Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,845 members, 7,806,389 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World (3498 Views)

Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World (photos) / 10 Animals That Don’t Look Dangerous But Are Actually Deadly / 25 Most Dangerous Roads In The World [+pictures] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by umehmj(m): 8:33am On Nov 01, 2015
when you’re out hiking or swimming in nature, what creatures do you dread encountering?
Many of us automatically think of creatures with gnashing teeth or razor sharp claws. Animals like lions, tigers, jaguars, sharks, and grizzly bears inspire plenty of fear. Many of the deadliest animals in the world however are quite small and sometimes even innocuous looking. Let’s take a look at the top 10 dangerous animals you should avoid (large and small).
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by umehmj(m): 8:35am On Nov 01, 2015
1) THE JELLY FISH
There are a number of species of box jellyfish, but they are all quite dangerous. The sea wasp box jellyfish is perhaps the most deadly variety. This translucent sea- dweller may not look all that menacing, but it is the most venomous animal on planet Earth. Box jellyfish are deadly to many different animals, not the least of all, us. If you get stung by one of these animals, you are very likely to die. Even if you do not, you will be in tremendous pain for some time afterward.

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by Quadre: 8:36am On Nov 01, 2015
Ok
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by umehmj(m): 8:36am On Nov 01, 2015
2) CONE SNAIL
Another ocean dweller to be wary of is the cone snail. It may not look like much, and you may easily mistake it for any other snail on the beach, but it is extremely deadly. Just one drop of its venom can kill twenty human adults. There is no antivenin, which means that if you are stung, you will almost certainly be dead within minutes.

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 01, 2015
Man,
man is one of the most dangerous,deadly and heartless animalsadsadsad

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by umehmj(m): 8:38am On Nov 01, 2015
3) BLACK MAMBA
This snake may look less fearsome than the hooded cobra, but it is arguably more dangerous. It can strike very quickly and can also chase its victims at an incredible speed. It chooses to do this quite often without any provocation whatsoever.

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by umehmj(m): 8:39am On Nov 01, 2015
4) CAPE BUFFALO
This is a particularly aggressive inhabitant of the African grasslands. Cape buffalo have been known to charge victims without provocation, rather like the black mamba. While they are obviously not venomous, they do have an asset the mamba does not—2,000 pounds of weight and the ability to charge at 40 miles an hour. These creatures will continue charging even if they are shot in the heart, and have no reservations about charging vehicles. They’ve also been known to attack predators like lions.

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by umehmj(m): 8:41am On Nov 01, 2015
5) SIAFU ANTS
These ants are also known as driver ants. They come in swarms of up to 50,000,000, and will react as if they are a single entity if even one driver ant is in danger. Crush one of these little critters underfoot while you are out on a walk and you will regret it as the other 50 million come swarming after you. The ones that latch on will be very hard to remove. Their jaws will remain clamped into your flesh even if you tear their bodies in half. While they may not be the most deadly critters on this list, they are certainly impressively dangerous for their size. They routinely take down and kill much larger things. Look up “ant attack” and you will find many photos of this phenomenon.

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by umehmj(m): 8:42am On Nov 01, 2015
6) DEATHSTALKER SCORPION
This diminutive scorpion may not look all that impressive, but it is responsible for roughly three fourths of all deaths resulting from scorpions every year. Children are particularly susceptible to these bites and are more likely to die from them than adults. The bite is very painful, so even if you survive, you may wish you hadn’t for a while.

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by umehmj(m): 8:44am On Nov 01, 2015
7) PUFFER FISH
This is one of the most deadly animals inhabiting the ocean. They are deceptively cute, but quite dangerous. When threatened, they puff out their protruding spines. The venom from their spines can paralyze you, causing you to stop breathing, resulting in death. For that matter, if you eat improperly prepared puffer fish, you can also die

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by umehmj(m): 8:45am On Nov 01, 2015
cool HYENA
The hyena is generally a scavenger, but it can also hunt prey if it wants to. During times of high human death toll (war, for example), it can develop a taste for human flesh. If corpses are not plentiful enough, it has been known to take to hunting, and will deliberately pursue human quarry to satisfy its hunger.

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by umehmj(m): 8:46am On Nov 01, 2015
9) STONE FISH
These fish are dangerous not only because they are the most venomous fish on the planet, but also because they are incredibly fast and also very hard to see. They are camouflaged naturally to blend in with the ocean floor. While they are only aggressive toward their prey, it is easy to make the mistake of stepping on one. The venom from the spines can cost you a limb or even kill you.

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by umehmj(m): 8:48am On Nov 01, 2015
10) HUMANS
Human beings may not stand to win in a fair fight against most of these species, but thanks to our ingenuity, we have learned how to arm ourselves with weapons and tools which have placed us at the top of the food chain (at least for the time being). We also get extra points on the deadly scale for our aggression, not only toward other animals, but toward each other. The scale to which we take our destruction is unique. No other animal starts worldwide wars or blasts whole regions of the earth into total ruin with nuclear weapons. Without a doubt, the most dangerous animal in the world is the face you see in the mirror each day. Nonetheless, caught off our guard, it is easy for any of the animals on this list to overcome us. All it takes is one misstep on the sea floor, or a really angry buffalo. These animals all have some kind of physical advantage over us, whether it is strength, speed, or venom. Humans have developed quite a reputation though, which is why most of these animals will avoid us (only a couple of the animals on this list are actively aggressive). Most deadly animals will avoid you when you are out on a walk or going for a swim. All of these dangerous animals deserve your respect though, so always be careful and watch your step when you are out in the wild.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by pyyxxaro: 9:00am On Nov 01, 2015
Rotimi Amaechi is also dangerous tongue
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by Khd95(m): 9:00am On Nov 01, 2015
My own list

1 brown/polar bear...very aggresive nd powerful,wit sharp jaws nd powerful paws.

2 lion...u all no d details

3 elephants...they are not known to b aggressive,jst few of its kind ususaly turn d tides againts humans,nd any threats in theri paths(note:they are more powerful in numbers).

4bufallos....i swear i love these animals,they are coperative,they nevr leave a man behind,re-inforcement is always at hand.there power is in their wide fearsome,nd very strong horns.

5 rhinos....dis beasts weight more dan 5bufallos put togeda,such weight is devastating...

6 girrafes...they are calm,cool nd collected,they are no threat to any animal in d kingdom,but when attacked,it b aggresive nd powerful.the hindlimbs of dis awkward looking animal carries a punch,dnt joke wit it.

Note:my list is based on bodily power,not instinct or otherwise.

#Hnm
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by umehmj(m): 9:25am On Nov 01, 2015
pyyxxaro:
Rotimi Amaechi is also dangerous tongue

lol
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by don33310(m): 9:33am On Nov 01, 2015
umehmj:
10) HUMANS

Human beings may not stand to win in a fair
fight against most of these species, but
thanks to our ingenuity, we have learned how
to arm ourselves with weapons and tools
which have placed us at the top of the food
chain (at least for the time being). We also
get extra points on the deadly scale for our
aggression, not only toward other animals,
but toward each other. The scale to which
we take our destruction is unique. No other
animal starts worldwide wars or blasts whole
regions of the earth into total ruin with
nuclear weapons. Without a doubt, the most
dangerous animal in the world is the face you
see in the mirror each day.
Nonetheless, caught off our guard, it is easy
for any of the animals on this list to
overcome us. All it takes is one misstep on
the sea floor, or a really angry buffalo. These
animals all have some kind of physical
advantage over us, whether it is strength,
speed, or venom. Humans have developed
quite a reputation though, which is why most
of these animals will avoid us (only a couple
of the animals on this list are actively
aggressive). Most deadly animals will avoid
you when you are out on a walk or going for
a swim. All of these dangerous animals
deserve your respect though, so always be
careful and watch your step when you are
out in the wild.
Thanks,that stone fish sha
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by Lilyomi(f): 9:40am On Nov 01, 2015
The black mamba is a psychotic snake! Likely schizophrenia....
The cape watever needs not be trained to take drugs to calm down or chase corrupt polithiefians
I watched a video on da jelly fishes.... They are so poisonus.
No wonder the hyena is ugly. Sorry is God's creature tho.
Man is the problem of nature. If man shd be extinct, nature will repair itself.
Such threads I love.
I left my former place sake of those ants! I had to store everytthing in the fridge. Even if a grain falls, they wud troop in. They loved palm oil, infact anything food! I cud not cope. I was told they hate fire but I was using gas stove.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Animals In The World by umehmj(m): 10:08am On Nov 01, 2015
Lilyomi:

I left my former place sake of those ants! I had to store everytthing in the fridge. Even if a grain falls, they wud troop in. They loved palm oil, infact anything food! I cud not cope. I was told they hate fire but I was using gas stove.

those ants invaded my lodge one night when i was in school. we practically vacated the building that night and didn't return until fumigators got rid of them.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Up To N2000 Daily For Free With Scooper News App / Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv / Ndlea Test: Share Ur Experiences Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.