / Leah’s Parents To Buhari: Rescue Our Daughter, We’ll Accept Her In Any Condition / Latin-American Drug Cartels Fund Boko-Haram, Ansaru - Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.