Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Please, Who Can Explain This Etisalat Data Balance For Me? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please, Who Can Explain This Etisalat Data Balance For Me? (7575 Views)

Unable To Check Glo Data Balance And Subscribe For Data Since Yesterday / My Heart Beat Whenever I Want To Check my MTN Data Balance / How To Check Glo Data Balance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Who Can Explain This Etisalat Data Balance For Me? by Dfrenzy(m): 2:24am On Oct 29, 2015
Hi guys, I actually bought Etisalat data from one of these data resellers and, when I tried checking my data balance recently, by dialing *229*9#. The reply I got was "Your sponsor wallet data balance is 1522MB and you have 129MB data usage limit from 08*** valid till 2015-11-15 04:30. Thank you" Please anyone knows what this means?
Re: Please, Who Can Explain This Etisalat Data Balance For Me? by SmartMugu: 2:41am On Oct 29, 2015
Dfrenzy:
Hi guys, I actually bought Etisalat data from one of these data resellers and, when I tried checking my data balance recently, by dialing *229*9#. The reply I got was "Your sponsor wallet data balance is 1522MB and you have 129MB data usage limit from 08*** valid till 2015-11-15 04:30. Thank you" Please anyone knows what this means?
The telecoms networks in Nigeria are scamming everyone using them. Who still keeps track of MB in civilized countries? Several countries have unlimited data, talk and texts for a flat fee per month. In other words, you can talk on the phone 24 hours a day, 30 days a month, use the Internet on your phone and send unlimited number of texts locally for about $50-$60 a month. So, who worries about MB in such places.
The most I ever spent on phone was the last time I visited Nigeria about a year ago. Folks are getting milked by the telecom giants there.

Sometimes it takes you seeing how things work elsewhere to understand it could be better.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Who Can Explain This Etisalat Data Balance For Me? by StealthyMe(m): 2:41am On Oct 29, 2015
How many MB did you purchase? From what i can deduce, your balance is 129MB.
The 1522MB should be the data on the SIM that shared you, that is the reseller himself.

4 Likes

Re: Please, Who Can Explain This Etisalat Data Balance For Me? by lekjons(m): 6:32am On Oct 29, 2015
the 1529MB was the data reller's balance while the 129MB was yours.

i don't buy data from them again.

cos if the data reseller happens to exaust his/her own data, your own automatically expire with it, even if you still have many days left.

#talkingfromexperience!
Re: Please, Who Can Explain This Etisalat Data Balance For Me? by timbros(m): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2015
SmartMugu:

The telecoms networks in Nigeria are scamming everyone using them. Who still keeps track of MB in civilized countries? Several countries have unlimited data, talk and texts for a flat fee per month. In other words, you can talk on the phone 24 hours a day, 30 days a month, use the Internet on your phone and send unlimited number of texts locally for about $50-$60 a month. So, who worries about MB in such places.
The most I ever spent on phone was the last time I visited Nigeria about a year ago. Folks are getting milked by the telecom giants there.

Sometimes it takes you seeing how things work elsewhere to understand it could be better.

Oga, the OP asked a simple question. Answer him and forget this your long epistle.

We all know how our telecom companies work. You don't need to remind us.

7 Likes

Re: Please, Who Can Explain This Etisalat Data Balance For Me? by SmartMugu: 9:36am On Oct 29, 2015
timbros:

Oga, the OP asked a simple question. Answer him and forget this your long epistle.

The epistle is intended to create awareness. I wish I could help with his lost MBs.
Re: Please, Who Can Explain This Etisalat Data Balance For Me? by Squad4(m): 10:14am On Oct 29, 2015
lekjons:
the 1529MB was the data reller's balance while the 129MB was yours.

i don't buy data from them again.

cos if the data reseller happens to exaust his/her own data, your own automatically expire with it, even if you still have many days left.

#talkingfromexperience!

Oga, if you patronize people without integrity and nothing to loose, don't come here and make blanket statements. When you buy data you are allocated a usage limit which you cannot exceed, as you can see the re-seller in OP's post still has a lot of data on the sim meanwhile OP's limit has reduced. If the reseller has 40gb and allocates 40gb their data cannot be exhausted since all allocated to are restricted within their limits.

If you have dealt with dishonest resellers, try registered ones with alot of reputation and plenty to loose from a bad review; i personally use powerHQ. Search for them on google they have never failed me.

1 Like

Re: Please, Who Can Explain This Etisalat Data Balance For Me? by lekjons(m): 10:20am On Oct 29, 2015
Squad4:

Oga, if you patronize people without integrity and nothing to loose, don't come here and make blanket statements. When you buy data you are allocated a usage limit which you cannot exceed, as you can see the re-seller in OP's post still has a lot of data on the sim meanwhile OP's limit has reduced. If the reseller has 40gb and allocates 40gb their data cannot be exhausted since all allocated to are restricted within their limits.

If you have dealt with dishonest resellers, try registered ones with alot of reputation and plenty to loose from a bad review; i personally use powerHQ. Search for them on google they have never failed me.
Thank u..
Re: Please, Who Can Explain This Etisalat Data Balance For Me? by bobo65(m): 11:48am On Oct 29, 2015
timbros:

Omo d guy matter tire me

1 Like

Re: Please, Who Can Explain This Etisalat Data Balance For Me? by TechGuideHub: 12:47am On Feb 03, 2019
Check out this full guide below.

how to check your etisalat data balance
Re: Please, Who Can Explain This Etisalat Data Balance For Me? by Babalegba(m): 12:56pm On Feb 03, 2019
SmartMugu:

mobile data is expensive all over the world but landline data which you can use over WiFi is not but guess what ,Nigeria has no landline data because of her corrupt greedy citizens

(1) (Reply)

How Or Where Can I Stream Live Football Matches On Iphone For Free / Innjoo Halo Discussion Thread / MTN 2017 - Full List Of Data Plans, Bundles And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.