Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,461 members, 7,801,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

"Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity (31906 Views)

Sterling Bank Unveils Auto Loan Scheme For Smes / First Bank Unveils Promo To Reward Verve Card Users / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by Adesiji77: 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2015
Union Bank of Nigeria Plc on Tuesday unveiled a new brand identity. The bank also changed its brand mantra from "big, strong and reliable," to "building simpler, smarter bank.”

The move, according to Union Bank, was in line with it's strategic ambition to become a highly respected provider of quality financial services in Nigeria.

Speaking at the unveiling of the new identity in a ceremony held in Lagos, the Chief Executive Officer/ Managing Director of Union Bank, Mr. Emeka Emuwa, said: “We believe that critical milestones we have achieved in the past three years have laid a solid foundation for us as a bank. The launch of this refreshed identity signals a new phase in Union Bank’s transformation as we set our sights on attracting a new base of customers while remaining focused on providing simple and smart banking solutions to all our customers.”

Emuwa pointed out that Union Bank had been a trusted name for Nigerians for nearly a century, saying that the bank would continue to leverage on its heritage as it embraces a rapidly changing world.

Also speaking at the event, Chairman of Union Bank, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma, said: “I am very proud of the strides the bank has made during my time as Chairman and I commend the board, management and staff on their hard work over the years and I am sure the bank continue succeed as it embarks on a new phase with a refreshed brand identity.”

The highlight of the brand launch event was the unveiling of a massive replica of Union Bank’s iconic white stallion in its new form and Union Bank’s new logo.

Speaking further about the new identity, Head, Corporate Affairs & Corporate Communications, Ogochukwu Ekezie- Ekaidem said as one of the longest standing financial institutions in Nigeria, the new identity pays homage to Union Bank's past and carries with its proposition for the future.

"In developing the new identity, remaining true to our brand proposition of simplicity was foremost in our minds. Our iconic white stallion, which represents strength and passion, is now in motion, cantering forward with energy and dynamism. We have introduced a modern typeface and updated our colour to a fresher and more vibrant blue. Finally, we have included patterns to infuse a contemporary feel to the overall identity,” she concluded.

Since 2012, under the leadership of Emuwa, Union Bank began rebuilding its banking business, by redefining its business model, rebuilding its technology, physical infrastructure and re-engineering its work force.

During this period, the bank has rolled out a new banking platform, Oracle FlexcubeUBS 12.0, and launched Smarter Banking Centres targeted at technology savvy customers looking for convenient banking service. The bank has also built a state-of-the-art data centre, and a new Central Processing Centre to streamline its branch operations and enhance customer service.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/union-bank-unveils-new-brand-identity/223988/ lalasticlala, dominique

5 Likes

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by HawksDude(m): 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
Nice. I like it.

Mogidi:
Very nice of union bank to re-brand, in the meantime Buhari also need to be re-branded for the boko haram loving dullard he is.
Your obsession with our president is alarming. You have absoluting nothing else to talk about? Calm down bro.

25 Likes

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by Merlissa(f): 10:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
I'd be back
Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
cool
Meanwhile,
You can earn N100 on your Wasere account for freebet! Freebets can be claimed by any person who has not previously used Wasere All you have to do is to signup & place a freebet .
Once you signup you will be given a N100 free bet. You can only be given if you signed up through an invitation link from an already registered user. After registeration, you can start to invite others to earn your own commission. Follow the link on my signature to register.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by Mogidi: 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2015
Very nice of union bank to re-brand, in the meantime Buhari also need to be re-branded for the boko haram loving dullard he is.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by kulobyno: 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2015
I don't know why I always pity this bank. One of my relatives who happens to be a marketer with them compelled me to open an account with them, the account is not very active like it should, I occasionally run it to make my relative happy; something in me always make me see them the way I see Microfinance Banks.

7 Likes

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by bigv(m): 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2015
They still should change it to: Union Bank.
"....the President's bank."

1 Like

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by teepsee(f): 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2015
I see. But that doesn't stop them from being one of my worst bank

2 Likes

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by Middlefinger1: 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2015
The ol' people bank.

2 Likes

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
Old papa n mama bank undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by menix(m): 10:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
Union bank no go kill person oooo grin grin

They should better sack all those oldies there, UBN was the only head quarter I have been to that if u don't place a stapler on ur document the standing fans will certainly fly ur documents to the bin..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
www.coolestchris..com is here again

i wanna be rich and famous like dangote

union bank is trying i wanna work with them

how much is sheun worth now

i Love Yahweh Elohim

2 Likes

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by opeyehmmy(m): 10:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
Are they truly smart? With their Old & expired staffs at d counter?
Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by Deivid10(m): 10:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
GOOD FOR THEM
Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by juliusocean(m): 10:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
none of my business.... on behalf of xvideos n collabo wit d vaseline crew we say goodnyt cool

3 Likes

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by Adesiji77: 10:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
Pictures...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by OlimehG(m): 10:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
Lovely! Good to know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by ChevvieSoft(f): 10:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
Okay... Kudos to dem
Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by kiltoko1(m): 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
better
Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by Intendy: 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
Na identity dem go chop
Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
The handwork of Okay Enelama, Ministerial nominee from Abia.

1 Like

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by Marvyx(m): 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
teepsee:
I see. But that doesn't stop them from being one of my worst bank

Bank with Ecobank and you will praise Union bank,

Ecobank has a unique method of spoiling someone's day.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by atilla(m): 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2015
I saw the new logo at the branch on Ahmad bello in vi.

I wish these banks would keep heir old logos cause I liked the old one plus the old fidelity one also

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by damton(m): 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2015
Buhari has bolstered their ego and motivation. when the president is your customer, you need not say much.

Much less a bank nigerians regard as an analogue generation Bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by RichDad1(m): 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2015
All thanks to PMB for the free publicity. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by crackhouse(m): 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ok
Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by yorke1: 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
Old bank
Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by godsfavoritee(m): 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
Mr nominee was actually right as regards to the new branding of union bank. Great way to start!!!

1 Like

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by tola9ja: 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
THE ONLY BANK BUHARI USED TO KEEP HIS TO KEEP HIS MONEY

IF YOU BELIEVE IT IS TRUE CLICK LIKE IF YOU DONT CLICK SHARE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in other news

[size=18pt]With the way MTN is Going, Soon You will see a text Like;
TONTO DIKE hasn't taken her bath for 3days. Text "SMELL"To 33419 To Smell Her Armpit![/size]

2 Likes

Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by austinbrown: 10:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
So make I go open union bank account because of the logo or mantra change? Nonsense
Re: "Building Simpler, Smarter Bank.”: Union Bank Unveils New Brand Identity by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
opeyehmmy:
Are they truly smart? With their Old & expired staffs at d counter?

And tellers that are always pregnant.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ventura Mall, Ibadan Is On Fire / Customers Groan As Opay Introduces 1% Transaction Fee / Nigeria Will Soon Create Digital Currency — CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.