Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:56 PM

Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! (37463 Views)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / This Is Highly Sacrilegious!!!(pics) See What A Young Lady Did With The Bible! / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by lovinam: 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
I'm surprised that such an advice will come from you a pastor!! You should have being swept out of the church. You can't serve two masters. Its either you are for God or for tradition. Why u no marry am ? Mchew
Freegift75:

I don't want to open the door of temptation to my junior brother's wife by letting her wailing all about. It could be the beginning of waywardness

2 Likes

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by ybalogs(m): 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Marriage with a fresh bride price or marriage by consent? Either ways, as a man of God, cajoling your brother to go into the marriage is wrong. Jempe meji obinrin kosi as you know sir.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by sammylay: 10:44pm On Nov 01, 2015
Your offence is that u are a foolish man not pastor.

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by 9ja083: 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2015
I know u are trying to protect ur sister-in-law. To b honest with u, u gave them a wrong advice. U would have encouraged her with d word of d Lord. If she (ur sister In-law) decide not to remarry because of her children then so b it. She will definitely b faithful remember when a woman decides to keep to her body holy she will see to that. Then help her with something to keep her busy maybe a business or stuff like that. The word of God will surely guide her.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by vhatpweetygurl(f): 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2015
I like ur church wish we cud have more churches like that, were truth is supreme.The woman tried to stop at the church my advice is that she should go to ur place of work twitter facebook nd everyother means to broadcast u nd urbabaric intention.How is one sure you nd d. Widow dnt hav a hand in her hussy death so as to cover d relationship btw both of you.Or y didn't u marry her?Mopol stand near u say mk u no marry her ni coming to nairaland too wail dt somone has only a kid.Can u create a kite dt children use to play mtcheeew

3 Likes

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by kinibigdeal(m): 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2015
I seriously don't understand people nowadays, before you engage in your "Anti-christian" advice did you open a thread to ask Nairalanders of their opinion? Now that the deed is done, you are now asking Nairalander's to do what, condemn the church for your act? As a pastor (as claimed) why not seek wisdom from the holyspirit than your fleshy thought? Are you really a pastor? This is why nowadays, salvation is lost in the church.

2 Likes

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by MuttleyLaff: 10:48pm On Nov 01, 2015
freecocoa:
Since when is polygamy a sin?
Whatever misses the mark is sin
Adam had one rib taken out for an only
not two ribs or more taken out for a poly
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Bigcake: 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2015
Freegift75:
This is a true life story

My immediate siblings are twin brothers, same mother and father. November 5, they will mark their 39yrs of age. Taiwo and Kehinde happily married and lived comfortably.

Taiwo married a banker while Kehinde married University non-academic staff. They are both devoted christians and they both live in same town.

About a year ago, we lost Taiwo in a fatal accident and left a surviving wife as widow and three kids. Six months later, as their senior brother and the breadwinner of the whole family, I summoned Kehinde to re-marry Taiwo's wife to continue playing the role of husband.

Kehinde and Taiwo's wife agreed to marry each other but Kehinde's wife kicked against the union. Kehinde only has one child and since 8yrs now nothing more.

Kehinde's wife got provoked, lashed me with demeaning words and thereby reported me to our Church senior pastor at the headquarters and I was demoted for involving in sacrilegious belief.

It's a shock today again to have received a letter from the headquarters that I'm no more needed as pastor in their ministry due to this same issue.

This is a ministry that I had spent a lot towards its growth. The land our branch was built on was bought by me alone.

Now, what is my offence?
Bros, the fact is that the spirit of God was never in you. How can a Pastor create such hatred amongst family members and expect a pat on the back from the Church? Children only come from God: That Kehinde's wife had only one child is not good enough reason for you to fashion the idea of ancient marital practices: By so doing, you only succeded in creating animosity in the once loving family: you deserve what you gat:

5 Likes

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by profb: 10:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
Did you buy the land for the church or for God?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by donphilopus: 10:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
himkers:

APC member spotted. Only APC members use such words. And as a PDP member, I ain't giving you any advise

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Guy you no just well. .Wetin consign politics with wetin dey on ground nw?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by clek: 10:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
Where you went wrong is giving your late brothers wife to your married brother.
If you think it was ok, why didn't you marry her?

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by freecocoa(f): 10:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Whatever misses the mark is sin
Adam had one rib taken out for an only
not two ribs or more taken out for a poly
Aren't you funny? Who made you judge of the supposed mark? especially when your God has no qualms with the matter. cheesy
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 01, 2015
OP is a very baaadt pastor grin
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by tinziemaine(m): 10:54pm On Nov 01, 2015
Where you ordained from the old testment I want to know ?before I give you an advice .
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by MsGlobalwonder(f): 10:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
Freegift75:

I don't want to open the door of temptation to my junior brother's wife by letting her wailing all about. It could be the beginning of waywardness
loool. Is it your waywardness? Her contract with ur late bro( God rest his soul) is till death! You do not have any say about her life again. Arghhhh! She can remarry and live again. Wth!!

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by MsGlobalwonder(f): 10:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
delishpot:

So you guys want to rotate her in the family? Chei, women dey surffer sha o. Abi are we still in 1000BC?
I just weak. The Taiwo too happily agreed! Free kitty cat. Chei... angry

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 01, 2015
Freegift75:

My immediate siblings are twin brothers, same mother and father. November 5, they will mark their 39yrs of age. Taiwo and Kehinde happily married and lived comfortably.

Taiwo married a banker while Kehinde married University non-academic staff. They are both devoted christians and they both live in same town.

About a year ago, we lost Taiwo in a fatal accident and left a surviving wife as widow and three kids. Six months later, as their senior brother and the breadwinner of the whole family, I summoned Kehinde to re-marry Taiwo's wife to continue playing the role of husband.

Kehinde and Taiwo's wife agreed to marry each other but Kehinde's wife kicked against the union. Kehinde only has one child and since 8yrs now nothing more.

Kehinde's wife got provoked, lashed me with demeaning words and thereby reported me to our Church senior pastor at the headquarters and I was demoted for involving in sacrilegious belief.

It's a shock today again to have received a letter from the headquarters that I'm no more needed as pastor in their ministry due to this same issue.

This is a ministry that I had spent a lot towards its growth. The land our branch was built on was bought by me alone.

Now, what is my offence?
you, the church and kehinde are all 419ers undecided

You surpose to know that thing is wrong. Since you claim to be a Christian and a PASTOR for that matter!

Kehinde is a FOOLISH man! Because his d1ck is hungering him. That's is very wrong to married your late brother's wife.

The church for that matter surpose to have know that you are a 419er pastoring that church

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by MsGlobalwonder(f): 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
hardywaltz:
For me i think the advice is in other.
Kehinde's wife was just been inconsiderate
huh? Inconsiderate you said? shocked shocked wonderment!

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by MsGlobalwonder(f): 11:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
himkers:

That is Yoruba tradition grin
no please. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by kingk(m): 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
Now, what is my offence?

Sir, have you ask God this same question?

As a pastor that you are, who do you want an answer from? God or nairaland.

Sir, pls check yourself again.

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by MsGlobalwonder(f): 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2015
69MissedCalls:
lets be real. the vow on the altar was "till death do us part" so the woman is free to remarry. but if u forced them then it is a sin
I tire oo.. mtshewww
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by chibaik(m): 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2015
You are asking what your offense is? You are the joker of the century. What the hell do you teach people in that your church that you are parading yourself as a pastor.

Now coming to your question, your offense is that you are not practicing Christianity but Syncretism. The truth is that many wants to serve God but they want to do it the way it pleases them and not according to the commands of God.

Anyway thank you for bringing this up. I know this never happened to you because no sane pastor will do such and have audacity to share his foolishness on a forum like this.

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by aku626(m): 11:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
I'm sorry about your ministry. First you must talk to God, then seek advice from the church elders. Don't you realize you've encouraged polygamy which is against the teachings of Jesus Christ? Study ti show yourself approved.

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by dustydee: 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
Freegift75:

Now, what is my offence?
Why didn't you offer to marry her?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by MsGlobalwonder(f): 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
Patented:
OP is either a liar or a fraud..
... or both
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by MuttleyLaff: 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
freecocoa:
Aren't you funny?
No ma'am, am not funny or trying to. Would have warned you if I were
That essentially is what sin is all about
Sin means missing the mark

The original Hebrew word that is used most frequently for sin is ''hamartano'' and it means to miss.

Examples of ''to miss'' could be misconduct, misbehavior, miscalculate, misdemeanor etcetera

Eve was deceived
but Adam wasnt, he, Adam, deliberately decided to mis-behave

freecocoa:
Who made you judge of the supposed mark?
You'll like a free-for-all, lacking rules or structure, I suppose
Anyway, who is paranoid and thinking I am judging

freecocoa:
especially when your God has no qualms with the matter. cheesy
God not having any qualms with the matter, doesnt mean God condones it or accepts it as normal

2 Likes

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
all these superstory we dn dey see for nairaland recently...I comment my reserve. Meanwhile, this jedi jedi dn dey make me see double o
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by PRINCESSO2: 11:14pm On Nov 01, 2015
Listen you need to speak the word of God whenever Satan tempts you
Psalm 199:11-Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

John17:17-Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Hebrews 4:

12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are Unclad and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do

What did Jesus do when he went into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
He spoke the word of God.
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
The Word of God can help us stop sinning.

Romans 6:23-23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 Corinthians 10: 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
I too struggled with sexual immorality until one day the temptation came and I think I said (I must have received help from the Lord)- THE SEXUALLY IMMORAL SHALL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD
The temptation eased up. And i thought the word of God can help the homosexuals or other sinners too.They can say when tempted

1 Corinthians 6-9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God when temptation comes,you need the word of God.

For pride-James 4:6But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Also-
Matthew 23:12-
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

For fear-2 Timothy 1- 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

For Sexual immorality -18Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

And for those who feel guilty -
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Christ is coming.and he comes for a pure church.
Ephesians 5-
25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Romans 8-
13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

So,how do we resist temptation-
James 4-7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by pussypounder(m): 11:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
sonofananimal:
you, the church and kehinde are all 419ers undecided

You surpose to know that thing is wrong. Since you claim to be a Christian and a PASTOR for that matter!

Kehinde is a FOOLISH man! Because his d1ck is hungering him. That's is very wrong to married your late brother's wife.

The church for that matter surpose to have know that you are a 419er pastoring that church

Gunshot akaaaaaaaa....yayyyy ibon ooooooo. shocked

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by freecocoa(f): 11:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
No ma'am, am not funny or trying to. Would have warned you if I were
That essentially is what sin is all about
Sin means missing the mark

The original Hebrew word that is used most frequently for sin is ''hamartano'' and it means to miss.

Examples of ''to miss'' could be misconduct, misbehavior, miscalculate, misdemeanor etcetera

Eve was deceived
but Adam wasnt, he, Adam, deliberately decided to mis-behave

You'll like a free-for-all, lacking rules or structure, I suppose
Anyway, who is paranoid and thinking I am judging

God not having any qualms with the matter, doesnt mean God condones it
Dude I don't understand why you feel the need to give unnecessary explanations, ain't nobody asking you all that, moving on.

Please Where have I implied that I'm all for no rules or structure? God doesn't condone polygamy yet the greatest men of the bible were polygamists who walked gracefully with God, he not only condones it, he endorsed it so tell me something I don't know.

You are judging, talking about mark, one rib and whatnot, nigga please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When You Only Meet Men That Only Want Sex / Oshoffa Sharing His Meal With Obasanjo *throwback* / Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.