Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,743 members, 7,806,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). (43672 Views)

Nairalander Bags First Class And Two Awards In UNIZIK. / Father Beats His Daughter's Boyfriend In UNIZIK For Being Abusive - See Photos / Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by SpaceTour: 8:05am On Oct 30, 2015
UNIZIK is the best Nigerian University.

Great ZIKITES

5 Likes

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by deadie(m): 8:06am On Oct 30, 2015
I don't see anything special about this project. All I see is an attempt to convert a regular motorcycle to the shape of a powerbike. The most important questions to be asked are:
1. How efficient is their "powerbike". In other words, how far can it travel? and
2. What top speed can it achieve?
3. How does it compare to fuel based bikes? Several metrics can be used (weight reduction, cost of production, ease of maintenance, etc).

And these were not addressed here.
An experienced tinker can construct a better looking "powerbike". Someone made a really good looking Harley Davidson with rafia (https://www.nairaland.com/2365141/motorcycle-made-akwa-ibom-nigeria). I will rate that a better project than this based on the information provided in this post. FYI, I am Igbo, so this isn't tribal bashing.
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by frankman365(m): 8:07am On Oct 30, 2015
Yanks101:
Are Nigerian engineers taught anything like aethestic design in school?
The bike probably works, but it looks trashy due to poor aethestic design.
The aethestic part is just as important as the electro-mechanical aspect.
In addition to what you said, what about the efficiency. The engine is not just an electric power source but also the necessary power horse needed for the efficiency of the mechine. They tried though.
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by 400billionman: 8:09am On Oct 30, 2015
Upon seeing their names. I wasnt dissappointed.

There is something linking Ibos with Japan and China

Though this report isnt complete technically.

1. How fast does this motocycle move ? A. Top speed. B. Rate of acceleration.

2. How many gears does it have and how efficient is the gear system ?

3. They made mention of inverter and battery as components but omitted inverter in the description of its kinetic process. How does the battery charge or get recharged ?

4. Does it require charging by electricity and how long does it take to recharge and how long will a full recharge last on the road in KM ?

2 Likes

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by WailingWailer00(m): 8:09am On Oct 30, 2015
Yanks101:
Are Nigerian engineers taught anything like aethestic design in school?
The bike probably works, but it looks trashy due to poor aethestic design.
The aethestic part is just as important as the electro-mechanical aspect.
You never see anything good in what others do, you are a big fool, a disgrace to your family

Quote me and run mad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by sirTesco(m): 8:09am On Oct 30, 2015
Techwriter:
video of it working please. I am proudly Unizik graduate anyway 2001 graduate.
If u dont say it will the world end?
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by SpaceTour: 8:11am On Oct 30, 2015
You are not Igbo but a dead man. What have you produced in your life as a person? Show us what you are worth?

[s]
deadie:
I don't see anything special about this project. All I see is an attempt to convert a regular motorcycle to the shape of a powerbike. The most important questions to be asked are:
1. How efficient is their "powerbike". In other words, how far can it travel? and
3. How does it compare to fuel based bikes? Several metrics can be used (weight reduction, cost of production, ease of maintenance, etc).

An experienced tinker can construct a better looking "powerbike". Someone made a really good looking Harley Davidson with rafia (https://www.nairaland.com/2365141/motorcycle-made-akwa-ibom-nigeria). I will rate that a better project than this based on the information provided in this post. FYI, I am Igbo, so this isn't tribal bashing.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by ferdspiration: 8:11am On Oct 30, 2015
mysticjack95:
Unizik on point........ reping mechanical engineering unizik........ thinking of what my project next year will be........ Big kudos to these guys...... hardwork pays
you can make a moving chair.
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by deadie(m): 8:11am On Oct 30, 2015
WailingWailer00:

You never see anything good in what others do, you are a big fool, a disgrace to your family

Quote me and run mad

Wow, so no one is allowed to criticize the project? By the way, I agree to his comment 100%.

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by WailingWailer00(m): 8:13am On Oct 30, 2015
deadie:

Wow, so no one is allowed to criticize the project? By the way, I agree to his comment 100%.
At least he should have criticised them and appreciate them

Criticism is made to encourage people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by 400billionman: 8:14am On Oct 30, 2015
Realonekingsley:
Wonderful.
You should check out other depts in school making good projects to,when school was in session i went to the technical education workshop and their electronics technology students were making refridgerators and airconditioners.

Very simple. Nah to buy components construct am nah. But this one is genuis.

One thing i fear for these students is that after NYSC, they lose focus and start looking for WHITE COLLAR job
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by deadie(m): 8:15am On Oct 30, 2015
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by thundafire: 8:16am On Oct 30, 2015
dnt knw y unizik keep on insulting us with wack invention called projects cs its nt road worthy even dy person dat made it is even scared 2 drive it on high way i laff nd dy professors will say dy re teaching their students foolish stupid project
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by deb(m): 8:17am On Oct 30, 2015
Pidggin:
Made in Nigeria never looks nice

Kudos

It is practically hand made and not with the sophisticated technology that produced what you imagine. This is where govt support will come handy but most of the people in government have the same kind of mentality as you angry

2 Likes

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by funkybully(f): 8:17am On Oct 30, 2015
Proudly a Zikite! Alumnus!

We are not called GIANTS for nothing!

Say hi to Engrs Mezi, Enemuo, Ezechukwu, Eleanya, Idigo, Onuegbu, Tom Frank etc

When Engineering was wilderness!

3 Likes

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by harrysterol(m): 8:18am On Oct 30, 2015
ahckmedkosy:

Brain scarce. Get one asap. btw power bike is not in appearance but in speed (turbo). Abi Does gionee n iphone6 resemble? Or are they not android phones?
that a motorcycle not a power bike, it obvious you're the one who needs sense

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by gentlelily(f): 8:18am On Oct 30, 2015
deadie:

After listing all these your beautiful nonsense make sure u come up with your own innovation if not forever remain silent whenever good brains are at work. Empty drum

2 Likes

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by SpaceTour: 8:20am On Oct 30, 2015
You are poor ugly twerp. You worth nothing. Only worthless people condemn the efforts of others. You didn't attend any sane school.

Like I said you are worthless and useless even onto yourself. Frustrated and hopeless people hardly see any good thing in others because they are failed people. Figure it out.. cool

[s]
deadie:

I hold a masters and PhD from a German university. I currently work in a German university and I lecture students. I write Monte Carlo algorithms for patient dose calculation. It is not necessary but I can provide you links to my various publications. Not everyone on Nairaland is a dunce. Watch your language. I may not be materially "rich" to impress you, but I am very comfortable.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by Nnky25(f): 8:20am On Oct 30, 2015
Dix chika Paul is very intelligent,mi neighbor in d hostel

2 Likes

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by deadie(m): 8:21am On Oct 30, 2015
gentlelily:
After listing all these your beautiful nonsense make sure u come up with your own innovation if not forever remain silent whenever good brains are at work. Empty drum

SpaceTour:
You are poor ugly twerp. You worth nothing. Only worthless people condemn the efforts of others. You didn't attend any sane school.

Like I said you are worthless and useless even onto yourself. Frustrated and hopeless people hardly see any good thing in others because they are failed people. Figure it out.. cool

[s][/s]

I really weep for Nigeria if these are the types of graduates that Nigerian university produce.
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by Dubem13: 8:23am On Oct 30, 2015
LOVEGINO:
I doubt. Maybe one will buy a very long extension box. Plug ur bike, ride till d end of the extension.
funniest guy ever
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by SpaceTour: 8:23am On Oct 30, 2015
Like he said you are an empty frustrated noise making drum that is what you are.

You are a hopeless dejected person. Get a life

deadie:

I really weep for Nigeria if your kind are the types of graduates that Nigerian university produce.

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by satowind(m): 8:23am On Oct 30, 2015
harrysterol:
This is Wickedness, how will you call that thing a Power Bike?

Op btwn what you posted and the power bike (yamaha r6) below do they look alike? That an insult to Power Bikes

Let us stop celebrating Mediocrity

They are same no difference. Appreciate gud work cause I know ur type call electrician to fix ur light so shut up already.
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by ocelot2006(m): 8:23am On Oct 30, 2015
Impressive. But there's need to invest in Product Design by universities.

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by JUO(m): 8:23am On Oct 30, 2015
12v/6a to power electric motor?
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by Whymee: 8:24am On Oct 30, 2015
All I see is an attempt to convert a regular motorcycle to the shape of a powerbike. The most important questions to be asked are:
(

...still figuring how an electric motor driven by 12v, 6ah battery will move a power bike. Similar batteries of this capacity (12volt, 7ah) are used in echargable lantern, fans, radio etc. The efficiency and autonomy is questionable.
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by Cvesta(m): 8:25am On Oct 30, 2015
Far better than the made in Nigeria cars most schools having been boring us with

2 Likes

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by L0rdTeekay(m): 8:25am On Oct 30, 2015
made in Nigeria is gtin branded #NigeriaEngineers #proudlyNigerian

2 Likes

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by 400billionman: 8:25am On Oct 30, 2015
JUO:

Technically unsound..

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by Onyedika11(m): 8:26am On Oct 30, 2015
Nice one.. Greatest Zikites!

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by funkybully(f): 8:26am On Oct 30, 2015
JUO:

Didn't u read about an inverter? Do u know the work of an inverter?

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by victorazy(m): 8:27am On Oct 30, 2015
Anything diff if not elrctrick motor to power supply? Coverting electrical energy to magnet?

Plz I wan see another thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayodele Dada: "How I Graduated With All-Round A's & 5.0 CGPA" / FG Increases Unity Schools’ Fees From ₦45,000 To ₦100,000 / Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.