Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,001 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones (31237 Views)

Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra / Wow...new Born Baby Boy Clothed With Biafra Attire During His Dedication / Danger!! Unclad Men Tattoo With Biafra Flags Appear In Aba Dare Soldiers-pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 01, 2015
I have keenly observed the current events that have led to the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu, the self-proclaimed leader of the Biafran movement. I have mixed reactions to the events that have transpired and have communicated my thoughts to the Nigerian Presidency. I will attempt elucidating my thoughts here.

1. I am of the opinion that the call for Biafra is legitimate: Firstly, Biafra existed before Nigeria was created. It was made up of people with similar cultures and language (with majority tribe being Igbo). It is perfectly legitimate for the original inhabitants of the country to yearn to have back their country and resources under their control. However, I do not believe that Biafra is a viable solution at this time.

2. During the Biafran war it is estimated that at least 1 million people of largely Igbo extraction were killed! This is no doubt in mind a genocide. However, the Nigerian government has made a fundamental mistake by:

a. Not recognizing it ever took place, or playing down the number of those that died for political reasons, only serve to fuel violence and the call for secession.
b. They have also made a major mistake by not even having a memorial day to remember those that died during the genocide - This action alone will give a sense of belonging and would foster a deepened National unity.

3. If the government does not look into the creation of a true federation whilst implementing its pseudo-federalism, and pretend that a genocide never took place, then the dissolution of Nigeria or even the metastasis of the Biafrian movement becomes inevitable.

4. Despite the premise I have laid out, I still do not think a Biafran state is viable. This is why

i. The Eastern Goverments are fundamentally corrupt; A visit to present day Imo and Abia will attest to the corruption and rot that have plagued the region. These leaders have all FAILED to develop the east with the resources given to them. If they had made the East the "dubai" of Nigeria, everyone including the international community would have taken the cry for Biafra serious. The argument would be if the "Biafran leaders" can develop their region with the "little" resources given them, it is only fair they secede and do even more for their people and their region. However, this is not the case. A Biafran state will only lead to another mini civil war, and a fight for resources and wealth among Biafrans.

ii. Since 1970 when the war ended the geo-political dynamics of the Biafran region has changed. For example the people of Rivers would not want to be part of a country where their individual tribes become a minority. Same will go to Akwa Ibom etc. This will then lead to a disintegration of the original Biafran state, and would lead to a battle for resource control.

iii. If the above happens, Biafra would essentially be a landlocked country, and this can lead to an invasion and fight of Rivers, in order to fight for port control, oil revenue etc. Igbos will definitely need the ports since most of them are international business men, and won't afford to pay regions like Rivers for all the billions of dollars of imports that takes place in the region.

In summary, an eventual Biafran state through a peaceful referendum will lead to a situation worse than South Sundan.

Way forward:

1. President Buhari MUST as a matter of urgency look into the white paper of the national conference and work assidiously with congress to make sure he implements true Federalism.

2. We must as a matter of urgency accept that at least 1 million Igbos where killed and establish a day to remember these precious lives that were gone. We must go a step further to make sure we teach this history to our kids, and not ban it from being tought in schools.

3. If the Federal government treat the Biafra issue with kids gloves, we may have something worse than Boko Haram in our hands.

4. Release Nnamdi Kanu immediately! Sit down with him and lay out your plans to resolve this issue. It would be a disservice to the Igbo people to compare the rise of Boko Haram with this present agitation, but history has thought us that as dynamic and complex Nigeria is, we MUST as a matter of urgency address the agitation of the Biafrans, before it metastasize to a problem bigger than Nigeria. A stitch in time saves nine!

Personally, I have shared these thoughts to my friend and brother Femi Adeshina with the hope that he would communicate this to P.M.B.

It is my hope that this does not destroy our country in our very eyes.

167 Likes 27 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by Vicotex(m): 2:30am On Nov 01, 2015
1st time you write something GOOD

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by Vicotex(m): 2:31am On Nov 01, 2015
Make i sleep jare, i go read am in d morning before mass. . Biafra cannot be stoped

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by LordMecuzy(m): 2:39am On Nov 01, 2015
cramjones writeup I think deserves front page....

Proudly Imo

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by belente(m): 3:41am On Nov 01, 2015
when it is time for any event to happen, no power on earth can stop it

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by dialfa: 3:53am On Nov 01, 2015
see this zoo man
instead of planning how to liberate your oduduwa from fulani occupation you wan get headache for another man matter and are providing advice to perpetuate the zoo
you dirty lot really love your zoo

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by Nature8(m): 4:02am On Nov 01, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by IPOB123london: 4:14am On Nov 01, 2015
The yorubas can cry as much as they want.
we dnt give a toss. Biafra is here.

Just read the write up. I shake my head. I reiterate the oduduwa with their useless attitude will be worse than the zoo

Listen to him. Sit down and talk to Nnamdi Kanu. Haha. I Keep saying this, just because we share the same skin colour does not replicate we are one people. We are Biafrans for heaven sake.

The fear of Biafra hahaha. We expect more of these useless writings in the coming weeks.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by Nobody: 4:14am On Nov 01, 2015
For the first time, I actually read one of this dude's topics. Nice write up by the way.

On development in the east: the new Abia state government is really picking up, give him a couple of years more. Massive construction is going on in that state right now. Only Imo is left behind because of okorohausa.

On sea port: I hope you know during the Biafra war, igbos used cargo planes to trade. They engineered planes to become heavy duty carriers Wch was used to trade. It was faster and somehow cheaper for to trade with. Biafra can easily refer to that pattern of trade once more.

On economy: Biafra is the current home of nigeria's largest indigenous companies. Although sales are still local, they can easily engineer there products to reach international standards like China..once they do that, they're unstoppable.

Southeast has the highest number of research facilities in the Nigeria. Eg; PRODA..this only means there is more growth to come

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by austinsmat(m): 4:24am On Nov 01, 2015
point of collection It is not 1 million but three million, more over is too late now we don't want true federation what we need now is nothing but Biafra. and don't bother about Nigeria remembering our lost hero when Biafra comes we will do it and don't compare us with Sudan and don't bother aftermath of the new nation,
I live in the north precisely Kano, I was there when Reinhard Bonnke riot broke out,reason why is because heal lame and blind peoples and at Kaduna and converted some Muslim and wanted to carryout the same in Kano.
But today nine indigenous IMO state Christian converted to Islam sultan sokoto and okoroacha give them millions of naira,do you hear any riot in Igbo land.
Something happen in far away Denmark causes riot here in Kano. Osama bin laden riot nko that happened in far away in middle east. and many more riot that takes peoples life. please we are not one and can't be one our ideology,upbringing, understanding differs.
culture nko and final one religion killed it.

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by Nobody: 5:08am On Nov 01, 2015
cramjones:

-CramJones

I like this old troll cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by Nobody: 5:22am On Nov 01, 2015
The op write up is so much flawed...

Whoever that believe this poo can deny his legitimate mother.

Biafra we love and cherish....
No going back to the zoo

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by KELVINXY: 5:25am On Nov 01, 2015
charix:

I like this old troll cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Gatsby is that u undecided

@ the topic
It's like some people are missing the Biafrans already. grin

5 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by mrjangaweed: 5:26am On Nov 01, 2015
C. J how far naa i need beer cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by PedroJP(m): 5:35am On Nov 01, 2015
Yea, what u said up there is manageable compared to our present system. A people oriented united Nigeria will favour all but 100 yrs and counting, that seems it can never be achieved otherwise there wouldn't be anything like 5 percenters, wailers, infidels,born to rule, baboons and monkeys etc. Mind u, these are classified along ethnic lines and not really political lines. Imagine a system/situation where a protest that will favour the masses will be classified an act by a tribe against a tribe, hence manipulation by the elites and they remain in power without correcting the issue having known they will always have their tribe backing them against others good or bad.

Cramjones, Nigeria needs to divide to wash away this system that favours the elites through manipulation of the masses who lack unifying factor unless Nigeria decentralises power to have each region rule themselves like it was back then.

Our leaders know what to do but doing it will give power to the masses while it prevents them from looting.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by Holyman3(m): 5:40am On Nov 01, 2015
Cowards are giving us advice on how to succeed as a nation.

Your gorilla OBJ frustrated this country for nearly a decade.
Where were you and your likes?

Use your time to write down how Yoruba will succeed when the Igbos leave your place.
I think you have more problems.

Jewish left Europe to Isreal after hundreds of years, it's only a matter of time.

You sit in Yoruba land and tell how Rivers and Akwa Ibom would reject Biafra. Gawd.

You talk of landlock as if River Niger can't be dredged.
Have you heard about the Panama Canal?

How many countries make use of it?

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by PedroJP(m): 5:46am On Nov 01, 2015
I doubt Kanu can ever negotiate on Biafra and ur points that Biafra will likely be in chaos and landlocked is a flawed one already. If it's time for Biafra, not even all the goodies a united Nigeria can bring which they refused to bring a 100 yrs now will stop Biafra.

33 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by PedroJP(m): 5:51am On Nov 01, 2015
Holyman3:
Cowards are giving us advice on how to succeed as a nation.

Your gorilla OBJ frustrated this country for nearly a decade.
Where were you and your likes?

Use your time to write down how Yoruba will succeed when the Igbos leave your place.
I think you have more problems.

Jewish left Europe to Isreal after hundreds of years, it's only a matter if time.

You sit in Yoruba land and tell how Rivers and Akwa Ibom would reject Biafra. Gawd.

You talk of landlock as if River Niger can't be dredged.
Have you heard about the Panama Canal?

How many countries make use of it?

Hold ur anger bro. When we see some of them who show little understanding of our agitation and the need to divide, we shouldn't attack, we enlighten and correct them.

Peaceful division of this country will favour all as we can always have each others interest protected with all sincerity.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by gists: 6:04am On Nov 01, 2015
I just don't get it when people play the victim card on the number of people that died in the inglorious civil war. I don't care about the number be it 500k, 1m, 3m or even 10m! Afterall, it was a war and the biafra soldiers were not saying the lords prayers - they were busy killing Nigerians too.

For some reasons, I took a public transport some weeks ago I heard some guys discussing (they were both ibos). One of them ask the other "how on earth do you fight with someone that feeds you?" According to him, although Awolowo was wrong for the so-called starvation policy, but should be commended for ending the war sooner because he (Awo) could have chosen to poison the foods and kill millions more instead of the blockade.

I never thought of it that way before but it rang through to me. You can't pick up a fight with your boss and later turn around complaining that he sacks you! His point was that the ibos started a war that they were not prepared for and now complaining of the consequence - fighting someone that feed you and later complain of not giving you food.

Having said that the truth is that everybody has a GOD given right to call for self-determination. BUT it must be through peaceful means. Otherwise history is notorious of having a way to repeat itself. A friend showed me a video on a questions and answer summit by some Igbo group with Mr Kanu. It was shocking to see how unprepaired the guy is as he couldn't give convincing answers to some of the questions asked.

Any group is free to ask for independence but it has to be peaceful without insult to others especially those who they think should follow them.

46 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by EzePromoe: 6:07am On Nov 01, 2015
[b]Who told you that the South East is underdeveloped? You guys don't know the actual meaning of development. Development is not by building roads or other infrastructures where its population are prevalently lazy by nature. For me, the South East is developed because of its Labour force and human resources which it supplies to the entire nation and still maintain a pace that can compete with what's obtainable in regions that are economically viable. The only indigenous Automobile industry Nigeria has is in the South East. With no federal government presence, the people of the South East have created the two of the largest markets in West Africa (Onitsha and Ariaria). That shows you that the Igbos are capitalist in nature and orientation. And again, need I remind you that Anambra is the only 3-city state in the country? WHAT YOU GUYS ALWAYS THINK IS THAT BECAUSE YOU SEE IGBO BUSINESSMEN IN YOUR HOMETOWN OR WHERE YOU LIVE, THEN IT EQUATES TO THE FACT THAT THE SOUTH EAST IS UNREDEEMABLY UNDERDEVELOPED. YOU SEE THE IGBO MAN IN YOUR COMPOUND AS SOMEONE COMING TO SEEK GREENER PASTURE, WHICH IS TOTALLY A VERY INCORRECT PERCEPTION. Many of you don't know the level of competition that exists in the South East. You will be marvelled at the vibrant business activity that goes on even in the remotest village in the South East. It's only normal that any sane man will migrate to a far away region where he thinks there are lesser competition and large purchasing power in order to do his business. Is Nigeria more developed than those Western or Asian countries that do businesses here? It's simple business strategy. It pains me that people can concoct garbage about Igbos in the comfort of their bedroom and publish it as fact, and the mentally lazy ones who can't make simple research will swallow it hook, line and sinker and relay the same garbage in an exaggerated manner, to his neighbour. Thank God I've been to the South East if not I will be making this kind of assumption.

About Biafra, I think the Government escalated this agitation by negligence and show of tyranny. As much as I love this country, I'm afraid that this agitation has gotten to its climax where it can't be negotiated. This is the bitter truth that fellow patriots like me won't come to terms with. The FG made this mistake with Boko Haram and look at where they are today. The FG are indirectly radicalizing this pro-Biafran agitators without knowing it. They think they are defending the nation's unity but they're wrong. What they're actually doing is grooming the hatred for Nigeria in the heart of young Igbo Nigerians (who are no longer seeing themselves as Nigerians by the way). This hatred if not curtailed now at its infancy will grow to an extent where it will go violent, and that is the last thing Nigeria needs now. Some Nigerians are so foolish to think that any uprising that starts in Igbo land will be felt only in Igbo land. Use Boko Haram as case study. Nigeria's economy is dwindling today because the government is spending what it hadn't intended to on procuring ammunitions to combat the terrorists and with oil prize dwindling, the coffers where these money are coming out from are not being replenished. And here again we have investors closing their investments due to poor economic planning by this administration.
The Nigerian government should just leave these Biafran activists alone. You can use the police to kill them and stop their protests but you can't use the police to take their agitation from their hearts. What use is it having citizens that hate their country with all their hearts?
[/b]

155 Likes 22 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by cocoduck: 6:15am On Nov 01, 2015
I thought that you only had hot air between your ears, now I know you have a brain, however, there is something you do not understand, there has never been any election in any state in the old eastern region, I mean all, except for Wike's River state, they were all selected by those at 10 downing street and aso rock to and they signed a document of loyalty before becoming anything, so if you understand what obasanjo said that some biafrans were settled after the genocide you will easily understand what I means. If buhari can do what you typed above I can bet with my last kobo,things will change, a lot of things will change, how ever they will never accept unless they FORCED to do so, that is why I regard Toye becarnista as a foolish fellow, you can never have that resource control until you force it out of their hands, it does not necessarily mean breaking up Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by Kestolovee95(f): 6:18am On Nov 01, 2015
When people sit down in oshogbo and say Biafra is landlocked, i laugh. What they are saying is that there are no Biafrans living close to the atlantic. Even when we all know that the white men enslaved and colonized Biafrans through the same atlantic. A dey laugh

24 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by mysteriousman(m): 6:22am On Nov 01, 2015
Ok
Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by cocoduck: 6:26am On Nov 01, 2015
gists:
I just don't get it when people play the victim card on the number of people that died in the inglorious civil war. I don't care about the number be it 500k, 1m, 3m or even 10m! Afterall, it was a war and the biafra soldiers were not saying the lords prayers - they were busy killing Nigerians too.

For some reasons, I took a public transport some weeks ago I heard some guys discussing (they were both ibos). One of them ask the other "how on earth do you fight with someone that feeds you?" According to him, although Awolowo was wrong for the so-called starvation policy, but should be commended for ending the war sooner because he (Awo) could have chosen to poison the foods and kill millions more instead of the blockade.

I never thought of it that way before but it rang through to me. You can't pick up a fight with your boss and later turn around complaining that he sacks you! His point was that the ibos started a war that they were not prepared for and now complaining of the consequence - fighting someone that feed you and later complain of not giving you food.

Having said that the truth is that everybody has a GOD given right to call for self-determination. BUT it must be through peaceful means. Otherwise history is notorious of having a way to repeat itself. A friend showed me a video on a questions and answer summit by some Igbo group with Mr Kanu. It was shocking to see how unprepaired the guy is as he couldn't give convincing answers to some of the questions asked.

Any group is free to ask for independence but it has to be peaceful without insult to others especially those who they think should follow them.
Nigerian education fills the mind of Nigerian youths with garbage, was Nigeria feeding Biafra, do you know what a blockade means? Awolowo brought that devilish and wicked idea and the British carried it out, that is why Bakassi is no longer part of Nigeria, go and do your home work.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 01, 2015
smiley
Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 01, 2015
The biafran people where massacred, raped and sodomized by the Nigerian forces. The government of Yakubu Gowon created an embargo and prevented food and essentials medicines from reaching the people of Biafra, thereby leading to the death of over a million people. Recall that the jews all over the world still remember the massacre of 6 million jews, but the Nigerian state have chosen to ignore such despicable genocide against the Biafran people. General Yakubu Gowon should be a war criminal facing trial at the ICC, but today he is being celebrated.

For those of you that have never experienced war, you will never know that peace is the greatest gift you can ever have. There is no Nairalanding or facebooking at the time of war, what you see is death, rape, disease and hunger! It is horrible! We must find a peaceful way of resolving the issue of Biafra. War is should never be an option.

-CramJones

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by dguyindcorner(m): 6:56am On Nov 01, 2015
IPOB123london:
The yorubas can cry as much as they want.
we dnt give a toss. Biafra is here.

Just read the write up. I shake my head. I reiterate the oduduwa with their useless attitude will be worse than the zoo

Listen to him. Sit down and talk to Nnamdi Kanu. Haha. I Keep saying this, just because we share the same skin colour does not replicate we are one people. We are Biafrans for heaven sake.

The fear of Biafra hahaha. We expect more of these useless writings in the coming weeks.

Here u go again, you Igbos are way too proud. Pls for crying out loud, allow these people go.

PRIDE GOES BEFORE A FALL

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by khassy(m): 6:59am On Nov 01, 2015
cramjones:
I have keenly observed the current events that have led to the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu, the self-proclaimed leader of the Biafran movement. I have mixed reactions to the events that have transpired and have communicated my thoughts to the Nigerian Presidency. I will attempt elucidating my thoughts here.

1. I am of the opinion that the call for Biafra is legitimate: Firstly, Biafra existed before Nigeria was created. It was made up of people with similar cultures and language (with majority tribe being Igbo). It is perfectly legitimate for the original inhabitants of the country to yearn to have back their country and resources under their control. However, I do not believe that Biafra is a viable solution at this time.

2. During the Biafran war it is estimated that at least 1 million people of largely Igbo extraction were killed! This is no doubt in mind a genocide. However, the Nigerian government has made a fundamental mistake by:

a. Not recognizing it ever took place, or playing down the number of those that died for political reasons, only serve to fuel violence and the call for secession.
b. They have also made a major mistake by not even having a memorial day to remember those that died during the genocide - This action alone will give a sense of belonging and would foster a deepened National unity.

3. If the government does not look into the creation of a true federation whilst implementing its pseudo-federalism, and pretend that a genocide never took place, then the dissolution of Nigeria or even the metastasis of the Biafrian movement becomes inevitable.

4. Despite the premise I have laid out, I still do not think a Biafran state is viable. This is why

i. The Eastern Goverments are fundamentally corrupt; A visit to present day Imo and Abia will attest to the corruption and rot that have plagued the region. These leaders have all FAILED to develop the east with the resources given to them. If they had made the East the "dubai" of Nigeria, everyone including the international community would have taken the cry for Biafra serious. The argument would be if the "Biafran leaders" can develop their region with the "little" resources given them, it is only fair they secede and do even more for their people and their region. However, this is not the case. A Biafran state will only lead to another mini civil war, and a fight for resources and wealth among Biafrans.

ii. Since 1970 when the war ended the geo-political dynamics of the Biafran region has changed. For example the people of Rivers would not want to be part of a country where their individual tribes become a minority. Same will go to Akwa Ibom etc. This will then lead to a disintegration of the original Biafran state, and would lead to a battle for resource control.

iii. If the above happens, Biafra would essentially be a landlocked country, and this can lead to an invasion and fight of Rivers, in order to fight for port control, oil revenue etc. Igbos will definitely need the ports since most of them are international business men, and won't afford to pay regions like Rivers for all the billions of dollars of imports that takes place in the region.

In summary, an eventual Biafran state through a peaceful referendum will lead to a situation worse than South Sundan.

Way forward:

1. President Buhari MUST as a matter of urgency look into the white paper of the national conference and work assidiously with congress to make sure he implements true Federalism.

2. We must as a matter of urgency accept that at least 1 million Igbos where killed and establish a day to remember these precious lives that were gone. We must go a step further to make sure we teach this history to our kids, and not ban it from being tought in schools.

3. If the Federal government treat the Biafra issue with kids gloves, we may have something worse than Boko Haram in our hands.

4. Release Nnamdi Kanu immediately! Sit down with him and lay out your plans to resolve this issue. It would be a disservice to the Igbo people to compare the rise of Boko Haram with this present agitation, but history has thought us that as dynamic and complex Nigeria is, we MUST as a matter of urgency address the agitation of the Biafrans, before it metastasize to a problem bigger than Nigeria. A stitch in time saves nine!

Personally, I have shared these thougths to my friend and brother Femi Adeshina with the hope that he would communicate this to P.M.B.

It is my hope that this does not destroy our country in our very eyes.

-CramJones

CC: Ishilove, lalasticalal, Obinoscopy

NEVER FORCE PEOPLE TO DO YPUR BIDDING

IF DEM NO WANT NIGERIA.. GIVE THEM THEIR BIAFRA EVEN IF ITS FOR A YEAR ...

IF IT DOESN'T WORK OUT THEN COLLECT IT BACK... UNTIL THEN... STOP BEING A BULLY undecidedundecided

24 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by lmm4real: 7:06am On Nov 01, 2015
Mode please don't move this to front page. I sincerely think no tribal post should be granted the honour of gracing the front page again, regardless of whom they come from. Including this one one from cramjones. undecided

And finally it made front page. I think the mods of NairaLand are part of the PROBLEMS we have in this country.

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by gists: 7:08am On Nov 01, 2015
The US nuked Japan. So the US is evil right? Wrong!!
The alternative was for US to send foot soldiers to Japan and the casualties of the nuclear bomb would have been child's play.
Yes its true alot of atrocities were conducted by the Nigerian army. But so did the Biafran army too! What on earth were the Biafran army doing in Oore on their way to Lagos? Are those places (Ore and Lagos) part of Biafran land? Were the Biafran soldiers planting flowers along the way before they were stopped?
This is not a time to be politically correct. Truth should be told. Yes alot of very bad atrocities were committed - by both sides. No I do not support those atrocities. But no body should try to rewrite history as if the Biafran soldiers where singing the holy hymns. Nobdy seem to be expressing empathy for the people of Mid west that were killed by Biafrans.

Biafra should just ask for independence peacefully and respectfully and let hear word.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 01, 2015
Attention: Nigeria is one, It's high time the igbos realise the fact that we are an indivisible sovereign state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by cocoduck: 7:20am On Nov 01, 2015
Phinity318:
Attention: Nigeria is one, It's high time the igbos realise the fact that we are an indivisible sovereign state.
ostrich bury your head in the sand

33 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Protest In Biu Over Ndume's Suspension By The Senate (Photos) / $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria / Fashola Inspects Ongoing Construction Of Oyo-ogbomosho Expressway(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.