Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,276 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Where Are The Maths Gurus In The House, Quick One! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Where Are The Maths Gurus In The House, Quick One! (952 Views)

When The Maths Teacher Is Bringing Back The Marked Books (Photo) / Maths Gurus Come In And Crack This Code / Brain Teaser: Gurus In The House Answer This Simple One!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Maths Gurus In The House, Quick One! by larion: 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
A quick one:
Three water cans have capacities 24,56 and 120 litres. What is the volume of the largest container that can be used to fill each of them an exact number of times?
Re: Where Are The Maths Gurus In The House, Quick One! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 29, 2015
larion:
A quick one:
Three water cans have capacities 24,56 and 120 litres. What is the volume of the largest container that can be used to fill each of them an exact number of times?
Rephrase your question.
Re: Where Are The Maths Gurus In The House, Quick One! by Olaskybab: 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2015
d question z meaningless..

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Maths Gurus In The House, Quick One! by larion: 6:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ehen!

Ope ooooo, I thought as much.

Someone sent it to me, and I started try and try.

I wasn't bold enough to say d question is incomplete , so I opened the floor.

I'll gladly go and say: "aunty, your question is incomplete"
Re: Where Are The Maths Gurus In The House, Quick One! by talk2riel: 6:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
8 litre vessel

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Maths Gurus In The House, Quick One! by talk2riel: 7:01pm On Oct 29, 2015
larion:
Ehen!
Ope ooooo, I thought as much.
Someone sent it to me, and I started try and try.
I wasn't bold enough to say d question is incomplete , so I opened the floor.
I'll gladly go and say: "aunty, your question is incomplete"
8*15=120, 8*7=56, 8*3=24
Re: Where Are The Maths Gurus In The House, Quick One! by sseunth(m): 7:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
This is HCF
Re: Where Are The Maths Gurus In The House, Quick One! by Coldfeets: 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
sseunth:
This is HCF

On the contrary, I think it's LCM

Therefore the LCM of 24, 56, and 120 = 840

Thus, the volume of the largest container that will fill each of the water can an exact number of times is 840 litres.

It will fill the 24 litre water can 35 exact times.

It will fill the 56 litre water can 15 exact times

It will fill the 120 litre water can 7 exact times

(1) (Reply)

Controversy: Is The Earth Round Or Flat? / Finally Unilorin Deployed It's Drones / Is Your WAEC 2015 Nov/dec Result Withheld ? This Information Is For You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.