Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Is There Really Life After Death? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Really Life After Death? (39100 Views)

God Raised My Dad Back To Life After Being Dead For 3 Hours / The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) / What Happens After Death? (Christian POV) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Really Life After Death? by doneee: 10:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
This has really been bothering me lately.

So one day, we'll have to die?

where are we going?
or we just die and it's over?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Lovetinz(m): 10:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
Medically.. No
Religion, Alternate Religion, Philosophically.. Yes.

9 Likes

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by ril19(m): 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2015
THERE IS GOING TO BE A RESURRECTION. John 5:28-29

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Rossikk(m): 11:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
ril19:
THERE IS GOING TO BE A RESURRECTION. John 5:28-29

That is not what the op is talking about. He means what happens right after a person dies a physical death, ie does the consciousness survive?

Much evidence suggests the answer to that is a resounding YES.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 30, 2015
what happens when chicken and, goats die?

last time I checked, we re all animals but higher ones.

we kill snakes, lions and many others if we catch them. they in turn kill us if they catch and outsmart us.

so if u saying we got afterlife. that means they v got afterlife also.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by paxonel(m): 5:48am On Oct 30, 2015
one big benefit to believe that there is another life again here on earth for you, after you die is, you will feel relaxed and focus on your day to day duty here on earth, and not be afraid of what will happen next when you die.
To have this state of happiness, you must believe that an external God who is alive is capable of giving you life again when you die

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 30, 2015
paxonel:
one big benefit to believe that there is another life again here on earth for you, after you die is, you will feel relaxed and focus on your day to day duty here on earth, and not be afraid of what will happen next when you die.
To have this state of happiness, you must believe that an external God who is alive is capable of giving you life again when you die
but then does it change the truth?

5 Likes

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by johnydon22(m): 7:14am On Oct 30, 2015
krattoss:
[b]
The thing is like he said people tend to find comfort in that whole concept of passing away and transcending into another life instead of simply dying.

People need such flimsy wishful hopes to cling to because many are not ready to accept the absoluteness of death.

Death simply means inexistence (stop existing). we have not been existing long before this biological machines called body, i wonder how people still in their greed and selfishness think something will still exist after this body... why was that thing not existing before this body?

It is not difficult to understand why we make up these stories for ourselves owing to the fact that we are probably the only specie on this planet that know at a very young age that we are going to die.

Other species just live in the moment, i doubt the dogs and elephants out there are fretting about an afterlife or greedily hoping for another after this one or performing rituals to earn a place.

No they just live in this brief one as they see it

That knowledge of the inevitable end of our being is somewhat of a burden to us and with that comes a need for a hope to cling on even if it is a wishful shadow, even if it is a greedy one.

It has made many people to get lost in the euphoria of their wishful delusion, cus they have not finished living in this one or ever having learnt to live in this one greedily chasing after another and end up having not lived any at all.

So why not we all forget dwelling in these fantasies and focus on where we are now and what we have right now which is here and now.

Giving up this earth to chase after afterlife is life giving up a known substance to chase after a wishful shadow...
[/b]

112 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by paxonel(m): 7:35am On Oct 30, 2015
krattoss:

whether it is true or not that there is no resurrection nobody can detect it by science.
All human are blind in that aspect.
But if there is a recorded promise of the bible that there is resurrection, and we reason it and see the sense behind it.
Our best wisdom as humans is to wish that it is true so that we will relax and remain happy(remember, happiness at all times is the key to a better living ) and forget what will happen after death in the main time while we are alive
As denying it will always make you sad when ever you remember that someday you will die and go away.
Imagin, you were born into this earth, you grow and struggle hard to accumulate all your wealth, only for you to die and leave everything for someone else.
Then, what is your gain?

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by johnydon22(m): 7:46am On Oct 30, 2015
paxonel:

whether it is true or not that there is no resurrection nobody can detect it by science.
All human are blind in that aspect.
But if there is a recorded promise of the bible that there is resurrection, and we see the sense behind it.
Our best wisdom as humans is to wish that it is true so that we will relax and remain happy(remember, happiness at all times is the key to a better living ) and forget what will happen after death in the main time while we are alive
As denying it will always make you sad when ever you remember that someday you will die and go away.
Imagin, you were born into this earth, you grow and struggle hard to accumulate all your wealth, only for you to die and leave everything for someone else.
Then, what is your gain?

Living happy is not dependent on clutching on to wishful hopes of an afterlife in this one.

One who has not finished living this one busy in a vainful greedy chase is busy chasing after another will end up having not lived this one at all.

It is better we don't delude ourselves with such wishful hopes and focus on where we are and what we have.

A tree lives and dies
A lion does same
An elephant same thing
A human goes through that same biological metabolical breakdown.

what is the gain you ask? The gain is every thing.

-Having ever lived at all is the gain...

Let one not throw their chances of ever having lived by dwelling in a fantasy of getting another...

35 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 30, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]
The thing is like he said people tend to find comfort in that whole concept of passing away and transcending into another life instead of simply dying.

People need such flimsy wishful hopes to cling to because many are not ready to accept the absoluteness of death.

Death simply means inexistence (stop existing). we have not been existing long before this biological machines called body, i wonder how people still in their greed and selfishness think something will still exist after this body... why was that thing not existing before this body?

It is not difficult to understand why we make up these stories for ourselves owing to the fact that we are probably the only specie on this planet that know at a very young age that we are going to die.

Other species just live in the moment, i doubt the dogs and elephants out there are fretting about an afterlife or greedily hoping for another after this one or performing rituals to earn a place.

No they just live in this brief one as they see it

That knowledge of the inevitable end of our being is somewhat of a burden to us and with that comes a need for a hope to cling on even if it is a wishful shadow, even if it is a greedy one.

It has made many people to get lost in the euphoria of their wishful delusion, cus they have not finished living in this one or ever having learnt to live in this one greedily chasing after another and end up having not lived any at all.

So why not we all forget dwelling in these fantasies and focus on where we are now and what we have right now which is here and now.

Giving up this earth to chase after afterlife is life giving up a known substance to chase after a wishful shadow...
[/b]
So we should reason and understand like the dog and elephant and simply abscond this fact
And also behave like them "believing that life doesn't go beyond mundane and transient desires like feeding,shelter and satisfaction of all type of whimsical and carnal pleasures
Good you've pointed out that the human recognized in an early stage that he was going to die and also believe that there Is life after death.now my question
Isn't thirst a prove of the existence of water? If so,isn't our innate yearning for eternity a proof of its existence?

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 30, 2015
doneee:
This has really been bothering me lately.

So one day, we'll have to die?
where are we going? or we just die and it's over?

lalasticlala

Wen we die, we go carry our eyes see am.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by johnydon22(m): 8:49am On Oct 30, 2015
Kreysik:

So we should reason and understand like the dog and elephant and simply abscond this fact
And also behave like them "believing that life doesn't go beyond mundane and transient desires like feeding,shelter and satisfaction of all type of whimsical and carnal pleasures

First you think yourself far more special than every other life form on earth, you think yourself to be more intelligent which is according to your own perception of intelligence.

The same metabolisms that keeps you alive also keeps a dog alive or a rat out there, you are a biological entity alongside all others.

Good you've pointed out that the human recognized in an early stage that he was going to die and also believe that there Is life after death.now my question

Isn't thirst a prove of the existence of water?

Lmao... its amazing how many think.... Thirst is not proof of water but rather water itself is proof of water.

My desire for 1billion naira is proof of 1billion in my account?... Wrong analogy try harder..

If so,isn't our innate yearning for eternity a proof of its existence?

Actually your yearning to get another life is proof of GREED not the existence of eternity and it is not an innate human quality some people don't even have the slightest clue of such concepts because they have never been told.

If nobody ever told you of such concepts you wouldn't have possessed such mind that there is..

More so my yearning to ride a flying diamond pink unicorn is proof of it's existence... You all should review what you post before posting them..

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by paxonel(m): 8:58am On Oct 30, 2015
johnydon22:

Living happy is not dependent on clutching on to wishful hopes of an afterlife in this one.

One who has not finished living this one busy in a vainful greedy chase is busy chasing after another will end up having not lived this one at all.

It is better we don't delude ourselves with such wishful hopes and focus on where we are and what we have.

A tree lives and dies
A lion does same
An elephant same thing
A human goes through that same biological metabolical breakdown.

what is the gain you ask? The gain is every thing.

-Having lived at all is the gain...

Let one not throw their chances of ever having lived by dwelling in a fantasy of getting another...
You are perfectly right!
Let one not throw their chances of ever
having lived by dwelling in a fantasy of
getting another..
And
One who has not finished living this one
busy in a vainful greedy chase is busy
chasing after another will end up having
not lived this one at all.
these statements are powerful, infact i have to copy and save them.
I think this is the problem of believing in existence of God and eternal life.
the problem is not from the fantasy the person believes, the problem is from the person himself
Many have abandoned their immediate life running after religious pursuit in the name of getting another life, how can they be happy?
The only requirement Jesus ask us to do is BELIEVE, that's all.
Then go about your normal duty and be happy.
All these religious church going, running after pastors may have negative impact.
But what we do to remain happy is to take the scriptures by it word and go away, not doing anything serious about it but just say it is true after reasoning it.
Now, if you say your happiness in life do not depend on it, then you still do not come in terms with the truth.
a simple litmus test is this, nobody is ever happy when he or she is cheated moneywise by any means. How much more everything you ever worked for in the life you spent 70,80 or 90 years is taken away from you just one day.
If you were not alive to cry for yourself even your love ones who were alive at the moment will cry for you.
i have never seen any corpse still smiling in casket..But those who believe they will resurrect again are already smiling the smiles now

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 30, 2015
johnydon22:

First you think yourself far more special than every other life form on earth, you think yourself to be more intelligent which is according to your own perception of intelligence.

The same metabolisms that keeps you alive also keeps a dog alive or a rat out there, you are a biological entity alongside all others.

Lmao... its amazing how many think.... Thirst is not proof of water but rather water itself is proof of water.

My desire for 1billion naira is proof of 1billion in my account?... Wrong analogy try harder..

Actually your yearning to get another life is proof of GREED not the existence of eternity and it is not an innate human quality some people don't even have the slightest clue of such concepts because they have never been told.

More so my yearning to ride a flying diamond pink unicorn is proof of it's existence... You all should review what you post before posting them..
well weather you accept is or not humans are far more intelligent that other animal that's why they can explore space,make constructive arts,write books and read,design this medium that I'm using to communicate to you et al..all this are signs of mans reasoning and superiority over other creatures...it will be unwise to think your self or compare your self to animals and in so doing behave likewise believing that life doesn't go beyond fleeting desires
You call it GREED? Well its not,its gives you a sense of responsibility,knowing that death is just a passage to another realm and that this world is a place for cultivation and the other world a place of harvest this actually is the opposite of GREED...isn't it amazing that does who call themselves athiest are actually the most GREEDY people? Why? This is because the see themselves not more than an animal
And finally you got the logic wrong "the feeling of thirst a prove of the existence of water doesn't necessarily mean you have access to the water" likewise "the yearning for 1billion is a proof of the existence of money and doesn't necessarily mean you have the money in your account" so also the desire for eternity is a proof of its existence

Also I'll like to add that human nature is designed I'm such a manner that it doesn't desire something that that doesn't exist...also imagination and creativity are gifts given to the human being the first plane,car,phone et al were the result of these,so imagining something that is not existent isn't a crime its only a sign of innate imagination and creativity and this is different from the term desire or yearning

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by johnydon22(m): 9:21am On Oct 30, 2015
Kreysik:
well weather you accept is or not humans are far more intelligent that other animal that's why they can explore space,make constructive arts,write books and read,design this medium that I'm using to communicate to you et al..all this are signs of mans reasoning and superiority over other creatures...it will be unwise to think your self or compare your self to animals and in so doing behave likewise believing that life doesn't go beyond fleeting desires

Intelligence according to you is to judge it according to human perception of what intelligence is.

Humans have a highly developed brain that gives them a highly cognitive and reasoning ability and also gives them a highly imaginative ability.

Our intelligence or any of these abilities you think is outstanding doesn't make us superior to other animals..

-Pegerine falcons can fly at a neck breaking distance of 387km/h does this ability make it superior to man?

- A cheetah can spot a prey 5km away, elephant can communicate in ultrasonic methods, platypus possess electro perceptive abilities, or a spider that can see on infrared mode ... You can not do any of these, but these abilities does not make them superior.

We are all natural inhabitants of this planet and natural manifestation is diverse.... We all are neighbouring life forms sharing this world..

You call it GREED? Well its not,its gives you a sense of responsibility,knowing that death is just a passage to another realm and that this world is a place for cultivation and the other world a place of harvest this actually is the opposite of GREED...isn't it amazing that does who call themselves athiest are actually the most GREEDY people? Why? This is because the see themselves not more than an animal

Clamoring for another life gives you a sense of responsibility? ..lol..

This can only be asserted by one who lack independent basis for human ethical interactions.

The greed of another life is greed in every sense, it makes one pay little mind to what he has in a wishful clamor for another.
A child who has not finished eating a biscuit and asking for more that is not there is a greedy one.

Your greedy chase of another life can only diminish your ability to live this one and you end up having not lived any at all...

And finally you get the logic wrong "the feeling of thirst a prove of the existence of water doesn't necessary mean you have access to the water" likewise "the yearning for 1billion is a proof of the existence of money and doesn't necessary mean you have the money in your account" so also the desire for eternity is a proof of its existence

..LOL.. Proof of water is water itself, Proof of money is money itself.

Proof of a flying pink diamond unicorn is the unicorn itself... not my yearn to ride one.

All the things you know exists is because you have seen them exists, you wouldn't be yearning for money if nobody ever told you there was.

You yearn for another life is because someone told you there is and not an innate human quality and this clamor to get another life is proof of your GREEDY chase of more life when you have not finished living the one you have.

There was no You before this body, what ever makes you think there will still be a you after it, i must say really got you swimming hard in wishful hopes.

Also I'll like to add that human nature is designed I'm such a manner that it
doesn't desire something that that doesn't exist...

Yeah just like me desiring to possess bending abilities like Avatar means bending abilities exists. . . Stop assuming up qualities for human nature..

also imagination andcreativity are gifts given to the human being the first plane,car,phone et al were the result of these,
And we are not the only beings to possess such.

A bird can build a nest so precisely and accurate according to what it wants, Termites built ant hills long before humans built houses.

creative abilities is not a trade mark of humans only…

so imagining something that is not existent isn't a crime its
only a sign of innate imagination and creativity and this is different from the
term desire or yearning

Yearning or desiring for something that one knows for sure is there, is one thing.

Yearning or desiring for something imagined up is another.... Just like me yearning to have bending abilities like avatar characters doesn't make it existential in actuality but only in concepts.

Afterlife concepts are there your yearning for these concepts is not proof of their existence in actuality ..

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by CAPTIVATOR: 9:32am On Oct 30, 2015
@ op , Do you exist before you were born ? Where are you 500 years ago ? U dont exist.

Death returns a man to that previous condition ; that is why the bible said death is an " ENEMY "

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 30, 2015
johnydon22:

Intelligence according to you is to judge it according to human perception of what intelligence is.

Humans have a highly developed brain that gives them a highly cognitive and reasoning ability and also gives them a highly imaginative ability.

Our intelligence or any of these abilities you think is outstanding doesn't make us superior to other animals..

-Pegerine falcons can fly at a neck breaking distance of 387km/h does this ability make it superior to man?

- A cheetah can spot a prey 5km away, elephant can communicate in ultrasonic methods, platypus possess electro perceptive abilities, or a spider that can see on infrared mode ... You can not do any of these, but these abilities does not make them superior.

We are all natural inhabitants of this planet and natural manifestation is diverse.... We all are neighbouring life forms sharing this world..

Clamoring for another life gives you a sense of responsibility? ..lol..

This can only be asserted by one who lack independent basis for human ethical interactions.

The greed of another life is greed in every sense, it makes one pay little mind to what he has in a wishful clamor for another.
A child who has not finished eating a biscuit and asking for more that is not there is a greedy one.

Your greedy chase of another life can only diminish your ability to live this one and you end up having not lived any at all...

..LOL.. Proof of water is water itself, Proof of money is money itself.

Proof of a flying pink diamond unicorn is the unicorn itself... not my yearn to ride one.

All the things you know exists is because you have seen them exists, you wouldn't be yearning for money if nobody ever told you there was.

You yearn for another life is because someone told you there is and not an innate human quality and this clamor to get another life is proof of your GREEDY chase of more life when you have not finished living the one you have.

There was no You before this body, what ever makes you think there will still be a you after it, i must say really got you swimming hard in wishful hopes.
I assume it will also be greed for a student to prepare for his exams before the day of the exam..it will actually be stupid to wait till a day before the exam or till the day of the exam .this is the logic of one who yearns for the after life and this is want I mean by a sense of responsibility
why are humans created with the sense of thirst if this was not suppose to b a proof of its existence for behind every cause there is an effect..and mind you the yearning for eternity is innate in man....who told the first man that there is something called eternity?

10 Likes

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by CAPTIVATOR: 9:42am On Oct 30, 2015
Kreysik:

I assume it will also be greed for a student to prepare for his exams before the day of the exam..it will actually be stupid to wait till a day before the exam or till the day of the exam .this is the logic of one who yearns for the after life and this is want I mean by a sense of responsibility
why are humans created with the sense of thirst if this was not suppose to b a proof of its existence for behind every cause there is an effect..and mind you the yearning for eternity is innate in man.... who told the first man that there is something called eternity?

Actually the first man would have lived forever if he obeyed , since he didnt he was sentenced to death . ( he cnt live forever anymore)

- Did Adam exist before he was created ?

Pls answer . And tell me why you think death cant return him to his former condition .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by johnydon22(m): 9:44am On Oct 30, 2015
Kreysik:

Here we go...
Yearning for afterlife means you want another life after this one, that is compound greed and in no way reconciles with the student analogy.

You are only sure of this life what ever wishful concepts derived from your perception of this one in order to sate your humongous greed to boycott the inevitable is nothing more than wishful thinking..

why are humans created with the sense of thirst if this was not suppose to b a proof of its existence for behind every cause there is an effect..and mind you the yearning for eternity is innate in man....who told the first man that there is something called eternity?

Actually religiosity in man developed over time and was not something derived as an innate characteristics.

Yearning for any form of eternity is not in anyway innate in man for crying out loud, it is a greedy construct conceived to derive wishful hopes in the face of our inevitable end.

If nobody told you that there is anything like Afterlife, you wouldn't have been here yapping about it because you wouldn't think there is.

That you are clamoring for it is because you have an inclined on the concept just like i cannot say my yearn for bending abilities is an innate human quality.

First man what first man?? which first man?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 30, 2015
johnydon22:
Here we go...
Yearning for afterlife means you want another life after this one, that is compound greed and in no way reconciles with the student analogy.

You are only sure of this life what ever wishful concepts derived from your perception of this one in order to sate your humongous greed to boycott the inevitable is nothing more than wishful thinking..

Actually religiosity in man developed over time and was not something derived as an innate characteristics.

Yearning for any form of eternity is not in anyway innate in man for crying out loud, it is a greedy construct conceived to derive wishful hopes in the face of our inevitable end.

If nobody told you that there is anything like Afterlife, you wouldn't have been here yapping about it because you wouldn't think there is.

That you are clamoring for it is because you have an inclined on the concept just like i cannot say my yearn for bending abilities is an innate human quality.

First man what first man?? which first man?

indeed the greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance but the illusion of knowledge

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by johnydon22(m): 10:06am On Oct 30, 2015
Kreysik:
indeed the greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance but the illusion of knowledge

Exactly the point.... smiley Thats why who ever thinks they know what will happen after a human is dead is either stupi_d or lying.

I'd say both because they don't know only swimming in delusion of knowing

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 30, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Actually the first man would have lived forever if he obeyed , since he didnt he was sentenced to death . ( he cnt live forever anymore)

- Did Adam exist before he was created ?

Pls answer . And tell me why you think death cant return him to his former condition .

what's this one saying

3 Likes

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 30, 2015
johnydon22:

Exactly the point.... smiley Thats why who ever thinks they know what will happen after a human is dead is either stupi_d or lying.

I'd say both because they don't know only swimming in delusion of knowing
The you believe blackholes exist and why?
that you don't know what happens after death isn't prove of it non existence is it? Remember the case of galileo and the catholic church

3 Likes

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by johnydon22(m): 11:13am On Oct 30, 2015
Kreysik:

The you believe blackholes exist and why?

Now he wants to compare a natural occurring phenomena with spirity mumbo jumbo... desperate that is..

-What is a blackhole?

that you don't know what happens after death isn't prove of it non existence is it? Remember the case of galileo and the catholic church
Exactly the point.

You do not know what happened before birth and i don't see you assuming you were somewhere before you were born.

Since you don't know what happens after you are dead just like you don't what happened before you were born.. What then is the need to assume up some unfounded claims..

I don't know if there is a giant teapot with a diamond water orbiting Pluto now and since i don't there is absolutely no need for me to assume there is ... It is either j am lying or plain stupi_d

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 30, 2015
johnydon22:

Now he wants to compare a natural occurring phenomena with spirity mumbo jumbo... desperate that is..

-What is a blackhole?

Exactly the point.

You do not know what happened before birth and i don't see you assuming you were somewhere before you were born.

Since you don't know what happens after you are dead just like you don't what happened before you were born.. What then is the need to assume up some unfounded claims..

I don't know if there is a giant teapot with a diamond water orbiting Pluto now and since i don't there is absolutely no need for me to assume there is ... It is either j am lying or plain stupi_d
Lol!! Galileo proposed that the earth moves and is not standstill.because this was contrary to what the knew the catholics actually penalized him for such believes..yeah you should be familiar with the statement "galileo repentance will not make the earth stand still" although the catholics believed that d earth was still and don't perceive that it was actually in motion isn't a proof that it is
You should also believe in black hole wich most likely you haven't come across...why? Because some scientist proofs to your that it existed and you also feel light cannot pass through it because he said so
Yes we believe in eternity because 1 it is innate in our being and 2 we believe in a God..and like that scientist our God also tells us that there is life after death

7 Likes

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by hahn(m): 11:37am On Oct 30, 2015
johnydon22:

-What is a blackhole?

Theists even go as far as comparing their god to the wind undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 30, 2015
hahn:

Sometimes you have to come down to people level of reasoning to explain a phenomena to them
And if some one reason like a child you explain to him like a child
This is not even a comparism to start with but just a question are you that blind?

2 Likes

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by johnydon22(m): 11:46am On Oct 30, 2015
Kreysik:

Lol!! Galileo proposed that the earth moves and is not standstill.because this was contrary to what the knew the catholics actually penalized him for such believes..yeah you should be familiar with the statement "galileo repentance will not make the earth stand still" although the catholics believed that d earth was still and don't perceive that it was actually in motion isn't a proof that it is

The movement of the earth is an observed fact and with tons of proof supporting it... the Catholic back then is based on the immutable dogmatic doctrines as stipulated by the tenets of their belief...

Evidence supports a thesis not assumptions..

You should also believe in black hole wich most likely you haven't come across...why? Because some scientist proofs to your that it existed and you also feel light cannot pass through it because he said so

Lmao.. you are not well rooted in science boy, Blackholes are pure observed existential phenomena. … this was exactly why i asked "What is a blackhole" Scientific facts does not need to be believed.. Science do not propose immutable dogmas that must be believed but recognizes chances of being wrong in its thesis.

It was once thought information cannot escape a blackhole just few months ago stephen hawkins proposed it actually can.. know something before employing it desperately in an argument that you have absolutely no basis to stand on

[img]http://smithsonianscience.si.edu/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/hires.jpg[/img]

Only a wormhole and a whitehole is unconfirmed in actuality only theoretical and i am not seeing any scientists claim they believe wormholes must exist when it has no evidence in support of it yet...

Yes we believe in eternity because 1 it is innate in our being and 2 we believe in a God..and like that scientist our God also tells us that there is life after death

Lmao... You believe in eternity because someone told you, in fact a primitive book that has not inferred any method or means of deduction and you clutch on to it whether it is true or not.

when science proposes a thesis, it propounds demonstrative means of deductions... So i would be waiting for yours.

Our God told us so we believe, mind telling us what this God sounds like when he was telling you this tale?

Do you have an actual means of demonstrating your claim of God told us?

Until you can throw away assuming up more fantasies like "God told us" to support your fantasy, your arguments will keep sounding like a joke.....

People reading this would be sure to find this quite funny "Our God told us" same thing you claimed was an innate quality..smh

Try harder...

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by johnydon22(m): 11:49am On Oct 30, 2015
Kreysik:

Sometimes you have to come down to people level of reasoning to explain a phenomena to them
And if some one reason like a child you explain to him like a child
This is not even a comparism to start with but just a question are you that blind?

So far you have only succeeded in making a joke of yourself and your beliefs here.

I believe it because "God told us" and because it is an "innate quality" ...Chai...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by johnydon22(m): 11:54am On Oct 30, 2015
hahn:

..LOL.. And it makes absolutely no sense to be singing to the wind or bowing to it...grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There Really Life After Death? by CAPTIVATOR: 11:58am On Oct 30, 2015
Kreysik:

what's this one saying

- did the person called "Adam" exist before he was created ?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / Shiloh 2014: Bishop Oyedepo's 15 Prophetic Declarations For 2015 / Living Faith Church Wukari, Taraba State Building Collapsed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.