Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

666 VS BVN: Another Clash Between Science And Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 666 VS BVN: Another Clash Between Science And Religion (890 Views)

Laurie Idahosa Wants Her '666' Number Of Instagram Followers Changed (Photos) / What Is The Meaning Of 666? / "666" Encrusted On My Blender: Should I Be Worried About This? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

666 VS BVN: Another Clash Between Science And Religion by Tobilexy: 12:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
666 Versus BVN (Bank Verification Number) One cannot defiantly flout the recent correlation that is being drawn between the Nigerian Banking system and eschatological mark of the Beast 666. The Central Bank of Nigeria’s directives that every account holder should get a bank verification number is surprisingly raising an alarm to some socio-religious commentators who are chirping their opinions that it might in some ways be connected to the biblical mark of the Beast. With much interest, I quickly harvested their points even though I could not credit it logically. Retracing my similar research on Obama’s RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) saga, I could not but murmur the statement “these people have started again” Little wonder Nigerians are regarded as notoriously and vigorously religious. BVN according to CBN is a technical advancement that will enable effective banking and monitoring, due to the biometrical database, how this has got to do with 666 is what has left me in the pool of skepticism. One should be slow in crucifying the spurious speculators because they have a point by claiming it is connected to one’s account and ability to buy and sell, just as it is enshrined in the bible as in the case of 666. However it is should be reiterated that the BVN number is not to be emblazoned on anybody’s forehead or hand, neither is it forced by any dictator. The logicality that it is a sign of end times is also equivocal, although it is agreeable that BVN is a delicate sinister tool for any dictatorship ruler, envisaged as the anti-Christ, who can easily manipulate total control through this medium. Caution should be exercised not to tag the CBN governor Mr. Godwin Emefiele as the Anti-Christ because he is not even close to the clues of Revelation 13, whereas Obama’s case still lingers in mind. It should be noted that the Anti-Christ will be a world ruler not an appointed terminal leader. Taking cognizance of the symbiotic nexus between science and religion, i.e fact and faith, I have philosophically noted that it is amazing that Faith proves facts either right or wrong. What am I saying? Take for example, it is factual that one’s mobile phone can call someone far away when a dial is made, but it takes faith to believe that the number will go through without network hindrance, however you must follow the dial procedure. If the number goes through, faith has proven fact right, if it doesn’t faith has proven the fact wrong. Take note that faith doesn’t mean one should shake the phone and expect a call to be made, but rather to make a dial in order to make a call. In other words, faith should be channeled in line with facts, whatever the outcome may be. In the same manner, Eschatological faith should be channeled in line with the religious facts contained in the book of Revelations and not mere myopic reasoning. Well, as the case stands, a stage has been set for another clash between science and religion, Perhaps your personal philosophy should be the referee here. Dr. Zak (The Incurable Optimist)
Re: 666 VS BVN: Another Clash Between Science And Religion by animalscientist(m): 12:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
FTC
Re: 666 VS BVN: Another Clash Between Science And Religion by chrisifeanyi: 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
in case
Re: 666 VS BVN: Another Clash Between Science And Religion by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
Lots of Christians have their biometric/DNA stored by the government and yet they claim they will never get 666. Too bad,if you have a phone,international passport,you already have mark 666

In the UK if you don't have a National Insurance number you cannot get a job,well unless you are an illegal immigrant,which of course you can't wait to get yourself one.

1 Like

Re: 666 VS BVN: Another Clash Between Science And Religion by Tobilexy: 10:48pm On Nov 01, 2015
ifeness:
Lots of Christians have their biometric/DNA stored by the government and yet they claim they will never get 666. Too bad,if you have a phone,international passport,you already have mark 666

In the UK if you don't have a National Insurance number you cannot get a job,well unless you are an illegal immigrant,which of course you can't wait to get yourself one.

can imagine!
Re: 666 VS BVN: Another Clash Between Science And Religion by PRINCESSO2: 11:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
Listen you need to speak the word of God whenever Satan tempts you
Psalm 199:11-Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

John17:17-Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Hebrews 4:

12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are Unclad and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do

What did Jesus do when he went into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
He spoke the word of God.
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
The Word of God can help us stop sinning.

Romans 6:23-23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 Corinthians 10: 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
I too struggled with sexual immorality until one day the temptation came and I think I said (I must have received help from the Lord)- THE SEXUALLY IMMORAL SHALL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD
The temptation eased up. And i thought the word of God can help the homosexuals or other sinners too.They can say when tempted

1 Corinthians 6-9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God when temptation comes,you need the word of God.

For pride-James 4:6But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Also-
Matthew 23:12-
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

For fear-2 Timothy 1- 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

For Sexual immorality -18Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

And for those who feel guilty -
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Christ is coming.and he comes for a pure church.
Ephesians 5-
25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Romans 8-
13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

So,how do we resist temptation-
James 4-7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.

1 Like

Re: 666 VS BVN: Another Clash Between Science And Religion by fridayj(m): 6:52am On Nov 02, 2015
i agree with u. but faith an fact have notin in common..to hav a clear knowledge of hw signal travels iwil state signal is microwave radiation dat travel at d speed of light (dat about 186,000 miles per second) u no dis wil marvel u hw somone call by dialing number...job 38:35 hav mistery behind...

1 Like

Re: 666 VS BVN: Another Clash Between Science And Religion by Tobilexy: 9:32am On Nov 02, 2015
[quote author=fridayj post=39597835]i agree with u. but faith an fact have notin in common..to hav a clear knowledge of hw signal travels iwil state signal is microwave radiation dat travel at d speed of light (dat about 186,000 miles per second) u no dis wil marvel u hw somone call by dialing number...job 38:35 hav mistery behind...[/quote

religion as to do with faith while science is based on fact.
Re: 666 VS BVN: Another Clash Between Science And Religion by fridayj(m): 3:22am On Nov 08, 2015
[/quote]
i agreed wit u. but. better stil to say facts is bt a fragment of what faith contains...do u want me to prove..

(1) (Reply)

Deeper Life at it Again??? / Set Your Focus On Eternity - Pastor Chris / bbhhh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.