Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! (13548 Views)

soldsold sold eat Used Kia Cerato 2009 Model / Kia Cerato 2009 Model Naija Used(low Mileage)sold sold / Now Available Brand New Kia Cerato 2009 Model, Great Price.sam:07029322472 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by perfectbuy(m): 3:40pm On May 07, 2009
for more information:
-sam 07029322472  okaforkenechi@yahoo.com 

www.germaine-ng.com
GERMAINE AUTO CENTRE LIMITED
2nd round about, beside CHISCO transport,
lekki-ajah express way, lekki, lagos.

Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by GoldCircle: 10:09pm On May 08, 2009
Ehen! Kia don vex with this their new design! Ewoo!
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by Nobody: 4:42am On May 09, 2009
old_post
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by ElRazur: 8:45am On May 09, 2009
When it comes to car, hardly is anything original by design. Kia a doing a good job and I personally will consider them over manufacturers like BMW and Mercedes if am buying a new car in Nigeria.
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by stevoche(m): 8:36pm On May 09, 2009
typical of them to copy,if u av seen the 2009 honda city then u will know the new kia cerato is just a clone, thumbs up to kia so pple like us can still afford dem likes ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 09, 2009
old_post
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by poshdre1(m): 11:02pm On May 09, 2009
i don't see ant resemblance with the elantra.

it looks like a smaller version of the new kia optima with some traces of the new honda city.

i have never seen any other kia that looks like a honda!
which other cars do the picanto, rio, cerato, optima, sorento, sportage or borrego look like!!!

there may be a slight semblance with the hyundais cos hyundai owns kia!

they might be cheaper but they boast of originality!
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 10, 2009
old_post
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 10, 2009
old_post
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by poshdre1(m): 5:57pm On May 10, 2009
@ micha3l, I own a 2009 Hyundai Elantra, I don't seem to see any resemblance though , from the front, side, back , maybe you think the tail lights are similar.

Anyway, na Hyundai get Kia and they have tried very well to give their cars different designs.

The 2009 Kia Cerato is very cute and its un"kia-like" but lovely design!
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by 190: 6:34am On May 11, 2009
hmmm, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by Midas02(m): 6:50am On May 11, 2009
Kia models will always bear some form of resemblance to corresponding Hyundai models and the reason is very simple!

Kia corporation is wholly owned by Hyundai Automobile corporation. Kia ia therefore a subsidiary of Hyundai and their cars are fundamentally based on hyundai platforms. Although the sheet metal stylings are different, the common lineage and platform shared by the two companies models always permeates through.

All Kia models come from the same R & D (Research and development) department as Hyundai cars (Hyundai is the parent company) Hyundais are generally slightly more upscale in targeted market niche.

For those who do not know, here is eye opening information for you:

(1) Kia is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Corporation.  

(2) All Kia models share engine and transmission with corresponding Hyundai models.

(3) All Kia models share platform and monoque structure (shell) with Hyundai models.  

(4) All Kia models designed and manufactured before 2002 belong to an era when Kia was independent and therefore do not share components with Hyundai vehicles.

(5) Kia merger with Hyundai Motor Corporation occured sometime in 2002, however some of the models were carried over, gradually phased out and replaced with models that are jointly developed with Hyundai designs.

(6) Kia Sorento is one of the last of the Mohicans - it was a design that made it's debut in 2001 and therefore was before the Hyundai era, however Hyundai was smart and gracious enough to let it run its course. Kia Sorento made a successful run and was laid to rest in 2007! (RIP)
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by ElRazur: 7:14am On May 11, 2009
micha3l:

na wah o,  kia ova bmw, mercedes,  which kia?

Any time, any day! I will. smiley Please tell me what BMW X5 or Mercedes ML can do on a Nigeria roads that a Kia 4x4 cannot cut? You see, manufacturers like BMW and Mercedes are nothing but "premium brands" - a marketing gimmick for those who like to think they are "rich and superior".

of course there are original designs - by the top car makers eg lambougini, mercedes  who integrate present and future technologies (eg latest trends in aeronautics) into their cars
and then others (like kia) just copy and make cheap alternatives.
every kia is a honda, or hyundai or acura or mercedes look alike.

Nope there isnt. All designs are copied from an existing concepts. Such concepts are even copies of existing ideas, or modified ones. The people who really do come out with non-existing designs are those who design concept from scratch for the military - that is where the money is at for such things.

All car manufacturers copy each other. Pegeout and Citroen are sisters companies and their products use similar platforms. For example, Citreon C1 and Pegeout  106 are made in the same factory in Cezh republic. Not only that, the wheel base is the same and several components are identical. Mazda share platforms with Fords prodicts etc. Even the new Audi's sub-super car share components of Lamboghini! So you see, it is normal to copy and share platforms, so therefore, there isn't much originality.

that is not to say i hate kias - i kind of like the 2009 optima - its putting plenty of sweat on the hyundai sonata ( its also my pick for someone venturing into the brand new car market for the first time)

As already pointed out, Kia and Hyundai are sisters company. So it is not a big deal to share blue prints or same technology. Speaking of which, did you know that the GDI engine design by Mitsubishi from 10years or so ago, is the same engine that was licensed to VW and present in the latest Golf "FSI engine" now?

There has to be a good reason why the cheapest mercedes is prob almost the same price with the most expensive kia wink

It is all perception. A 10pounds digital wristwatch tells the time accurately as a 20 000pounds Raymond weil diamond encrusted wrist watch. I know which one I will pick! And it is the one which will leave me with a 19990 pounds bank balance!!
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by Midas02(m): 8:00am On May 11, 2009
People just don't listen!, there is no copying going on here!!! This two cars are simply siblings, so it is natural to have some resemblance!

@Mr Elrazur
Your information on the Mitsubishi 'GDI' engine and Volkwagen 'FSI' engine is a bit of a stretch. Actually to put it more accurately, your information is outrightly false!
Mitsubishi did indeed use the 'GDI' technology widely in the late 90's however, the technology itself has been around since the 2nd world war and had been used by several manufacturers long before Mitsubishi.

'GDI' stands for Gasoline Direct Injection and was first used in WW2 planes (in Germany) before the technology was transferred to cars. In Volkswagen 'FSI' stands for Fuel Stratified Injection. The truth is that both 'GDI' and 'FSI' refer to the same technology however each manufacturer often comes up with their own different acronym for a technology.

'GDI' or 'FSI' Engines are regular gasoline engines that use fuel injection for their air/fuel mixture however the difference is that the injection system directly injects gasoline into the combustion chamber under high pressure consequently resulting in the instant stratification of the gasoline. This results in a leaner fuel burn which leads to higher fuel efficiency and improved power output.

Regular Engines use 'Multi Port Fuel Injection' or 'Electronic Fuel Injection' systems where fuel is injected into the intake tract or cylinder port before being sucked into the combustion chamber for ignition.

Even though VW has been manufacturing some engines with 'FSI' technology since 2000, VW is touting this technology now becos all gasoline engines from VW are now 'FSI' equipped. And as far as licensing from Mitsubishi, there was no such thing - it is just mischievious rumor mongering and idle talk.

The fact remains that most major auto manufacturers have made use of Direct Injection Technology in one model or the other in their line-up. Mitsubishi was certainly not the innovator of the technology and they are not in a position to even hint at such outrageous claims. Let us get our facts right before we slam it into other's throat!
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by ElRazur: 8:20am On May 11, 2009
I could have swear on my life I read that info I posted with regards to selling the engine rights from way back. My car uses the GDI engine and I know what it stands for thank you. smiley

I see you quoted wiki at me, hmmm. In absence of me finding what I read from the past, yeah I have to admit, I may have recollected inaccurately from memory about the rights been sold. smiley
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by Midas02(m): 1:57pm On May 11, 2009
Wiki

If your car is GDI equipped it means you must either use a Mitsubishi Galant, Carisma or a Pajero. it also suggest to me that your car is not a US spec car cos the GDI was never featured in the US specs. US spec Galants use a standard 2.4L MPFI engine and the Pajero which is called Montero here is equipped with a variant of the 6G74 3.5L V6 engine which is not GDI but rather MPFI equipped.

I suppose I also Wiki'ed this too??
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by ElRazur: 3:06pm On May 11, 2009
Your post appears to me as a paraphrase of wiki. My view and yeah am sticking to it. smiley

You do realise there are 24hours in a day? Very useful information isn't? Maybe we should actually contribute to the thread. smiley For your information, I don't use any of those cars. smiley
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by Midas02(m): 3:16pm On May 11, 2009
By the way,  the stuffs you read in Wiki are written by everyday guys like me,  tongue (just a thot). I have written as much WIKI as the next white guy so relax!

It is quite possible you have taken some of my write ups in Wiki to be the Gospel truth wink . Broaden your mind and stop being so obdurate cos we are on nairaland. Na person write Wiki, no be spirit!

If you don't use any of those cars then you must use the Mitsubishi Diamante, but not the US spec. But that is because I assume you are in Naija cos if you are not in Naija then it is quite possible you are running around in a Mitsubishi Chariot Grandis (also known as the Space Wagon in Europe) or the Mitsubishi Dion (most unlikely though).

Anyway, what is my point?? Possibly want to piss you off and let you understand that you can just admit when you are wrong and stop trying to put others down by insisting they wiki'ed something you did not know, it is arrogant and graceless to do so wink . Peace.
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by ElRazur: 3:22pm On May 11, 2009
But that is why it is called a wiki,  Lmao. Thanks dude you are funny. grin

Now go and make some proper contribution to my thread here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-271124.0.html
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by Nobody: 8:24am On May 12, 2009
old_post
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by chiteny(m): 12:35am On Jul 26, 2010
How much presently is a brand new Kia 2009 Cerato and a Hyundai 2009 Elantra??
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by indie22(f): 8:03am On Jul 28, 2010
There are no more 09 models available in neither the Elantra or the Cerato.

Kia Cerato 2010 1.6L engine AT: 2.850m naira

Hyundai Elantra 2010 1.6L- 2.0L engine , prices between (2.8m and 3.177m naira) depending on the specifications.

Interested in any of the korean models, call CYNTHIA @ KIA MOTORS ON 07084911145, cheers!!
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by hitmanogo: 9:05pm On Aug 08, 2010
does hyundai nigeria has any auto financing plan for interested buyers, if they do how does the package come
Re: Introducing Kia Cerato 2009, Ever Better, Ever Affordable. Check it out! by indie22(f): 10:13am On Aug 09, 2010
Vehicle finance packages are available via various banks, Stanbic IBTC, diamond bank, Wema bank e.t.c. Interest rates and down payments differ, as well as monthly contributions.

If you're interested in vehicle financing, you can send me a text and i'll forward it to the reps at the banks to give you a call,

(1) (Reply)

Super Neat Black KIA SPECTRA 5 SX 2008 Tokunbo @1.9M (08096577304) / 2002 Honda Accord (babyboy) Special Edition / Volkswagen Golf 4 Wagon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.