Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate (18195 Views)

Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah / Buhari, Osinbajo Declare Assets / Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by drimpeccable(m): 3:59am On Oct 31, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari’s ministers-designate are unwilling to declare their assets publicly,Saturday PUNCHhas learnt.
Some of the ministers-designate said they were only bound by the constitution to declare their assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau and not publicly.

Buhari and the Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, have declared their assets publicly, but the Presidency recently said it would not compel ministers to do the same.

Many of the ministers-designate insisted that they did not have to do more than is required by the constitution, irrespective of Buhari and Osinbajo’s actions. Meanwhile, only a few of Buhari’s ministers-designate are willing to emulate him and Osinbajo.

One of the ministers-designate, Mr. Ibrahim Jibril, from Nasarawa State, said he was under no obligation to declare his assets publicly when assigned portfolio.
Jibril, who spoke through his media aide, Mr. Ibrahim Umar, said, “It is not necessary to emulate Buhari and Osinbajo.”

After several telephone calls to get the view of the minister-designate from Niger State, Abubakar Bawa Bwari, on the issue were not answered, our correspondent sent him a text message, which he also did not reply.
Later, Bwari however answered a subsequent call that was placed on his number, saying, “I got your text, and I’m in a meeting right now. Thank you.”

The minister-designate from Oyo State, Mr. Adebayo Shittu, was also noncommittal, saying the constitution does not make it compulsory.

The minister-designate from Ondo State, Prof. Cladius Daramola, declined to comment on whether he would declare his assets publicly, saying he had no assets to declare.
Daramola said, “I have no comment. I don’t have assets; I am a teacher and my children are my only assets.”

Daramola’s counterpart from Cross River State, Usani Uguru Usani, also declined to comment on the issue of public declaration of assets.
“Until I take office, I will not speak to the press,” he said.

Prof. Isaac Adewole, a nominee from Osun State, expressed his readiness to declare his assets publicly if required to do so.

Efforts to speak with Chief Audu Ogbe, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, Alhaji Lai Mohammed and Mr. James Ocholi were not successful as they neither responded to calls nor text messages sent to their mobile telephone lines.
When one of our correspondents spoke to Mr. Hakeem Bello, the media adviser to Fashola, he said he did not know his principal’s plan but would find out if he was able to reach him later.

However, other sources close to Fashola toldSaturday PUNCHthat the former Lagos State governor would not declare his asset publicly to avoid controversy that might stem from the action.

The nominee from Edo State, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, declined to comment on the issue in a telephone conversation with one of our correspondents on Thursday.

However, the minister-designate from Ogun State, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, also expressed readiness to declare her assets publicly.
She responded with “of course” when our correspondent sent her a text message to get her view on the issue.

Mr. Solomon Dalung from Plateau State said he would declare his assets soon. He toldSaturday PUNCHthat he had already collected his assets declaration form, saying “Very soon. I have collected the form.”

On whether minister-designate from Rivers State, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, will declare his assets publicly if confirmed as a minister, the APC Publicity Secretary in the state, Mr. Chris Finebone, described the decision as personal.

Source: PUNCH Newspaper

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by demarc001: 4:03am On Oct 31, 2015
Lol! The case of Saraki is the beginning of wisdom!
(You declare your asset only to a few people, how will people know you didn't include the land you amass in your village or properties abroad)
Nigerian deceiving themselves since the days of Lord Luggard.
Asset declaration in Nigeria is a sham! 80% of politicians assets are not registered in their names.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by jeffizy(m): 4:04am On Oct 31, 2015
After the reggae play the blues,
ANYTHING I DO, MAKE YOU DO.....
Your President declared his asset publicly and you want to do otherwise?
That's unethical if I may judge.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by biafranqueen: 4:07am On Oct 31, 2015
The President and VP never declared assets yet. They gave no values to the property cars and they never told us how much was in the accounts. At least Buharis angels don't want to lie to us.
However, other sources close to Fashola toldSaturday PUNCHthat the former Lagos State governor would not declare his asset publicly to avoid controversy that might stem from the action.
Of course Fashola won't even try it his value will send APC zombies into the grave.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by nnachukz(m): 4:14am On Oct 31, 2015
jeffizy:
The president declared his asset publicly you said? Is that so? If they do what the president did, the CCB will pick them up when a different party comes to power.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by nnachukz(m): 4:16am On Oct 31, 2015
Now another campagn promise is about to be denied. The scam is real.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by jeffizy(m): 4:24am On Oct 31, 2015
nnachukz:
The president declared his asset publicly you said? Is that so? If they do what the president did, the CCB will pick them up when a different party comes to power.
We were able to know he has an account with Union bank and he rears cattle.
I think that's being public about one's assets.

7 Likes

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by philfrey08: 5:11am On Oct 31, 2015
Just send it to my mail.... grin
Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by shadownetinc: 5:42am On Oct 31, 2015
Don't worry.... i promise not to harass you with CCT grin grin grin grin

by the way learn everything called computing from HTML to the latest hacking techniques @ http://www.shadownetinc.net
Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by DonDiego(m): 6:19am On Oct 31, 2015
It is not a surprise that the "most widely read paper" in Nigeria could not report anything about even a single ministerial nominee from the SE. APC and their 97% vs 5% sef.

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by PRYCE(m): 6:48am On Oct 31, 2015
Lol! They just following in the footsteps of their dullard oga!

They shouldn't do it sef, we don't wanna hear about missing plots, wives, children, GP tanks, Tissue papers and such Buhari-style

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by sotall(m): 6:50am On Oct 31, 2015
shoro niyen?

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by Sweetcollins: 6:50am On Oct 31, 2015
But y na? Make una no fall Daura legend hand o

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by otijah(m): 6:50am On Oct 31, 2015
jeffizy:
that thing he did was not assest declaration, and also I don't expect these set of corrupts ministers to declare their current assests publicly or else heaven will let loose in Nigeria

Imagine Fashola and Amaechi decalaring their original assets publicly cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by lonelydora: 6:50am On Oct 31, 2015
why?
Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by jerinapi1: 6:50am On Oct 31, 2015
Why are they trying to spoil Baba Buhari change agenda? Na wa for this ppl oh.. Have u guys seen these leaked N*DE of RIHANNA? Lemme share to fellow Nairalander

http://www.latestamebonaija.com/2015/10/photos-nde-photos-of-rihanna-surfaces.html?m=0

5 Likes

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by lonelydora: 6:51am On Oct 31, 2015
why
Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by Youngzedd(m): 6:52am On Oct 31, 2015
See them.

What are they afraid of

Na the same people shocked

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by pretydiva(f): 6:52am On Oct 31, 2015
Afraid is catching dem already undecided
Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by osabiya16(m): 6:52am On Oct 31, 2015
Corruption can never be a thing of the past in Nigeria until I become the president of federal republic of Nigeria, quote me.

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 31, 2015
So...we sue the CCB to do the job for them.

Since they say that they are only constitutionally bound to declare their assets to the CCB, then the CCB should be made by the Law and the people to declare the assets of the politicians who have spoken publicly.

Freedom of information and all that.

Anyone who objects gets the sack....or we sack APC in 2019.

Welcome to democracy.

7 Likes

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by waveskaaya(m): 6:53am On Oct 31, 2015
just passing
Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by Canme4u(m): 6:53am On Oct 31, 2015
Good Morning Nigeria.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by godoluwa(m): 6:54am On Oct 31, 2015
CHANGE!

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by ibkgab001: 6:54am On Oct 31, 2015
awon Oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by Brytawon(m): 6:54am On Oct 31, 2015
Was that Shittu of a man confirmed a Minister?

5 Likes

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by adedam007(m): 6:54am On Oct 31, 2015
T
Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by Firefire(m): 6:54am On Oct 31, 2015
If Buhary corrupt ministers will not declare their assets publicly as promised by Gen. Mohamodu Buari during his campaign, then Nigerians should forget it, Buhary is a fraudster.

Cc: Modath, is this the CHANGE APC promised Nigerians.

God hate liars. angry

How will the public assets declaration of the following people looks like?

1.Udoma Udo Udoma
2.Kayode Fayemi
3.Audu Ogbeh
4.Ogbonnaya Onuh
5.Dr Osagie Ehenere
6.Lt. Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau
7.Lai Mohammed
8.Amina Ibrahim Mohammed
9.Engr Suleiman Adamu
10.Ibrahim Usman Jibrin
11.Babatunde Raji Fashola
12.Emmanuel Ibe Kachukwu
13.Abubakar Malami
14.Dr Chris Ngige
15.Aisha Jummai Alhassan
16.Solomon Dalong
17.Kemi Adeosun
18.Hadi Sirika
and others...

APC, party of professional lairs and career looters.

http://www.coolfm.ng/kano/news/national-updates/item/1397-asset-declaration-i-and-my-cabinet-will-declare-assets-if-elected-buhari

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by Vodkka(m): 6:54am On Oct 31, 2015
drimpeccable:

Source: PUNCH Newspaper
we dont dem self.....just giv us quality and transparent administration
Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by Berrilite(f): 6:54am On Oct 31, 2015
Hnmm
Re: We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate by donofdons: 6:54am On Oct 31, 2015
[size=18pt] Chai, na so we enter once chance wey the driver no sabi road come go put us for hold up wey armed robbers de rob for daylight come still de brag for us say them not talk say them sabi road[/size]

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Confirms Tambuwal As Sokoto PDP Governorship Candidate / Lagos Leads As States’ Mid-Year IGR Hits ₦849.12 Billion / Peter Obi: Opposition Using Fake News On Social Media And Blaming Labour Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.