Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) (46993 Views)

Obanikoro At Aregbesola's 60th Birthday Jumat Service (Photos) / Peter Obi Walking Home On Lagos Bridge After Church Service (Photos) / Lst Of 29 Customs Officers Dismissed By Nigeria Customs Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by 4nobody4every1: 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
cool
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by Blackberrybabes: 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
This is not a patrol aircraft.

This is just an aircraft for the Oga at the top.

Patrol aircraft is supposed to be helicopter gunships that can land anywhere.
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by dustydee: 5:48pm On Oct 31, 2015
Reference:

I am not criticizing his use of a jet. I am criticizing his use of a 'patrol jet'. For while he is on tour the purpose for the bird is defeated and it annoying. As vexing as seeing patrol vans after the crooks are long gone. We are simply not a brilliant people and its not about this Comptro, the NCS or this government. It is a Nigerian malaise. If Obama was a Nigerian he would be flying the space shuttle round the world afterall he's the boss of bosses. Abeg leave us. We are like that. People are often bigger than the institutions they claim to serve.
You have a point, however, the patrol jets are not intended to use round the clock.
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by Franzinni: 5:48pm On Oct 31, 2015
kunzaar83:
bro this jet was bought 2012 under the supervision of Ngozi okojo iweala brand new, special order from CESSNA Air Company, I m a customs officer look @ my posts they are all about customs, and again in nigeria its only commercial air companies that use 2nd hand planes and its even less than 30% of the planes in Nigeria, all the presidential airplanes were bough brand new, all these business moguls do buy their jets brand new, its also impotant for u to know that the year an aircraft was produced doesn't really matter on its perfomance, what matters in a jets perfomance is purely maintainance...
you hit the nail squarely on its head and now it is as clear as a sunny day.... But still why jet for patrol? I mean is that the official purpose or a misconception on the part of the media...
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by IceDude(m): 5:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
I was expecting to see an helicopter
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by mazeltov(m): 5:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
This executive Aircraft for boader patrol? Lol. Nigeria which way. How can you be using an unarmmed aircraft to checkmate the activities of the insurgence in our boaders for God sake. Why is everything wrong about Nigeria
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by olutunde12(m): 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
Keneking:
This is great ...can they use to monitor activities at the borders?

Some people had reported that Col. Ali (rtd.) bought the jet for personal use. Why are they mischevious?

Well at least the dfficers will use tham to carry their girl friends on fridays.
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by aresa: 6:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
aminho:
hey i have a job for you maybe it will keep you occupied @op this is not the border patrol jet rather it is the executive transport bought by dikko inde

[img]http://1.bp..com/--WF-0xnkzZU/UEJWg3P4EjI/AAAAAAAAE1o/_uUI-K0PRd8/s1600/nigeria+custom+service+aircraft.jpg[/img]

The Nigeria Customs Service has accepted its new Cessna Citation CJ4 (5N-DIA) surveillance jet, which was ordered by the Federal Government in May 2012. The aircraft serves as a private jet for the NCS as the necessary surveillance equipment has not be installed yet. The Nigeria Customs Service also operates two Bell 427s

President Jonathan opens NAF Air Expo 2012

The five-day Nigerian Air Force Air Expo kicked off at Kaduna Airport yesterday. President Goodluck Jonathan opened the air and static show, which started with an aerial display involving several NAF aircraft.

The Federal Government announced it approved the acquisition of a N1.73 billion Cessna Citation CJ4 surveillance aircraft for the Nigeria Customs Service

NEMA rescue helicopters

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) utilises one of the Bell 427s recently acquired for the Nigeria Customs Service for the ongoing rescue operation in the flooded states. The seasonal floods in Nigeria due to excessive rainfall have been described as the worst in decades. NEMA owns an old Mil 17 for search and rescue operations, but the agency will soon receive a new Bell 429.

Customs gets aircraft

By dailytimes.com.ng - Sep 1, 2012

The Federal Government has purchased an aeroplane for the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) at a cost of N1.73 billion.

The purchase is part of a bid to boost the capacity of the agency in regards to curbing smuggling on the country’s border.

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, the Minister of Finance, who commissioned the new aircraft on Friday at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, said it would help the Customs Service to strengthen aerial surveillance of the various terrains along the country’s borders.

Okonjo-Iweala congratulated the Comptroller General of Customs, Abdullahi Dikko, on the acquisition of the aircraft and urged the agency to work harder in order achieve better results for the country.

“The aircraft is an investment for which the country expects good returns,” she said.

“The terrain around the country’s borders includes difficult-to-access riverine and mountainous areas, which make monitoring and combating of the activities of the borders challenging. Several customs personnel have lost their lives or sustained injuries during attacks by smugglers in recent times.”

The two engine 12-seater aircraft with registration number 5N-DIA,which can fly up to 45,000 ft in altitude, will be captained by Kuhi Mbaya.

Captain Mbaya disclosed that the plane is fitted with the state-of-the-art equipment and could fly long distances, revealing that he flew the plane from Kansas City, in the United States and refuelled in Spain, before arriving Abuja.

Dikko said the aircraft would be used for the benefit of the customs in enhancing its revenue collection and surveillance around the borders.
The ceremony was honoured by the deputy controllers general, air force chiefs and members of paramilitary organizations.

http://newsghana.com.gh/customs-gets-aircraft/

5N-DIA

The tail number on the plane is the same in the above article...

As detailed in the above article, the plane came loaded with all the necessary equipment needed for surveillance and monitoring.
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by loomer: 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
All the mumu wey dey say this na better development, I no know since when them dey use private jets to monitor activities for border o
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
Guy, we are confused. border patrol with high speed jet. where will it land, How will u use it to survey, How will u mount arms and equipment. Guys, we are in trouble. What happened to copters!
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by aresa: 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
loomer:
All the mumu wey dey say this na better development, I no know since when them dey use private jets to monitor activities for border o

Blackberrybabes:
This is not a patrol aircraft.

This is just an aircraft for the Oga at the top.

Patrol aircraft is supposed to be helicopter gunships that can land anywhere.

[img]http://www.casr.ca/ai-dash8-q200-special-mission-patrol-4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.casr.ca/ai-dash8-q200-special-mission-patrol-1.jpg[/img]

Illiteracy is a disease...
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by justmenoni: 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
[exactly my tor...airplane for patrol... Nawa ooo naso we see kekere marwa as police patrol..nothing wey person no go see or hear for this naija sha.

quote author=Kreamie post=39553032]A highspeed Jet for border patrol? Whatever happened to using Helicopters which can land anywhere? Nigeria has got it's priorities misplaced! In truth, this jet isn't meant for border patrol, it's meant for those luxurious travels for those comptrollers...What was used in procuring that jet would buy 3 good helicopters that would effectively carry out border patrol as well as border security; But then again, what do I know *eats popcorn*[/quote]
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by loomer: 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
aresa:

Oga, that na private jet, no fool ur self
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by likila: 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2015
aminho:
you are the dan iska d jet was bought by dikko inde as executive transport under gej

dan duri,
i do not care who bought the private jet.
why is the useless hammed alli flying around in it?
does he think he is dangote?

go and bury your face in a useless, hairy, smelly, yeeboe prostitute toto.
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by aresa: 6:32pm On Oct 31, 2015
loomer:

Oga, that na private jet, no fool ur self

Private means privately owned by an individual, but this jet belongs to the federal government, bought and paid for by the Nigerian public and taxpayers so it is not a private jet.

This is an operational aircraft bought and equipped to carry out official customs operations.

You ignorants really should get some education instead of spewing ignorant rubbish on the internet..
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by dabossman(m): 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
aresa:

It always amazes me how people rush to comment on issues they know little about. Thanks for the enlightenment jare.
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by aresa: 6:37pm On Oct 31, 2015
likila:

dan duri,
i do not care who bought the private jet.
why is the useless hammed alli flying around in it?

does he think he is dangote?

go and bury your face in a useless, hairy, smelly, yeeboe prostitute toto.

1. It is not a private jet, it is a government jet.

2. The man is a customs officer and he's free to shuttle around the country and conduct operations with his senior officers anytime, anyday. This is what we pay him to do and this is exactly what he's doing so what's your point? Sit in the office and enjoy A/C 24/7 like the useless clowns we just got rid off.?

You people really need to keep quiet sometimes...
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by loomer: 6:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
aresa:

Private means privately owned by an individual, but this jet belongs to the federal government, bought and paid for by the Nigerian public and taxpayers so it is not a private jet.

This is an operational aircraft bought and equipped to carry out official customs operations.

You ignorants really should get some education instead of spewing ignorant rubbish on the internet..

Y u dey vex, na ur papa get the plane? Or the thing change any part of ur life? You go just get blood pressure for no reason.
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by aresa: 6:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
[s]
loomer:

Y u dey vex, na ur papa get the plane? Or the thing change any part of ur life? You go just get blood pressure for no reason.
[/s]

Like i said, get some education and quit spewing ignorant rubbish on the internet.
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by loomer: 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Like i said, get some education and quit spewing ignorant rubbish on the internet.

Like I said, y u dey vex? The education u don get wetin u don use am achieve?

No let hypertension kill u for another man matter.
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by donodion(m): 6:52pm On Oct 31, 2015
Kreamie:
A highspeed Jet for border patrol? Whatever happened to using Helicopters which can land anywhere? Nigeria has got it's priorities misplaced! In truth, this jet isn't meant for border patrol, it's meant for those luxurious travels for those comptrollers...What was used in procuring that jet would buy 3 good helicopters that would effectively carry out border patrol as well as border security; But then again, what do I know *eats popcorn*

I bet the mone that was meant for helicopter purchase were diverted to personal accounts and the private jet was one of the proceeds.Remember theres big shakeup happening in Customs right through asset declaration...The thief is onl trying to cover his with this publiity stunt...
A property of Nigeria Customs yet no emblem or Logo to show it is...

Barawo shege....Baba Buhari....pls nab and jail everyone involve in this charade.

1 Like

Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by aresa: 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
[s]
loomer:

Like I said, y u dey vex? The education u don get wetin u don use am achieve?

No let hypertension kill u for another man matter.
[/s]

Educating you is not vexting and educating ignorants like you with my education is enough achievement so just take the education and move on..
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by shine96: 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
We voted for change. Wastage of limited public fund. He could ve used Arik.
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by aresa: 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
donodion:

I bet the mone that was meant for helicopter purchase were diverted to personal accounts and the private jet was one of the proceeds.Remember theres big shakeup happening in Customs right through asset declaration...The thief is onl trying to cover his with this publiity stunt...
A property of Nigeria Customs yet no emblem or Logo to show it is...

Barawo shege....Baba Buhari....pls nab and jail everyone involve in this charade.

You mean they diverted and stole money for helicopter and instead bought a jet with the stolen money, then turn around, paint the jet in government color and donated the jet to the government/Nigerian customs?

2 year old baby get sense pass you unintelligent jesters...
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by aresa: 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2015
shine96:
We voted for change. Wastage of limited public fund. He could ve used Arik.

Is arik equiped with customs surveillance and monitoring gadgets or able to conduct customs operations before or after dropping off passengers going to enugu, lagos abi kano?

Is it really by force not to use or apply any common sense when you people talk or post your rubbish?
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
This is a private jet na,smh for nigerians.the money wen dem use buy this jet go buy dem enough drones na. Oga wants to be truly ontop.
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by persius555(m): 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
Somebody tell me this is not true.
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by ighodalonosa(m): 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
Keneking:
This is great ...can they use to monitor activities at the borders?

Some people had reported that Col. Ali (rtd.) bought the jet for personal use. Why are they mischevious?
This is a private aircraft and not a border patrol aircraft. check very well and u will agree with me. i know military planes very well more than some airforce men. And point of correction, jets are not used for border patrol but helicopters. you only scramble in jets when there is a military incursion into your airspace.
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by aresa: 7:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
ighodalonosa:
This is a private aircraft and not a border patrol aircraft. check very well and u will agree with me. i know military planes very well more than some airforce men. And point of correction, jets are not used for border patrol but helicopters. you only scramble in jets when there is a military incursion into your airspace.

Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by iukpe: 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
You need an aircraft, from helicopter to larger prop aircraft equipped with all you need for surveillance and boarder patrol.
How low can the Learjet luxury mini plane fly in the first place? There are also several jet engined helicopters suitable for this purpose they fly faster, make easy maneuvers and can land anywhere.
Besides the comptroller is not the one to perform boarder patrols in traditional attire.

Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by oladcity(m): 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
that isn't the type of plane used for border patrol.
Re: The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) by mamaafrik(m): 7:46pm On Oct 31, 2015
C'mon nija!!,helicopter dat is 2 be used wont be bought; jet dat is supposed to be procured 4 nigeria school of aviatn or Airforce is now being used by customs;why did we lauch satelite for christ sake?;dis buhari self;and no moneyooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians / Ganduje, Akpabio, Others, Visit Governor Okorocha At People's House, Owerri / Nigerians React To Binani’s ‘Void’ Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.