Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:03 PM

Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. (56636 Views)

Largest Crowd Seen In A Bank For BVN Registration (photo) / Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public / Important Info On Bvn Registration!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Smooyis(m): 1:36pm On Oct 31, 2015
It is just a few hours now for the expiration of deadline for the BVN registration. I have registered for mine, but my sister who resides overseas is yet to register and will be coming home in a month's time. Having saved some money towards her visit in her FirstBank account and yet to be registered, I feel so much worried as the deadline closes by.

The question on my mind has been, what will happen to millions of accounts that are yet to be registered before the deadline, and what hope do such account holders have thereafter. Let's share our knowledge on this.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by bronzegoddess(f): 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
My UBA acct can go to hell.

150 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by xreal: 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
Noooothing dey hapun!

in Tubaba's voice

52 Likes

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Paulpaulpaul(m): 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ha! It will be terrible o, it means she will lose everything to CBN and FG will use it to pay workers' arrears. However, she can transfer the money to my own account cos I've registered mine.

Seriously, nothing de happen this na naija

71 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by asvpChuu(m): 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
Mtcheew... I was listening to dej loaf. cool

7 Likes

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Smooyis(m): 6:08pm On Oct 31, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:
Ha! It will be terrible o, it means she will lose everything to CBN and FG will use it to pay workers' arrears. However, she can transfer the money to my own account cos I've registered mine.

Please be serious can the BVN REGISTRATION be done after the deadline.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by 69MissedCalls(m): 6:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
broke people be like..

bronzegoddess:
My UBA acct can go to hell.

Smooyis:

check dictionary for meaning of deadline. if they can sue Mtn 5bn without remorse, blocking a mere Nigerian's account for not obeying the law shouldn't be a problem.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by omaniblog(m): 6:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nothing Will Actually Happen..

Customers who failed to do theirs will only be forced to do it when they want to make withdrawls

...BVN Will be done anytime

163 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by ogawisdom(m): 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
undecided I got my bvn thro my first bank acct, I hope dt covers my uba plc acct or wat am I expected to do tongue

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by macaranta(m): 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Jeromejnr(m): 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smooyis:

No! on existing accounts

And yes! on future accounts. (E.g When a young child wants to get his first account)
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Gboliwe: 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smooyis:

Ofcourse yes! It's a continuous process

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by bettercreature(m): 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:

Dunce! maybe na Central bank get the money or the owner committed crime
Nobody have the right,be it FG,CB or whomever to size any legitimate fund belonging to anybody,the only choice they have is to compel you to do it before you withdraw,nobody fit tell you otherwise

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Seunaj05(m): 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
We are in Nigeria. Oh yes! There will always be a way

2 Likes

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by LaRochelle(f): 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
There are four things that are likely to happen when the deadline expires:
1. CBN fines bank customers who haven't registered.
2. CBN fines banks who have customers that have not yet registered.
3. CBN extends the deadline.
4. Those who haven't registered might lose their money in their accounts.

Since this is Nigeria, I'm betting on either 1 or 3 in the ratio of 30:70. My predictions are usually correctsmiley.

7 Likes

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
Not too bad
For unserious Nigerians!
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by anytexy: 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nothing mega. They no fit try rubbish I tell you

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by nofij(m): 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
Buhari will happen.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by globatop: 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
How can such registration be deadlined, similar thing was said about sim registrations, are new lines not registered, new bank accounts will be opened and they will have to register.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Enesi47: 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
My father is head of I.T department that is in charge of BVN registration send me her account and account name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by badru007: 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
There are outlets outside d country where BVN Reg can be done, at least I can talk for UBA, but dunno for other banks... Talking about whether it can still be done, yes it can. accounts without it will probably be liened until BVN is linked to it.... So I think
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by anytexy: 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
LaRochelle:
Full stop . Case closed

4 Likes

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by suyamasta(m): 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
They can only press pause on the account and if u do the needful CBN will press play!

5 Likes

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Johniyke2flex(m): 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
Central bank can start from my Ecobank account. Went to my branch to link my BVN nd the customer service lady was forming something something. Had to tell her to shove the account down her ass.

11 Likes

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Opinedecandid(m): 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
Okay.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by rammytt(m): 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
Her money is safe.

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by d33types: 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
Your account will be temporarily inoperable pending registration for the bvn..
Op, your aunt's money is safe but withdrawals even via atm is impossible before registration.

4 Likes

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
Okay, lets be serious OP. Although I have done mine but you wrote the post like you are afraid and hopeless. Well, as a Warri boy, make I give you mind make your mind strong like pillar.

You see bro, the issue of BVN ending today or whatever na big story, na mumu go believe that kain thing. Shay you dey understand? If the money wey dey your sist. bank account nor fit flash mtn to mtn nor just bother to panic, just tell her to open new one. On the contrary, if her account is damn loaded and fat like rick ross belle or the money many like Nigeria problems just tell her to chillax. The deactivation package wey these banks dey talk about na just to make the bank account inactive. You dey feel me so, guy? So, if your sist. just wan collect her pepper back from her bank account she just need to provide some documents like the usual utility bill and valid id card only. Nor fear bro, we dey your back! If the banker nor wan give your sist. her money wey she work for, just holla me guy. Then the banker go tell me whether na hin work the money put for the account.

86 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by vikyno(m): 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
I don't see any serious implication other than freezing of the accounts till the owners shows up to prove their ownership .

Just my thought though
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by goodlifehyd(m): 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2015
badru007:
There are outlets outside d country where BVN Reg can be done, at least I can talk for UBA, but dunno for other banks... Talking about whether it can still be done, yes it can. accounts without it will probably be liened until BVN is linked to it.... So I think
Well registering outside the country comes with some fees and its not in all countries. But any customer can walk in there regardless of the bank account you operate

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by pretydiva(f): 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2015
Have no idea
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2015
Paulpaulpaul:

God will help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Four Anambra Brands That Will Take Over Nigeria Soon / Photos From Aliko Dangote's 60th Birthday Celebration / Ebeano Supermarket: CCTV Captures A Lady Turning On A Gas Cooker (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.