Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? (13126 Views)

Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? / What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) / Why Is S.A.W Used For Muhammad And A.S Used For Other Prophets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by truthman2012(m): 1:27pm On Oct 28, 2015
[Quran 33:43] ''He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the believers''

As this is not the beginning of quranic revelations, it shows that up till that time allahh was still praying for Muhammad's salvation. How does God 'PRAY' for man's salvation? Was it not in his power to decide what to do?

Quran 33:56] Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect.

Why should allahh ask the muslims to still pray for Muhammad after he had prayed for him by himself? Was his (allah) own prayer insufficient?

As a result of the above quranic instructions, the concluding part of muslims' routine prayers is: “O god! Have
mercy on Muhammad and on his
descendants, as you had mercy on
Abraham and on his descendants.”

If Muhammad were at peace in
paradise, he would not need the
prayers of anyone?

Omar, one of the early guided
caliphs, said on his deathbed: “. . .
Had I the whole East and West,
gladly would I give up all to be
delivered from this AWFUL TERROR THAT IS HANGING OVER ME” (Cited in
Jens Christensen, The Practical
Approach to Muslims, London:
North Africa Mission, 1977, p.
380).

Abu Bakr went through the
same anguish on his deathbed.
Amr bin al-As wept in his
deathbed worrying about his
eternal destiny.

It is believed when people want to give up the ghost, they have an idea of where they are heading to eternally. I was a witness to a magistrate court judge who had just accepted Jesus who was sick. I went to visit him in the hospital in the company of a senior pastor. We greeted him and stood looking at him on bed. Not quite 15 minutes we got there that the man said in Yoruba ''Jesu o se o'' (thank you Jesus), he took his last breath and gave up the ghost.

Those who lament at death see something horrible and it is an evidence of not making it to heaven. Now, the question is: if those top islamic clerics above stated lamented on their deathbed, what shall be the fate of the lower ones?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by pneumaticos(m): 1:58pm On Oct 28, 2015
The followers knoweth not what is comming before them till they get to their own death bed

Another truth is the fact that I never seen nor heard any muslim at peace with words of blessing coming out of their mouth before death even mahamolu was cursing on his death bed

I ques that's when they see the darkness the most

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 28, 2015
because he did not accept Christ as his lord and savior .recall he is yet to receive salavation and be born again

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by jcross19: 2:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
Because mohamMAD knew that he would end up in hell that was why he promised them that if they eventualy find themselves in hell that is coming to set them free, that comment got me shocked the day i saw it in hadith and koran. Is clearer that all muslims will be in hell fire waiting for mohamMAD as messiah while mohamMAD is in fire seeking help.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by mahdino: 2:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
truthman2012:
[Quran 33:43] ''He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the believers''

As this is not the beginning of quranic revelations, it shows that up till that time allahh was still praying for Muhammad's salvation. How does God 'PRAY' for man's salvation? Was it not in his power to decide what to do?

Quran 33:56] Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect.

Why should allahh ask the muslims to still pray for Muhammad after he had prayed for him by himself? Was his (allah) own prayer insufficient?

As a result of the above quranic instructions, the concluding part of muslims' routine prayers is: “O god! Have

prayers of anyone?

380).

eternal destiny.

It is believed when people want to give up the ghost, they have an idea of where they are heading to eternally. I was a witness to a magistrate court judge who had just accepted Jesus who was sick. I went to visit him in the hospital in the company of a senior pastor. We greeted him and stood looking at him on bed. Not quite 15 minutes we got there that the man said in Yoruba ''Jesu o se o'' (thank you Jesus), he took his last breath and gave up the ghost.

Those who lament at death see something horrible and it is an evidence of not making it to heaven. Now, the question is: if those top islamic clerics above stated lamented on their deathbed, what shall be the fate of the lower ones?

The word "Muhammad" in the Bible (in Original Hebrew)
The name "Muhammad" is written in the Bible in the original Hebrew language.

In the 5th chapter of the Shir haShirim ( שיר השירים ), which is one of the five megilot or Sacred Scrolls that are part of the Hebrew Bible or for short the "Song of Solomon" (also called "Song of Songs"wink. That chapter is giving a prophecy about an individual to come, a mystery man.

Song of Songs 5:15 compares this prophetic mystery man to the land of "Lebanon" which is the land of the Arabs. This implies that the mystery man would be an Arab.

Verse 15 of the NIV Bible says: “His appearance is like Lebanon", so this is an Arabic gentleman (or Arab looking).

Verse 11 says: "his head is as the most fine gold, his locks are
wavy, and black as a raven". Verse 10 describes this man as being "radiant and ruddy" which means he was slightly light-skinned with a rosy color. This physical description matches exactly with the authentic Islamic sources.
Sahih Al Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 747, says Muhammad was slightly light skinned, with a rosy color (and has the same hair as is mentioned in verse 11)

Song of Songs 5:10 says: "My beloved is white and ruddy, pre-eminent above ten thousand." This is a prophecy of Prophet Muhammad as he conquered Mecca. It is a well known historically documented fact that in the year 630 CE Muhammad entered Mecca as the leader of an army of "ten thousand men".

In reading the English translation of Song of Songs 5:16 it finishes the description by saying: "He is altogether lovely" but what most people don't know is that the name of that man was given in the original megilot. Here is the name written in ancient Hebrew as it appears in verse sixteen: מחמד . It is read as : "Mahammad".

Hebrew: חִכּוֹ, מַמְתַקִּים, וְכֻלּוֹ, מַחֲמַדִּים; זֶה דוֹדִי וְזֶה רֵעִי, בְּנוֹת יְרוּשָׁלִָם.

English: His mouth is most sweet; yea, he is ALTOGETHER LOVELY. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

There is a plural used together with this Hebrew word, with
the plural it’s pronounced “Mahamadd-im”. The ending letters 'im' is a plural of respect, majesty and grandeur for God’s prophet, just as in the word Eloh-im.

According to Ben Yehuda's Hebrew-English Dictionary, it is correctly pronounced as "Mahammad".

If you don't believe me, go to these translator links, paste the name מחמד and then translate it into English. You will see that מחמד is translated as "Muhammad".

http://www.freetranslation.com/

http://worldlingo.com/en/products_servi … lator.html

You can also see and listen to the Song of Songs in its original form, in Hebrew where Muhammad is mentioned by name in the below link (please notice the "im" in Hebrew is a plural of respect):

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt3005.htm

Watch the whole video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm3sZfPwv1g

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by mahdino: 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2015
pneumaticos:
The followers knoweth not what is comming before them till they get to their own death bed

Another truth is the fact that I never seen nor heard any muslim at peace with words of blessing coming out of their mouth before death even mahamolu was cursing on his death bed

I ques that's when they see the darkness the most

[][/b]I wellcome all of u to this page with the greetings of the prophets Assalamu Alaikum (may peace and blessing of Allah (God) be upon all of u.
Before I start talking i will like u to quess in world history who said the following

"for those my enemies who do not want me to rule over them bring them here and kill them". It will take a genius for one to get the ans especially among the christian faith. If I list three names prophet Moses(as), Carl Max or Muhammad(saw). It will suprise u to tell u that Jesus christ utter those words because u hardly read your bible with free mind and reasoning,. Jesus said it in the new testament, the gospel according to matthew. Do u remember when he was riding on a donkey to Jerusalem.

Going into the topic crucifixion is to hang a man to death on a cross. But what if u hang a man on the cross and he didn't die? I want u to know that it is the Romans that started the believe in a son of their god that die for their sins, they worship the sun god. And its important for us to know that before Jesus christ their use to be salvation through the prophets of God of that time e.g at the time of Moses his people wanted to worship the golden calf, he has to call them to the right way in other words he was the way the truth and the live no one could reach God but through him, at the time of David he was the way, at the time of Abraham he was the way now this is the time of Mohammad as said by Jesus in the gospel of John 16:12-14
Jesus told his diciples that he will be betrayed but never did he say he will be kill, so when the Jews were looking for him to kill, he went to the garden with his diciples and told them wait at the gate, he went further and fall on his face and prayed to God to take away the cup from him, meaning to save him from death and an angel came to asure him that god has answer his prayers. Yes in Hebrew chapter 7 God answered his prayers. Why do we take all that is said without pondering?

Be ready to take the straight point.
In the book of matthew 12:38-40 Jesus prophesied that he will not be killed. When the Jews came to ask for a sign, they wanted him to walk on water, raise the dead,or perform a miracle but he put all his eggs in one basket. He said I will only give u a miracle like that of Jonah as Jonah was alive for three days and three nights so shall me be. Today over 2 billion christians of the world said that Jesus was dead for three days and even if it is a trillion population of christian said he was dead, the words of Jesus is more superior and more to believe than the billions of christians.
The Quran said that "they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it was made to appear to them so, but those who dispute about the matter are ful of doubts, for certainly they killed him not."

For salvation follow the master Jesus not Paul, Jesus said in matt. 5:17-20 going to heaven is only possible when u keep the laws and the commandements, when u keep the laws and the commandements u can't help but to be a muslim. Thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by TheEvilPriest(m): 2:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
Muhammed too needs deliverance? Ridiculous!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by truthman2012(m): 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2015
Muhammad is the only 'prophet' who asked for his followers' prayer.
Allahh is the only god who prays to himself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by truthman2012(m): 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2015
mahdino:

[][/b]I wellcome all of u to this page with the greetings of the prophets Assalamu Alaikum (may peace and blessing of Allah (God) be upon all of u.
Before I start talking i will like u to quess in world history who said the following

"for those my enemies who do not want me to rule over them bring them here and kill them". It will take a genius for one to get the ans especially among the christian faith. If I list three names prophet Moses(as), Carl Max or Muhammad(saw). It will suprise u to tell u that Jesus christ utter those words because u hardly read your bible with free mind and reasoning,. Jesus said it in the new testament, the gospel according to matthew. Do u remember when he was riding on a donkey to Jerusalem.

Going into the topic crucifixion is to hang a man to death on a cross. But what if u hang a man on the cross and he didn't die? I want u to know that it is the Romans that started the believe in a son of their god that die for their sins, they worship the sun god. And its important for us to know that before Jesus christ their use to be salvation through the prophets of God of that time e.g at the time of Moses his people wanted to worship the golden calf, he has to call them to the right way in other words he was the way the truth and the live no one could reach God but through him, at the time of David he was the way, at the time of Abraham he was the way now this is the time of Mohammad as said by Jesus in the gospel of John 16:12-14
Jesus told his diciples that he will be betrayed but never did he say he will be kill, so when the Jews were looking for him to kill, he went to the garden with his diciples and told them wait at the gate, he went further and fall on his face and prayed to God to take away the cup from him, meaning to save him from death and an angel came to asure him that god has answer his prayers. Yes in Hebrew chapter 7 God answered his prayers. Why do we take all that is said without pondering?

In the book of matthew 12:38-40 Jesus prophesied that he will not be killed. When the Jews came to ask for a sign, they wanted him to walk on water, raise the dead,or perform a miracle but he put all his eggs in one basket. He said I will only give u a miracle like that of Jonah as Jonah was alive for three days and three nights so shall me be. Today over 2 billion christians of the world said that Jesus was dead for three days and even if it is a trillion population of christian said he was dead, the words of Jesus is more superior and more to believe than the billions of christians.
The Quran said that "they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but it was made to appear to them so, but those who dispute about the matter are ful of doubts, for certainly they killed him not."

For salvation follow the master Jesus not Paul, Jesus said in matt. 5:17-20 going to heaven is only possible when u keep the laws and the commandements, when u keep the laws and the commandements u can't help but to be a muslim. Thank you

What are the laws you keep in islam?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by mahdino: 3:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
truthman2012:

What are the laws you keep in islam?

We keep all the laws God ordained us.
Brother, i have tried to explain everything to you. I will be a witness that God has shown you the way but you continue to argue and blackmail. You dont have any excuse.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by truthman2012(m): 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2015
mahdino:

We keep all the laws God ordained us.
Brother, i have tried to explain everything to you. I will be a witness that God has shown you the way but you continue to argue and blackmail. You dont have any excuse.

Which God? The true God or allahh the arabian idol who resides in kaaba?

Tell from the quran where all your laws are spelt out.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by HCpaul(m): 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
I can't comment cuz he never really exist in christian world of righteousness.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by truthman2012(m): 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
There is no law specifically spelt out in the quran. Sharia law is the formulations of muslims. I challenge any muslim to compile the sharia law as stated in the quran. What you have is sharia law formulated and based on arabian customs and culture.

If there is none in the quran, it shows Muhammad didn't bring any new laws.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by plappville(f): 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
mahdino:

The word "Muhammad" in the Bible (in Original Hebrew)
The name "Muhammad" is written in the Bible in the original Hebrew language.

Which bible are you talking about? The one Muhammad (SBUH) said was corrupted? undecided stop spreading lies man use ur brain and THINK OF IT.. tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by plappville(f): 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2015
mahdino:

◄ Galatians 1:8 ►
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse! 

Just as the Devil deceived Eve into believing what is false in Genesis 3:1-6, they will also deceive people into believing what is also false about Jesus.
How will they corrupt people's mind?

they will preach "another Jesus" who is different from the "true Jesus" that was  preached by the Apostles.

PLEASE ADRESSE THE OP. The bible has revealed your evil plans to turn Christians away from Christ. We are very vigilant.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by Kudducini(m): 3:32am On Oct 29, 2015
jcross19:
Because mohamMAD knew that he would end up in hell that was why he promised them that if they eventualy find themselves in hell that is coming to set them free, that comment got me shocked the day i saw it in hadith and koran. Is clearer that all muslims will be in hell fire waiting for mohamMAD as messiah while mohamMAD is in fire seeking help.

Did You See Him In Hell??
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by Kudducini(m): 3:33am On Oct 29, 2015
truthman2012:

Which God? The true God or allahh the arabian idol who resides in kaaba?
Tell from the quran where all your laws are spelt out.

And How Do You Know He Resides In Kaaba ??
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by Kudducini(m): 3:35am On Oct 29, 2015
truthman2012:
Muhammad is the only 'prophet' who asked for his followers' prayer.

Allahh is the only god who prays to himself.

Even The Bible Says None Shall See God Xcept He Is Forgiven His Sins

Why Do Christains Pray For The Deceased Forgiveness At Wake Keepings?
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by vooks: 3:44am On Oct 29, 2015
Why pray for the dead? Is it supposed to change their eternal fortunes? Does it add the number of virgins he deflowers?
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by jcross19: 5:28am On Oct 29, 2015
Kudducini:

unless in allah brothel where he can be sleeping with 72 horus.
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by pneumaticos(m): 6:24am On Oct 29, 2015
@mahdino, it good you reading the bible to know more about your prophet .I would advice you pray the holyspirit to increase your understanding of it, so as to know more

For now, I cant respond to your lack of wisdoms and knowledge

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 29, 2015
truthman2012:
There is no law specifically spelt out in the quran. Sharia law is the formulations of muslims. I challenge any muslim to compile the sharia law as stated in the quran. What you have is sharia law formulated and based on arabian customs and culture.

If there is none in the quran, it shows Muhammad didn't bring any new laws.
I felt that i should ignore this thread like have been ignoring others(yours) lately, but after reading this ignoramus post, i couldnt ignore it, it actually made me strike my fore-head thrice! anyway, name any law you know stated in the shariah(with proof), and let me bring out the verse for you.
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by Kudducini(m): 8:01am On Oct 29, 2015
You Dont Even Know What To Say You Don See Him Brothel Before
jcross19:
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by Kudducini(m): 8:03am On Oct 29, 2015
jcross19:

You Don See His Brothel Before
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by malvisguy212: 8:15am On Oct 29, 2015
Kudducini:

the quran testify, muhammed is in hell.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by Kudducini(m): 8:20am On Oct 29, 2015
malvisguy212:
the quran testify, muhammed is in hell.
pls Qoute The Verse For Me
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by malvisguy212: 8:41am On Oct 29, 2015
Kudducini:
pls Qoute The Verse For Me
Surah 19:71: “It is the inevitable decree of your Lord that every one of you will be taken to hell.”

And the very next verse tells us:

Surah 19:72: “THEN (Thumma) We
shall rescue those who kept from evil,
and leave the evil-doers crouching
there.” (Pickthall)

The word “Then” (Thumma) used in this
verse exemplify that there is a
chronological order of events. First the
entry into Hell. “Then” being saved from
it. Note the wordings of Surah 19:72: “We shall rescue those who kept from evil, and leave the evil-doers crouching
there.” You only “rescue” someone who
is in some kind of danger. However, this
rescue operation will only take place on
“Judgment Day.” Until then , for centuries, pious Muslims will be
consumed by fire. Only the dark spots on the skin of their foreheads caused by
years of prostration to Allah will escape
the effects of the fire. This is Allah’s
reward for their faithful prayers to him.

Sahih Muslim, Book 001, Number 0349:
“They (the angels) would recognise
them in the Fire by the marks of
PROSTRATION , for Hell-fire will devour
everything (limb) of the sons of
Adam except the marks of
prostration. Allah has forbidden the
fire to consume the marks of
prostration. They will be taken out
of the Fire having been burnt …”

The angels will recognized them through the mark of prostration,am sure you know who they are referring to.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by Kudducini(m): 8:51am On Oct 29, 2015
The Rescue" Is Done Immiediately But Full Rescue On The Judgement Day
Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by mubarakopeyemi(m): 9:18am On Oct 29, 2015
malvisguy212:
Surah 19:71: “It is the inevitable decree of your Lord that every one of you will be taken to hell.”

And the very next verse tells us:

Surah 19:72: “THEN (Thumma) We
shall rescue those who kept from evil,
and leave the evil-doers crouching
there.” (Pickthall)

The word “Then” (Thumma) used in this
verse exemplify that there is a
chronological order of events. First the
entry into Hell. “Then” being saved from
it. Note the wordings of Surah 19:72: “We shall rescue those who kept from evil, and leave the evil-doers crouching
there.” You only “rescue” someone who
is in some kind of danger. However, this
rescue operation will only take place on
“Judgment Day.” Until then , for centuries, pious Muslims will be
consumed by fire. Only the dark spots on the skin of their foreheads caused by
years of prostration to Allah will escape
the effects of the fire. This is Allah’s
reward for their faithful prayers to him.

Sahih Muslim, Book 001, Number 0349:
“They (the angels) would recognise
them in the Fire by the marks of
PROSTRATION , for Hell-fire will devour
everything (limb) of the sons of
Adam except the marks of
prostration. Allah has forbidden the
fire to consume the marks of
prostration. They will be taken out
of the Fire having been burnt …”

The angels will recognized them through the mark of prostration,am sure you know who they are referring to.

Bullshit.
Shall we blame the bible for your lack of reason and direct thinking or we shall blame you for your ignorance.

Rather, Jesus himself is in hell.

In Matthew 5:22 Jesus said this
NIV
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

this means that anyone who calls someone a fool shall be in fire of hell.

Forward to Mathew 23:17 Jesus said this:
NIV
You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?

Jesus has said that anyone who calls someone a fool shall be in fire of hell. Well apparently he also called a group of people blind fools.

Jesus is in the danger of fire of hell.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by jcross19: 9:19am On Oct 29, 2015
Kudducini:

You Don See His Brothel Before
ask koran and even hadith will shed light more on it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 9:36am On Oct 29, 2015
truthman2012:

prayers of anyone?

380).

eternal destiny.

This OP is seriously confused.. .. You just quote some quranic verses and manipulate it with some stories according to a Christian about islam.. . You seriously confused. ...

Now.. . You claim God sends blessings to Mohammed and you also claim God prays for him. .. Well, you misunderstood everything..

Allah sends HIS blessings to every single being he created.

Without his blessings we will not be alive talkless of us been who we are. ..

And sending blessings doesn't mean praying for someone... It simply means having mercy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? by malvisguy212: 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Bullshit.
Shall we blame the bible for your lack of reason and direct thinking or we shall blame you for your ignorance.

Rather, Jesus himself is in hell.

In Matthew 5:22 Jesus said this
NIV
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

this means that anyone who calls someone a fool shall be in fire of hell.

Forward to Mathew 23:17 Jesus said this:
NIV
You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?

Jesus has said that anyone who calls someone a fool shall be in fire of hell. Well apparently he also called a group of people blind fools.

Jesus is in the danger of fire of hell.
No. This verse is taken out of context. One key to understanding Matthew 5:22-24 is to recognize that it deals with a disciple's relationship to his
"brother." "Brother" does not refer to males having the same parent, but to those of the same spiritual family -- in this case, to Jesus' disciples (Matthew
12:48-50). A brother is a member of the Christ's assembly (Matthew 18:15-17;
28:10). The term is a general reference to the members of the household of faith. Never to enemies.

In Mathew 23, Jesus was calling his enemies, the scribes and Pharisees, "fools". Matthew 5 is in reference to calling a "brother" a fool. To properly
apply Matthew 5:22 to enemies, Jesus must, at times, use "brother" to refer to an enemy. Yet, nowhere in Jesus' teaching, nowhere in the New Testament,does brother ever refer to an
enemy. Moreover, 2 Thessalonians 3:15 tells us that if we find it necessary to
disfellowship a brother for moral reasons, we are not to regard him as an enemy. An enemy is not a brother.

So when Jesus teaches against anger directed toward a brother, Jesus is teaching his disciples to love one another. He is not commenting on their
relationships with those outside the faith, or with those who have departed from the faith, or with enemies. What he would not stand for was for one of his disciples calling another disciple a fool.

Now adress my post.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mermaids – Do They Exist Or Not? / How Many Times Was Hajj Cancelled In History? / What Is Your Duty To Your Sisters And Brothers In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.