Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now (24169 Views)

Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing / Smart Phone Battery Myth We Should Stop Believing / 5 Common Smartphone Battery Myths You Probably Acknowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by rozayx5(m): 9:10am On Oct 29, 2015
true my g9 tab is 1year now.. no problem
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by XBLadez: 9:11am On Oct 29, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by adaweezy(m): 9:11am On Oct 29, 2015
TechRez:
When people develop self-hatred over a brand, they tend to easily believe negative things about the brand which forms a a belief system that’s passed across to several persons.

No matter how you look at it, purchasing a Tecno smartphone doesn’t make you any less important than people who go for the big guns; the likes of iPhone, HTC and Samsung.

Despite this established fact, you begin to wonder why there are tens of thousands of people who will catch a cold at the mention of the brand Tecno.

[b]Short answer –
It’s because they have fallen for the myth that Tecno smartphones are a ridiculous excuse for being a mobile phone.

Sadly, if you have fallen for any of these myths, then chances are you have missed a couple of things that users are enjoying.

So what exactly are these myths? Although there are pretty numerous , allow me to share with you 4 of the most common ones mobile lovers fall for.

1. Tecno Smartphones Are Bad Because There’re Made In CHINA!
No doubt, we hear this boring phrase every time and those who want to take a jab at users of the product shot them with the phrase – Tecno na chinko.

Ouch….

Don’t Miss: Tecno Is Loosing The Smartphone War In Nigeria To Gionee?

While it’s entirely true that Tecno is China based, it doesn’t make the product any less durable. It would shock you to know that most major mobile vendors, including Apple has manufacturing plants in China and most of the products coming to Africa especially Nigeria are made in China.

2. Tecno Smartphones Are Just “A Piece Of Cheap Plastic”

Again, Tecno products are entirely made of plastic, only recently did the Chinese OEM start producing smartphones with leather shell and metal casing, better late than never. However, Tecno’s decision to stick with “cheap plastic” in the past does makes a whole of sense considering the fact that they control a market whose users are predominantly “low budget earners.”

It is a known fact that the highly rated Samsung Galaxy S series (up to the Galaxy S5) are made with a “cheap” plastic shell. Also, two years ago, the World’s most valuable brand Apple designed a line of iPhone in Plastic casing and no one gave a hoot about it, though it was an embarrassing flop.
[/b]
This is also very wrong, when you look at the quality/premium placed on tecno phones by the tecno manufacturers; you will definitely know that they use lower end resources to make sure phone which would fail the pass grade if shipped to the USA/Canada where quality is placed over price
For Years now Tecno has consistently used the lower cadre of mobile phone processors to power its devices unless the canon C8 is not an MTK phone maybe tecno has finally gone premium.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by optimusprime2(m): 9:12am On Oct 29, 2015
It still not justifies any tecnoish

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 29, 2015
IamBae:

There are up to 10 people now who bought it on Konga and by the way, that's not the only platform to buy the phone.
The Phone was even in dammy crane's video. He was showing it off.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 29, 2015
It would shock you to know that most major mobile vendors, including Apple has manufacturing plants in China and most of the products coming to Africa especially Nigeria are made in China.

Apple is an American company while Tecno is a chinese company. It's not about where the phones are made but the technology behind it. The worse Apple phone can never be compared to the best Tecno phone !

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by TechRez(m): 9:13am On Oct 29, 2015
andymofia:
OP, Take it or leave it, Techno is a low end phone and can never be compared to the iPhone, Samsung or HTC and the likes. If you like bring 100 reasons, it won't change the fact

I can't find where I said Tecno was up there with Samsung. Don't you think you are trying too hard? smiley
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by jamilkb(m): 9:14am On Oct 29, 2015
Whizpeter:
Ab0ki na Ab0ki, forget face cap...

*typing from my Tecno boom J7* cool
duM.b! Where did you see anything related to aboki?
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 29, 2015
IamBae:

There are up to 10 people now who bought it on Konga and by the way, that's not the only platform to buy the phone.
I know.
Just making fun of them.
Just 10?
After all their aggressive adcertising on Nairaland.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by ademipeju(f): 9:16am On Oct 29, 2015
ademipeju:
Enter here to nominate Nairaland Moderator of the year 2015

www.nairaland.com/2692096/nairaland-moderator-year-2015-nomination/3
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 29, 2015
TechRez:

Unlike other mobile vendors, Tecno has the strongest physical (offline) presence in Nigeria.
More than Samsung?

I believe we have to wait for official numbers from Tecno
Doubtful they'll release it.
They'd be too ashamed.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by andymofia(m): 9:26am On Oct 29, 2015
TechRez:

I can't find where I said Tecno was up there with Samsung. Don't you think you are trying too hard? smiley

Maybe you need to read my comments again. I never mentioned you said anything about Techno being up there with Samsung. Did I?
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 29, 2015
andymofia:
OP, Take it or leave it, Techno is a low end phone and can never be compared to the iPhone, Samsung or HTC and the likes. If you like bring 100 reasons, it won't change the fact
[size=20pt]MEDIC!!![/size]
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by andymofia(m): 9:30am On Oct 29, 2015
Souljeezy:
[size=20pt]MEDIC!!![/size]

TF?
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by ritababe(f): 9:31am On Oct 29, 2015
StealthyMe:
Well, nothing pisses me off than their lack of OTA updates on most of their devices undecided

what do u mean, phantom 5, camonc8 and boom j7, have ota update
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Emeka71(m): 9:31am On Oct 29, 2015
I am yet to use an Android phone; I still use NOKIA X2-01 and don't know how to root an android.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Ojugunrege(f): 9:33am On Oct 29, 2015
@ TechRez, much as I think some of the reasons you flagged above are true, I personally will never buy a Techno phone again.
my reasons?
1. they only gave a 1 year warranty on the phantom A3 I bought last year. who does that? give a 1 year warranty on a smart phone that costs 50k?

2. just about 2 months after I bought it, they launched d phantom Z making my A3 look like poo....big fit nothing if u like. when I bought the phone in January 2014, it was the highest brand they had. why release another soo soon?

3. I had enough issues with the phone. first it started charging slowly like 4 months after I bought it. i had to start using a desktop charger. as if that was not enough, d screen broke. that was when someone suggested the Carl care centre. they replaced d screen for 15k and discovered that the slow charging was cos of a bad battery..new phone, fa? but wait for this...they couldn't get a new battery in phc.

when I was in lagos last Dec 2014, I went to the Carl center and I got a battery for 1k. but u know what? I was told that phantom A3 was no longer being made.

4. why would they stop making a brand because they started making an higher brand? thus making its parts scarce and repairs near impossible?

5. fast forward to july 2015. I just opened the phone to receive a call and lo and behold the screen was cracked. I have not able to use it nor repair it since then.

6. I have seen people recieve calls on their cracked Samsung phones. my verdict, techno uses inferior materials.

7. in all d techno phantom A3 cost me 66K and a lot of pains!!!!!
it lays injured (cracked screen ) and maybe dead in my bedside locker. no hope of repairs, no parts anywhere!

I will not recommend techno devices to friends, family nor enemy.
anyone that buys it is does that at their own risk

4 Likes

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by groovie(m): 9:38am On Oct 29, 2015
TechRez:

Thanks smiley

Please where can I get a trio tab. I need a cheap 10incher not imose o!
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by xbernardx(m): 9:41am On Oct 29, 2015
The face tecno makes when their new phone no see customers.....

You made a nice point, but a leopard can never change its skin even after bathing a thousand times, i think tecno faces that stigmatization because of the impression they created when they stormed the Nigerian market, they probably thought we had no taste until we begin dull them na, but they are upgraded, and this is something their product has to speak out for not individual speeches, at least in recent years, Tecno has over turned the mobile industry, so we would be glad to welcome another major competitor to better harness the market rather than face the monopolistic tradition of having to make do with available resources............

#ProudlyNaija

China is the next phase of basic civilization in Africa, especially Nigeria, feel free to quote me anywhere for an intellectual debate

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by TechRez(m): 9:44am On Oct 29, 2015
andymofia:

Maybe you need to read my comments again. I never mentioned you said anything about Techno being up there with Samsung. Did I?
You sounded as if I did, .. no hard feelings bruh wink
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by TechRez(m): 9:45am On Oct 29, 2015
Ojugunrege:
@ TechRez

Yes dear smiley
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by callmelanner(m): 9:57am On Oct 29, 2015
TechRez:

I find it rather "heart-breaking" that you have to attach every article to monetary parameters. How did our society degenerate to this level?

Let me re-echo it again, that we do not have any sympathy for any mobile brand, neither do we write based on assumptions or emotions, but purely on facts.

It's really unfair to ask me how much Tecno paid me to put up this article because we are not for sale. We take the stuff we do on the blog seriously. Your time and your money are on the line when you’re deciding if you should purchase a tablet, smartphone, a PC peripheral, speakers, games or apps based on our judgement and we can't trade our reputation for a million dollars. Please take a seat! smiley

U were joking when u said "a million dollars" right?
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 29, 2015
ritababe:

what do u mean, phantom 5, camonc8 and boom j7, have ota update

Major or minor?

1 Like

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by TechRez(m): 10:01am On Oct 29, 2015
callmelanner:

U were joking when u said "a million dollars" right?

Integrity is being the same person anywhere and anytime. We have been tested before and didn't budge. (not with a million dollar bill though) wink
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Ojugunrege(f): 10:03am On Oct 29, 2015
TechRez:

Yes dear smiley

I have modified my post. pls read.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by TechRez(m): 10:10am On Oct 29, 2015
Ojugunrege:
@ TechRez, much as I think some of the reasons you flagged above are true, I personally will never buy a Techno phone again.
my reasons?
1. they only gave a 1 year warranty on the phantom A3 I bought last year. who does that? give a 1 year warranty on a smart phone that costs 50k?

2. just about 2 months after I bought it, they launched d phantom Z making my A3 look like poo....big fit nothing if u like. when I bought the phone in January 2014, it was the highest brand they had. why release another soo soon?

3. I had enough issues with the phone. first it started charging slowly like 4 months after I bought it. i had to start using a desktop charger. as if that was not enough, d screen broke. that was when someone suggested the Carl care centre. they replaced d screen for 15k and discovered that the slow charging was cos of a bad battery..new phone, fa? but wait for this...they couldn't get a new battery in phc.

when I was in lagos last Dec 2014, I went to the Carl center and I got a battery for 1k. but u know what? I was told that phantom A3 was no longer being made.

4. why would they stop making a brand because they started making an higher brand? thus making its parts scarce and repairs near impossible?

5. fast forward to july 2015. I just opened the phone to receive a call and lo and behold the screen was cracked. I have not able to use it nor repair it since then.

6. I have seen people recieve calls on their cracked Samsung phones. my verdict, techno uses inferior materials.

it lays injured (cracked screen ) and maybe dead in my bedside locker. no hope of repairs, no parts anywhere!

Sorry about your loss dear, and you surely have valid points.

I think Tecno should have a "trade-in" system, where users can bring in their old and defective Tecno phones and replace with a newer model, while parting with a few bucks.. That's the best solution to the issue you had.

It's something some other Smartphone manufacturers have started, I expect Tecno to follow suit, soon.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 29, 2015
Ojugunrege:
my reasons?

You caused the pain upon yourself..

Rules in buying a new phone

1:... check our the specs and price
2:.... Wait for several months(read unbiased reviews, hands on videos, first hand experiences etc)
3:..... never spend so much on an unknown brand

For God's sake, why would you spend so much on a product that isn't even known in its home country? The only place where Tecno is sold is Nigeria simply because there aren't regulations here. I can bet you, these Tecno phones don't work abroad. Thats the fact

2 Likes

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by daremarvell: 10:13am On Oct 29, 2015
adaweezy:

Pundits where always right about the very low standard of tecno, when you look at the quality/premium placed on tecno phones by the tecno manufacturers; you will definitely know that they use lower end resources to make sure phone which would fail the pass grade if shipped to the USA/Canada where quality is placed over price.
For Years now Tecno has consistently used the lower cadre of mobile phone processors to power its devices and unless the canon C8 is not an MTK phone maybe tecno has finally gone premium.
I still wont recommend a tecno phone except its basically for calling and receiving
Why didnt you mention their low resale value ?
guy you need to change your perception about the brand. Their devices are very good and durable
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 29, 2015
I use TECNO L7 and I love it smiley

Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by TechRez(m): 10:18am On Oct 29, 2015
ollah1:

You caused the pain upon yourself..

Rules in buying a new phone

1:... check our the specs and price
2:.... Wait for several months(read unbiased reviews, hands on videos, first hand experiences etc)
3:..... never spend so much on an unknown brand

For God's sake, why would you spend so much on a product that isn't even known in its home country? The only place where Tecno is sold is Nigeria simply because there aren't regulations here. I can bet you, these Tecno phones don't work abroad. Thats the fact

My bruh smiley...
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 29, 2015
am using a TECHNO.
Re: Four Absurd Tecno Myths You Should Stop Believing Right Now by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 29, 2015
TechRez:

My bruh smiley...

Yes bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mtn Disses Etisalat In Its Number Portability TV Commercial / Blackberry Bold 10[picture] / Which Phone Can I Get Budget 60 To 70k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.