Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Rotimi Amaechi, The "Lion Of Africa", Confirmed As Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Amaechi, The "Lion Of Africa", Confirmed As Minister (749 Views)

What Oby Ezekwesili Tweeted After Amaechi Was Confirmed As A Minister / Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi Confirmed As A Minister / Rotimi Amaechi - The Talk Of The Town, See His Dressing To The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rotimi Amaechi, The "Lion Of Africa", Confirmed As Minister by Gbawe: 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
It is official. My big bros confirmed as a Minister. PDP, nothing for una. I am backing Amaechi to be one of the stand-out performers of the PMB government. The lesson we should all learn from Amaechi is that it pays to be principled, steadfast and dogged rather than shamelessly running from pillar to post like some we know on this forum and as many 'ashawo' Nigerian politicians on the ground are fond of doing. I am sure Amaechi reminds PMB of himself and that is why Mr.President is so fond of him and unwilling to compromise over his inclusion in his cabinet. Oga Amaechi, we dey salute.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/10/29/rotimi-amaechi-confirmed-minister

Rotimi Amaechi Confirmed As Minister

The former Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi, was confirmed as a minister after a dramatic two weeks in the Nigerian Senate. Mr. Amaechi’s screening process by the Senate was postponed three times because of growing dissent by Senators from the People's Democratic Party (PDP) against him.

SaharaReporters reported earlier today that Senators belonging to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) threatened to remove support from Senate President Bukola Saraki if he went through with the confirmation process.

Earlier today, PDP Senators staged a dramatic walkout from the Senate Chambers allowing for APC members to confirm Mr. Amaechi. PDP leaders had demanded that Mr. Amaechi not be confirmed until the Senate Committee on Ethics and Privileges publish their report on his conduct while in office in Rivers State. The committee had stalled because it claimed Mr. Amaechi has a case in court, and his confirmation would be "subjudice."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi, The "Lion Of Africa", Confirmed As Minister by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
I SALUTE AMEACHI

YOU ARE a TRUE PROGRESSIVE
A LION
A CONQUERER
A LEADER

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi, The "Lion Of Africa", Confirmed As Minister by morbeta(m): 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
The king of the south....

3 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi, The "Lion Of Africa", Confirmed As Minister by Rawani: 5:14pm On Oct 29, 2015
The first time they were dumb, speechless, overwhelmed...

The second time they were intimidated, incoherent, and outclassed into running from the chamber...

Nobody can blame a man for folding in the face of a LION.

4 Likes

Re: Rotimi Amaechi, The "Lion Of Africa", Confirmed As Minister by Gbawe: 5:25pm On Oct 29, 2015
Rawani:
The first time they were dumb, speechless, overwhelmed...

The second time they were intimidated, incoherent, and outclassed into running from the chamber...

Nobody can blame a man for folding in the face of a LION.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Indeed.If GEJ even hand 10% of the tenacity and fearlessness of Amaechi then he might even still be president today. Still shocked that some regions could round against Amaechi because of their devotion to the spineless Jonathan who some of us predicted correctly will crawl into a cave after Buhari is sworn in. Today, and validating our prediction, Jonathan has fled and is hiding. He has totally abandoned his loyalists and the likes of Clark have turned against him out of disgust. He cannot even come out to fight for Wike yet Fayose, someone I detest, still spoke up bravely and loyally in defence of the embattled Rivers Governor.

Was it worth it for those who chose to sink with the cowardly GEJ who stood for absolutely nothing but his own self-interest and that of his cronies? Those folks who vehemently attacked Amaechi, because of GEJ, should remember that Rotimi never ran and he never hid. Nothing illustrates he is a natural leader more than that in contrast to the GEJ they backed 100% who has now abandoned them and their struggle so as to save his own azz.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Amaechi, The "Lion Of Africa", Confirmed As Minister by theV0ice: 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2015
Gbawe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Indeed.If GEJ even hand 10% of the tenacity and fearlessness of Amaechi then he might even still be president today. Still shocked that some regions could round against Amaechi because of their devotion to the spineless Jonathan who some of us predicted correctly will crawl into a cave after Buhari is sworn in. Today, and validating our prediction, Jonathan has fled and is hiding. He has totally abandoned his loyalists and the likes of Clark have turned against him out of disgust. He cannot even come out to fight for Wike yet Fayose, someone I detest, still spoke up in defence of he embattled Rivers Governor.

Was it worth it for those who chose to sink with the cowardly GEJ who stood for absolutely nothing but his own self-interest and that of his cronies? Those folks who vehemently attacked Amaechi, because of GEJ, should remember that Rotimi never ran and he never hid. Nothing illustrates he is a natural leader more than that in contrast to the GEJ they backed 100% who has now abandoned them and their struggle so as to save his own azz.

You don talk am finish jare my bro

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi, The "Lion Of Africa", Confirmed As Minister by flozybk(f): 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2015
I knew he will be confirmed just waiting for it to be said by d sen president so I can start dancing shoki..
PDP senators won't sleep this night like wise wike

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari,Osinbajo & INEC Chairman Prof. Mahmoud's Son Having A Chat Today(Pic) / True Fedralism: Igbo Groups Plan 5m-man March-vanguard / Corrupt Judges, Lawyers Frustrate Efforts To Recover Stolen Assets —buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.