Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,503 members, 7,781,531 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:22 PM

We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN (40732 Views)

Why Nigerians Are Not Allowed To Buy Smartphones On Contract. / How To Subscribe To MTN Unlimited Data For 150 Naira A Day / Mtn To Mtn Free Call And Data. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by amAZEing: 11:29am On Oct 31, 2015
the Fuulish Op should be ashamed of the exploitation of Nigerians by his employer, MTN Nigeria.
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by So4baba(m): 11:32am On Oct 31, 2015
calabardick:

how much is your worth? how much do you load on your phone? wait let MTN go you will see the consequence
Let mtn go and see if hundreds wnt bid to come in with better conditions,, Nigerians very comfortable with low life and standard of living that a degree of positivity becomes a curse to them,, other players complied with the directives, wld you tell me they ddnt care abt their customers.?so why wnt MTN,.? That's the question we all shud ask.. I dnt care hw much they are required to pay, I just want to see investors treat my country with respect they wld Accord the USA.. If any Nigerian coy disregard anoder country directives,, let them send her home.. It's simple
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by cjudy(m): 11:37am On Oct 31, 2015
calabardick:

how much is your worth? how much do you load on your phone? wait let MTN go you will see the consequence
even if na 1naira he load, na something. if they want to go, they should not waste time. let them do it fast. they took this country as a fool
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Frank3n2(m): 11:55am On Oct 31, 2015
Ok

Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by awesome11(m): 11:55am On Oct 31, 2015
Princedapace:
Dear Nigerians, each time I read comments regarding this MTN penalty madness by NCC, I end up wondering if most of the comments were just for fun or realistic opinion of the commentators both on Nairaland and other top social sites. The Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC slammed a N1.4 trillion penalty on MTN Nigeria for failure to disconnect customers with unregistered SIM cards. That fine is outrageous please! We have to stop the sentiments. I don't see MTN paying that huge amount of money. They have given reasons why they were reluctant with the SIM card deactivation thing which I believe is credible and reasonable enough.

We should not forget that MTN has the largest data base of users in Nigeria and they care so much about their customers more than the unfriendly policy.
They wanted a gradual process to the issue which favoured their customers more. Trust most Nigerians, registration of our SIM has always been an issue because of our 'attitudes'. MTN even called some customers, pleaded on many of them and even used free bonuses to encourage subscribers to register and update their SIM but many still refused. That's how we roll in Nigeria smiley Now, deactivating those SIMs would have resulted to severe difficulties for users who had genuine reasons for their inability to update their account.
Yes, MTN violated the law but justice can be tampered with mercy. MTN has done so much for this country: from infrastructural development to massive man power empowerment and development. From educational development to massive entertainment industry boost, in summary, MTN corporate social responsibility programmes are highly commendable and among the best in this country. MTN has changed lives in this country: many people can pay their bills because of this same company. MTN has done so much for us and should be respected please.Their (MTN) investments in the telecom sector have affected other telecom giants positively. This embarrassment against MTN should stop please. MTN is not like all these Indian and Lebanese companies that reserve most juicy management positions for their own citizens only, MTN pays their direct workers (Nigerians) very well unlike most of these foreign companies operating in Nigeria i.e ISON BPO. Top management players in MTN Nigeria are Nigerians. I strongly believe they should be respected and the large data
base and services the company operates here in Nigeria should be considered too. It's not easy to adhere to such rule while having such data base like that of MTN.
For those calling for MTN to leave
I laugh in Chinese and Zulusmiley Yes, if MTN leaves Nigeria, it will surely affect the company heavily but we will suffer it more. Our economy will suffer and unemployment will rise. You are calling on Nigerians to port to Glo and others: wait until any of these telecom companies handle the number of subscribers MTN is currently handling, then you will appreciate MTN better...I can bet you, many of them will collapse! They will not be able to handle such huge traffic.
Those of you calling MTN names
Can you count how many times you have cheated MTN to browse for free? Do you think the infrastructures used for internet services are bought for free? Do you think it is easy to maintain a business in the Nigerian environment with poor power and transportation sectors? Think again please! Don't ever forget that you benefit from MTN directly or indirectly. For those of you crying about MTN promo, did MTN force you into any promo? And most of us don't read terms and conditions of these services and promo from MTN and others.
MTN does not force you to subscribe to any of her services. Yeah, some marketing strategies are deployed to lure customers into certain services but it's still left for you to opt-in and opt-out. I can beat my chest to say that since 2009 I started using MTN line, I have never experienced any reason to accuse them of stealing. I rather say thank you to MTN than accuse MTN of stealing from me. Subscribers make the mistake of subscribing for one service or the other and finally accuse MTN of stealing from them. Some subscribers leave their app running on the background while their airtime gets deducted and they blame it on MTN. You're asking DSTV to leave as if it is DSTV that's working against an indigenous company from doing well in the same market. We complain about MTN and we still don't want to leave them, why? Other telecom companies should compete well with MTN or is it MTN that prevented Glo from taking over other African countries? MTN remains the best network in Nigeria and Africa, take it or leave it. The company should be respected and appreciated too. At least, they accepted to invest in the Nigerian telecom industry back then when other companies where shying away from Nigeria. They made the sector attractive. They made the industry lucrative, they believed in Nigeria when others didn't. I love MTN with my whole heart. Please, we should empathize with them instead of slamming them.
http://iamkingsleyokoro..com.ng/2015/10/ncc-fines-mtn-nigeria.html

All the same, I believe the NCC must have sent a memoir to MTN to comply with the new policy the government of their business environment has formulated in order to curb crime and I also know that the $1,005 per unactivated sim before deadline day must have been spelt clearly. So, why the fuss?

It was the responsibility of the firm to communicate the customer unfriendly nature of the policy to the NCC, so they can come to a compromise.

Foreign companies should know that there's a new sheriff in town and learn to be responsible!

The same is about to happen in the banking sector.

Before small time now, u guys will be comparing our securitywith that of countries with ideal national databases!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by MustyDanYaro: 11:58am On Oct 31, 2015
Its either you're a MTN staff or you've been paid to write this nonsense.

It is criminal to defend a company like MTN that has for years fleeced and exploited Nigerians.

On top of that, MTN evaded tax for years & created tax havens in Dubai and Mauritius where money made in Nigeria are laundered to just to avoid paying tax.

In fact, this is not just a felony, this is economic treason. They must pay the fine & all the tax they've evaded.

Kudos to NCC. The FIRS and EFCC must wake up and further investigate MTN.
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
calabardick:

Bros forget it, nobody is INDISPENSABLE!! If MTN moves out of Nigeria today another network will EMERGE and even better.
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by cirmuell(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
Princedapace:

thanks bro and also where we are today in the telecom industry is as a result of MTN
Oga Ade pipe down abeg, what's with the shitty PR?

I guess your life has never been frustrated before by this crazy network. If MTN hadn't come, trust me another network would have. So shut the hell up about mtn doing sh¡t for Nigerians 'cuz we actually made 'em, they should be grateful to us not the the other way round.

We can't keep folding our arms while they keep flouting rules and regulations like they're the sh¡t.

Rubbish angry, you come here dey rub sh¡t 4 our face.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by calabardick(m): 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
Tbliss12:

Bros forget it, nobody is INDISPENSABLE!! If MTN moves out of Nigeria today another network will EMERGE and even better.

not so easy brother, many have applied for license to come in but our ogas ate the top joined hands with the 4 cardinal networks to deny and delay their license...... as GEJ
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Timbaks(m): 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
Princedapace:

thanks bro and also where we are today in the telecom industry is as a result of MTN

Nope buddy it is as a result of Nigeria's policy cos they wouldn't be here in the first place if we did not allow them. So yes, op has a point but to call a spade by its name, MTN flaut an order and they should be punished even though I believe in tampering justice with mercy. But so we all know, they have failed to abide by the law period!!! They called this upon themselves.

2 Likes

Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by adepiero: 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
erekoshe:

They're in[b] completion[/b], nobody is forcing u to remain with their network
Completion or Competition? undecided

Anyway, staying or leaving them is my choice and not your opinion.
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by jaydee87(m): 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
good arguments from affected Nigerians and good defence from op, I know my post might not probably get any attention cos its same thing we all av bin saying Mtn is a fraud why on earth will they evade tax after the numerous tax collected from Nigerians tru caller tunes and irrelevant alerts.its painful that no local network can boost of the same inflow as Mtn.. yes they Gabe us free calls, data and the likes but av they forgotten that we pay more than most countries. Mtn is a top player because we welcomed them and played the fool to their scams. now is the time to curb them and rectify all there wrongs. how will I buy 2gb for 2000 wen its possible for me to get unlimited data at same rate... Mtn is not alone in this even our local network is guilty of this... we need to bring them to book... cos the internet is meant to be the cheapest but herè in Nigeria its the most expensive after feeding and shelter. thank you..
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2015
This Op is clearly working with MTN.
They broke the law, they must pay!
Clearly MTN paid the op to seek sympathy. They're more pathetic than I even thought.
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 31, 2015
MustyDanYaro:

It is criminal to defend a company like MTN that has for years fleeced and exploited Nigerians.

On top of that, MTN evaded tax for years & created tax havens in Dubai and Mauritius where money made in Nigeria are laundered to just to avoid paying tax.

In fact, this is not just a felony, this is economic treason. They must pay the fine & all the tax they've evaded.

Well said!
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by danniekute(m): 12:33pm On Oct 31, 2015
This what MTN is doing for our people

Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by danniekute(m): 12:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
danniekute:
This what MTN is doing for our people
Trader's cup in Onitsha ,2015 edition ,on going..

Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by danniekute(m): 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2015
MustyDanYaro:

. Rubbishhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Ojelade18012010(m): 1:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
Princedapace:
Dear Nigerians, each time I read comments regarding this MTN penalty madness by NCC, I end up wondering if most of the comments were just for fun or realistic opinion of the commentators both on Nairaland and other top social sites. The Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC slammed a N1.4 trillion penalty on MTN Nigeria for failure to disconnect customers with unregistered SIM cards. That fine is outrageous please! We have to stop the sentiments. I don't see MTN paying that huge amount of money. They have given reasons why they were reluctant with the SIM card deactivation thing which I believe is credible and reasonable enough.

We should not forget that MTN has the largest data base of users in Nigeria and they care so much about their customers more than the unfriendly policy.
They wanted a gradual process to the issue which favoured their customers more. Trust most Nigerians, registration of our SIM has always been an issue because of our 'attitudes'. MTN even called some customers, pleaded on many of them and even used free bonuses to encourage subscribers to register and update their SIM but many still refused. That's how we roll in Nigeria smiley Now, deactivating those SIMs would have resulted to severe difficulties for users who had genuine reasons for their inability to update their account.
Yes, MTN violated the law but justice can be tampered with mercy. MTN has done so much for this country: from infrastructural development to massive man power empowerment and development. From educational development to massive entertainment industry boost, in summary, MTN corporate social responsibility programmes are highly commendable and among the best in this country. MTN has changed lives in this country: many people can pay their bills because of this same company. MTN has done so much for us and should be respected please.Their (MTN) investments in the telecom sector have affected other telecom giants positively. This embarrassment against MTN should stop please. MTN is not like all these Indian and Lebanese companies that reserve most juicy management positions for their own citizens only, MTN pays their direct workers (Nigerians) very well unlike most of these foreign companies operating in Nigeria i.e ISON BPO. Top management players in MTN Nigeria are Nigerians. I strongly believe they should be respected and the large data
base and services the company operates here in Nigeria should be considered too. It's not easy to adhere to such rule while having such data base like that of MTN.
I laugh in Chinese and Zulusmiley Yes, if MTN leaves Nigeria, it will surely affect the company heavily but we will suffer it more. Our economy will suffer and unemployment will rise. You are calling on Nigerians to port to Glo and others: wait until any of these telecom companies handle the number of subscribers MTN is currently handling, then you will appreciate MTN better...I can bet you, many of them will collapse! They will not be able to handle such huge traffic.
Can you count how many times you have cheated MTN to browse for free? Do you think the infrastructures used for internet services are bought for free? Do you think it is easy to maintain a business in the Nigerian environment with poor power and transportation sectors? Think again please! Don't ever forget that you benefit from MTN directly or indirectly. For those of you crying about MTN promo, did MTN force you into any promo? And most of us don't read terms and conditions of these services and promo from MTN and others.
MTN does not force you to subscribe to any of her services. Yeah, some marketing strategies are deployed to lure customers into certain services but it's still left for you to opt-in and opt-out. I can beat my chest to say that since 2009 I started using MTN line, I have never experienced any reason to accuse them of stealing. I rather say thank you to MTN than accuse MTN of stealing from me. Subscribers make the mistake of subscribing for one service or the other and finally accuse MTN of stealing from them. Some subscribers leave their app running on the background while their airtime gets deducted and they blame it on MTN. You're asking DSTV to leave as if it is DSTV that's working against an indigenous company from doing well in the same market. We complain about MTN and we still don't want to leave them, why? Other telecom companies should compete well with MTN or is it MTN that prevented Glo from taking over other African countries? MTN remains the best network in Nigeria and Africa, take it or leave it. The company should be respected and appreciated too. At least, they accepted to invest in the Nigerian telecom industry back then when other companies where shying away from Nigeria. They made the sector attractive. They made the industry lucrative, they believed in Nigeria when others didn't. I love MTN with my whole heart. Please, we should empathize with them instead of slamming them.
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Alexander001(m): 1:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
never sleep, stay awake to plot revenge...I recharged mtn 400 and left my SIM card unused in my wallet for a month plus. only for me to put my sim back to make call and saw #5. I called the customer service to know my crime only for the guy to tell me that I had used my sim to answer mtn Q $ A for which each answer cost #20...my people, how can I answer question with SIM card inside my wallet?
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Princedapace(m): 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
chuna1985:

Bloggers like u need to be arrested.

MTN has done NOTHING for nigeria, instead they have been ripping us off.

lolzzz

come and arrest me na...
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by malonephill(m): 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ncc serve them well I pity less
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by iliyande(m): 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2015
Alexander001:
never sleep, stay awake to plot revenge...I recharged mtn 400 and left my SIM card unused in my wallet for a month plus. only for me to put my sim back to make call and saw #5. I called the customer service to know my crime only for the guy to tell me that I had used my sim to answer mtn Q $ A for which each answer cost #20...my people, how can I answer question with SIM card inside my wallet?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy you funny die cheesy cheesy
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
@ OP

MTN can f**king leave and there are many other telecommunication companies that will be ready to take its place quickly without Nigerians feeling the economic troubles very much. You are making this xenophobic MTN looks like a god here. The law is broken and it must pay the penalty. I don't understand what the sentiment is for!
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by kingdavidG(m): 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
Princedapace:

Oga forget that, they are not the only operator available, so they are highly privileged to invest in Naija, after all we have our own indigenous network operator [GLO] with other foreigners.
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by 14(m): 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2015
Princedapace:

If MTN was the worst network provider, it would be having 2m subscribers, the fact that they have 62m it means they are doing something good or better other networks.
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2015
14:

If MTN was the worst network provider, it would be having 2m subscribers, the fact that they have 62m it means they are doing something good or better other networks.
The privileges accorded MTN are what make the company leaders think they can break the Nigerian law on telecommunication. Enough of all the bullsh*ts because the people can no longer fold their hands why the idiotic MTN keeps playing them for fools!
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
calabardick:

not so easy brother, many have applied for license to come in but our ogas ate the top joined hands with the 4 cardinal networks to deny and delay their license...... as GEJ
That is for the reason MTN has been lobbying behind close door to prevent them from coming in. There is an urgent need to tell the Zulu telecommunication company to leave because it is not following the rule of law of the country.
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by kingdavidG(m): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
Op = SENIOR ADVOCATE
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Excelboi(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
Romeolowo:
try to hit ur head in the wall grin cheesy stingy guy grin
After you dummy... undecided
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Ijaya123: 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
Mikkyboy008:

Yes I know they violated the law.Reason might Probably be because they put the customers first with consideration of what the customers with unregistered sim might lose but then again,is it not What we'd probably want from companies like that?I mean,companies that put customers first?And I so believe most of the people saying mtn deserves the fine they are getting now are one of those that have not registered their sim,neglecting the fact that mtn 'fought' for them,in a way,by not blocking their sims,something they wouldnt have wanted.

Two wrongs don't make a right. That is not an excuse to violate the law of the land. They are not the only network with unregistered sim out there. The law is the law and had to be obeyed or else there will be anarchy. Can they try such in USA or UK? Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by jayblinx(m): 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
if any company should be banned...i think its DSTV....very greedy
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Adortem: 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
Don't pity them,pity Nigerians that use mtn,pity Nigerians that work with them,most of their staffs are contract staffs...No one is irreplacable,if they go,others will fill their space.kudos to NCC,if not for them,they would have really exploited Nigerians...No one is indispensable if that is your fear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Official Thread For PES 2017 Android Game : Download Here / New And Latest Codes For Free Internet Browsing On Both Phones And Computer / Top 10 States With The Highest Number Of Internet Users In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.