Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? (3763 Views)

UpDate Breaking News: Update on Biafra News Live Video & Pic / El-Rufai & His Classmates At United Nations University-Merit, Netherlands (Pics) / POLL: Should A Referendum Be Held On Biafra?. THE CABLE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by kingzizzy: 9:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
Cross River and Akwa Ibom states habour several ethnic groups that include Ibibios,Efiks,Annangs, Oron,Etung,Igede,Nseke,Ekets etc. Generally, people from these two states are grouped as the Efik-Ibibio people and they have been neigbours to Igbos for thousands of years. With the rise in the agitation for Biafra on the national discourse, my question to the people of Cross River and Akwa Ibom is:

Faced with choice of remaining in Nigeria and seceding with Igbos as Biafrans, which would you choose?

I would appreciate it if only native indigenes of Cross River or Akwa Ibom answered as I think nobody should speak for them. Also state you ethnic group within these two states please.
Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 28, 2015
Answer is clear- they are not into it!
:\
TO ME IT SEEMS THAT IGBOS ARE NOT AT ALL INTERESTED IN SS PEOPLE BUT IN THEIR LAND (OIL). cheesy That's the reason why they open long threads to prove that Port Harcourt is Igwuocha. undecidedundecided
If PH was as dry as Ebonyi will you fantasize it as "Igwuocha?" undecided
Ole! Dreaming of SS' oil cheesy

SS pls run for ya lives grin grin

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
how does this make me win my freebet?
You can earn N100 on your Wasere account for freebet! Freebets can be claimed by any person who has not previously used Wasere All you have to do is to signup & place a freebet .
Once you signup you will be given a N100 free bet. You can only be given if you signed up through an invitation link from an already registered user. After registeration, you can start to invite others to earn your own commission. Follow the link on my signature to register.
Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by basilo101: 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
OilGas:
They never clamored for any Biafra.
go and tell that to Phillip Effiong

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by sammysammy111(m): 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
we re south south, not South East , so we re Niger Delta, ndito eka, nkor ntoro ?

15 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by rusher14: 10:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
It appears they are not interested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by seangy4konji: 10:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
If dem born all of you well. Do a public rally if we will not round all of you up including tour fellow brother for treason and trying to over throw a govern elected by even some of your people. Na bar beach soldiers weh never get work do for a while for fire you all and you will not be missed.

I will still check later for the offenses that will be read totii when you are all rounded up to be shot by firing squad.

U be militants Abi?threatening the peace of our country under a civilian rule.

I go deh chop Pomo and alomo while they execute you planners to disrupt peace of Nigeria at elegushi. Or even on your lands there. Ur family will desert you. Ko one send u message.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by Mishydoo(m): 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2015
Its high time some1 told dem...every nation has its struggle,Biafra is d igbo mans struggle.lev ND out of it.

By d way,d Nigga above me is crazy...dun undstnd a word he sed grin

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by Coolabbie: 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ibibio signing in!
We want no part of that dirty unengen alliance.
Let dem keep their Biafra in their zone.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
How would you know their genuine position on a faceless forum? Be ready to get replies from the 'WE SOUTH-SOUTH' imposters.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by kingzizzy: 10:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
sammysammy111:
we re south south, not South East , so we re Niger Delta, ndito eka, nkor ntoro ?

The question is not if your SS or SE, these names only came in use about 20 years ago or so. These names are not even recognised in the constitution
Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by Nobody: 5:05am On Oct 29, 2015

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by agabusta: 5:46am On Oct 29, 2015
Sowell28:
There's nothing like Efik/Ibibio language or Efik ibibio nation. Ibibio is not Annang,Efik is not Ibibio,and vice versa. It is ignorant to assume otherwise. Oron,Efik,Annang and Ibibio are different nations and are simply linguistic neighbors similar to (Swedish,Finnish,Danish and Norwegian ) or (North Korean,South Korean,Singaporean,Taiwanese,Japanese) . Finnish,Danish and Norwegian have similarities which ,while Swedish is a little more exclusive. African nations especially in west and central Africa settled in smaller landmasses. Eastern and southern African nations settled in Larger landmasses due to the somewhat arid nature of those lands which incurs Normadism. For example,Namibia or Botswana are each as large as Nigeria,but Have only two tribes and population of 1.2 and 1 million respectively.
The Population ratio between the nations contained within the Akwa Ibom/Crossriver region are as follows :
Ibibio - 100
Annang - 87
Oron - 80
Efik - 70
Eket (Ibibio)- 50
Ibeno (Oron)- 25

70% of the natural resources in the region are contained within Oron territory.And that makes Oron nation (Okobo,Oron,Bakassi,Mbo,Udung Uko,UrueOffong/Oruko) one of the wealthiest nations in the entire world if it were autonomous. Oron nation is two and half times larger than Singapore. Oron union was the first national Union in nigeria founded in 1924. Oronian Population is estimated at 1.1 million

Oron is a nation and Igbo is a nation.Oron will not be a part of igbo nation (biafra).

Quite educative.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by kingzizzy: 7:37am On Oct 29, 2015
agabusta:

Quite educative.

I also agree. I'm sure that most Nigerians don't understand the ethnic dynamics of Cross River and Akwa Iboms state. There was a time I thought the whole place was Ibibio land.

It it is also revealing that the Oron nation would be happier in Nigeria than with Igbos in Biafra. Well I wait to see what others have to say.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by mrvitalis(m): 7:59am On Oct 29, 2015
Even tho I don't buy kanu idea of Biafra.. ... I support only the LOWER NIGER REPUBLIC. ...
but all my akwa ibom... friends and neighbours supports Biafra more then the igbos around us

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by freez2ryme(m): 8:05am On Oct 29, 2015
kingzizzy:

I also agree. I'm sure that most Nigerians don't understand the ethnic dynamics of Cross River and Akwa Iboms state. There was a time I thought the whole place was Ibibio land.

It it is also revealing that the Oron nation would be happier in Nigeria than with Igbos in Biafra. Well I wait to see what others have to say.

Happy with Nigeria?
U re not even from oron
None of d posters in this thread is.
I c dat everywhere

D same Nigeria that rendered them homeless when they ceded Bakassi penessula to cameroonians.

Hmmmm d truth is dat BIAFRA will not be a forced union like Nigeria

Every region has to have control over their resources, Hence making every region to discover its potential

We won't practice d same system of government that failed in Nigeria.

A poster just said Oron is one of d richest region, how has changed dre livelihood in dis union?

I think u people re being sponsored to create thread and them flood them with useless comments.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by Pavore9: 8:14am On Oct 29, 2015
Sowell28:
There's nothing like Efik/Ibibio language or Efik ibibio nation. Ibibio is not Annang,Efik is not Ibibio,and vice versa. It is ignorant to assume otherwise. Oron,Efik,Annang and Ibibio are different nations and are simply linguistic neighbors similar to (Swedish,Finnish,Danish and Norwegian ) or (North Korean,South Korean,Singaporean,Taiwanese,Japanese) . Finnish,Danish and Norwegian have similarities which ,while Swedish is a little more exclusive. African nations especially in west and central Africa settled in smaller landmasses. Eastern and southern African nations settled in Larger landmasses due to the somewhat arid nature of those lands which incurs Normadism. For example,Namibia or Botswana are each as large as Nigeria,but Have only two tribes and population of 1.2 and 1 million respectively.
The Population ratio between the nations contained within the Akwa Ibom/Crossriver region are as follows :
Ibibio - 100
Annang - 87
Oron - 80
Efik - 70
Eket (Ibibio)- 50
Ibeno (Oron)- 25

70% of the natural resources in the region are contained within Oron territory.And that makes Oron nation (Okobo,Oron,Bakassi,Mbo,Udung Uko,UrueOffong/Oruko) one of the wealthiest nations in the entire world if it were autonomous. Oron nation is two and half times larger than Singapore. Oron union was the first national Union in nigeria founded in 1924. Oronian Population is estimated at 1.1 million

Oron is a nation and Igbo is a nation.Oron will not be a part of igbo nation (biafra).

Quite enlightening!
Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 29, 2015
See below a link to Philip Effiong website with the Biafran flag flying high!
http://www.philip-effiong.com

Biafra is the only option!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by kingzizzy: 8:59am On Oct 29, 2015
freez2ryme:

Happy with Nigeria?
U re not even from oron
None of d posters in this thread is.
I c dat everywhere

D same Nigeria that rendered them homeless when they ceded Bakassi penessula to cameroonians.

Hmmmm d truth is dat BIAFRA will not be a forced union like Nigeria

Every region has to have control over their resources, Hence making every region to discover its potential

We won't practice d same system of government that failed in Nigeria.

A poster just said Oron is one of d richest region, how has changed dre livelihood in dis union?

I think u people re being sponsored to create thread and them flood them with useless comments.

I'm an Igbo guy and proud Biafra supporter. But as much as I support it, I wanted to guage what the Cross River and Akwaibom states people think about leaving Nigeria with Igbos into Biafra which is why I started the thread. We have to know the opinion of these people. They poster said that Oron people are not interested so I said that I wait to hear what others have to say since just one opinion is not enough. Learn to read the posts on here well before commenting
Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by Kestolovee95(f): 9:05am On Oct 29, 2015
OilGas:
[s]Answer is clear- they are not into it!
Its only those that are carrying billboards (Igbos) that want it. If any other group wanted it they would have agitated for it.

Which of them cared that Nnamdi Kanu was arrested? undecided

To me it seems that Igbos themselves are not at all interested in the SS people but in their land! That's the reason why they open long threads to prove that Port Harcourt is Igwuocha. If I was your brother it will be clear primarily from our unique language and culture. You won't need 1914 maps.

But the truth is that some Igbos are showing them all those maps to claim the land (hence oil) is rightfully for the Igbos.

If PH was as dry as Ebonyi and filled with parasites will you claim that it is actually "Igwuocha?"

Funniest thing is that you don't know all these SS (especially Ijaws) dislike Igbos. Write scholarship exam or apply for oil job and see whether any name like Emeka will be shortlisted.

I am an Igbo, an educated and refined one. I have gone to places even outside the country. My eyes are too bright to be blinded by one idle Nnamdi's propaganda.

If SE is underdeveloped, it is because its her own doing. Funny enough even the states are not united. You fight a governorship candidate with passion claiming that the person is from Anambra Central or Anambra North; is not your brother and he can't be governor. Later on you come up on national stage and call the same person "your brother." Comeon gbafuo. Gbafuo there. Nonsense Biafra my foot. Begin by having a mass exodus to SE na? :/

E nweghi ihe madu a-gaghi a fu na uwa.[/s]

You are smelly yoruba man. Idomas don't have oil yet we are inviting them to join their kiths in Biafraland. Scarred faced yorruber your divisive antic is dead on arrival. People now know better that Igbos don't need anybody's oil to survive but Osun can't pay workers without Biafran oil.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by Kestolovee95(f): 9:08am On Oct 29, 2015
As usual 'we Ss' scarred faced yorrubas have invaded the thread. A dey laugh the zoo. News2020 come laugh with me abeg.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by badnature: 9:19am On Oct 29, 2015
why is it that when ever you asked people of old eastern region a question the Yoruba people are quick to respond? the have their own thread about yoruba land every body leave it to them but the are always interested in everything from old eastern region? insecurity at it pick
Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 29, 2015
Kestolovee95:

You are smelly yoruba man. Idomas don't have oil yet we are inviting them to join their kits in Biafraland. Scarred faced yorruber your divisive antic is dead on arrival. People now know better that Igbos don't anybody's oil to survive but Osun can't pay workers without Biafran oil.

which Biafran oil? Does Biafra have oil? Or is it those 2 wells in Imo? Or may be you are calling SS' property "biafran oil" grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by Kestolovee95(f): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2015
OilGas:

which Biafran oil? Does Biafra have oil? Or is it those 2 wells in Imo? Or may be you are calling SS' property "biafran oil" grin grin

yorruber man. Go and look at the original pre-66 map for the Bight of Biafra. Any drop that comes from around that region is 'Biafran oil'. Everyday i fast and pray that oil prices keep crashing. When it becomes useless, you yorrober dogs and your hausa masters will be forced stay away from Biafraland and end the 'oil unity' of the zoo.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by zuchyblink(m): 9:32am On Oct 29, 2015
OilGas:

Yoruba impostor,it is very easy to detect them,especially the unintelligent ones. Even my Edo friends here are die hard Pro Biafrans. What happen in Nairaland directly the opposite of what is achievable in real life

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by lawrenceunaa: 9:36am On Oct 29, 2015
kingzizzy:

y must u b their mouth piece when aren't them. Cross river and akwaibom is closest to SE than any other region

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by kingzizzy: 10:07am On Oct 29, 2015
lawrenceunaa:
y must u b their mouth piece when aren't them. Cross river and akwaibom is closest to SE than any other region

Why don't you people try to read this thread well before commenting? I'm a Biafran supporter who wants to know what the Cross River and Akwaibom people are thinking about Biafra. How can I be asking them their position and speaking for them at the same time?
Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by sammysammy111(m): 10:12am On Oct 29, 2015
kingzizzy:

The question is not if your SS or SE, these names only came in use about 20 years ago or so. These names are not even recognised in the constitution
shebi u ask of our position on biafra ? dats wat am telling u na, dat if we join d ibos de will treat us as minority, and bearing in mind d dat we share similarities with our Niger Delta people in d south south here, it will be good we stick together in our own struggle, na wetin me de talk be dat
Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by lawrenceunaa: 10:21am On Oct 29, 2015
kingzizzy

Why don't you people try to read this thread well before commenting? I'm a Biafran supporter who wants to know what the Cross River and Akwaibom people are thinking about Biafra. How can I be asking them their position and speaking for them at the same time?[/quote]
[quote author=kingzizzy post=39476791]

It it is also revealing that the Oron nation would be happier in Nigeria than with Igbos in Biafra. Well I wait to see what others have to say
Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by hollywhyte: 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
agabusta:

Quite educative.
sowell28 is advancing in ignorant, so well learn history on broader term not in a narrow way,sowell who are you,why create an imaginary boundaries that does not exist, and why follow them in their fragmented view of reality, why follow a way that Have been created out of creed and other selfish purpose, why deny our true. identity that has find false history to back it up, who are we ? trust me I don't believed or accept that ibibo is for few places, eket before now had rejected their true identity and recently accepted, some people in oron,ananng and efik have accepted to be a group of Ibibio, bro no matter how we twist our history truth is truth and truth it means the way it is, we are Ibibio, Ibibio is divided further into efik-ibibio, ananng-ibibio, oron-Ibibio,eket-ibibio and andoni-ibibio and am very sure afikpo maybe an Ibibio land that we are yet to discover. bro unity unity unity will make us stronger than disunity, the level of disunity among us is so high that sometimes I personal think that the kingdom of God is far from us our elders decieved us tell us lies. bro can we begins to picks pieces of our broken true identity and form the real us, bro we are fake that why we are minority in the the nation that we barely out number by the Igbo's. come on let be united we are one let get united for one year and see what change will take place from uyo to calabar.am humbly calling on our oron brothers, annang brothers efik brothers and all other Ibibio clan and group let come together and fight for unity let take back our rightful place,we are blessed but we can not tap our blessing if we don't come together. imagine I read a book about efik-Ibibio in calabar I cried because the writer insulted efik- Ibibio tribe in calabar,the way the writer described obong of calabar I felt so bad,it was like she was talking about youth Leader. all Ibibio wakeup
Re: What Is The Position Of The Efik And Ibibio Nations On Biafra? by NaijirianKing: 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
Philip Efiong was the first Vice President and the second President of the Republic of Biafra during the Nigerian Civil War of 1967 to 1970.

kingzizzy:
Cross River and Akwa Ibom states habour several ethnic groups that include Ibibios,Efiks,Annangs, Oron,Etung,Igede,Nseke,Ekets etc. Generally, people from these two states are grouped as the Efik-Ibibio people and they have been neigbours to Igbos for thousands of years. With the rise in the agitation for Biafra on the national discourse, my question to the people of Cross River and Akwa Ibom is:

Faced with choice of remaining in Nigeria and seceding with Igbos as Biafrans, which would you choose?

I would appreciate it if only native indigenes of Cross River or Akwa Ibom answered as I think nobody should speak for them. Also state you ethnic group within these two states please.

(1) (Reply)

UNBELIEVABLE: IPOB Educates Buhari On Referendum Process / Independent Day: Who Can Interpret This Punch Newspaper Cartoon Flakes / Breaking: Obi Currently Leading #NigeriansDecide Poll With Over 40% of Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.