Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

**** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** (34381 Views)

How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 / Any Nigerian In Georgia? / Nigerian's In South Africa What Are They Doing For A Living? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by mattyk01(m): 5:04am On Feb 12, 2015
@troubled, pls can u help wit info abt Seychelles? pls contact me email- adewuyis721@gmail.com, I intend to relocate wit my family...pls help.tnx
Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by hustla(m): 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2015
I want to go to Seychelles for 1 week or 2 weeks holiday

Any reliable information on travel costs and how much i might need>

Thank You

2 Likes

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by Portblueke: 10:13pm On Aug 27, 2015
I was in Seychelles last week with my wife and as a Nigerian I would advice anyone going there to have everything CONFIRMED or you'll be sent back on the same flight that you came in with. She's Swede(E.U citizen) and am Nigerian. We were to spend a week there and for some weird reasons the agent who booked our ticket had a wrong returning date which made the immigration delay us at the airport for almost an hour and even had to confirm the account balance on my ATM before we could proceed in (They needed that to make sure I can change the airline ticket to match the 7 days we were to spend, despite the tickets were business class and our hotel was a 5 star). Long story short, my Nigerian friend who is a resident was waiting for us and whisked us to the hotel.

The country is nice generally. Very high standard of living and very expensive too. The citizens called Seychellois are more or less Europeans and mixed of about everything (Indian,African, Arabic and the rest). Everything but the public bus (SPTC) is expensive. The roads are clean and unwind in between rocks and there are various developments going on there. Victoria is the capital and for some reasons you'd think you're in Europe because of the modern setting. There are very few Nigerians there, probably 30 at most. They work in schools and some are on dependent visas(Once you marry their citizen you get that and yes their women like our men). Most Nigerians I would say (90%) are sent back upon arrival. I've been a witness to that. Once you have the green passport you'll be extra scrutinized and ultimately sent back.

I would advice any Nigerian going there to hustle NEVER to try it. If you're going for genuine reasons, that's fine but if you're going thinking you can cheat their system I'll say never try it. It's a small country of 90K people and everyone know each other. Once they sense you're not one of their own you'll be reported and get sent back. I met a Nigerian at a night club with my friends who had a 2 weeks visa and went to extend, he was given just an additional 2 weeks. I really wish Nigerians can stop trying to enter these visa free countries tho. Long story short we had a blast, had our wedding and our marriage certificate was dropped at the hotel after 2 days.

5 Likes

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by bonaz4mi: 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
Pls I need advise am making moves to base in seychelles

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by chitsie25: 4:12am On Apr 30, 2016
Hi Guys,

Please are there any Nigerian Expats/Students in still in Seychelles.

Thanks
Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by Christie171(f): 7:43pm On Aug 28, 2016
Please does anyone know anything about the GOP? I need information on how easily one can get it from here without been scammed
Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by dasparrow: 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
Christie171:
Please does anyone know anything about the GOP? I need information on how easily one can get it from here without been scammed

Alright, so I decided to do a little research on Seychelles today. Not because I intend living there but because I am just being nosy and because so many Nigerians keep making inquiries about this country here on Nairaland.

So, what is GOP?
GOP stands for Gainful Occupation Permit. You cannot obtain this permit in Nigeria and without this permit, don't even dream of working in the Seychelles because like another poster has said, no employer will hire you. Seychelles is a small African island country off the coast of the Indian ocean. The government strictly keeps a close eye on everything. It is not like Nigeria where everything and anything goes. The country has a small population and have more jobs than her citizens need. So, Seychelles is willing to hire foreigners who are interested in working there as long as there is no Seychellois (that is what the citizens are called) to fill the position.

Now, the GOP application can easily be downloaded online. However, you must first have an employer who is willing to hire you. Why is this necessary? Because an approval certificate must be sought from the Ministry of Labour and Human Resources Development (MLHRD). The approval certificate CANNOT be sought by you the applicant. Your prospective employer must apply for it. The only time this is not the case is if you plan to be self employed and even at that, there is protocol you must follow and documents you must submit including how much money you have to start the business.

Your Seychellois employer will have to present ALL the following documents to MLHRD before he or she will be issued an approval certificate to hire you a foreigner:

Proof of vacancy adverts in a local newspaper or from a Private Employment Agency. LINK.
Copy of company’s License
Company’s Establishment List
List of respondents to the advert
Company’s Certificate of Incorporation
List of approved projects and their duration (where applicable)
Accommodation Certificate from Ministry of Health
Localization/Succession plan and/or training plan (where applicable)
Copy of previous GOP in case of renewal
Marriage Certificate if married to a Citizen of Seychelles
CV of prospective post-holder, if already known
Evidence of salary payment (where applicable)

Once your employer receives the certificate of approval, he/she will then apply for the GOP on your behalf and attach the certificate of approval with the application for GOP. Once ministry of home affairs in Seychelles approves you, then you will be issued your GOP. It will probably be mailed to you and then you can buy your airline ticket and head to Seychelles. Once you get there, you start work immediately without having to hustle for a job or for authorization to work.

The challenge however is, how to find employment in Seychelles whilst still in Nigeria. The only solution I can think of is to travel to Seychelles as a tourist, go to businesses there and drop your CV, land an interview and then once offered the job, the Seychellois employer will then start the process of applying for your GOP.

Seychelles is VISA FREE for citizens of all countries of the world including Nigeria but you must have a return airline ticket and show proof you have sufficient funds to last you for the duration of your stay. You must also book and pay for your hotel accommodation before going there. If you don't, they will turn you back at the point of entry at the airport in Seychelles.

You can visit Seychelles ministry of home affairs website to read more:
www.ics.gov.sc/immigration-seychelles/living-in-seychelles/gainful-occupation-permit

Hope this helps all of you who are interested in seeking employment in Seychelles.

Good luck!

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by Christie171(f): 2:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
Whoa! Thank you for the research

1 Like

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by luckymitin: 7:44am On Mar 10, 2018
Portblueke:
I was in Seychelles last week with my wife and as a Nigerian I would advice anyone going there to have everything CONFIRMED or you'll be sent back on the same flight that you came in with. She's Swede(E.U citizen) and am Nigerian. We were to spend a week there and for some weird reasons the agent who booked our ticket had a wrong returning date which made the immigration delay us at the airport for almost an hour and even had to confirm the account balance on my ATM before we could proceed in (They needed that to make sure I can change the airline ticket to match the 7 days we were to spend, despite the tickets were business class and our hotel was a 5 star). Long story short, my Nigerian friend who is a resident was waiting for us and whisked us to the hotel.

The country is nice generally. Very high standard of living and very expensive too. The citizens called Seychellois are more or less Europeans and mixed of about everything (Indian,African, Arabic and the rest). Everything but the public bus (SPTC) is expensive. The roads are clean and unwind in between rocks and there are various developments going on there. Victoria is the capital and for some reasons you'd think you're in Europe because of the modern setting. There are very few Nigerians there, probably 30 at most. They work in schools and some are on dependent visas(Once you marry their citizen you get that and yes their women like our men). Most Nigerians I would say (90%) are sent back upon arrival. I've been a witness to that. Once you have the green passport you'll be extra scrutinized and ultimately sent back.

I would advice any Nigerian going there to hustle NEVER to try it. If you're going for genuine reasons, that's fine but if you're going thinking you can cheat their system I'll say never try it. It's a small country of 90K people and everyone know each other. Once they sense you're not one of their own you'll be reported and get sent back. I met a Nigerian at a night club with my friends who had a 2 weeks visa and went to extend, he was given just an additional 2 weeks. I really wish Nigerians can stop trying to enter these visa free countries tho. Long story short we had a blast, had our wedding and our marriage certificate was dropped at the hotel after 2 days.
Are you in Nigeria now? My Friend have a Seychelles woman coming to meet him, Can they get married in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by lordally(m): 10:22pm On Aug 16, 2018
luckymitin:
Are you in Nigeria now? My Friend have a Seychelles woman coming to meet him, Can they get married in Nigeria?

Hello bro!! did the Seychelles woman later come to see your friend in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by gwinaB(m): 10:24am On Dec 22, 2018
Nigerians have messed up in Seychelles, so as a Nigerian coming to Seychelles, the scrutiny is extra, especially if you are a lone traveller and also a first timer. The island of Mahe is filled with very little population of blacks. You see whites, asians, Arabs mixed race, Creoles. Most people wear casuals like shorts and singlets, t-shirts etc. You need to have a minimum of at least 500 dollars or euro before they allow you in at the airport. As at this week $1=13.5008 rupees while €1=17 scr. Everything is expensive except fish and bus ride. The beaches are free. Car hire around anse aux pin is €40 per day off peak period and €60 during peak period. You also need to deposit in case of accidents. The finest beach on Mahe Island is Beau Vallon. It is located after Victoria. The island is very Picturesque.

2 Likes

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by oskaroni(m): 11:41am On Dec 22, 2018
gwinaB:
Nigerians have messed up in Seychelles, so as a Nigerian coming to Seychelles, the scrutiny is extra, especially if you are a lone traveller and also a first timer. The island of Mahe is filled with very little population of blacks. You see whites, asians, Arabs mixed race, Creoles. Most people wear casuals like shorts and singlets, t-shirts etc. You need to have a minimum of at least 500 dollars or euro before they allow you in at the airport. As at this week $1=13.5008 rupees while €1=17 scr. Everything is expensive except fish and bus ride. The beaches are free. Car hire around anse aux pin is €40 per day off peak period and €60 during peak period. You also need to deposit in case of accidents. The finest beach on Mahe Island is Beau Vallon. It is located after Victoria. The island is very Picturesque.
Not only Seychelles but everywhere, we re our own problems, yet we shift d blame on the government at the slightest opportunity, dt Green pali din cast, it is well grin grin Seychelles or Mauritius on my mind though

2 Likes

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by larot78: 9:57am On Jan 08, 2019
Any agent that can help with hotel booking and flight details...
Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by Followme744: 10:15pm On Mar 16, 2019
Please I need nigerian living here in seychelles, add me up on whtsapp +2347036566084, I got one matter to discuss, urgent

2 Likes

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by Pastorkennbriz: 3:49am On May 29, 2019
Good morning fellow nairalanders, plz do we have anybody here who is currently in Seychelles? Plz contact me

1 Like

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by chrisnsidibe: 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
Please am 'C' am interested in moving to Seychelles pleasese I need more information as to what and how to go about it and any one leaving in there to chat me on WhatsApp +2348169840478 please For God sake

1 Like

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by Africa1234: 4:25pm On Nov 02, 2020
hello guys this is 2020
any info and amount to spend on travel to the country listed
(1)Seychelles....any new info and how much will it cost me on travel and can I get a job or will it be possible to establish barbing saloon shop
(2)cape Verde... I heard alot bout the country that it a tourist country..but is it possible to establish a shop
I mean barbing saloon shop
(3)mauritius....any info

please guy's no insult...any info will be appreciate
thanks we are one
❤�

1 Like

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by Bacteriologist(m): 11:28am On Nov 20, 2020
Africa1234:
hello guys this is 2020
any info and amount to spend on travel to the country listed
(1)Seychelles....any new info and how much will it cost me on travel and can I get a job or will it be possible to establish barbing saloon shop
(2)cape Verde... I heard alot bout the country that it a tourist country..but is it possible to establish a shop
I mean barbing saloon shop
(3)mauritius....any info

please guy's no insult...any info will be appreciate
thanks we are one
❤�

Waiting for a reply to this

1 Like

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by AtamsMD: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2021
Hello, please is there any doctor in Seychelles on this platform or anyone that knows how to apply for medical jobs in Seychelles? Or is there any agent here or someone that knows an agent?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by GreaterFuture6: 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2022
Bacteriologist:

Waiting for a reply to this
Hello, are you there now?
Re: **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** by GreaterFuture6: 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2022
AtamsMD:
Hello, please is there any doctor in Seychelles on this platform or anyone that knows how to apply for medical jobs in Seychelles? Or is there any agent here or someone that knows an agent?
Thanks
Are you in Seychelles now??

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Bad Roads: Lists Of Roads Lagos Govt Will Be Working On Immediately / A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach / Man's Car Somersaults 3 Times And He Survives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.