Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,902 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta (35007 Views)

Relationship Between Yorubas And The Itsekiris / Gorgeous Urhobo Bride From Niger Delta / We Are Itsekiris And Warri Is Our Home Land Known As Warri Kingdom Or Iwere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
At least, they look better than Zulus of South Africa in their costumes!

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
scholes0:

Infact, you have done the actual tribute, what I did in the opening post is just Introduction
They are indeed wonderful people. The person who made me love Itsekiris (at first) was Richard Eyimofe Damijo (RMD) and his superior acting.

Is RMD an Itsekiri or an Urhobo.Or Itsekiri maternally?
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Infoay: 10:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
So good to know
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
@fratermathy sheybi u see wenti I they talk ?.. After so many begging , Fasting And prayer.. Na now day break for mod to move am Go FP.. I think they are doing it on purpose to frustrate our effort..

Na them sabi.. as for me , my work on this forum is almost complete.. Letting Nigerians and The World Know Niger Deltans are United , using warri as a case of Study

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this post.. God bless my Yoruba brothers for there Support and contributions @Scholes0 I gat 1 parkage for u.. I 1 give u 1 Urhobo girl marry.. grin

7 Likes

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
Rayhut:
When ships are down, Yorubas will understand that this is 2015 not 1967. Digging out old event won't solve Nigeria problems. One Nigeria can't work in this jet age. Wonder why Biafra is always giving Yorubas high blood pressure. Did Scotland fight a war with UK to vote in referendum to seek for self determination. Few SS people is against Biafra because they don't want another war, but when UN allow referendum in former old eastern Nigeria that is when Yoruba eyes go clear, because no sane SS person will like to remain in Nigeria, the oil they have none of them own an oil well, northerners own all the oil well in SS. In Biafra every state own it own oil or resources, manage it and pay tax to central government just like US, UK, Germany etc No state in Biafra will depend on another state resources

The Niger-Delta can't never be part of the so-much-agitated-for Biafra Nation.

6 Likes

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
VirginFinder:

But you speak Yoruba, bear Yoruba names etc
What's left?

Speaking same language doesn't make me your tribe or bearing similar name.. I think you should respect that decision..

Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by ifihearam: 10:25pm On Oct 31, 2015
@poster. So you did not acknowledge a Orince from a royal household in the itsekiri kingdom? Ebobooooo

Anyways nice write up and never a dull moment with us.

Long live the olu of warri kingdom
Long live The Iwerre People.

Ogiame Suoooooooo

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 31, 2015
airsaylongcon:

I have always believed RMD was an aladja man

That was what I know before o.
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by dopeJemi: 10:25pm On Oct 31, 2015
[size=28pt]Erale oh[/size]
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by robay(m): 10:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nice thread,I love Itsekiri culture
Proudly yoruba boy GOD bless yoruba nation GOD bless Itsekiri nation GOD bless edo nation. GOD bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by onuwaje(m): 10:32pm On Oct 31, 2015
grin

Til I quench
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by DJMCOTTY(m): 10:32pm On Oct 31, 2015
scholes0:

The Itsekiri are reputed to be the best dressed people in the Niger Delta, blessed with a beautiful culture and people, as well as the majority of Delta state's Oil wealth.
Mo ki Aghan oma Iwerre dede!

cc: Lalasticlala
Dedicated to my Itsekiri friends in real life: Eyitemi, Tosan, Gbemiloye Fregene, Ayo Meyiwa, Tsola Obasuyi, Omagbemi Edema, Temisan Toritseju, Nana Shola Omasan, and not least Gbubemi 'Asiwaju'. Shalla to all of una if y'all see this.
And to my Itsekiri friends here on nairaland: Goodboiyy, Onuwaje, Setaje, Omagbemi20, Stinggy, Richiest, asamaigho, iceberryose, mop4, Others like fratermathy
oma iwere! Mo kiaan dede!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
DBriteLitehouse:

The problem is that Urhobo/Itsekiri are two tribe I can't explain.. Calling RMD Urhobo or itsekiri doesn't matter. Cous Urhobo and Itsekiri Are ONE PEOPLE

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by vislabraye(m): 10:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ayo Oritsejafor.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Awoofawo(m): 11:12pm On Oct 31, 2015
grin
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
Rayhut:
When ships are down, Yorubas will understand that this is 2015 not 1967. Digging out old event won't solve Nigeria problems. One Nigeria can't work in this jet age. Wonder why Biafra is always giving Yorubas high blood pressure. Did Scotland fight a war with UK to vote in referendum to seek for self determination. Few SS people is against Biafra because they don't want another war, but when UN allow referendum in former old eastern Nigeria that is when Yoruba eyes go clear, because no sane SS person will like to remain in Nigeria, the oil they have none of them own an oil well, northerners own all the oil well in SS. In Biafra every state own it own oil or resources, manage it and pay tax to central government just like US, UK, Germany etc No state in Biafra will depend on another state resources

What the fvck does that even mean, "when ships are down"? Were ships up before Or did you mean "when the chips are down"?

8 Likes

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 31, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Bros, I understand the frustration but take it easy. The moderators have the responsibility to take beautiful threads like this to front page. We have to show the world that Nigeria is not about Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa alone. You guys are doing a very wonderful job in promoting Niger Delta region- The Beautiful bride of Nigeria.

Lalasticlala Obinoscopy please check out..

Nice one! I so much love Niger Deltans- Itsekiri, Urhobo, Ijaw, Ibibio, Andoni, Ogoni, etc; even Edo. I always felt bad anytime there was crisis in this place or being denied their rights, true development and self determination. Yorubas love you, yes we do; just as we protested to death for Saro Wiwa and fought for Gej to be made acting president.

we can never think of grabbing your land or resources as we have these in abundance coupled with low birth rate. If I never married I would have considered Itsekiri though I tried to hook one Urhobo lady in Ekiti but failed(they make good wives) but a wonderful man from Ugheli married my baby sister. One love my in-laws.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by akigbemaru: 11:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
Itsekiris people!
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
Goodboiyy:

This 1 you they give me kiss so, abi you don they like me ? grin..

Well itsekiri love Yoruba too.. That y u see them always forming alliance with Them. but the only problem we have with them is the identity stuff.. we hate been called Yoruba..

You might hate being called Yoruba for whatever reasons,but I tell you the similarities are just too obvious to be ignored. Take it or leave it,your origin is Ile-ife in Osun state. Challenge yourself and research that fact. Awolowo did not just love Itshekiri;he knew they were Yoruba. I'm not advocating Yoruba identity for you here;not at all. But if you honestly hate being called yoruba,then you hate your root !

3 Likes

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by 4everGrand(m): 11:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
Na so o. Itsekiri all da way.
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by jaymichael(m): 11:45pm On Oct 31, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Well itsekiri love Yoruba too.. That y u see them always forming alliance with Them. but the only problem we have with them is the identity stuff.. we hate been called Yoruba..
We don't do attachee by force as regards the Itsekiri tribe. Despite our recognition of Itsekiri's Yoruba roots, we recognize our tribe as Yoruba and the Itsekiris as Itsrkiris. Linguistically mostly related to the Yoruba language, but in terms of culture mostly related to the binis and urhobos. This fusion of cultures underlines the Itsekiri's unique Identity.
We cannot call Itsekiris Yoruba and ask them to throw away the urhobo and bini influences on their culture.
We are good distant cousins we share the same natural intelligence, foresight, respect and hospitality.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by fratermathy(m): 12:01am On Nov 01, 2015
DBriteLitehouse:

airsaylongcon:

I have always believed RMD was an aladja man
RMD is Urhobo. Pure and simple.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Pabloairmar(m): 12:03am On Nov 01, 2015
I just love d itsekiri's #proudly deltan

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by ademusiwa7: 12:11am On Nov 01, 2015
I can't luagh Who told yyou they are Nigeria delta. That is Jonathan good luck way of getting vote.

The people have to come out of day dream. They have to try another new trick
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Miscellaneous(m): 12:24am On Nov 01, 2015
Why una nor alert me wey be full blooded itsekiri say dis thread dey na? Una nor try…… I for vex but I like this thread..... Iwere Kingdom All The Way!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by fratermathy(m): 12:29am On Nov 01, 2015
ademusiwa7:
I can't luagh Who told yyou they are Nigeria delta. That is Jonathan good luck way of getting vote.

The people have to come out of day dream. They have to try another new trick

Were you just released?
Welcome back bro. Alot has changed since you left.
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by cbrass(m): 12:29am On Nov 01, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Why worry your self over nothing, have not seen where you people was called yorubas undecided.don't let biafrans transfer their Yoruba hatred to you

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by fratermathy(m): 12:31am On Nov 01, 2015
DJMCOTTY:
oma iwere! Mo kiaan dede!!!

Oniovo, you didn't have to quote everything na. Try editing it and remove the quote to make this page easily accessible without plenty graphics already seen in the first page.
Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by superior1: 12:33am On Nov 01, 2015
Goodboiyy:
@fratermathy sheybi u see wenti I they talk ?.. After so many begging , Fasting And prayer.. Na now day break for mod to move am Go FP.. I think they are doing it on purpose to frustrate our effort..

Na them sabi.. as for me , my work on this forum is almost complete.. Letting Nigerians and The World Know Niger Deltans are United , using warri as a case of Study

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this post.. God bless my Yoruba brothers for there Support and contributions @Scholes0 I gat 1 parkage for u.. I 1 give u 1 Urhobo girl marry.. grin

Yes oo, we will always respect your identity and will fight by your side to preserve it. God bless Niger Delta, God bless Oodua Republic.

6 Likes

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by fratermathy(m): 12:35am On Nov 01, 2015
cbrass:

Why worry your self over nothing, have not seen where you people was called yorubas undecided.don't let biafrans transfer their Yoruba hatred to you

Itsekiris and Biafrans have NOTHING in common. Itsekiris don't hate or have any disdain for Yorubas. Just don't call them Yoruba. They may be Yoruboid linguistically but they are culturally and ethnically far from Yoruba hence their dissociation.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by cbrass(m): 12:42am On Nov 01, 2015
fratermathy:

Itsekiris and Biafrans have NOTHING in common. Itsekiris don't hate or have any disdain for Yorubas. Just don't call them Yoruba. They may be Yoruboid linguistically but they are culturally and ethnically far from Yoruba hence their dissociation.

Still brings us to thesame thing Its understandable to ask some one speaking itsekiri if he is Yoruba because of the language, so it's left for you people to tell that person who you are besides there is no such word as Yoruba in Odualand smiley

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 01, 2015
My question is, why do the dancers tie numerous pieces of unrelated cloth around their waist like masquerades?
I love the bridal regalia and the mens attire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cultists Hijack Corpse Of Ife High-Chief, Omisakin / The British-Ijebu War Of 1892 (The Battle Of Imagbon) / Some Tribes And Their Weird Cultural Practices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.