Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer (12255 Views)

Lecturer Gives Kenyan Student MouthAction In Office. Photos Shared On Facebook / What To Do When Your Lecturer Harasses You (Female Students) / 9 Things You’ve Heard Your Lecturer Say If You Attended A Nigerian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by DEGREE2466(m): 5:03am On Oct 31, 2015
10 Reasons why you should not quarrel with your lecturer

1. You might need his help in future: You might need that your lecturer to be your referee in your curriculum vitae, you could as well run into him in your interview as one of the interviewers in your interview panel. If you don't know, know it that lecturers are sometimes hired by companies to assist them in recruiting and selecting qualified candidates for jobs in their companies. Did you know that you could meet one of your lecturers there as your interviewer? You might need that job!

2. He might take up a political appointment: This should not come as a surprise because the evidences are there. Dr. goodluck Jonathan (immediate past Nigeria President), Prof. Osinbajo ( incumbent Nigeria VP), et al were ones lecturers. It could be the turn of that your lecturer to take up one of the most sensitive political appointments in the country. If you had a very good rapour with him it might benefit you.

3. He might be related to you: I know this may sound weird but did you know that that your lecturer may be your distant uncle/aunt you are yet to meet? Yes people got to know their relative years after they have met with the person and had different encounters with them which could be positive or negative. How would you feel after many years of graduating from the higher institution you got to know that the lecturer you were robbing shoulders with when you were in school is in one way or the other related to you?

4. He can decide your fate: Your lecturer can decide to frustrate you by ensuring that you keep on failing his course until you realize your mistakes. So it is for your own interest to respect him, pass his course and move on.

5. You might fail his course: It has been observed that students fail the courses of lecturers they dislike. Your attitude towards him and his course can make you fail his course. Will your dad ask you whether you hated the lecturer or not?

7. You could be a lecturer: There is a saying in literature that "The boy is the father of the man" (paradox). The lecturer you are having loggerhead with today was once a student like you. Therefore there is possibility of you becoming a lecturer. Why not respect this lecturer of yours and get yourself respected should you become one?

8. He could be your mentor: That someone is a lecturer does not mean his life start and end with teaching. Some lecturers have other skills and talents like music, acting, blogging, writing, etc. You might not know that they have such talents and skills if you start your relationship with them with quarrels. So why not pretend you might tap from his talents and be a good student?

9. You could meet him elsewhere: Chances are you might run into your lecturer abroad or at a very critical place that you would wish you know somebody there and truth be told, you would be glad if you can greet each other than if you can't all because of altercation you had with him when you were an undergraduate.

10. You gain nothing by being stubborn: There are attitudes expected of a matured person and the least of them is allowing yourself being insulted and humiliated by a lecturer all because of some avoidable obstinate behaviour from you. So why not save yourself the embarrasment and respect that lecturer of yours?

Related articles:
12 types of people you will meet in night class.

12 ways to make the best out of your undergraduate days

Etcetera

Source: Degree2466

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by Talius(m): 5:14am On Oct 31, 2015
DEGREE2466:
10 Reasons why you should not quarrel with your lecturer

1. You might need his help in future: You might need that your lecturer to be your referee in your curriculum vitae, you could as well run into him in your interview as one of the interviewers in your interview panel. If you don't know, know it that lecturers are sometimes hired by companies to assist them in recruiting and selecting qualified candidates for jobs in their companies. Did you know that you could meet one of your lecturers there as your interviewer? You might need that job!

2. He might take up a political appointment: This should not come as a surprise because the evidences are there. Dr. goodluck Jonathan (immediate past Nigeria President), Prof. Osinbajo ( incumbent Nigeria VP), et al were ones lecturers. It could be the turn of that your lecturer to take up one of the most sensitive political appointments in the country. If you had a very good rapour with him it might benefit you.

3. He might be related to you: I know this may sound weird but did you know that that your lecturer may be your distant uncle/aunt you are yet to meet? Yes people got to know their relative years after they have met with the person and had different encounters with them which could be positive or negative. How would you feel after many years of graduating from the higher institution you got to know that the lecturer you were robbing shoulders with when you were in school is in one way or the other related to you?

4. He can decide your fate: Your lecturer can decide to frustrate you by ensuring that you keep on failing his course until you realize your mistakes. So it is for your own interest to respect him, pass his course and move on.

5. You might fail his course: It has been observed that students fail the courses of lecturers they dislike. Your attitude towards him and his course can make you fail his course. Will your dad ask you whether you hated the lecturer or not?

7. You could be a lecturer: There is a saying in literature that "The boy is the father of the man" (paradox). The lecturer you are having loggerhead with today was once a student like you. Therefore there is possibility of you becoming a lecturer. Why not respect this lecturer of yours and get yourself respected should you become one?

8. He could be your mentor: That someone is a lecturer does not mean his life start and end with teaching. Some lecturers have other skills and talents like music, acting, blogging, writing, etc. You might not know that they have such talents and skills if you start your relationship with them with quarrels. So why not pretend you might tap from his talents and be a good student?

9. You could meet him elsewhere: Chances are you might run into your lecturer abroad or at a very critical place that you would wish you know somebody there and truth be told, you would be glad if you can greet each other than if you can't all because of altercation you had with him when you were an undergraduate.

10. You gain nothing by being stubborn: There are attitudes expected of a matured person and the least of them is allowing yourself being insulted and humiliated by a lecturer all because of some avoidable obstinate behaviour from you. So why not save yourself the embarrasment and respect that lecturer of yours?

Related articles:
12 types of people you will meet in night class.

12 ways to make the best out of your undergraduate days

Etcetera

Source: Degree2466

Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by olumide81(m): 5:44am On Oct 31, 2015
Ethically you are very right , however ethics are enforceable while morals are not

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 03, 2016
There are 3 lecturers I will never respect

Gay lecturers get on my nerves

Racist lecturers because they pure dirt

Arrogant lecturers that feel they know it all...Bloody pompous fools

And Maaaayybbbeee Sexy lecturers...They make me lose my concentration angry

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by ChappyChase: 6:52am On Aug 03, 2016
Them be demi-god....

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by oyetunder(m): 6:52am On Aug 03, 2016
Good submission, but not a balanced one! Lecturers too should be informed why they should not fight some special student! There are times one cannot avoid fighting with his/her lecturers! And as a student, you may have what it takes to win. Personally, I was pushed to the wall in my university days by Three lectures including the HOD-though I was the most brilliant student in my department...I fought them together and to God be the glory, they were all defeated and even disgraced out. 13 years later, some of them are still begging me for forgiveness, though I've forgiven them repeatedly.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by herzern(m): 6:53am On Aug 03, 2016

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by fapcrook(m): 6:54am On Aug 03, 2016
Many are correct in Nigeria setting, not somewhere else

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 03, 2016
In class last semester.

Lecturer : You (me) tell the class the location, position and size of Nigeria.

Me : Sir i don't know.

Lecturer : Then why are you wasting your parents money?

Class : Laughing thier ass out.

Me : Sir i am not wasting my parents money o.

Lecturer : You are a fool, you will fail this course.

Me : God forbid.

Lecturer : I swear on my fathers grave that u will not graduate.

Me : Your father is not God.

Lecturer : Get out of my class.

Me : Thank you sir.

This semester in class.

Lecturer : Lordoseji has the highest score in my course last semester, class rep please give him a free textbook for this course.

Me : (silently) Useless man, the expo that i did is even greater than your dead father..

Lesson :

Dont argue with them.

18 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by Florblu(f): 6:54am On Aug 03, 2016
Lecturers are like semi-gods.Be rude to them at your own risk!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by herzern(m): 6:54am On Aug 03, 2016
kiss
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by Innodon(m): 6:55am On Aug 03, 2016
Ok
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by HtwoOw: 6:56am On Aug 03, 2016
Anyone can need anybody's help

Lecturers are not gods , and should be corrected if need be

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by Jediel1(m): 6:57am On Aug 03, 2016
Try am eh and u will become the Gcfr of d uni.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by Dsholla: 6:57am On Aug 03, 2016
Lecturers. And wickedness, you just have to keep playing fool and dummy for them
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by paschal47(m): 6:57am On Aug 03, 2016
i concur
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 03, 2016
Hmmm .. .. Okay
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by Feranchek(m): 6:59am On Aug 03, 2016
Yes o0

It really do not make sense at all. For out Nigeria of nowadays, as.s-licking can really take you places. Aside sexual requirements and other illegal and irresponsible demands from the lecturer, you should be able and willing to do his bidding just to get your grades high.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:59am On Aug 03, 2016
What about reasons why your lecturer should not quarrel with you:

1) You can be the number 1 citizen in this country

2) He might need a political appointment from you too

3) You might end up being his Inlaw (marry one of hin pikin)

My brother, everyone needs favour from one another. Irrespective of the position you are today grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by misterjosh(m): 7:00am On Aug 03, 2016
Ok
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by ikombe: 7:01am On Aug 03, 2016
Who in his or her right mind think of quarreling with a lecturer in the first place undecided
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by KINGSZY: 7:01am On Aug 03, 2016
It's so true but this men can be so bad some times,but for the ladies in the uni how will they cope to make sure they respect those men especially when they get randy? It can be unbearable some times!!!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by Badtguyy(m): 7:06am On Aug 03, 2016
All this don't freak me. Any lecturer that blocks ma way, if him like he should be ma forefathers he should rot in hell, Noone gat time for that shii

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by faruz: 7:08am On Aug 03, 2016
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by BE811APP: 7:12am On Aug 03, 2016
Do u mean Nigerian Lecturers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by iamsparrow(m): 7:13am On Aug 03, 2016
Nonsense, your lecturer may be ahead of you today and no one knows tomorrow. Op your topic should be why lecturers should not quarrel with their students coz students of today will eventually become leaders of tomorrow
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by rheether(f): 7:21am On Aug 03, 2016
oyetunder:
Good submission, but not a balanced one! Lecturers too should be informed why they should not fight some special student! There are times one cannot avoid fighting with his/her lecturers! And as a student, you may have what it takes to win. Personally, I was pushed to the wall in my university days by Three lectures including the HOD-though I was the most brilliant student in my department...I fought them together and to God be the glory, they were all defeated and even disgraced out. 13 years later, some of them are still begging me for forgiveness, though I've forgiven them repeatedly.

I doubt your story.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by okikiosibodu(m): 7:21am On Aug 03, 2016
In short your lecturer might end up being your oga at the top, so don't always jump into illogical conclusions or unnecessary anger. More especially , deal with your lecturer diplomatically. My own project supervisor as an undergraduate (OOU), almost drained me financially when he was saying go to Ife (OAU and RECTAS), go to Ibadan (U.I, IITA and NISER), go to Ekiti for data for my original essay. When I knew I was in for it was when he said go to Benin. I just bone the man's side for about 2 months. Where I had great luck was, the man has a short term memory, so he usually make we students under him write his instructions on a book and write the date on it, he then appends his signature (some people in the set before me, called my attention to it). So when next you see, you have to read out what you wrote the last time you met. Cut the long story short, I made him forget, then I was able to proceed to my last chapter within a week (after being stuck on chapter 2 for about 4 months). But we are "padi"s now. He even used my project for one of his journals. But wait o, those lecturers are wicked. About 4 of them put their names and me wey get the work gan-gan, dem put my name for last on the list. The thing pain me sha. But we are now "padi"s

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by Apreel(f): 7:22am On Aug 03, 2016
Lol...my hod was my mum's chyker in her youth

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Quarrel With Your Lecturer by Temitoppe(m): 7:23am On Aug 03, 2016
OP.... On number 7, what If the lecturer had been rude to his lecturer during his school days and am his karma??

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Words You Found Difficult To Spell In Your Early School Days? / Strike: ASUU Accuses FG Of Deceit As Minister Explains Payment Delay / Results 4d Interview For Both Hnd & Nd Have Been Released. Just Follow This Link Www.auchipoly.n

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.