Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna (24207 Views)

Don’t Make English, Maths Compulsory For Students Seeking Admission – Okorocha / British Soldiers Visit Nigeria Defence Headquarter (PHOTOS) / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by blacksta(m): 5:30pm On May 07, 2009
A Deputy Director in the Procurement Department of Ministry of Defence, K.K. Crubio, is one of the parents whose sons lost their lives in a bid to secure admission into the Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna, on Monday.

Three of the intending cadets, Daily Independent gathered, died on Monday while taking part in the 3.3-kilometre race made mandatory by the selection board as part of requisite for admission into the prestigious military school.

The incident is reminiscent of hundreds who lost their lives during the 10-kilometre jogging exercise conducted as part of requisite for recruitment into the Nigerian Custom and the Nigeria Prison Service late last year.

The incident drew public ire, prompting the National Assembly to probe the circumstances surrounding the incident.

The dead, it was learnt, were part of the over 1,000 candidates who, having passed the written examination conducted in March this year, were invited for the mandatory physical exercise which must be passed before admission is considered fully secured into the school.

Rules and regulations guiding admission into the school, makes it compulsory for all intending students to present certified medical certificate of fitness before being allowed to take part in the exercise. The deceased too, it was learnt, presented certificates obtained from different government-owned hospitals.

It was gathered that the casualties were recorded among the first batch who took to the road early in the morning as sources disclosed that about 10 of those who collapsed as the race was drawing to a close.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/may/7/709.html
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by blacksta(m): 5:32pm On May 07, 2009
Why does anybody think they can wake up one morning and decide to exert the body with over 3 mile distance of jogging without any kind  of initial training or body conditioning exercises.

is it poverty or miseducation ?
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by yicob(m): 5:56pm On May 07, 2009
I remembered the day i went for Gulder Ultimate Search 3 selection in Union Bank sport complex, Surulere Lagos. We were made to run an unending race. It was not that easy. . . . .many people collapsed on the way. Though I ran till we were made to stop but i could not catch a breath until after 5 minutes or thereabout. May the guys RIP.
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by MaiSuya(m): 6:36pm On May 07, 2009
My deepest condolences to the bereaved . . . however, did I hear 3.3km? I wont describe myself as athletically inclined, but I have personally done about 4km before. I doubt they were in the best physical condition before they started the race, and to think a hospital had given them a clean bill of health.

They are training to become soldiers; a profession that demands the best physical state. Its only logical that the circumstances they will face when (if) they eventually assume duty be equivalent to the rigors they are made to undertake during the traing process.

If it is 10km, then that probably was a bit too extreme.
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by joshO: 7:45pm On May 07, 2009
circumstances they will face when (if) they eventually assume duty

I'm not an expert on the Nigerian armed forces, but if the evidence on display is to be considered - where officers parade massive pot bellies with the suspicion that many join for possible future political opportunities (though I hear the army is now more "professional"wink, then this exercise may have been the most exerting physical hurdle they were likely to ever face.

Sad news though.
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by congoshine(m): 7:51pm On May 07, 2009
blacksta:

Why does anybody think they can wake up one morning and decide to exert the body with over 3 mile distance of jogging without any kind of initial training or body conditioning exercises.

is it poverty or miseducation ?

Both . . . . .
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by naijaking1: 8:36pm On May 07, 2009
It's all a big shame. Many of these applicants were not obviously fit, but why didn't government provide and expect this type of emergency
Did they have a medical team on stand-bye?
Were there ambulances?
What about adequate preparation?
Somebody at this institution should definitely be punished so that next year year we'll not be told that 10 died trying to gain admission to NDA.
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:15am On May 08, 2009
blacksta:

The incident is reminiscent of hundreds who lost their lives during the[b] 10-kilometre jogging exercise conducted as part of requisite for recruitment into the Nigerian Custom[/b] and the Nigeria Prison Service late last year.

10 km! WOW that is longer than most marathons shocked
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by TymeBomb(m): 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2010
Admission in the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna [/b]is by connection. If you do not know any General, Commissioners or Senator, no admission in the [b]Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna [/b]for you because because I have written the examination three times but the person that helped me is a [b]Major General and I guess you all reading reading this would want to know how I eventually became a Cadet in the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna?

Well, this is to inform the general public that Special Application for admission into 63rd Regular Course of the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna [/b]is now be available.

No examinations, tests and screening, interested candidates are advised to contact:

[b]Major General K.P. Sanni

The Administration Officer
Nigerian Defence Academy
Kaduna

Direct Contact
teedot2@hotmail.com

Admission is 100% guaranteed, trust me!
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by Onlytruth(m): 6:04pm On Aug 05, 2010
Mai Suya:

My deepest condolences to the bereaved . . . however, did I hear 3.3km? I wont describe myself as athletically inclined, but I have personally done about 4km before. I doubt they were in the best physical condition before they started the race, and to think a hospital had given them a clean bill of health.

They are training to become soldiers; a profession that demands the best physical state. Its only logical that the circumstances they will face when (if) they eventually assume duty be equivalent to the rigors they are made to undertake during the traing process.

I'm laughing.

I personally do 3.5 Miles which is 5.6 Kilometers almost on weekly basis.
I even think the 10 km should be for the soldiers. undecided

Everything is upside down in Nigeria.

Anyone who is not physically fit ( and I don't mean on paper undecided by doctors office undecided, I mean really practically fit) should never go for such recruitment exercises.

We mustn't all be soldiers.
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by coolier(f): 6:14pm On Aug 05, 2010
Mai Suya:

Good talk here.
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by Beaf: 6:22pm On Aug 05, 2010
It is the training or punishment that killed them, not any running. Some of the things that are done there are just barbaric and need modernising.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-281409.0.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/153357_NDA_7_jpgf97047216780e626cadf2e8151f217b0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/153356_NDA_6_jpg377fbe6f1effd167c7f3313ea4e9cf2e
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by Onlytruth(m): 6:32pm On Aug 05, 2010
^^^

Wonder what those have to do with firing a rifle accurately. grin undecided

Some of the best Biafran soldiers ( as I heard) were women, and I doubt they were ever subjected to such "training or punishment".

1 Like

Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by tkb417(m): 6:50pm On Aug 05, 2010
thank God we all dont have to be soldiers cos i for don kpeme
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2010
I suspect they were possibly dehydrated and did not get treatment immediately. 10Km is not impossible to run for anyone. I do about 3 times of that each week, sometimes on an empty stomach . . . the key is to make sure to hydrate as much as possible.
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by oderemo(m): 8:53pm On Aug 05, 2010
I do about 3 times of that each week, sometimes on an empty stomach .
kobo . u go fit oh.
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2010
ode remo:

kobo . u go fit oh.

sure . . . ROFLMAO!!

yeah, I jog to the Redbox machine and back most every day. lol
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by bawomolo(m): 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I suspect they were possibly dehydrated and did not get treatment immediately. 10Km is not impossible to run for anyone. I do about 3 times of that each week, sometimes on an empty stomach . . . the key is to make sure to hydrate as much as possible.

are you running from your creditors grin i kid i kid

good to see you are staying fit
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by oderemo(m): 9:07pm On Aug 05, 2010
yeah, I jog to the Redbox machine and back most every day. lol
i only jog to my fridge for my barcardi ice, play with the children only on sat.,
have u ever seen a fit british builder b4. lol.? grin grin grin
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by mynaija123(m): 6:46pm On Dec 22, 2010
Pls does any one has information of how i can become a cadet I am from the south and have done the exam twice.
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by emb(m): 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2010
u die, u die no body send u, undecided nda is not for daddy boy or unfit people please, lets think b4 we take our steps, sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by Mummysbride(m): 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
The militry is no childish play not for daddys boy or girl is only for the fitted.i have done all that and pass through all the training
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by gswags2(m): 6:38am On Dec 05, 2013
Beaf: It is the training or punishment that killed them, not any running. Some of the things that are done there are just barbaric and need modernising.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-281409.0.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/153357_NDA_7_jpgf97047216780e626cadf2e8151f217b0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/153356_NDA_6_jpg377fbe6f1effd167c7f3313ea4e9cf2e
......it was screening not training dey can't train dem till dey get in
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by CadetLawan: 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Applications for Admission into the 2015 67th Regular Course is currently going on, Make sure you register for JAMB, i will advise you as my own brother or sister because i am Already in the Academy, i passed through this same process before you and i know how it takes to get Admission into NDA and for those of you who don't have some one to help you process the admission, to be truthful it will be very difficult for your name to be out or admitted, NDA is not by how you are Clever in school or good and NDA is not like any other Academy. It is very easy for those who have great influence and i will advice you get to know Major Gen. Wambai, truly he was the one that helped me and i am proud be a cadet today you can call him on this number (08077684016) he is free and humble person, tell him is Cadet Tunde Lawan that gave you the number because he is like a father to me now and if not for him i would not have been here by now, and its a pity that some of my friends who ignored my advice in seeking Major General Wambai for help are still writing this same exam next year again and i know with this man's help they will get the admission speedily this time.

I like you all and i want the best for you......
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by LordMecuzy(m): 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
CadetLawan:
Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna Applications for Admission into the 2015 67th Regular Course is currently going on, Make sure you register for JAMB, i will advise you as my own brother or sister because i am Already in the Academy, i passed through this same process before you and i know how it takes to get Admission into NDA and for those of you who don't have some one to help you process the admission, to be truthful it will be very difficult for your name to be out or admitted, NDA is not by how you are Clever in school or good and NDA is not like any other Academy. It is very easy for those who have great influence and i will advice you get to know Major Gen. Wambai, truly he was the one that helped me and i am proud be a cadet today you can call him on this number (08077684016) he is free and humble person, tell him is Cadet Tunde Lawan that gave you the number because he is like a father to me now and if not for him i would not have been here by now, and its a pity that some of my friends who ignored my advice in seeking Major General Wambai for help are still writing this same exam next year again and i know with this man's help they will get the admission speedily this time.

U registered this Monicker today?
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
CadetLawan:

mr cadet ,which course are you ,battalion.......you can't go around fooling people.if truly you are a cadet you know you can be charged for this.
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by kabiruman: 9:44am On Apr 16, 2015
My name is Cadet Kabiru Usman and i am from Kano state, i gained admission into Nigeria Defence Academy in the year 2012 through the help of Major General Wambai indeed i never thought i can ever get admission again after the second time i failed the the exam and it was not as if i did not prepare for it but soon i discovered it was just because i did not have some one helping me out in regards to the admission Processing, they just deliberately failed me and just the third time my Father and i was wise to seek for a genuine helper then i found this Great man named General Marcus Wambai and he help me exactly the way he promised and when the list was out my name also came out and today i am proud to be a Cadet. So i am using this medium to advise if you need help in regards to the Processing or you are finding it difficult to get the NDA form where you are it is 100% sure that he can help you out with ease once you are a serious type he will put so much of his time, influence and effort to help you and how to reach him call this number :08077684016 i was told by my father that he only have space for 12 persons each year so hurry up. if only you can call and and cry to him i believe he will help you too.
Re: Three Die Seeking Admission Into Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna by okorokion: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2015
i just want to say a bigger thanks to major bayero danmiru for helping to secure admission into the nigeria defence academy,my name was among the first first bagde that was release a week ago,so i am preparing for the interview.please my fellow nda student there is still chance for you to make it because the second bagde is not release so all you have to do is to call him on 07036696742 he will help you all.

(1) (Reply)

Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows / Man Killed By NAF Jet In Adamawa (Graphic Photos) / Why I Invaded PDP Secretariat, Chased Chairman, Excos Out Of Office – Adewale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.