Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! (32145 Views)

My Husband Not Talking To Me, Because I Gave A Man Wrong Number / ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ / I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by loiszandi(f): 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
Taah.........tell ur dad dat I said so. Parents can be very pathetic with the kinds of lie they always tell us. He has never failed, eya sorry then he needs to fail in order to learn.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:
Hey Nairalanders, your advice and kind words might help me to get through with this challenge I'm having.
I graduated from the university early this year, immediately after my graduation my alma mata embarked on a 5months strike. As a result of this, I moved to lagos to enroll in a fashion and design academy, with the hope that immediately after the strike, we'll get our result and go for NYSC. The going was good until I received my result with a spill. I had just a course to rewrite, I thought the school will wave it since it was just one course so I decided to work it out but that didn't work. This resulted with me been left out when some of my mates are already in camp now. The feeling is devastating.
Now, I'm back home to rewrite the course. My father is really angry with, he said I've brought shame upon him and myself and he'll never forgive me. According to him, he has never failed in his life so why would I? He's making it look as if he sent me to school and I just played with his money. I feel like a failure and disappointment. I don't know what to do...feel like running away cos this man is terrible!!
your father is a FOOLISH MAN and I mean it angry

Tell your father that you will report him to WOMAN right and see if he will not pee in his pant undecided

Why will a man THINK like a child, don't him know that circumstance do happen.

TELL HIM I SAID HE IS A FOOLISH MAN AND LESS THAN A MAN

2 Likes

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by SeverusSnape(m): 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
Romanciella:
He's just mean no offense
Hey!... Where have you been?
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by ZUBY77(m): 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
Marksule:
I think your dad is Upset, give him some time and try Pleading for forgiveness later

A man said he will never forgive her daughter and you Blockhead still think he was upset.

Do you really know the meaning of "think"?

1 Like

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by yomi007k(m): 5:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
Sweetheart, wetin dey pain d man na say u still dey on him payrole.

Him don calculate wetin him go use money do and also how him go upgrade u to d next level.

Forget abt all his yarns, we men sabi act one kind sometimes.

This same thing happened to a close relative, we all thought she was gona grad ds year so dt she no go dey on our payrole again. Only to hear say she got extra year, I remember dat day I was really DISAPPOINTED becos I was already thinking of the NEXT LEVEL for her.

.....Buh, its all gud sha
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
Everyone fails at something in their life at least once,we all had our bad moments. The thing that defines these situations is how you take it. Will you move on and learn? or you going to let it hold you down permanently.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by crackhouse(m): 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ur father has been waiting for u to go for service and get work then start bringing money to support the family but he was dissappointed that u cut his hope short. His hope will be completely lost when u finally finish ur service and refuse to land a job on time. He will surely turn to a suicide bomber. Just remember that i sell ceiling fan.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Annchizzy(f): 5:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
explain to him that u have a subject to re-write by next back u can go with them
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
You're an idiot for refering to your dad as "this man"!On the other hand,he's angry because he believed in you so much and you let him down.It's very normal.He'll forgive you when you make him realize failing a course does not really make you a failure.Though,he's wrong for the comparison.Meanwhile,were you among those co habbiting while in school?That must've lead to your failure.

1 Like

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
Jackeeh:
He has never failed in his life? Haha! What a laugh! Your dad must be a comedian.
TO PARENTS : before ur child becomes a graduate,a corps member,a doctor,a nurse,a lawyer,an engineer etc, he or she was/is first and foremost, YOUR CHILD! YOUR CHILD! Take away every other status and he or she still remains your child. Parents should learn how to support and encourage.
A little anger and disappointment is permitted. And then support and encouragement.
OP be calm. Ure still alive so there's hope. Study harder and u will surely scale through the next time. Then u will find favor in daddy's eyes again.
don't try to please that man. I'm sure that man will be beating her mother because he his so full of pride.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
You are just the opposite of your dad. He takes life serious, you don't. A typical father will be sad about his son's failure. Feel your father's pain.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by HitlerGaddafi: 5:08pm On Oct 31, 2015
Sweetyie:
Eeyah, OP I feel ur pains, sometimes wey my parents shout at me over irrelevant things, it hurts me. But I just get over it by visiting either the romance or literature section of nairaland
with this ur shape, ur parents go vex me if they shout at you again.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Phoenix001(m): 5:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
OP, don't let that troubles you. Believe in yourself and write your paper well to pass, you will later make him proud and he will admit
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ignore him totally my dear...else you'll go kill urself for nothing
Befitting:
Hey Nairalanders, your advice and kind words might help me to get through with this challenge I'm having.
I graduated from the university early this year, immediately after my graduation my alma mata embarked on a 5months strike. As a result of this, I moved to lagos to enroll in a fashion and design academy, with the hope that immediately after the strike, we'll get our result and go for NYSC. The going was good until I received my result with a spill. I had just a course to rewrite, I thought the school will wave it since it was just one course so I decided to work it out but that didn't work. This resulted with me been left out when some of my mates are already in camp now. The feeling is devastating.
Now, I'm back home to rewrite the course. My father is really angry with, he said I've brought shame upon him and myself and he'll never forgive me. According to him, he has never failed in his life so why would I? He's making it look as if he sent me to school and I just played with his money. I feel like a failure and disappointment. I don't know what to do...feel like running away cos this man is terrible!!
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Panzerfaust(m): 5:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:
Ignore the man. God will direct your path.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Franzinni: 5:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
My advice is to first be happy and that one you can get from nobody but you, now second try and finish the paper thingy,and once that is done you will have done what he wants as a father, because he is very valuable to your life even of you might not see ow now. Then follow YOUR DREAM!. Most people even some rich ones are merely existing they are not living because they are caught up in the rat race( I must be a big banker or doctor or lawyer even though they have no love for it)but if you have a dream and you follow it you will see how much lively you will be... Now I am speaking from personal experience and I am alive.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by agoman: 5:10pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:
i feel your pain.just us this period to improve yourself and dont let his words get to you
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by clemment(m): 5:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:

You can't undone d past but you can design the future for yourself, life goes on bro.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by fyneboi79(m): 5:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:
When u spend all ur time trying to be FTC,why won't u spill grin just kidding though. Work harder and impress ur dad next time grin
*And u are still jumping up dat ur topic made front page? Look at dis girl o!
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by sholay2011(m): 5:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
ggrin:
Scam alert!!!!!!!!!!He's not your real father angry
God have mercy. grin grin
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Panzerfaust(m): 5:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
Omotolu:
You are just the opposite of your dad. He takes life serious, you don't. A typical father will be sad about his son's failure. Feel your father's pain.
Failure? No wonder most Nigerian youths lack the sense to take initiatives for themselves.You people spend your entire lives living in the shadow of your parent's dreams. Then when you are 50 with a life full of regrets, you will be looking for someone to blame. It is only in Nigeria that a 20-something yr old will still be hovering around his parent's house waiting for thier input in every stage of life.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Ewuro4: 5:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
What service?
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
My father also told me he never failed in his life. Infact he was always the best. Chibuike's and Rotimi's fathers said the same thing....now your father too. My question is since all of them were the best....who come carry last? grin grin grin

Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something.
-Morihei Ueshiba
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:
I am yet to see a father that failed during his time in school. It is always first. maybe I will tell children the same thing NY dad told me too. op take heart. the fact that y are trying to learn something out acada speak so well of u
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by engrjacuzzi: 5:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
is your dad known? the way he just lied is obviously an issue to ponder on.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
Befitting:

Our parents are old school.

They plan our lives and never invite us to the discussion.

Go to school, pass and graduate, go for the much celebrated NYSC, get a job, get married and have kids. But guess what happen while we are busy making plans and assumptions, LIFE.

Does it matter when you graduate, or serve?

HELL NO.

Discover yourself and live your life. F.U.K your Dad! Sorry undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by oyetunder(m): 5:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
At the end of it all. Many fathers are actively destroying the destinies of their kids by unbriddled 'expectation'. It is good for fathers to have kids they want to be proud of, but at the same time, patience and understanding are needed during moments of 'challenges'... Such unbriddled demands and expectations have turned many kids to harlots sleeping with lectures by force just to pass, many are into robbery and drug peddling. Haba! Some fathers are still openly rejecting prospective 'guys' and 'babes' who their children brought home as future patners... All because they want either the son or daughter of Bill Gate...or better still a rich pilot or astronaut. Kai...
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Etizz: 5:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
Just like my dad..... I swear some dad are not encourageos at all, though I did well and graduated with no extention or issues of such, but, while I was on my O'Level, I wrote waec 2 times and he was just saying I am not serious, dat I don't know what am doing, dat people are passing very well in dat exam and I have failed twice, so annoying dat I felt I don't have a father dat understand what it takes, not d most brilliant make it,I have to hustle for money and enrolled it myself so weather I passed or not it's not his money, though he is a good father, but nor in dat aspects, now here I am, he can't remember all that,.... I advice u not to run away from home, u might run astray, just don't mind him as of now, greet him but don't laugh wit him, show him an attitude dat reads u are not happy with him,... Nor be to first go service or pass once, na how far u can go to get better..... Here I am, I am even better Dan those who first me finish school,.... U just have to make d life worth living.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
The fashion and designing school you went to shall never be in vain. You shall put and harness it to good use as far as Jehovah is still alive. It's not the end of the world. if you can just take a holiday somewhere to think things through. it always does help one out and by the way don't let your father's words get to you @ all.
Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Iyamar(f): 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
Jackeeh:
He has never failed in his life? Haha! What a laugh! Your dad must be a comedian.
TO PARENTS : before ur child becomes a graduate,a corps member,a doctor,a nurse,a lawyer,an engineer etc, he or she was/is first and foremost, YOUR CHILD! YOUR CHILD! Take away every other status and he or she still remains your child. Parents should learn how to support and encourage.
A little anger and disappointment is permitted. And then support and encouragement.
OP be calm. Ure still alive so there's hope. Study harder and u will surely scale through the next time. Then u will find favor in daddy's eyes again.
Nice answer

1 Like

Re: My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! by Iyamar(f): 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
Jackeeh:
Nice talk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Right For My Wife To Serve Her Brother Food Before Me In My Own House / Pastor Abuses, Impregnates And Abandons Woman Seeking Spiritual Help / Man Finally Reunites With Sister After 25-years Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.