Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:49 PM

Employer Or Applicant; Get In Here And Help Someone - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employer Or Applicant; Get In Here And Help Someone (487 Views)

Npower 2017 Pre-selected Applicant Who Has Done Physica Verification Successfuly / Dear 2017 pre-selected applicant, News and Updates on your physical verification / My Experience Today As An Applicant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Employer Or Applicant; Get In Here And Help Someone by Tom15: 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2015
Welcome!!! This thread should have been titled re-‘Agony of a recruiter/hr mgr’ but much had been said already, and I’m more concern about mending a problem.

Attention was drawn to the above named post by Gold45 yesterday 30/10/15, and the heat it generated from both sides of the coin (i.e. supporters and disputers of the point of views). By the way, holistically, I believe the Nigerian system as fledgling, which doesn’t translate to mean her academics products are nonentity nor nonequivalence to their counterparts abroad, but with considerable efforts from this our so-called companies amid other stakeholders, the problem is with a solution. Suffice me to remind you, that innumerable Nigerian trained brains are performing excellently in their various profession both home and abroad. Also, remember that lots of productive people today doesn't actually have a tertiary degree.

It is undeniable, the lackadaisical attitude of our youths to education this days (I could remember a guy in my university days claiming all he needs is a degree even though it’s fifth class he graduates with), and the infestation of corrupt practices right from secondary school (e.g. Miracle centers proliferation) to lecturers in the university, where those who has money or body to throw around has an edge in grades. Government too playing their own part with poor funding of the sector and inadequate policies to cater for its army of young people. All we are left to do is hope and pray the situation is reversed.

With my experience in Human Resource Management during my National Youth Service days, I understood why companies ask for years of experience and formulates stringent measures in recruiting, whereas, graduates employed then weren’t fit for the job description and had to voluntary resign or got sacked (This doesn’t still translate to term Nigerian graduates as unemployable, as I realized the ineptitude of the employer in the proper training and induction of this new employees). Then I understood the purpose of Graduate Trainee Programmes, which I consider a wiser and more economical option to hiring expatriates, and also a good way in fulfilling social responsibilities.

Finally; pardon the digression, now back to the topic.

It is not an easy job to wake up in the morning without a job (I hope you understand). It's never a wishful experience for both the youth and the parents, relative of the economic situation of the country and how this parents struggles to sponsor their child at the tertiary level.

I believe we can help one another, as most times we are deformed because we are not informed.

There is a whatsapp family of job seekers, join us if:
a. As an employer, you can groom us to be fit for your firm or provides us INFORMATION that will help increase our chances out there.
b. As an employee/applicant, you are privy to or have INFORMATION on job vacancies, which may not particularly apply to your needs, whilst you can easily share to assist others who are fit.

Come and be your brother’s keeper.
whatsapp only: for jobites to 07069412992
Thank you

cc. David470 , Uboma. your help needed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Distributors & Marketers Needed ? / Contact Us For Home Service /teaching Of Children/student With Special Need / Pls Help Your Brother .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.