Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east (4082 Views)

Governors Hold National Economic Council Meeting In Abuja(photos) / Reps Adopts 2014 Confab report / Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by naijapropa: 5:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
[size=15pt]Presidency discards confab report, To Hold National Conference on North-east in December[/size]

Despite the fact that the war against the Boko Haram insurgents is far from being over, the presidency on Tuesday met with 19 international organisations and agencies preparatory to holding a national conference on the North-east in December.

The Chairman, Victim Support Fund (VSF), General Theophilous Danjuma (rtd.), gave the hint in Abuja at a pre-conference meeting with development partners where he said the conference scheduled for December, would adopt a...>>>READ: http://naijapropa.com/presidency-discards-confab-report-to-hold-national-conference-on-north-east-in-december/

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by benedictnsi(m): 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
That's good
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Lamasta(m): 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
ok
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
We all pray for peace in the North East.. But why can't the FG implement the Confab report?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by sammyj: 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by hakir(m): 5:40pm On Oct 28, 2015
We just want the best for this country .

Attend PIS-DUBAI interior design workshop in lagos friday 30-10-2015, learn the business of interior design https://www.nairaland.com/2696187/pis-dubai-interior-design-workshop-lagos
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Rose2014: 5:41pm On Oct 28, 2015
Buhari is right. It's not like We Nigerians are serious about the confab report.
The only time I hear of it is whenever u mention Biafra
If u doubt me, just mention Biafra and watch how the politics section of nl will be littered with threads like 'we the SS want resource control instead' 'we want to control our oyel' 'Igbos want our oil' 'we want a republic of Nigerdelta' etc

And then, we commenters will focus on who is part of Biafra and who is not and kill ourselves all day cheesy Once the Biafra ish dies down,everyone keeps quiet again and all of us are back to square one.

Despite the fact that we all know that resource control is one weapon that will water down Biafra agitation but who will let the cat out of the bag? cheesy

In Dearpreye's voice; "Nigeria has a date with the truth"
For now, we're just dancing atilogu round the problem. Pics included

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy
cheesy

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:43pm On Oct 28, 2015
Congratulations Nigerians

I Will Implement The Confab - Buhari / Osibanjo

— Mar 12, 2015

The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, debunked insinuations that he is a religious fanatic who will impose the Sharia Law on Nigerians, stressing that nobody can impose the law on anybody in the country.

This is even as the duo of Buhari and Prof Yemi Osibanjo also vowed to implement the report of the recent National Conference if elected as president and vice president respectively.

“Yes, the APC government will implement the CONFAB report and will look at every good thing about the conference report with a view to implementing it. But don’t forget that the president agreed to submit the report to the National Assembly for implementation, but that has not happened, rather he is making it a campaign issue,” Buhari said.

http://leadership.ng/news/416968/buhari-osinbajo-parley-kaduna-religious-leaders

— Mar 12, 2015

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by dgr8truth(m): 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
Haha
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by FacelessPatriot: 5:48pm On Oct 28, 2015
Rubbish! Arrant nonsense! He should call for a meeting with north east governors and north east elders who have never ever in their miserable lives spoken against boko haram. He should not drag the rest of the country into their mess. Afterall we did not threaten to make Nigeria ungovernable, we weren't the ones who vowed that dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood. And lest i forget, whatever decision he makes with coward northeast leaders must pass through the senate

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 28, 2015
okay.
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Uniben4sure: 5:48pm On Oct 28, 2015
Who doesn't know that buhari will discard the conference report?

We all know that!

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by FacelessPatriot: 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
i wonder why any reasonable president will throw the national confab report away. How else does he want to sample the opinion of Nigerians? The unity of this country is the least thing on PMB's mind.
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by dustmalik: 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2015
Am I the only one seeing the useless source? Or the wailers posting nonsense just want to wail?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2015
But why is this report so difficult for Nigeria to implement?

Smh

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by pussyphilia(m): 6:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
AuntySusan:
But why is this report so difficult for Nigeria to implement?

Smh
it is difficult for Hausa's to implement because it will deny them full control of Niger Delta oil.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Rose2014: 6:48pm On Oct 28, 2015
dustmalik:
Am I the only one seeing the useless source? Or the wailers posting nonsense just want to wail?

Now the source is the problem and not the message smh
Has the report bn implemented? Is there any plan on ground to implement it?

Why not counter the *useless* source instead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
We all pray for peace in the North East.. But why can't the FG implement the Confab report?

because it's the easiest route to secession.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
Kingsolex1:

I don't understand. Though I have my observations with some recommendation of the Confab report.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Observant: 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2015
"OUR OYEL" " OUR OYEL,"......!!!!!!!!

When you share a country with black people incapable of discernment.
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I don't understand. Though I have my observations with some recommendation of the Confab report.

I know there are adjustment that the FG is trying to avoid for discarding a report that caused Nigeria millions, I thought the FG intends to manage resources!! with no reason a report worth million is thrown to the thrash, I remember the buhari scrutinizing the AGF for
disagreed on Lake Chad report.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/drama-as-buhari-auditor-gen-disagree-on-lake-chad-report/

tonye please shed more light on ur observation.
baba one chance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Rose2014: 12:50am On Oct 29, 2015
Kingsolex1:

How pls? I would think its the other way round. No?
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Vicadonis(m): 2:11am On Oct 29, 2015
hehehehe... Some saw this coming

1 Like

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 29, 2015
Rose2014:

How pls? I would think its the other way round. No?

the resolutions in it contains regional policing and resource control so there will be no national cake, rather regional cake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Candyrain(m): 7:52am On Oct 29, 2015
My dear it's quite unfortunate that we still have people thinking like this. I've been trying to imagine what goes on in the mind of these people. When Biafra is mentioned, do they think the Igbo man will leave his Anambra or Enugu abode to Rivers to drag land and collect their oyel? It's really quite unfortunate. Maybe it's better for the Hausa/Fulani to continue milking them of their oyel than for their imaginary Igbo to do so.

Rose2014:
Buhari is right. It's not like We Nigerians are serious about the confab report.
The only time I hear of it is whenever u mention Biafra
If u doubt me, just mention Biafra and watch how the politics section of nl will be littered with threads like 'we the SS want resource control instead' 'we want to control our oyel' 'Igbos want our oil' 'we want a republic of Nigerdelta' etc

And then, we commenters will focus on who is part of Biafra and who is not and kill ourselves all day cheesy Once the Biafra ish dies down,everyone keeps quiet again and all of us are back to square one.

Despite the fact that we all know that resource control is one weapon that will water down Biafra agitation but who will let the cat out of the bag? cheesy

In Dearpreye's voice; "Nigeria has a date with the truth"
For now, we're just dancing atilogu round the problem. Pics included

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy
cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Candyrain(m): 7:59am On Oct 29, 2015
The question now is why is he not being held to his word? No, it shouldn't be taken serious or it should be discarded since the defunct Eastern region are going to immensely benefit from it. Perhaps they'll tell us that Bubu didn't make that statement rather APC did.

IsraeliAIRFORCE:
Congratulations Nigerians

I Will Implement The Confab - Buhari / Osibanjo

— Mar 12, 2015

The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, debunked insinuations that he is a religious fanatic who will impose the Sharia Law on Nigerians, stressing that nobody can impose the law on anybody in the country.

This is even as the duo of Buhari and Prof Yemi Osibanjo also vowed to implement the report of the recent National Conference if elected as president and vice president respectively.

“Yes, the APC government will implement the CONFAB report and will look at every good thing about the conference report with a view to implementing it. But don’t forget that the president agreed to submit the report to the National Assembly for implementation, but that has not happened, rather he is making it a campaign issue,” Buhari said.

http://leadership.ng/news/416968/buhari-osinbajo-parley-kaduna-religious-leaders

— Mar 12, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Candyrain(m): 8:01am On Oct 29, 2015
You sound like you don't support the implementation of the Confab report.

Kingsolex1:

the resolutions in it contains regional policing and resource control so there will be no national cake, rather regional cake.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Gr8amechi: 8:23am On Oct 29, 2015
Kingsolex1:

I know there are adjustment that the FG is trying to avoid for discarding a report that caused Nigeria millions, I thought the FG intends to manage resources!! with no reason a report worth million is thrown to the thrash, I remember the buhari scrutinizing the AGF for
disagreed on Lake Chad report.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/drama-as-buhari-auditor-gen-disagree-on-lake-chad-report/

tonye please shed more light on ur observation.
baba one chance.
why didn't GEJ implement it?? APC were never in support of that remember.
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Gr8amechi: 8:27am On Oct 29, 2015
Candyrain:
The question now is why is he not being held to his word? No, it shouldn't be taken serious or it should be discarded since the defunct Eastern region are going to immensely benefit from it. Perhaps they'll tell us that Bubu didn't make that statement rather APC did.

All these na wash....GEJ set up d so called conf why didn't him implement it?? I am a deltan but this is one of the so many sins of GEJ, you don't expect someone to implement what he was not part of,
Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 29, 2015
Gr8amechi:
why didn't GEJ implement it?? APC were never in support of that remember.

Gej was a novice in national politics he had all the time in the world to implement in but he was trying so hard not to step on toes now look at the outcome.
confab report thrashed.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 29, 2015
Candyrain:
You sound like you don't support the implementation of the Confab report.

I wish Gej was bold enough to implement the confab, it would have solved a lot of problem.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Opinion After Listening To Radio Biafra. / If South Africa Could Do It All Under 20 Years,why Can't The Rest Of Africa? / Why Are Nigerians More Passionate about Biafra Than Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.