Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). (43673 Views)

Nairalander Bags First Class And Two Awards In UNIZIK. / Father Beats His Daughter's Boyfriend In UNIZIK For Being Abusive - See Photos / Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by sweetgala(m): 8:27am On Oct 30, 2015
Good job, a little cafe race style.. NICE TOUCH

Of all the varsity built items I've seen on NL this is one of the best presented.
If I were him I would have used fibreglass if it were available; would allow him to sculpt rounded edges and complex dimensions

3 Likes

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 30, 2015
nice...
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by tmxme(m): 8:33am On Oct 30, 2015
Be careful while riding, you might just get electrocuted on the high way grin

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by gog4life(m): 8:33am On Oct 30, 2015
LOVEGINO:
I doubt. Maybe one will buy a very long extension box. Plug ur bike, ride till d end of the extension.

hmmmmn I guess u are on point. in as much as we weren't told if its rechargeable...

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by robosky02(m): 8:35am On Oct 30, 2015
this be like lekpa bike

no be power bike
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by funkybully(f): 8:36am On Oct 30, 2015
sweetgala:
Good job, a little cafe race style.. NICE TOUCH

Of all the varsity built items I've seen on NL this is one of the best presented. If I were him I would have used fibreglass of it were available would allow him to sculpt rounded edges and complex dimensions

This is a good criticism. U encourage and offer better suggestion. Those guys are not Engineers but Engineering students. They are to continue learning in the field.

My degree project was on ATM using suction pump for currency selection. We wrote the software and machine language programs. The project worked but was slow.

During defence we were criticized on the choice of processor and motor, hence we added it in our recommendation for future research works.

Unizik Engineering faculty is practical oriented and have lecturers that have worked on the field before venturing into lecturing. Somebody like prof Ezechukwu, a consultant to NIPP / PHCN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by ada40: 8:40am On Oct 30, 2015
good one.
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by vRendoh(m): 8:41am On Oct 30, 2015
harrysterol:
This is Wickedness, how will you call that thing a Power Bike?

Op btwn what you posted and the power bike (yamaha r6) below do they look alike? That an insult to Power Bikes

Let us stop celebrating Mediocrity

shocked shocked shocked shocked
ABSOLUTE MEDIOCRITY!!!!!
THE WORLD IS LAUGHING AT US THE BLACKS! GOOD AT DANCING, DRINKING, EATING AND SEX.
WE GATHER METALS TOGETHER AND SHOUT ENGINEERING!!!
WAKE UP, BLACK MAN.

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by patrick89(m): 8:43am On Oct 30, 2015
funkybully:

This is a good criticism. U encourage and offer better suggestion. Those guys are not Engineers but Engineering students. They are to continue learning in the field.

My degree project was on ATM using suction pump for currency selection. We wrote the software and machine language programs. The project worked but was slow.

During defence we were criticized on the choice of processor and motor, hence we added it in our recommendation for future research works.

Unizik Engineering faculty is practical oriented and have lecturers that have worked on the field before venturing into lecturing. Somebody like prof Ezechukwu, a consultant to NIPP / PHCN.
I like that man Ezechukwu he is such a great man, he helped my cousin sometimes ago! i hope other young lectures willl emulate him, especially that one from obodo Oyibo,

2 Likes

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by DrHighchief(m): 8:44am On Oct 30, 2015
Congratulation, d great zikites...I pray d appropriate authorities comes to ur aid for more production. I gbadu una effort.
Nigeria is a great country with abundant talents.

2 Likes

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by abdullkabar(m): 8:46am On Oct 30, 2015
LOVEGINO:
I doubt. Maybe one will buy a very long extension box. Plug ur bike, ride till d end of the extension.
Wicked tongue

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by Enemkingsley: 8:46am On Oct 30, 2015
Sorry, the students did not make the bike, rather they assembled it
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by funkybully(f): 8:46am On Oct 30, 2015
patrick89:

I like that man Ezechukwu he is such a great man, he helped my cousin sometimes ago! i hope other young lectures willl emulate him, especially that one from obodo Oyibo,

Prof Ezechukwu is a nice and intelligent lecturer. First class in B.Eng, Distinction in Masters! He is a mentor!
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by sweetgala(m): 8:48am On Oct 30, 2015
funkybully:

That sounds great ,if like to have a read of your project. I'm not too far out of college myself, I returned after a break to complete my undergrad, a lot has changed, when I started in 05, and now the range of projects now include orthopedics which I did for my project focusing on the axial pull out resistance of spinal pedicle screws, had to develop a static correlation model in CREO FEA and ANSYS , my FEA failed every single time.

Some of the guys designed the double wishbone suspension system of an electric race car being campaigned in a UK and Ireland championship, the frame was done by another guy triple hoop and lader style.

There is an electric bike being done as well which was built from ground up, and different students have contributed to it over a 3-4 year period

2 Likes

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by ahckmedkosy(m): 8:57am On Oct 30, 2015
harrysterol:
that a motorcycle not a power bike, it obvious you're the one who needs sense

So na eyes u use know the rev per second to be able to say that thing u said. Let me still correct u a little. Incase you Don't know, power bike is still a motor cycle.

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by bobby56(m): 9:00am On Oct 30, 2015
harrysterol:

Op btwn what you posted and the power bike (yamaha r6) below do they look alike? That an insult to Power Bikes

Enemy of Progress. Have you asked to know how the first Power Bike that was made look like? Go and do your own and lets see how it will look like.

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by ceecee0703(m): 9:00am On Oct 30, 2015
Yanks101:
Are Nigerian engineers taught anything like aethestic design in school?
The bike probably works, but it looks trashy due to poor aethestic design.
The aethestic part is just as important as the electro-mechanical aspect.

Then the govt should pick it up dats why we are not going anywhere....can some one take it n brush it then we will av something great..
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by Gracito(f): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2015
They did well. It's a very good start#thisproudzikite#

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 30, 2015
Realonekingsley:
Wonderful.
You should check out other depts in school making good projects to,when school was in session i went to the technical education workshop and their electronics technology students were making refridgerators and airconditioners.

the bike is not moving na, wheres the creativity or were they waiting for nepa to give light.
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by matrixme(m): 9:15am On Oct 30, 2015
You people that are abusing those giving their critism are really mediocres. So you expect everyone to be worshipping the fact that a couple of students created a power bike which is expected to be aesthetically appealing as well as functional?
I was reading just this morning, how Russia is planning to send Cosmonauts to the moon, which has been done by the Americans since the 1960`s.
If you are still stuck in the mediocrity camp, you really should step up your game. The world has gone light years ahead.
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by rasheedmalik113: 9:18am On Oct 30, 2015
ok go on ...Electric Powerbike hope you produce ...Electric Powermotto
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by nolongthing55: 9:18am On Oct 30, 2015
Mr Oga which one you fit do
harrysterol:

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by persius555(m): 9:19am On Oct 30, 2015
harrysterol:

You are ignorant. The prototype those students are working on could eventually be develop into the model you posted. You are one of the lazy nigerians who dont appreciate hardwork and ingenuinty, but want everything at all cost without a sweat. With proper funding and training, these toys could be developed into world class motor bikes in the next five years or there about. Its high time we start believing in our own people and talent. You see a ill constructed motor bike now, but i see a power bike in the future that will compete with any brand in the future.
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by pointwise: 9:20am On Oct 30, 2015
I hope some rich men will see the future of good industries in the school projects. Let them empowered us for better 9ja

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by seangy4konji: 9:25am On Oct 30, 2015
Nigerians celebrating rubbish since 1924...100 level students in North Korea(Not South Korea)cant bring out such thrash...

If you need money to take it to the SUPER BIKE CHAMPIONSHIP also,then let us know so that we can contribute for you again.

Nonsense.
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by harrysterol(m): 9:30am On Oct 30, 2015
ahckmedkosy:

So na eyes u use know the rev per second to be able to say that thing u said. Let me still correct u a little. Incase you Don't know, power bike is still a motor cycle.
i actually mean the conventional okada we ride on
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by harrysterol(m): 9:30am On Oct 30, 2015
vRendoh:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
ABSOLUTE MEDIOCRITY!!!!!
THE WORLD IS LAUGHING AT US THE BLACKS! GOOD AT DANCING, DRINKING, EATING AND SEX.
WE GATHER METALS TOGETHER AND SHOUT ENGINEERING!!!
WAKE UP, BLACK MAN.
don't mind all those people celebrating Mediocrity, if you say the truth now the start attacking u
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by 123papas(m): 9:30am On Oct 30, 2015
is it marketable?
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by melody4me(f): 9:33am On Oct 30, 2015
Proudly zikite the !!!!GIANTS!!!!

1 Like

Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by meccuno: 9:37am On Oct 30, 2015
LOVEGINO:
lolz grin. U are crazy mehn!!
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by Yanks101: 9:48am On Oct 30, 2015
harrysterol:

The engines may be of the same capacity.
The aethestic aspect is what makes the yamaha looks sophisticated.
Re: Electric Powerbike Made In Unizik (pictures). by Nickymezor(f): 9:53am On Oct 30, 2015
Nice one.. . The Giants rock

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ayodele Dada: "How I Graduated With All-Round A's & 5.0 CGPA" / Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US / FG Increases Unity Schools’ Fees From ₦45,000 To ₦100,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.