Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,607 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN (10585 Views)

When You Are From Croatia But Your Girlfriend Is Nigerian. #WorldCup (Photo) / Aj Styles New Wwe Champion And Other Results / With Mojo Rawley And Apollo Crews So Far Confirmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by AyeeIdris(f): 8:08am On Oct 29, 2015
So I am a huge WWE mark since I was a child and I still follow it religiously. For a few weeks, there has been a lot of buzz about a new wrestler in NXT...WWE developmental.. Name- Apollo Crews. I was quite indifferent because WWE is not really known for pushing pure black guys to the top (Booker T was never RAW champion and the New day are self made. The rock is Samoan....just countering all arguments before it begins). Anyways, he just arrived and has become the Number one contender for the NXT champion. That made me take notice. Like ....ok...Maybe WWE has plans for the guy other than just mid card level things. So I googled the guy and I was pleased to discover the guy is a Naija boy....or as Wikipedia put it "Of Nigerian descent"

Apollo Crews's real name is Sesugh Uhaa (which side be this abeg). He is apparently a huge indy star having wrestled in smaller outfits like Dragon Gate USA promotion, which also led to him making his first trip to Japan to work for Dragon Gate. Born in Sacramento, California, Uhaa was raised in Atlanta, Georgia and early on fell in love with professional wrestling, becoming a fan of performers such as Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock and especially Kurt Angle. He went to a military high school and began practicing various sports, including soccer, football and track and field, as both an outlet and a way to "get away from the military life".While weight training in high school, he was given the nickname "Uhaa Nation", when his coach noted that he was "as strong as a single nation".

Although, he didn't win his first title match due to outside interference, he was made to look strong. That he is being pushed so soon after weeks of promos of his arrival shows that Triple H has big plans for him . I just hope it transcends to the main stage and he is pushed to the top. I mean he is a high flyer AND a power house. That's amazing.

In random news.... "Sorry about your damn Luck' James Storm, Beer Money himself is now in NXT. Whoooohoooooo #yeahiwatchtnasometimestoo

@lalasticlala @honeric01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_SLQYPC6Vw

Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by Kudducini(m): 8:15am On Oct 29, 2015
Are You Sure The Crew Is From Nigeria?? Cos I Trust Nigerians Oh Dem Fit Turn Runaway Crew After 2 Match
Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by MrScript(m): 8:24am On Oct 29, 2015
Sesugh.. I guess he's from the tiv speaking tribe of Benue State...

2 Likes

Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by AyeeIdris(f): 8:56am On Oct 29, 2015
Kudducini:
Are You Sure The Crew Is From Nigeria?? Cos I Trust Nigerians Oh Dem Fit Turn Runaway Crew After 2 Match

Lol. He is Nigerian alright or his parents are.....see his wiki page
Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by AyeeIdris(f): 8:56am On Oct 29, 2015
MrScript:
Sesugh.. I guess he's from the tiv speaking tribe of Benue State...

Ok. Cool
Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by Kudducini(m): 8:59am On Oct 29, 2015
AyeeIdris:

Lol. He is Nigerian alright or his parents are.....see his wiki page

Ion Believe Gime A Link To His Page
Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by AyeeIdris(f): 9:01am On Oct 29, 2015
Kudducini:

Ion Believe Gime A Link To His Page
angry bros e no hard to google am angry
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhaa_Nation
Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by Kudducini(m): 9:05am On Oct 29, 2015
AyeeIdris:

angry bros e no hard to google am angry
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhaa_Nation

Chai This Guy Ehn Shey Na Because Of Money He Wan Take Risk Anyway Wrestlers Are Human Xo He Too Can Make Way

Goodluck To Him
Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by theSpark(m): 6:54am On Oct 31, 2015
Never knew Dwayne Johnson was Samoan.
Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by klarrychenko94: 7:46am On Oct 31, 2015
lalasticlala
Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by Yustash001(m): 10:00am On Oct 31, 2015
He look more like Bobby Lashley....he should be proud of his country.....pls tell him only biceps and muscles can't do it...
Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by AyeeIdris(f): 11:32am On Oct 31, 2015
Yustash001:
He look more like Bobby Lashley....he should be proud of his country.....pls tell him only biceps and muscles can't do it...

The guy is a high flyer as well....a rare combination for a muscular guy. His Mic skills....well time will tell there
Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by ComrdDRS: 11:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
Sesugh Uhhaa is a Benue name. Tiv speaking precisely.
Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by oloriooko(m): 6:56am On Apr 14, 2016
The guy is Nigerian? His athleticism with all those muscles is impressive
Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by daviddagreat: 7:24am On Apr 14, 2016
theSpark:
Never knew Dwayne Johnson was Samoan.
are u kidding? every true wrestling fan knows that
Anyways I've watched a couple of his matches seems wwe have great plans for him.just hope he doesn't end up like rusev after J.Cena happened to him.

The Big Dog still remains my favorite performer

Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2018
Who is your favorite wwe wrestler?
Re: Meet Apollo Crews. The Future WWE Champion Who Is NIGERIAN by Kakamorufu(m): 10:47pm On Jan 12, 2018
Awon ti david mark

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Vs Namibia: AFCON 2023 (4 - 0) On 21st January 2024 / Oparanozie: Nigeria's Lack Of 'Adequate Preparation' To Blame For 8-0 Drubbing / NPFL Winner To Pocket N80m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.